If Jesus isn't God

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 100 total)
  • Author
    yes2truth
    Participant

If not, how can anyone be saved?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi and welcome,
    I have read this question before and struggle to understand it. It implies that only God Himself can save us. But God delegates and why not. Why be God and have to do all your own work when you have servants as capable and pure and willing as your son to do the work? Does not a king send emmissaries to negotiate peace for Him with those who are at his mercy?

Did President Roosevelt, or General MacArthur on his behalf, sign the peace treaty with the Japanese Emperor? Likewise in the parable of the tenants of the Vineyard first the owner sends his slaves one at a time and then he sends his own son. He does not need to come Himself.

1Jn 4.2
    “…every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God”

yes2truth
    Participant

Are you then saying that Jesus was, and is not God and was not God made flesh?

If you are then you and I am still dead in my sins, for only God as a sacrifice would be enough to take all of my and mankind's sins.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (yes2truth @ Oct. 23 2005,22:31)
    Are you then saying that Jesus was, and is not God and was not God made flesh?

If you are then you and I am still dead in my sins, for only God as a sacrifice would be enough to take all of my and mankind's sins.

Hi Y2t,
    Jesus Christ is the Son of God. The Father is his God and our God. That is what scripture says.

It also says Jesus Christ came in the flesh and the antichrist spirit says otherwise.

If God sacrificed himself to who was He sacrificed?

Did Abraham intend to sacrifice himself or his 'only begotten'son?

Likewise scripture says
    ” For God so loved the world that he gave His only begotten Son that whever believes in him shall not perish , but have eternal life”
    That seems clear enough.

How you stand with God I do not know but it does not relate to these matters does it?

yes2truth
    Participant

Are you then saying there was only ever one God and that Jesus Christ was not God before He became flesh?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Jn 1 says the Word was God and was with God in the beginning. 1 Jn 1 also says he was with the Father. He is called “the beginning of the creation of God” in Rev 3 14. He is the firstborn son of God, the only begotten Son. He had divine nature too as Phil 2.5-6 shows and was the radiation of the glory of God and the exact representation of His nature according to Hebrews1. Of course God Himself was the original and no image is as great as that which it reflects. Glorious being that he is he was not the God of the Old Testament and he is not the God of the New. Jesus called his Father his God in John 20 17. No worshipper is as great as He who is worshipped is he? And of course Jesus said”the Father is greater than I”

yes2truth
    Participant

I think you are saying in a human reasoned sort of way that Jesus is not God made flesh and that you are also saying there is only one God. Am I correct?

By human reasoning I mean you are not accepting the fact that they were always two as explained by Deut 6:4 i.e. Jesus God with Father God. Melchisedec was Our Lord in the flesh and He also appeared in the flesh to Abraham before destroying Sodom

Isaiah 9:6 For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

He was worshipped by the angels – only God can be worshipped.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (yes2truth @ Oct. 25 2005,19:53)
    I think you are saying in a human reasoned sort of way that Jesus is not God made flesh and that you are also saying there is only one God. Am I correct?

By human reasoning I mean you are not accepting the fact that they were always two as explained by Deut 6:4 i.e. Jesus God with Father God.  Melchisedec was Our Lord in the flesh and He also appeared in the flesh to Abraham before destroying Sodom

Isaiah 9:6  For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Hi y2t,
    Scripture says Jesus Christ came in the flesh-not God.

Melchisedek was Melchisedek.

There is only One True God. The Word had divine nature but was the god with Almighty God. And there are many gods according to Ps 97, 1Cor 8 and even Jesus called men gods.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (yes2truth @ Oct. 25 2005,19:53)

By human reasoning I mean you are not accepting the fact that they were always two as explained by Deut 6:4 i.e. Jesus God with Father God.  Melchisedec was Our Lord in the flesh and He also appeared in the flesh to Abraham before destroying Sodom

Isaiah 9:6  For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

Hi y2t,
    By human reasoning you say God is two when scripture says plainly God is ONE in Deuteronomy 6.4. You have added in Jesus God to Father God. There is no God the Son in scripture only the Son of God.

There are no scriptural instructions for us to worship any God but the Father and Jesus made this plain himself in his discussion with the woman at the well.

By human reasoning you have derived that because men worshipped him that proves to you he is our God. Should you obey his teaching or copy the behaviours of men however sincere?

God has manifested himself to men in many ways throughout scripture-voice, wind, vision, etc. What does that prove to you by human reasoning again?

yes2truth
    Participant

If there is only one God then the Jews and Islamists are saved!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi y2t,
    Why? Because they believe in one God?

Belief in God saves nobody. Even demons believe and they are not saved are they?

Belief itself is only the first step towards salvation

yes2truth
    Participant

Belief is all that is required for salvation provided you show or prove your belief through faith.

