How is Jesus not God?

Viewing 20 posts - 641 through 660 (of 673 total)
  • Author
    gsilva72
    Participant

Hi Samuel,

Thanks for your honest response. I agree that Baptism in the name of Jesus is the correct way to be Baptized. Acts 10:38 says “And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarry certain days.” Well what is the name of the Lord. Saul asked , Who are you Lord? The reply he got was  “Jesus” As for those who didn't get a chance to get Baptized, I can't say for sure. For one, I'm not the judge. Second, only God knows their heart. Maybe Jesus's Baptism takes care of that. I don't know for sure, that is just a thought. All I know is that when I heard that you must be Baptized in the name of Jesus I responded out of faith, and that faith led me to get Baptized in the name of Jesus. We must also remember that it is Faith that pleases God. We get Baptized out of faith. He that believeth and is Baptized shall be saved, but he that believeth not shall be damned. Notice where the scripture stops. It stops with not believing.

The Bible says “Now the Lord is that Spirit, and where the spirit of the Lord is there is liberty.” The Bible also says, God is a Spirit. Also, we can't have 2 Lords. The Father is called Lord and Jesus is called Lord. But the Bible says there is only one Lord. This is where I am in my faith in the Lord right now and I believe in oneness because this is where the Lord led me to. I use to be a Catholic, for 22 years and I felt something wasn't right, especially with the Trinity and praying to Mary. I hated praying the rosary. I prayed for several years before coming into the oneness belief. Yes, I agree, we have some self-righteous pharasees in the oneness church at times, and don't worry, God will deal with them. Right now where I struggle in the oneness belief is where we say that the Father, Son, and Holy Ghost are just titles or roles or offices in relation to man. The problem is that roles, titles and offices don't have relationships with themselves. The Father and the Son had a true relation with each other. I hold many posistions but I have a relationship not with myself but other people in those posistions. Yes, things such as when Jesus said no man knows the time of the coming of the son of man, not even the son of man himself( paraphrasing) Also, the demons never referred to him as the Father or eternal spirit, but as the Son of God just as Peter declared.

I know that the Holy Spirit is the Spirit of our eternal Father. Where I get lost also is the Spirit is also referred to as Christ ( the Spirit of Christ) If we are suppose to receive Christ, how can we receive Christ if the Holy Spirit is a seperate spirit other than Christ. All I know is that Jesus said, I am the way, and the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto Father but by me. I believe we are only gonna see Jesus when we get to heaven because he is the image of the invisible God….  In the name of Jesus Bro GS
    :)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GS,
    As branches we live in submission to the vine, the appointed Lord of all -Lord Jesus- who serves the Gardener, His Lord God.

Jn20
    17Jesus saith unto her, Touch me not; for I am not yet ascended to my Father: but go to my brethren, and say unto them, I ascend unto my Father, and your Father; and to my God, and your God.

gsilva72
    Participant

Hi Nh,

Quote” As branches we live in submission to the vine, the appointed Lord of all -Lord Jesus- who serves the Gardener, His Lord God.”

How many Lord's are there. The word says one Lord….  

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi gs,
    Who is your appointed Lord is your are among US?

1Cor8
    6But to US there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

Don's confuse your self with words.

gsilva72
    Participant

Hi Nh,

Quote ” Who is your appointed Lord is your are among US?

Jesus is Lord. Sorry I didn't understand the second half of your response.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi gs,
    Jesus is your appointed Lord and the Father is your God.

gollamudi
    Participant

Hi brother Gsilva,
    Please see my post on the difference between “LORD” and “Lord” in the thread, preexistence there is a difference in English translations from Hebrew and Greek. God is always referred as LORD whose original in Hebrew is Adonai and Lord is referred to Jesus the Christ of the God whose orginal in Hebrew is Adon or Adoni. Lord is given to human authorities generally. Jesus is the Human Messiah appointed as Lord by LORD God. For us there can be only one LORD God and one Lord Jesus (1 Cor 8:6). Please see 1 Tim 2:5, there can never be more than one God or LORD. But there can be many men which includes Jesus who is the man mediator even after his glorification and exalted position to sit at Father's right side.

Thanks and blessings
    Adam

gsilva72
    Participant

Hi Nick,

Quote” Jesus is your appointed Lord and the Father is your God.”

