If you reject the pope you reject paul

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 129 total)
  • Author
    Paladin
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ July 30 2009,07:44)
    WJ, Thinker, Nick and whoever else

If you reject the Pope like I know some of you do, especially the ones mentioned above you reject the teachings of Paul as he instituted the office of Head Bishop i.e. Pope.

The Pope represents the triumph of Christ over his enemies as The Vatican is clear evidence of.

So isn't rejecting the Pope rejecting Christ?

Why owuld God give authority to a perfect stranger? Why would Jesus give authority to a man who did not know him?

It was the Pope who began to kill those with whom he disagreed, through the office of the inquisition.

John 16:1 These things have I spoken unto you, that ye should not be offended. 2 They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that WHOSOEVER KILLETH YOU will think that he doeth God service.
    3 And these things will they do unto you, because they have NOT KNOWN THE FATHER, NOR ME.

And I speak from the experience of having been raised a Catholic. I have studied the Catholic hierarchy, the Pope, and all its infrastructure all my life, only to conclude he is a false teacher, and it is a false system.

And YOU do not know what you are talking about.

To ACCEPT the pope is to reject God and Christ. You accept the authority of men over the authority of God and his anointed.

Quote (Cindy @ July 30 2009,17:23)

If you reject the Pope like I know some of you do, especially the ones mentioned above you reject the teachings of Paul as he instituted the office of Head Bishop i.e. Pope.

The Pope represents the triumph of Christ over his enemies as The Vatican is clear evidence of.

That statement is absolutely ridiculous.   We were Catholics before and I do know that most Catholics do worship the Pope like He is Christ Himself.  However I believe now how wrong that is.  It is the Catholic Church that was the first Universal Roman Catholic Church that believed in the Trinity Doctrine which we can prove to be wrong. Out of that Church came all other so called Christian Churches.  Rev. tells us to come out of Her my People.  We did and do not believe in a Trinity any more.  One more thing, the Bishops are besides the Pope and are not at all are the Pope.  And no it is not rejecting Christ.
    Peace and Love Irene

I don't believe we can reject the Pope and revelations doesn't mention the Catholic Church is anything bad do you have any scriptures about that? The Pope is the head bishop and he is called Father because he is our spiritual Father just like Paul said he was Timothy's Father.

The Bible does talk about the falling away of the saints and it sounds to me that is what you did. You left the Church it didn't leave you and why did you reject the trinity if that was a revelation of the church?

Quote (Paladin @ July 31 2009,00:24)

Why owuld God give authority to a perfect stranger? Why would Jesus give authority to a man who did not know him?

It was the Pope who began to kill those with whom he disagreed, through the office of the inquisition.

John 16:1 These things have I spoken unto you, that ye should not be offended. 2 They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that WHOSOEVER KILLETH YOU will think that he doeth God service.
    3 And these things will they do unto you, because they have NOT KNOWN THE FATHER, NOR ME.

And I speak from the experience of having been raised a Catholic. I have studied the Catholic hierarchy, the Pope, and all its infrastructure all my life, only to conclude he is a false teacher, and it is a false system.

To ACCEPT the pope is to reject God and Christ. You accept the authority of men over the authority of God and his anointed.

The Pope is anointed, how can you say that he is not? We all know that our great teacher Paul didn't know Jesus in the flesh he never met him and Jesus gave him authority to place bishops all over the places he traveled and that is the same way it is today.

The Pope didn't throw anyone out of the synagogues, catholics don't have synagogues. Yes, the inquisition was bad but how is that the fault of the whole church if it is then it is your fault as well as mine.

Maybe that was a test of faith for Christians at the time. Are you going to mention every other thing that us Christians have done bad? Our sins are washed away so the inquisition is not a stain on the church anymore than it would be on a person.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi EF,
    Why do you say he is?
    Is he is why do you not agree with him?

