I need prayer

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 373 total)
  • Author
    Not3in1
    Participant

Irene,
    That is why the word says that you cannot serve both God and money. Money is indeed the root of all kinds of evil. My mom used to always say (speaking of money), “It doesn't matter if you don't have enough of it, or if you have too much of it, it will always be a problem.” She was right.

IM4Truth
    Participant

Chap I appreciate your Prayer, thank you so very much.
    Peace and Love Mrs. :D :D :D

Towshab
    Participant

The love of it, not money itself. If money was evil then why do preachers pass the plate every Sunday? :laugh:

Samuel
    Participant

Thats the first good point that I believe I've seen Towshab make.

He is indeed correct. In fact the passing of that plate and begging of money is the very thing that destroys some churches…money.

Now you should pay tithes and if you have some money that you can give that is always good. But the Love of money is really a bad thing to develop.

Not3in1
    Participant

Yes, good point. The “love” of money is the evil……

kenrch
    Participant

I have heard that Bill Gates sold Microsoft and is giving money to charities. Is this true?

What really counts money can't buy.

IM4Truth
    Participant

Quote (kenrch @ Nov. 20 2007,05:40)
    I have heard that Bill Gates sold Microsoft and is giving money to charities.  Is this true?

What really counts money can't buy.

Ken You are absolutely right, money can't buy what counts. God is given us His Love for the calling. It is free, all we have to do is except it and do what He wants us to do. God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, who so ever believeth, believeth in Him, should not perish, should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Peace and Love Mrs.

P.S. Don't know about Bill Gates! Have not watched the news lately.

Not3in1
    Participant

My husband and I once stayed at a house right next door to Bill Gates. I kept watch for the man, but never saw him. Ah well, so much for sighting the richest man in the world (dollar-wise, anyhow). I figured if he wondered out in the yard we could chat over the fence. Ha!

Samuel
    Participant

I feel that we should all pray for each other. There are some really good people on this site…we should strengthen each other with our prayers when we go to our prayer closet.

IM4Truth
    Participant

Quote (Samuel @ Nov. 20 2007,11:03)
    I feel that we should all pray for each other.  There are some really good people on this site…we should strengthen each other with our prayers when we go to our prayer closet.

Samuel You are right we should pray for each other and I already have prayed for certain people. It is good to let each others know. Maybe we should just put the Website on our prayerlist. That I will do. It's a great Idea.
    Peace and Love Mrs.
    :D :D

acertainchap
    Participant

That is a good idea, too. :)

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Nov. 20 2007,07:10)
    My husband and I once stayed at a house right next door to Bill Gates. I kept watch for the man, but never saw him. Ah well, so much for sighting the richest man in the world (dollar-wise, anyhow). I figured if he wondered out in the yard we could chat over the fence. Ha!

:laugh: So you wanted to have a chat with the richest man on earth. Perhaps get him saved! Gee I wonder what that would be worth to him. :laugh: :laugh:

I did hear that he became a “Christian” and now is giving his money to different charities. I say GOOD for Him! Whoever puts their trust in money will never know real happiness just look at “most” of the movie stars. Is happiness at the end of a buck? I have never known happiness until I met Jesus! And I'm supposed to give this up because a man says Jesus is not the Messiah. Perhaps go back to slaughtering innocent animals? NEVER! I don't shed blood, period! God took no pleasure in sacrifices.

Isa 1:11 To what purpose is the multitude of your sacrifices unto me? saith the LORD: I am full of the burnt offerings of rams, and the fat of fed beasts; and I delight not in the blood of bullocks, or of lambs, or of he goats.

Not3in1
    Participant

Ken,
    Love your Avatar!

Actually Gates has always had committees that are set-up for the sole purpose of giving money away! They have done some wonderful things for this earth and it's people. I would imagine their reward will be great. And yes, they are Christians from what I know.

I figured if he walked out into the yard while I was peering over his fence, I could take the opportunity to ask him for a loan! :laugh:

IM4Truth
    Participant

Mandy Wow you live were Bill Gates lives? Have a nice Thanksgiving.

Peace and Love Irene :D :D :D

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (IM4Truth @ Nov. 22 2007,10:49)
    Mandy  Wow you live were Bill Gates lives? Have a nice Thanksgiving.

Peace and Love Irene :D :D :D

We were invited to some friends house that lives next door to Bill. Bill is hardly ever home. The house is grand, but not what you would expect for the richest man in the world. For them, it is modest. That is definitely in keeping with their generous spirits.