So the Father is not my Lord either? Didn't my heavenly Father create me? Show me how I am getting confused with words? I know that the word says there is only one Lord. It sounds like you are presenting to me 2 Lords. I'm just trying to understand your point of view. By the way, who are you worshiping if you are saying “Blessed be the name of the Lord” I am praising Jesus when I say that. The word does say, By him therfore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually. That is the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name. :;):

gsilva72
    Participant

Hi Adam,

Sorry I didn't see your post before I responded to Nick. I will read through that thread again. Thx Bro.  :)

gollamudi
    Participant

Hi brother George,
    Here are two links for that if you want you can see that.

http://www.mindspring.com/~anthonybuzzard/adonai.htm

http://adonimessiah.blogspot.com/2006/08/lord-lord-lord.html

Thanks and blessings
    Adam

Samuel
    Participant

I think where people get confused is when they try to go back to the old testament and tie the old “Law” in with the new “Law”.

Most of the things that the Old testament were leading up to what was going to take place in the new testament. GOD had a plan all along.

As far as the spirit goes. I Know that there is the Holy Spirit (I.E. the Holy Ghost…or the “Comfoter”)
    Then there is GOD the Father that exists in Spirit.
    Then we have Jesus that has a spirit too. We know that he has been Glorified and thus he probably has the ability to appear either in spirit or Flesh…In the bible it says that he just all the sudden “Appeared” or “Vanished” I believe. It is to my belief that he was manifesting himself back and forth from spirit to flesh.

Nonetheless the point that I am trying to make is that We also have a spirit…a soul if you will.

And, another point that I am trying to make is that we can not expect to understand all the things of GOD fully…at least not at this time. For one we can't even see GOD at this time…little long understand him.

So…Having said all of this. I think it is a very mute point to try and “map-out” GOD so to speak. That was not his commandments to us.

Its very simple really…I know that I have a lot of room to talk. Because I am as well guilty of doing things that I should not. And, saying things that I should. I'm far from being perfect myself.

Anyway, sometimes the oneness people make me a little uncomfortable. At times they even sound to me like they might be a little bit prideful really.

Not to say that I have never been prideful myself or that I'm not even now. Of course I try not to be.

It's just that I have seen them be really hard on people that come to the church sometimes with their beliefs and run a few people off. Even a few people that I have invited and brought to the church.

In truth, we must be humble and have a meekness of spirit….that I still strugle with myself. But I think that we could all do a lot better job of it.
    I know that I surely could.

May the peace of GOD be with you all.

And…GODBLESS!

gollamudi
    Participant

Hi brother Samuel,
    Do you believe Trinity ?
    Sorry for this personal question.

Peace to you
    Adam

Samuel
    Participant

Not in the sense that most Trinity people believe.

Thats a catholic, made doctrine.
    They are the ones that came up with it, along with all the other things that they fashioned for Christianity, that are not correct either.

Which makes their validity a little questionable…actually a lot questionable.

They still live under the old Law so to speak…they think you have to have a Pope or a “High Priest” to go to GOD.

Jesus is the High Priest…he is the representative of GOD.
    If it were not for Jesus then yes, we would have to have a “High Priest”
    But we have Jesus, so we don't need one. We go to Straight to GOD in the Name of Jesus Christ.

So they are wrong that.

I'll state again as I have before. I do not fully understand the GODHEAD at this time.

I just know that if I call on Jesus all things are Possible. And, any thing that I ask in his Name will be given. That because of him we have a direct relationship with GOD.
    He paid the price that we should have paid. He paid off our credit card so to speak.

I GOD and Jesus are referred to being as one…not actually being one. They are also referred to in the plural sense as being more than one.

Rather GOD was referring to himself as two…in the plural sense I do not rightly know…I do not understand the mind of GOD…thats way out of my league.

I just know that he wants to have a relationship with us…for us to love him as he loves us, thus in turn us loving others as he has loved us.
    And Jesus is the way for all of this to happen.

Its kinda of like when you get an Op Order in the military…You don't question who made it or why it was made, who brought it to you, what color paper its on…you just carry it out. (I'm in the military so thats why this makes sense to me…mabye not as much to others).

So…I guess that I have not answered your question very good. I would rather play it safe to be honest.
    Than to be wrong and teach someone something that is wrong…when I truly do not understand it myself.

Jesus is your best bet. Thats the best advice I can give you at this time. Anything you ask, or pray …do it in the name of JESUS…You'll get better results.

