If you reject the pope you reject paul

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 129 total)
  • Author
    bodhitharta
    Participant

WJ, Thinker, Nick and whoever else

If you reject the Pope like I know some of you do, especially the ones mentioned above you reject the teachings of Paul as he instituted the office of Head Bishop i.e. Pope.

The Pope represents the triumph of Christ over his enemies as The Vatican is clear evidence of.

So isn't rejecting the Pope rejecting Christ?

Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ July 30 2009,07:44)

If you reject the Pope like I know some of you do, especially the ones mentioned above you reject the teachings of Paul as he instituted the office of Head Bishop i.e. Pope.

The Pope represents the triumph of Christ over his enemies as The Vatican is clear evidence of.

I will give you a short answer, and that answer is, No.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Quote (bodhitharta @ July 29 2009,15:44)

Hi BD

I have already responded to this in a previous post…

“Hi BD

No you have created something not described by Jesus.

Jesus was speaking of an attitude of the heart of being a servant to others of which a true leader will be and not like the demands of Mohammad who lorded over Muslims.

Jesus knowing he was their Lord and Master washed the disciple’s feet and told them to follow that example, but does that mean that Jesus was still not Lord and Master or that there would not be leaders in the Church? Your lack of proper use of the scriptures is betraying you.

Thanks again for confirming that you are not a NT Christian, for you have once again shown your disdain for the NT scriptures by denying two thirds of them as being inspired by God.

Paul's revelation came directly from Jesus and his writings are also confirmed by Peter, (1 of the 12 eye witnesses of Jesus), as being the Word of God.

And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; “even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you; As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, WHICH THEY THAT ARE UNLEARNED AND UNSTABLE WREST, AS THEY DO ALSO THE OTHER SCRIPTURES, UNTO THEIR OWN DESTRUCTION”. 2 Peter 3:16

Jesus said to Peter “feed my sheep”, so then Peter had the commission to take care of the flock of God under Jesus.

Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which “the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, (episkopos)” to feed the church of God, “WHICH HE HATH PURCHASED WITH HIS OWN BLOOD Acts. 20:28

Strong's G1985 – episkopos which means;

1) an overseer

a) a man charged with the duty of seeing that things to be done by others are done rightly, any curator, guardian or superintendent

b) the superintendent, elder, or overseer of a Christian church

This is the same word Paul used for “Bishop” in the KJV!

For a bishop (episkopos) must be blameless, as the steward of God; not selfwilled, not soon angry, not given to wine, no striker, not given to filthy lucre; Tts 1:7

Other translations render it overseer.

Notice also that Acts 20:28 says that God himself purchased the church with his own blood.

So now you also have to throw the book of Acts out because the Church was purchased by his own Blood!

The Holy Spirit gave the command to set in Bishops (overseers) BD.

You have denied two thirds of the NT by denying the words of Paul given to him by direct revelation from Jesus.

Also you deny the words of Jesus given to Peter to “feed his sheep”.

Let that be a witness to you that the “Islamic faith” is anti-christ and has adopted a Jesus that is not of the Christian scriptures.

I pray God will open your eyes to the truths of the Holy Scriptures and the lies of the Koran.

WJ

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    Your support for the whore is of little use to you in dividing the body of Christ as those in Christ were never one with the Whore.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ July 30 2009,08:17)

Quote (bodhitharta @ July 29 2009,15:44)

Hi BD

I have already responded to this in a previous post…

“Hi BD

No you have created something not described by Jesus.

Jesus was speaking of an attitude of the heart of being a servant to others of which a true leader will be and not like the demands of Mohammad who lorded over Muslims.

Jesus knowing he was their Lord and Master washed the disciple’s feet and told them to follow that example, but does that mean that Jesus was still not Lord and Master or that there would not be leaders in the Church? Your lack of proper use of the scriptures is betraying you.

Thanks again for confirming that you are not a NT Christian, for you have once again shown your disdain for the NT scriptures by denying two thirds of them as being inspired by God.

Paul's revelation came directly from Jesus and his writings are also confirmed by Peter, (1 of the 12 eye witnesses of Jesus), as being the Word of God.