Cindy
    Participant

Quote (Everlasting father Jesus @ July 31 2009,04:11)

That statement is absolutely ridiculous.   We were Catholics before and I do know that most Catholics do worship the Pope like He is Christ Himself.  However I believe now how wrong that is.  It is the Catholic Church that was the first Universal Roman Catholic Church that believed in the Trinity Doctrine which we can prove to be wrong. Out of that Church came all other so called Christian Churches.  Rev. tells us to come out of Her my People.  We did and do not believe in a Trinity any more.  One more thing, the Bishops are besides the Pope and are not at all are the Pope.  And no it is not rejecting Christ.
    Peace and Love Irene

I don't believe we can reject the Pope and revelations doesn't mention the Catholic Church is anything bad do you have any scriptures about that? The Pope is the head bishop and he is called Father because he is our spiritual Father just like Paul said he was Timothy's Father.

The Bible does talk about the falling away of the saints and it sounds to me that is what you did. You left the Church it didn't leave you and why did you reject the trinity if that was a revelation of the church?

We my Husband and I left the Church, because their Doctrine are grounded in Paganism. Also praying to Mary is so wrong I will not call former Catholics names. Also Maria did not stay a Virgin either.
    It was Quintus Septimius Florence Tertullian was the first who came up with that Doctrine of the Trinity. Also you need to big time prove the trinity doctrine. The Bereans did and so should we.
    I have given you Scriptures which you just ignore. All our lives we were in that Church, and we know it up and down. The Pope is just another false Prophet. Not Christ on earth. And I know how you and your Brothers worship Him. We did once too, never again. If you don't see now, you will some day understand. But I am afraid that your mind is closed. I have to smile that you think if I reject the Pope, I reject
    Christ, no way.
    Peace and Love Irene

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Cindy @ July 31 2009,06:27)

Peace and Love Irene

We my Husband and I left the Church, because their Doctrine are grounded in Paganism.  Also praying to Mary is so wrong I will not call former Catholics names.  Also Maria did not stay a Virgin either.
    It was Quintus Septimius Florence Tertullian was the first who came up with that Doctrine of the Trinity.  Also you need to big time prove the trinity doctrine.  The Bereans did and so should we.  
    I have given you Scriptures which you just ignore.  All our lives we were in that Church, and we know it up and down. The Pope is just another false Prophet. Not Christ on earth.  And I know how you and your Brothers worship Him. We did once too, never again. If you don't see now, you will some day understand. But I am afraid that your mind is closed. I have to smile that you think if I reject the Pope, I reject
    Christ, no way.
    Peace and Love Irene

Isn't it paganism to worship Jesus as God Almighty? God forbids worship of any created or physical object. God says do not worship the image of a man or bird or beast.

Do you worship Jesus?

Cindy
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ July 31 2009,08:01)

Peace and Love Irene

We my Husband and I left the Church, because their Doctrine are grounded in Paganism.  Also praying to Mary is so wrong I will not call former Catholics names.  Also Maria did not stay a Virgin either.
    It was Quintus Septimius Florence Tertullian was the first who came up with that Doctrine of the Trinity.  Also you need to big time prove the trinity doctrine.  The Bereans did and so should we.  
    I have given you Scriptures which you just ignore.  All our lives we were in that Church, and we know it up and down. The Pope is just another false Prophet. Not Christ on earth.  And I know how you and your Brothers worship Him. We did once too, never again. If you don't see now, you will some day understand. But I am afraid that your mind is closed. I have to smile that you think if I reject the Pope, I reject
    Christ, no way.
    Peace and Love Irene

Isn't it paganism to worship Jesus as God Almighty? God forbids worship of any created or physical object. God says do not worship the image of a man or bird or beast.

Do you worship Jesus?