So I will rephrase my point: Jews and Islamists who believe and show faith must be saved according to your doctrine of a solitary god.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (yes2truth @ Oct. 26 2005,18:45)
    Belief is all that is required for salvation provided you show or prove your belief through faith.

So I will rephrase my point:  Jews and Islamists who believe and show faith must be saved according to your doctrine of a solitary god.

Hi y2t,

Faith does not prove belief. Faith is belief. but you are right . God does require actions to prove faith.

How does God demand that we show faith? In the same way as the Islamists?

Not if you have eavesdropped on Jesus speaking with Nicodemus, and Peter at Pentecost.

yes2truth
    Participant

Yes faith does prove belief because otherwise it is as you said even the demons believe.

Faith is not belief, but faith in works is an expression of that belief.

Faith is proven by works but works have nothing to do with salvation, for that is a free gift.

Now back to the Jews and because you seem to be slow in learning I'll spell it out for you.

The Jews believe in one god and that god is the devil – Jesus told them so in John 8 and that goes for anyone who believes in a solitary god including you.

Hear O Israel the Lord (Eternal & self existent) our God (Elohim = Plural and that means more than one) is one (united and number one) Lord.

So we have a Godhead that is more than one personage who are united.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (yes2truth @ Oct. 26 2005,20:06)
    Yes faith does prove belief because otherwise it is as you said even the demons believe.

Faith is not belief, but faith in works is an expression of that belief.

Faith is proven by works but works have nothing to do with salvation, for that is a free gift.

Now back to the Jews and because you seem to be slow in learning I'll spell it out for you.

The Jews believe in one god and that god is the devil – Jesus told them so in John 8 and that goes for anyone who believes in a solitary god including you.  

Hear O Israel the Lord (Eternal & self existent) our God (Elohim = Plural and that means more than one) is one (united and number one) Lord.

So we have a Godhead that is more than one personage who are united.

Hi y2t,
    Slow I may be but I do know God is ONE.

beenblake
    Participant

Dear Nick Hassan,

Why did the Pharisees kill Jesus? Because He is a good person?

The Pharisees accused Jesus of blasphemy which means to claim that you are God. They killed Jesus because He claimed to be God.

If He was anything else, the Pharisees would not have killed Him. Rather, they killed Him because people worshipped Him and revered Him as thier God.

John 5:18 (NRSV)
    For this reason the Jews were seeking all the more to kill him, because he was not only breaking the sabbath, but was also calling God his own Father, thereby making himself equal to God

You must understand that Jesus did not come out and say that He was God because if He did, then people would not believe Him by faith. Jesus, as God, wanted people to believe by faith.

If Jesus said, “I am God,” then people could not choose to make Him God. They would be forced to believe. Rather, Jesus wants us to choose Him. He wants us to step out in faith, and say, “Yes Jesus, I want you to be my God. I will worship you. I will pray to you. I will believe you. I will honor you. I will be called Christian, because I belong to you.”

Jesus said Himself that we must only worship God. Why would Jesus let people worship Him and bow down at His feet, if He was not God?

How could Jesus save people?

Only God is good. Even Jesus said this. Only God is good. This is important. Jesus died for our sins. He was perfect. He was good. If Jesus was not good, then He could not have been the sacrificial lamb. We needed a perfect sacrifice and Jesus was it.

If Jesus is perfect and good, then He must be God, for only God is good. However, if Jesus was not, then He could not be the sacrificial lamb. He could not die for your sins. If Jesus could not die for anyone's sins, then how can anyone be saved?

You are right in saying there is one God. Jesus Christ is the one and only God. Why do you think He has worked through angels and people for so long? God is not lazy. He has been hiding. Why? Because He wants us to believe in Him by choice.

We can either accept Jesus or reject Him. We can either choose to believe in Jesus by choice or deny Him. Do you accept Him? Has Jesus saved you?

If not, I plead with you to pray to Jesus, make a confession of your sins, and call out to be saved.

In Christ,
    Blake

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi bb,
    No. The pharisees wanted to kill him because they thought we was claiming to be God or equal to God. You agree with their assumption. However he only claimed to be the Son of God and I agree with him. Why do you not agree with him?
    God did not come in the flesh.That is antichrist. Jesus Christ came in the flesh. God did not die. The Son of God died and his God and our God raised him from the dead.

Anonymous

They thought? Just how low is your i.q.? Nick. But your i.q. is not at issue, it`s your credibility. You lack integrity. How can anyone debate you. Debate is not what you seek.

Anonymous

John 1

1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2He was with God in the beginning.—–What now?Nick. the bible “thought” Jesus was God? Yeah! wait! i know what your going to say! scripture! scripture! But the scriptures prove you wrong! Then you try to weasle out of scripture with your own word! Your not an honest man!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi soxan,
    The Word was God with God. So he was not the God he was with was he?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 100 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account