And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; “even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you; As also in all his epistles, speaking in them of these things; in which are some things hard to be understood, WHICH THEY THAT ARE UNLEARNED AND UNSTABLE WREST, AS THEY DO ALSO THE OTHER SCRIPTURES, UNTO THEIR OWN DESTRUCTION”. 2 Peter 3:16

Jesus said to Peter “feed my sheep”, so then Peter had the commission to take care of the flock of God under Jesus.

Take heed therefore unto yourselves, and to all the flock, over the which “the Holy Ghost hath made you overseers, (episkopos)” to feed the church of God, “WHICH HE HATH PURCHASED WITH HIS OWN BLOOD Acts. 20:28

Strong's G1985 – episkopos which means;

1) an overseer

a) a man charged with the duty of seeing that things to be done by others are done rightly, any curator, guardian or superintendent

b) the superintendent, elder, or overseer of a Christian church

This is the same word Paul used for “Bishop” in the KJV!

For a bishop (episkopos) must be blameless, as the steward of God; not selfwilled, not soon angry, not given to wine, no striker, not given to filthy lucre; Tts 1:7

Other translations render it overseer.

Notice also that Acts 20:28 says that God himself purchased the church with his own blood.

So now you also have to throw the book of Acts out because the Church was purchased by his own Blood!

The Holy Spirit gave the command to set in Bishops (overseers) BD.

You have denied two thirds of the NT by denying the words of Paul given to him by direct revelation from Jesus.

Also you deny the words of Jesus given to Peter to “feed his sheep”.

Let that be a witness to you that the “Islamic faith” is anti-christ and has adopted a Jesus that is not of the Christian scriptures.

I pray God will open your eyes to the truths of the Holy Scriptures and the lies of the Koran.

WJ

The Pope is the Head Bishop so if you reject the Pope you reject Paul and Peter.

In-fact Jesus said “what you do to the least of these you do it unto me”

The Pope is the overseer of the Christian Church If you disagree with him on some points that is fine but still he is the Head Bishop, Peter didn't agree with Paul on everything but they didn't flat out reject one another did they?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    You have listened too much to the false church of man and do not know the body of Christ.
    Wake up.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 30 2009,08:30)
    Hi BD,
    Your support for the whore is of little use to you in dividing the body of Christ as those in Christ were never one with the Whore.

Nick,

Can you show me any scripture mentioning the Pope or the Catholic Church being evil or Corrupt?

Isn't it true that all the denominations we see today are the falling away and the apostasy from “the Church”?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    The earthly authorities placed by God do enjoy scriptural support but what of the self appointed human religion leaders?

They only are shown in Rev 17-18

I would never reject the Pope, God has given him his authority and since Jesus gave that authority to him who are we to reject this servant of God?

Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ July 30 2009,10:30)

Hi BD,

Nick,

Can you show me any scripture mentioning the Pope or the Catholic Church being evil or Corrupt?

Isn't it true that all the denominations we see today are the falling away and the apostasy from “the Church”?

Hi BD:

The doctrines of the Catholic church do not line up with what Jesus and the Apostles taught, and so, I seriously doubt that the authority of the Pope was given him by God.

Doctrines such a the “trinity”, and practices like praying to the virgin Mary, and calling her in prayer the “mother of God”, and praying also to saints, and other practices are not coming from God since these are not in accordance with His Word.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ July 30 2009,12:41)

Hi BD,

Nick,

Hi BD:

The doctrines of the Catholic church do not line up with what Jesus and the Apostles taught, and so, I seriously doubt that the authority of the Pope was given him by God.

Doctrines such a the “trinity”, and practices like praying to the virgin Mary, and calling her in prayer the “mother of God”, and praying also to saints, and other practices are not coming from God since these are not in accordance with His Word.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Neither was the abolishment of the Law. Paul set up Bishops and so how do you consider it is not scriptural when it is.

Paul set up the methods of collecting Money and the entire structure of the Catholic Church so how do you reject the teachings of Paul so easily?

Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ July 30 2009,14:05)

Hi BD,

Nick,

Hi BD:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Neither was the abolishment of the Law. Paul set up Bishops and so how do you consider it is not scriptural when it is.

Paul set up the methods of collecting Money  and the entire structure of the Catholic Church so how do you reject the teachings of Paul so easily?

Hi BD:

Did the Apostle Paul say that the Law was abolished?  

And he was an Apostle which means sent by God, and God confirmed what he was teaching with miracles and signs and wonders following.

The five fold ministry was not set up by the Apostle Paul but by Jesus.