We live about an hour away from them.

kenrch
    Participant

The point > Seems Bill has found that money can't buy happiness<

Some would think the bigger the house the happier you will be :laugh:

What's sad is that some go to their grave searching, always learning but never coming to the knowledge of the truth. :(

Not3in1
    Participant

I could use some prayer tonight.

I've been struggling in my spirit over who Jesus is. It seems that I have known Jesus ever since I was a child. But because I was raised Trinitarian, Jesus always meant “God” to me. Since I began my study of the Trinity a few years ago, I have come to learn that the Trinity is not true. So, now “God” to me is only the Father, a singular Almighty. That leaves Jesus as the Son of the Almighty, the Messiah, our Savior. BUT NOW……as I have been studying all the presented evidence that Jesus does not qualify as the Messiah that was predicted, I see that this is true – many things do not add up. I also see Christians responding to this evidence by not really taking it seriously. Or folks respond with ideas of not looking back, not questioning, or that the NT is true by means of various interpretations of the OT (which is supposed to be the base of the NT). This gets confusing to me.

I've asked why things are not more clear, but even the various answers to that question are not clear. I don't want to through the baby out with the bath water, because Jesus is the One who has brought me to the knowledge of the Almighty. Even if Jesus was just a good teacher – I learned about God through him. So, even if he is not the predicted Messiah of the world, he still brought me to God.

Anyway, it's hard for me to get the facts straight when it's laced with all of our bickering. I've become really frustrated tonight and just spiritually exhausted. My husband noticed something different about me tonight and wanted to know how my “search” was going. I told him I was close to the end of it. He was happy and said, “Oh! So you have found the answers then?” and I just cried…… I cried because I have not found the answers, but I am tired of searching. I wonder if God would be angry with me if I just fell back on what I knew to be true? Would he be angry with me for not continuing my search? Would he think less of me, that I wasn't strong enought to press through and discover some other hidden truth? I just don't think I'm strong enough anymore. I'm afraid if I continue on the questioning path, nothing will matter anymore. Because everything can be questioned.

Please pray for me. I don't even know what to ask for. Just pray. I thank you for your support and prayers to God on my behalf. I really thank you all.

Love,
    Mandy

Mandy be assured that Jesus is alive in you and all of us. He is our Mediator. We speak to our Heavenly Father through Him. There is no other way. He has made His abode with us it says in John. Reading the Gospels would help. I don't know what you have been studying that has confused you so much, but if you let us know, maybe we can help you see it in a different light. I have been praying for you and will continue doing so. Trials are never easy, but the award afterwards is worth it. So Mandy God Loves You and so do I. Bless you and have a good night.

Peace and Love Irene

Towshab
    Participant

Mandy,

I do not think G-d is angered as easily as some would have you believe. I don't mean this as an insult, but I do see it as a result of Christian thought. Christianity, sadly, is a faith riddled with guilt. On one hand, some will say G-d is merciful but one the other, Christians are often thumping each other over the head with their leatherbound KJV. The Christians I knew, myself included when I was one, were not a happy lot, because we often heard how if we did not do this or that, we were backslidden.

Could you imagine being part of one of those Christian denominations that felt you could lose your salvation? When would you lose it? At what level of sin would you need to be at to return to the status of heathen? Would watching a rated R movie suffice? Listening to a dirty joke?

Your best bet right now would be to just spend time with family and friends and enjoy them. Rest, do something that puts you in touch with nature. After all, G-d created all of it, so you are really closest to Him when you're close to His work! That includes people too, because even as nasty as some of us can get, we're part of that awesome creation as well. Enjoy that one thing you KNOW G-d has His hand in.

TimothyVI
    Participant

Dear God, creator of the universe and all that is in it.
    I pray that you will sooth the spirit of your child Mandy.
    Help her to understand that it is the journey that is exciting,
    not just reaching the destination.
    I pray that You let her know that it is acceptable to search,
    that in fact it is preferable that she search.
    Let her enjoy the search.

I believe that you have permitted the confusion so that the
    search will be unending until the time that we are with
    you face to face. I believe that You will then show us
    everything that we wanted to learn. I also believe that until
    then You provided this wonderful puzzle for us to contemplate.

God, I pray for Mandy in the name of your son Jesus, if that is what
    you want and expect of me.

Tim

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 373 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account