Are you kidding? I worship the Father through our Mediator Jesus Christ. It is you who worship Jesus and the trinity 3in1. Not in my book. The trinity doctrine is a Pagan Doctrine, not ours who do not believe in it. Quintys Septimus Florens Tertullian's Parents were Pagan's and He was brought up into it.
    Peace and Love Irene

Paladin
    Participant

Quote (Everlasting father Jesus @ July 31 2009,04:22)

Quote (Paladin @ July 31 2009,00:24)

The Pope is anointed, how can you say that he is not? We all know that our great teacher Paul didn't know Jesus in the flesh he never met him and Jesus gave him authority to place bishops all over the places he traveled and that is the same way it is today.

The Pope didn't throw anyone out of the synagogues, catholics don't have synagogues. Yes, the inquisition was bad but how is that the fault of the whole church if it is then it is your fault as well as mine.

Maybe that was a test of faith for Christians at the time. Are you going to mention every other thing that us Christians have done bad? Our sins are washed away so the inquisition is not a stain on the church anymore than it would be on a person.

Jesus was “made both Lord and anointed” AFTER he was raised from the dead.

All the saints are “anointed” in Christ. So what is the purpose of “anointing” one man above another?

Jesus himself said that the nations have one man over another, but you are not to do that.

Mark 10:42 But Jesus called them to him, and saith unto them, Ye know that they which are accounted to rule over the Gentiles exercise lordship over them; and their great ones exercise authority upon them. 43 But so shall it not be among you: but whosoever will be great among you, shall be your minister: 44 And whosoever of you will be the chiefest, shall be servant of all. 45 For even the Son of man came not to be ministered unto, but to minister, and to give his life a ransom for many.

Luke 22:25 And he said unto them, The kings of the Gentiles exercise lordship over them; and they that exercise authority upon them are called benefactors. 26 But ye shall not be so: but he that is greatest among you let him be as the younger; and he that is chief, as he that doth serve. 27 For whether is greater, he that sitteth at meat, or he that serveth? is not he that sitteth at meat? but I am among you as he that serveth.

1 Peter 5:3 “Neither as being lords over God's heritage, but being ensamples to the flock.”

The Pope is the LEAST of all examples of humility on earth.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi P,
    He spoke of himself as Lord of David while he lived as an anointed man, the Christ.

Paladin
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 31 2009,10:19)
    Hi P,
    He spoke of himself as Lord of David while he lived as an anointed man, the Christ.

But he was anointed of the Lord. Even all of God's priests and kings were anointed by men but at God's command.

Jesus was anointed by God: Isa 61:1 The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed 04886 me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound; Pneuma Kuriou ep eme ou eineken ekrise me

(Luk 4:18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed 5548 me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, exrisen)

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Cindy @ July 31 2009,09:37)

Quote (bodhitharta @ July 31 2009,08:01)

Peace and Love Irene

Christ, no way.
    Peace and Love Irene

Do you worship Jesus?

Are you kidding?  I worship the Father through our Mediator Jesus Christ.  It is you who worship Jesus and the trinity 3in1.  Not in my book. The trinity doctrine is a Pagan Doctrine, not ours who do not believe in it.  Quintys Septimus Florens Tertullian's Parents were Pagan's and He was brought up into it.
    Peace and Love Irene

Irene,

I don't believe in the trinity, where did you get that from? I believe in strict monotheism as in Islam and Judaism.

I believe that we can go to the Father ourselves and we owe God our complete and Absolute Worship. I brought up the Pope because I said that Paul taught that there should be Bishops and deacons all though Jesus said they should not have Overseers.

My point was if you accept Paul you should accept the Pope because it is Paul who opened the door up for people to see Jesus as God as he Prophesied that God said that Jesus was God when he assigns the old psalms such as “Thy Throne o God” which he calls a conversation of God to Jesus.

Pauls teaching made the Catholic structure possible and even though they claim Peter as their root Peter did not set up the structure in that way in-fact Peter had the disciples with all things in Common with no Overseers as Bishops or higher ranks.