Eph 4:3   Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace.  

Eph 4:4   [There is] one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;  

Eph 4:5   One Lord, one faith, one baptism,  

Eph 4:6   One God and Father of all, who [is] above all, and through all, and in you all.  

Eph 4:7 ¶ But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ.  

Eph 4:8   Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.  

Eph 4:9   (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth?  

Eph 4:10   He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)  

Eph 4:11   And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;  

Eph 4:12   For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:  

Eph 4:13   Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:  

Also, the Catholic church state that the Pope is the successor to the Apostle Peter and not the Apostle Paul.  

Love in Christ,
    Marty

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ July 30 2009,14:18)

Hi BD,

Nick,

Hi BD:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Paul set up the methods of collecting Money  and the entire structure of the Catholic Church so how do you reject the teachings of Paul so easily?

Hi BD:

And he was an Apostle which means sent by God, and God confirmed what he was teaching with miracles and signs and wonders following.

Eph 4:4   [There is] one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;  

Eph 4:6   One God and Father of all, who [is] above all, and through all, and in you all.  

Eph 4:7 ¶ But unto every one of us is given grace according to the measure of the gift of Christ.  

Eph 4:8   Wherefore he saith, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.  

Eph 4:9   (Now that he ascended, what is it but that he also descended first into the lower parts of the earth?  

Eph 4:10   He that descended is the same also that ascended up far above all heavens, that he might fill all things.)  

Eph 4:11   And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;  

Eph 4:12   For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:  

Eph 4:13   Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:  

Also, the Catholic church state that the Pope is the successor to the Apostle Peter and not the Apostle Paul.  

Love in Christ,
    Marty

You just quoted Paul speaking about Jesus.

Paul set up the office of bishop according to the scriptures but they credit Peter as being the first Bishop/Pope.

Paul was also the first to call himself a Papa or Spiritual Father i.e. Pope.

Paul declared that the Law was abilished at the cross (being nailed to the cross)

If Paul was sent by God then why wouldn't the Pope be sent by God and taught by God the things that the church believe in presently?

Why do you assume they teach anything incorrectly?

Isn't the Catholic Church a spiritual Kingdom on earth?

Isn't the Pope a temporary position prepared for the actual second coming of Jesus?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    You love the whore?

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 30 2009,14:43)
    Hi BD,
    You love the whore?

Can you prove that the Catholic Church or the Pope is the whore?

Scripture Please!

If your supposed to be with the bride of Christ (The Church) and you left why are you not the one who is the whore? Just asking

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Everlasting father Jesus @ July 30 2009,12:25)

I would never reject the Pope, God has given him his authority and since Jesus gave that authority to him who are we to reject this servant of God?

Hi EF,
    Your ideas differ markedly from his but that is ok for you?
    Disobedience to your human master is not a problem?

Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ July 30 2009,14:30)

Hi BD,

Nick,

Hi BD:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi BD:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Paul set up the office of bishop according to the scriptures but they credit Peter as being the first Bishop/Pope.

Paul declared that the Law was abilished at the cross (being nailed to the cross)

If Paul was sent by God then why wouldn't the Pope be sent by God and taught by God the things that the church believe in presently?

Isn't the Pope a temporary position prepared for the actual second coming of Jesus?

Hi BD:

Paul did not call himself a pope, but I do think that he called Timothy his spiritual son.

Actually, this is what he said:

1Ti 1:2 Unto Timothy, [my] own son in the faith: Grace, mercy, [and] peace, from God our Father and Jesus Christ our Lord.

And I believe that you are misunderstanding him relative to what you say about abolishing the law.

He said that Christ is the end of the Law for righteousness to all who believe in Jesus.

Rom 10:1 ¶ Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved.

Rom 10:2 For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge.

Rom 10:3 For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.

Rom 10:4 For Christ [is] the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

Rom 10:5 For Moses describeth the righteousness which is of the law, That the man which doeth those things shall live by them.

He said that we are saved by Faith so that it may be by grace, but we do not make void the law through faith in Jesus we establish the law. We fulfill the law through love.

Rom 3:21 ¶ But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

Rom 3:22 Even the righteousness of God [which is] by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:

Rom 3:23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;

Rom 3:24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

Rom 3:25 Whom God hath set forth [to be] a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

Rom 3:26 To declare, , at t
    his time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

Rom 3:27 ¶ Where [is] boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.