Do this for me next time you pray. Just say the Name of Jesus over and over again. And, let me know how you feel. In fact Shout it…in desperation.

gsilva72
    Participant

Hi Samuel,

I know that some oneness people are prideful and self-righteous. I sense that Spirit in the Church. We must pray for them. Not that I've never become prideful either, because I have at times. But the Lord always humbles me! I thank God for that. I always pray that I may be humble and not prideful. But just because I'm far from perfect, I will continue to strive for his righteouness, not mine. I will fight the good fight. I will finish my course. And in the name of Jesus, I will keep the faith! I always remember that it is God who works in me, both to will and to do of his good pleasure. Also remember ” …it does not yet appear what we shall be. but we know that when he shall appear, we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is.” I get excited about this!

Your right as far as understanding God. Deuteronomy 29:29 says”The secret things belong unto the LORD our God: but those things which are revealed belong unto us and to our children for ever,…” I may not understand totally now, but I pray that he will help me understand the Godhead. The word says, “If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.”

Quote ” Not in the sense that most Trinity people believe.”

So what kind of trinity do you believe in?

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (gsilva72 @ Aug. 09 2008,12:58)
    Hi Nick,

Quote” Jesus is your appointed Lord and the Father is your God.”

So the Father is not my Lord either? Didn't my heavenly Father create me? Show me how I am getting confused with words? I know that the word says there is only one Lord. It sounds like you are presenting to me 2 Lords. I'm just trying to understand your point of view. By the way, who are you worshiping if you are saying “Blessed be the name of the Lord” I am praising Jesus when I say that. The word does say, By him therfore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually. That is the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name. :;):

Hi gs,

God is not a God of confusion.
    Your God has appointed Jesus as your Lord.
    That is all you need to know as he is your mediator with God

He told us true worshipers worship the Father.[Jn4]

Samuel
    Participant

Well,

Oneness people mock the people that believe Trinity…they say “I'm glad I don't believe in three GODS” or “Those people believe in three GODS”

No I don't.

I believe that there is only one “GOD” the Father.
    There is only one Lord…Jesus Christ Our Saviour.
    Only one Comforter…The Holy Ghost

Now if all of those are the same GOD as the oneness believe then I trust that GOD will show me flat out that that is indeed so.

But, at this point I'm not willing to believe a lie. I want to know the facts now. The bonified truth…no ifs, ands, or buts about it. I will pray to GOD and trust in the Blood of Jesus Christ that has paid for our sins.

Yes, I go to a oneness church…I've been baptized in Jesus Name, and Have received the gift of the Holy Ghost.
    I feel that I'm not going to believe some doctrines so quickly.

Imagine if you found out that your oneness belief was wrong…(I'm not saying that it is…but what if you found out that it was?) How quick would you be to believe someone elses teachings without first researching and studying and praying and without knowing for sure that it is right?

Furthermore, I know a lot of people that Have the Holy Ghost and Have been baptized and love GOD and live for GOD and do all that can to stand and love him…that don't go to oneness churches.

GOD knows those that know Him. He looks after his children.

People in religion should not be so prideful, and think they are the only ones going to heaven because they were blue shirts instead of brown ones. Or whatever…

GOD is in control of this…not us.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Samuel,
    The Spirit proceeds from God.

John 15:26
    But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

The Son has proceeded.

John 8:42
    Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.

gollamudi
    Participant

Hi brothers Samuel, George and Nick,
    I appreciate all your concern in understanding the God of the Bible. Please bepatient, every one of us has some piece of truth with him but if all of us come together with patience and in love to share their piece of truth without hesitation I think we can put the all such pieces together and get the big picture of Truth of the Bible IMO.

I am thankful to all of you for cooperation in this honest endeavour.
    peace to you
    Adam

Samuel
    Participant

AMEN! Gollamudi

John 8:42
    Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.

I could not help but notice that in this scripture, it seems to me that Jesus was trying to tell the Pharisees that he was not come of himself. But that he was sent. So this yet again points out that GOD is in direct Authority of Jesus…as well?

Then later on in this chapter its talking about There being two witnesses. Well if Jesus is GOD there is only one witness right…which would have made Jesus to be Lying…which we know that also in this same scripture/ chapter…that he is not lying…he is indeed telling them the truth…and that the Father would back him up on it.

So just had to point that out.

gollamudi
    Participant

Amen! brother Samuel,
    I agree with you that there are two witnesses not three and God is the source of all authority and power of Jesus our Lord.

Thanks and blessings
    Adam

Viewing 20 posts - 641 through 660 (of 673 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account