Paul is responsible for the Catholic Church and its most basic rules such as refraining from women and women not being considered for preaching and such.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    Still busy trying to divide the Body of Christ?
    Paul's place is assured but yours is in doubt.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 31 2009,11:31)
    Hi BD,
    Still busy trying to divide the Body of Christ?
    Paul's place is assured but yours is in doubt.

Jesus said “I judge no man” so are you in a positon to Judge?

The Fact is Paul has provided the infrastructure of the Catholic Church.

Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ July 30 2009,15:58)

Quote (942767 @ July 30 2009,15:48)

Quote (bodhitharta @ July 30 2009,14:30)

Quote (942767 @ July 30 2009,14:18)

Quote (bodhitharta @ July 30 2009,14:05)

Quote (942767 @ July 30 2009,12:41)

Quote (bodhitharta @ July 30 2009,10:30)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 30 2009,08:30)
    Hi BD,
    Your support for the whore is of little use to you in dividing the body of Christ as those in Christ were never one with the Whore.

Nick,

Can you show me any scripture mentioning the Pope or the Catholic Church being evil or Corrupt?

Isn't it true that all the denominations we see today are the falling away and the apostasy from “the Church”?

Hi BD:

The doctrines of the Catholic church do not line up with what Jesus and the Apostles taught, and so, I seriously doubt that the authority of the Pope was given him by God.

Doctrines such a the “trinity”, and practices like praying to the virgin Mary, and calling her in prayer the “mother of God”, and praying also to saints, and other practices are not coming from God since these are not in accordance with His Word.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Neither was the abolishment of the Law. Paul set up Bishops and so how do you consider it is not scriptural when it is.

Paul set up the methods of collecting Money  and the entire structure of the Catholic Church so how do you reject the teachings of Paul so easily?

Hi BD:

Did the Apostle Paul say that the Law was abolished?  

And he was an Apostle which means sent by God, and God confirmed what he was teaching with miracles and signs and wonders following.

The five fold ministry was not set up by the Apostle Paul but by Jesus.

Eph 4:3   Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.  

Eph 4:4   [There is] one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;  

Eph 4:5   One Lord, one faith, one baptism,  

Eph 4:6   One God and Father of all, who [is] above all, and through all, and in you all.  

Eph 4:7 ¶ But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ.  

Eph 4:8   Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.  

Eph 4:9   (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth?  

Eph 4:10   He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)  

Eph 4:11   And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;  

Eph 4:12   For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:  

Eph 4:13   Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:  

Also, the Catholic church state that the Pope is the successor to the Apostle Peter and not the Apostle Paul.  

Love in Christ,
    Marty

You just quoted Paul speaking about Jesus.

Paul set up the office of bishop according to the scriptures but they credit Peter as being the first Bishop/Pope.

Paul was also the first to call himself a Papa or Spiritual Father i.e. Pope.

Paul declared that the Law was abilished at the cross (being nailed to the cross)

If Paul was sent by God then why wouldn't the Pope be sent by God and taught by God the things that the church believe in presently?

Why do you assume they teach anything incorrectly?

Isn't the Catholic Church a spiritual Kingdom on earth?

Isn't the Pope a temporary position prepared for the actual second coming of Jesus?

Hi BD:

Paul did not call himself a pope, but I do think that he called Timothy his spiritual son.  

Actually, this is what he said:

1Ti 1:2 Unto Timothy, [my] own son in the faith: Grace, mercy, [and] peace, from God our Father and Jesus Christ our Lord.  

And I believe that you are misunderstanding him relative to what you say about abolishing the law.  

He said that Christ is the end of the Law for righteousness to all who believe in Jesus.

Rom 10:1 ¶ Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved.  

Rom 10:2   For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge.  

Rom 10:3   For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.  

Rom 10:4   For Christ [is] the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.  

Rom 10:5   For Moses describeth the righteousness which is of the law, That the man which doeth those things shall live by them.  

He said that we are saved by Faith so that it may be by grace, but we do not make void the law through faith in Jesus we establish the law.  We fulfill the law through love.