Rom 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

Rom 3:29 [Is he] the God of the Jews only? [is he] not also of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also:

Rom 3:30 Seeing [it is] one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith.

Rom 3:31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

Rom 13:8 ¶ Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.

Rom 13:9 For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if [there be] any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Rom 13:10 Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love [is] the fulfilling of the law.

I don't assume that the teachings of the Catholic church are incorrect. I know that they are because I can weigh what they teach against the Word of God. Even the Quran acknowledges that these teachings of the Catholic church are not correct.

No, the Catholic church is not a spiritual kingdom on earth, and I do not believe that the authority that the Pope has been given by men has come from God because God does not confirm what they teach.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ July 30 2009,15:48)

Quote (bodhitharta @ July 30 2009,14:30)

Hi BD,

Nick,

Hi BD:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi BD:

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi BD:

Paul did not call himself a pope, but I do think that he called Timothy his spiritual son.  

Actually, this is what he said:

1Ti 1:2 Unto Timothy, [my] own son in the faith: Grace, mercy, [and] peace, from God our Father and Jesus Christ our Lord.  

And I believe that you are misunderstanding him relative to what you say about abolishing the law.  

He said that Christ is the end of the Law for righteousness to all who believe in Jesus.

Rom 10:1 ¶ Brethren, my heart's desire and prayer to God for Israel is, that they might be saved.  

Rom 10:2   For I bear them record that they have a zeal of God, but not according to knowledge.  

Rom 10:3   For they being ignorant of God's righteousness, and going about to establish their own righteousness, have not submitted themselves unto the righteousness of God.  

Rom 10:4   For Christ [is] the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.  

Rom 10:5   For Moses describeth the righteousness which is of the law, That the man which doeth those things shall live by them.  

He said that we are saved by Faith so that it may be by grace, but we do not make void the law through faith in Jesus we establish the law.  We fulfill the law through love.

Rom 3:21 ¶ But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;  

Rom 3:22   Even the righteousness of God [which is] by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference:  

Rom 3:23   For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God;  

Rom 3:24   Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:  

Rom 3:25   Whom God hath set
    forth [to be] a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;  

Rom 3:26   To declare, , at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.  

Rom 3:27 ¶ Where [is] boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay: but by the law of faith.  

Rom 3:28   Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.  

Rom 3:29   [Is he] the God of the Jews only? [is he] not also of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also:  

Rom 3:30   Seeing [it is] one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith.  

Rom 3:31   Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.  

Rom 13:8 ¶ Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.  

Rom 13:9   For this, Thou shalt not commit adultery, Thou shalt not kill, Thou shalt not steal, Thou shalt not bear false witness, Thou shalt not covet; and if [there be] any other commandment, it is briefly comprehended in this saying, namely, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.  

Rom 13:10   Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love [is] the fulfilling of the law.  

I don't assume that the teachings of the Catholic church are incorrect.  I know that they are because I can weigh what they teach against the Word of God.  Even the Quran acknowledges that these teachings of the Catholic church are not correct.

No, the Catholic church is not a spiritual kingdom on earth, and I do not believe that the authority that the Pope has been given by men has come from God because God does not confirm what they teach.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Paul said that the Law was a curse and it was nailed to the cross.

Of course The Quran teaches that the doctrines of The Catholic are incorrect because they instituted the trinity and say that Jesus is God. But, that is because The Quran teaches strict Monotheism like Judaism but much of Christianity is based upon the teachings of Paul and the Catholic Church is not in opposition to the teachings of Paul who was the first to prophesy that Jesus is God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    The catholic church has it's own doctrines having put aside the scriptures in favour of tradition.
    Plain sailing for them ever since away from truth and into folly with her daughters trailing in her wake.

Cindy
    Participant

That statement is absolutely ridiculous. We were Catholics before and I do know that most Catholics do worship the Pope like He is Christ Himself. However I believe now how wrong that is. It is the Catholic Church that was the first Universal Roman Catholic Church that believed in the Trinity Doctrine which we can prove to be wrong. Out of that Church came all other so called Christian Churches. Rev. tells us to come out of Her my People. We did and do not believe in a Trinity any more. One more thing, the Bishops are besides the Pope and are not at all are the Pope. And no it is not rejecting Christ.
    Peace and Love Irene

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 129 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account