Rom 3:21 ¶ But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;  

Rom 3:22   Even the righteousness of God [which is] by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:  

Rom 3:23   For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;  

Rom 3:24   Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:  

Rom 3:25   Whom God hath set forth [to be] a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;  

Rom 3:26   To declare, , at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.  

Rom 3:27 ¶ Where [is] boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.  

Rom 3:28   Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.  

Rom 3:29   [Is he] the God of the Jews only? [is he] not also of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also:  

Rom 3:30   Seeing [it is] one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith.  

Rom 3:31   Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.  

Rom 13:8 ¶ Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.  

Rom 13:9   For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if [there be] any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.  

Rom 13:10   Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love [is] the fulfilling of the law.  

I don't assume that the teachings of the Catholic church are incorrect.  I know that they are because I can weigh what they teach against the Word of God.  Even the Quran acknowledges that these teachings of the Catholic church are not correct.

No, the Catholic church is not a spiritual kingdom on earth, and I do not believe that the authority that the Pope has been given by men has come from God because God does not confirm what they teach.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Paul said that the Law was a curse and it was nailed to the cross.

Of course The Quran teaches that the doctrines of The Catholic are incorrect because they instituted the trinity and say that Jesus is God. But, that is because The Quran teaches strict Monotheism like Judaism but much of Christianity is based upon the teachings of Paul and the Catholic Church is not in opposition to the teachings of Paul who was the first to prophesy that Jesus is God.

Hi BD:

This is what the Apostle Paul actually said regarding the cross:

Col 2:14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

And please show me where the Apostle Paul prophesied that Jesus was God.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ July 31 2009,12:55)

Hi BD,
    Your support for the whore is of little use to you in dividing the body of Christ as those in Christ were never one with the Whore.

Nick,

Can you show me any scripture mentioning the Pope or the Catholic Church being evil or Corrupt?

Isn't it true that all the denominations we see today are the falling away and the apostasy from “the Church”?

Hi BD:

The doctrines of the Catholic church do not line up with what Jesus and the Apostles taught, and so, I seriously doubt that the authority of the Pope was given him by God.

Doctrines such a the “trinity”, and practices like praying to the virgin Mary, and calling her in prayer the “mother of God”, and praying also to saints, and other practices are not coming from God since these are not in accordance with His Word.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Neither was the abolishment of the Law. Paul set up Bishops and so how do you consider it is not scriptural when it is.

Paul set up the methods of collecting Money  and the entire structure of the Catholic Church so how do you reject the teachings of Paul so easily?

Hi BD:

And he was an Apostle which means sent by God, and God confirmed what he was teaching with miracles and signs and wonders following.

Eph 4:4   [There is] one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;  

Eph 4:6   One God and Father of all, who [is] above all, and through all, and in you all.  

Eph 4:7 ¶ But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ.  

Eph 4:8   Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.  

Eph 4:9   (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth?  

Eph 4:10   He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)  

Eph 4:11   And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;  

Eph 4:12   For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:  

Eph 4:13   Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:  

Also, the Catholic church state that the Pope is the successor to the Apostle Peter and not the Apostle Paul.  

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Paul set up the office of bishop according to the scriptures but they credit Peter as being the first Bishop/Pope.

Paul declared that the Law was abilished at the cross (being nailed to the cross)

If Paul was sent by God then why wouldn't the Pope be sent by God and taught by God the things that the church believe in presently?

Isn't the Pope a temporary position prepared for the actual second coming of Jesus?

Hi BD:

Paul did not call himself a pope, but I do think that he called Timothy his spiritual son.  

1Ti 1:2 Unto Timothy, [my] own son in the faith: Grace, mercy, [and] peace, from God our Father and Jesus Christ our Lord.  

And I believe that you are misunderstanding him relative to what you say about abolishing the law.  

He said that Christ is the end of the Law for righteousness to all who believe in Jesus.

Rom 10:1 ¶ Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved.  

Rom 10:2   For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge.  

Rom 10:3   For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.  

Rom 10:4   For Christ [is] the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.  

Rom 10:5   For Moses describeth the righteousness which is of the law, That the man which doeth those things shall live by them.  

He said that we are saved by Faith so that it may be by grace, but we do not make void the law through faith in Jesus we establish the law.  We fulfill the law through love.

Rom 3:21 ¶ But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested,
    being witnessed by the law and the prophets;  

Rom 3:22   Even the righteousness of God [which is] by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:  

Rom 3:24   Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:  

Rom 3:25   Whom God hath set forth [to be] a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;  

Rom 3:26   To declare, , at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.  

Rom 3:27 ¶ Where [is] boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.  

Rom 3:28   Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.  

Rom 3:29   [Is he] the God of the Jews only? [is he] not also of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also:  

Rom 3:30   Seeing [it is] one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith.  

Rom 3:31   Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.  

Rom 13:8 ¶ Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.  

Rom 13:9   For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if [there be] any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.  

Rom 13:10   Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love [is] the fulfilling of the law.  

I don't assume that the teachings of the Catholic church are incorrect.  I know that they are because I can weigh what they teach against the Word of God.  Even the Quran acknowledges that these teachings of the Catholic church are not correct.

No, the Catholic church is not a spiritual kingdom on earth, and I do not believe that the authority that the Pope has been given by men has come from God because God does not confirm what they teach.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Of course The Quran teaches that the doctrines of The Catholic are incorrect because they instituted the trinity and say that Jesus is God. But, that is because The Quran teaches strict Monotheism like Judaism but much of Christianity is based upon the teachings of Paul and the Catholic Church is not in opposition to the teachings of Paul who was the first to prophesy that Jesus is God.

Hi BD:

Col 2:14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;  

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hebrews 1:7-9 (King James Version)

7 And of the angels he saith, Who maketh his angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire.

8 But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.

9 Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

He says that God was speaking to Jesus but the person the psalmist was calling God was a King it was not God speaking to anyone.

Psalm 45:5-7 (King James Version)

5 Thine arrows are sharp in the heart of the king's enemies; whereby the people fall under thee.

6 Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: the sceptre of thy kingdom is a right sceptre.

7 Thou lovest righteousness, and hatest wickedness: therefore God, thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.

Who was speaking here?

Psalm 45
    1 My heart is inditing a good matter: I speak of the things which I have made touching the king: my tongue is the pen of a ready writer.

2 Thou art fairer than the children of men: grace is poured into thy lips: therefore God hath blessed thee for ever.

But Paul says that this is God speaking to Jesus.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ July 31 2009,12:55)

Hi BD,

Nick,

Hi BD:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi BD:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi BD:

Rom 3:21 ¶ But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested,
    being witnessed by the law and the prophets;  

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi BD:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Also the ordinances of God was never contrary or a burden to man. Only the commandments of men have been a burden to man. The Law is Holy and Just.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,

You either love the scriptures or despise then but you judge them as inadequate and in need of revision.

So now your praise of the work of the Spirit of God thus must be as ashes in your mouth.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 31 2009,13:35)
    Hi BD,

You either love the scriptures or despise then but you judge them as inadequate and in need of revision.

So now your praise of the work of the Spirit of God thus must be as ashes in your mouth.

Everything written is not written by the spirit should I prove it to you.

God said you must master sin, Paul said that the flesh is sinful and can't be controlled.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    You can stand on nothing of substance to Judge the rock of scripture.
    Sin lived in Paul and flesh is of the world, owned by the earth and returns to it

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 31 2009,14:13)
    Hi BD,
    You can stand on nothing of substance to Judge the rock of scripture.
    Sin lived in Paul and flesh is of the world, owned by the earth and returns to it

Flesh was made by God and he called it GOOD. Jesus came in the Flesh and Blood and he was good and sinned not therefore it is not the flesh that is sinful, although Paul says Jesus came in sinful flesh. You love Paul at the expense of Jesus.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 129 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account