How god speaks to us today

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 39 total)
  • Author
    Lightenup
    Participant

I've been thinking about this verse lately:

Heb 1:1-2
    God's Final Word in His Son 1 God, after He spoke long ago to the fathers in the prophets in many portions and in many ways,
    2 in these last days has spoken to us in His Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the world.
    NASU

Acts 2:17-18
    17 'AND IT SHALL BE IN THE LAST DAYS,' God says, 'THAT I WILL POUR FORTH OF MY SPIRIT ON ALL MANKIND; AND YOUR SONS AND YOUR DAUGHTERS SHALL PROPHESY, AND YOUR YOUNG MEN SHALL SEE VISIONS, AND YOUR OLD MEN SHALL DREAM DREAMS;
    18 EVEN ON MY BONDSLAVES, BOTH MEN AND WOMEN, I WILL IN THOSE DAYS POUR FORTH OF MY SPIRIT And they shall prophesy.
    NASU

Gal 4:6
    6 Because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into our hearts, crying, “Abba! Father!”
    NASU

So, now days, God speaks to us “in His Son”, not Mohammed. And what exactly does that mean? In the Gal 4:6 verse, we have the spirit of God's Son in our hearts which calls God our “Abba! Father!” Note that the sprit of God's Son does not call God “Allah, guardian” for instance.

Just thinking about this…what do other's think?
    Kathi

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Nov. 09 2009,15:31)

God's Final Word in His Son 1 God, after He spoke long ago to the fathers in the prophets in many portions and in many ways,
    2 in these last days has spoken to us in His Son, whom He appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the world.
    NASU

17 'AND IT SHALL BE IN THE LAST DAYS,' God says, 'THAT I WILL POUR FORTH OF MY SPIRIT ON ALL MANKIND; AND YOUR SONS AND YOUR DAUGHTERS SHALL PROPHESY, AND YOUR YOUNG MEN SHALL SEE VISIONS, AND YOUR OLD MEN SHALL DREAM DREAMS;
    18 EVEN ON MY BONDSLAVES, BOTH MEN AND WOMEN, I WILL IN THOSE DAYS POUR FORTH OF MY SPIRIT And they shall prophesy.
    NASU

6 Because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into our hearts, crying, “Abba! Father!”
    NASU

So, now days, God speaks to us “in His Son”, not Mohammed.  And what exactly does that mean?  In the Gal 4:6 verse, we have the spirit of God's Son in our hearts which calls God our “Abba! Father!”  Note that the sprit of God's Son does not call God “Allah, guardian” for instance.

Kathi

(12) Say, the Holy spirit has brought the revelation from thy Lord in Truth, in order to strengthen those who believe, and as a Guide and Glad Tidings to Muslims.
    ( سورة النحل , An-Nahl, Chapter #16, Verse #102)

(14) They ask thee concerning the spirit (of inspiration). Say: “The spirit (cometh) by command of my Lord: of knowledge it is only a little that is communicated to you, (O men!)”
    ( سورة الإسراء , Al-Isra, Chapter #17, Verse #85)

(24) Thou wilt not find any people who believe in Allah and the Last Day, loving those who resist Allah and His Messenger, even though they were their fathers or their sons, or their brothers, or their kindred. For such He has written Faith in their hearts, and strengthened them with a spirit from Himself. And He will admit them to Gardens beneath which Rivers flow, to dwell therein (for ever). Allah will be well pleased with them, and they with Him. They are the Party of Allah. Truly it is the Party of Allah that will achieve Felicity.
    ( سورة المجادلة , Al-Mujadila, Chapter #58, Verse #22)

(27) The angels and the spirit ascend unto him in a Day the measure whereof is (as) fifty thousand years:
    ( سورة المعارج , Al-Maarij, Chapter #70, Verse #4)

(30) The Day that the spirit and the angels will stand forth in ranks, none shall speak except any who is permitted by ((Allah)) Most Gracious, and He will say what is right.
    ( سورة النبأ , An-Naba, Chapter #78, Verse #38)

(34) Therein come down the angels and the spirit by Allah.s permission, on every errand:
    ( سورة القدر , Al-Qadr, Chapter #97, Verse #4)

(2) Raised high above ranks (or degrees), (He is) the Lord of the Throne (of Authority): by His Command doth He send the spirit (of inspiration) to any of His servants he pleases, that it may warn (men) of the Day of Mutual Meeting,-
    ( سورة غافر , Ghafir, Chapter #40, Verse #15)

So how is it you do not believe what Jesus taught? He said:

And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
    John 14:15-17

But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
    John 14:25-27

But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:
    John 15:25-27

Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.
    John 16:6-8

Do you understand?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    Desperate pleas for acceptance of islamic folly.

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Nov. 09 2009,00:53)

NASU

NASU

NASU

So, now days, God speaks to us “in His Son”, not Mohammed.  And what exactly does that mean?  In the Gal 4:6 verse, we have the spirit of God's Son in our hearts which calls God our “Abba! Father!”  Note that the sprit of God's Son does not call God “Allah, guardian” for instance.

Kathi

(12) Say, the Holy spirit has brought the revelation from thy Lord in Truth, in order to strengthen those who believe, and as a Guide and Glad Tidings to Muslims.  
    (  سورة النحل  , An-Nahl, Chapter #16, Verse #102)

(14) They ask thee concerning the spirit (of inspiration). Say: “The spirit (cometh) by command of my Lord: of knowledge it is only a little that is communicated to you, (O men!)”  
    (  سورة الإسراء  , Al-Isra, Chapter #17, Verse #85)

(24) Thou wilt not find any people who believe in Allah and the Last Day, loving those who resist Allah and His Messenger, even though they were their fathers or their sons, or their brothers, or their kindred. For such He has written Faith in their hearts, and strengthened them with a spirit from Himself. And He will admit them to Gardens beneath which Rivers flow, to dwell therein (for ever). Allah will be well pleased with them, and they with Him. They are the Party of Allah. Truly it is the Party of Allah that will achieve Felicity.  
    (  سورة المجادلة  , Al-Mujadila, Chapter #58, Verse #22)

(27) The angels and the spirit ascend unto him in a Day the measure whereof is (as) fifty thousand years:  
    (  سورة المعارج  , Al-Maarij, Chapter #70, Verse #4)

(30) The Day that the spirit and the angels will stand forth in ranks, none shall speak except any who is permitted by ((Allah)) Most Gracious, and He will say what is right.  
    (  سورة النبأ  , An-Naba, Chapter #78, Verse #38)

(34) Therein come down the angels and the spirit by Allah.s permission, on every errand:  
    (  سورة القدر  , Al-Qadr, Chapter #97, Verse #4)

(2) Raised high above ranks (or degrees), (He is) the Lord of the Throne (of Authority): by His Command doth He send the spirit (of inspiration) to any of His servants he pleases, that it may warn (men) of the Day of Mutual Meeting,-  
    (  سورة غافر  , Ghafir, Chapter #40, Verse #15)

And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

But when the Comforter is come, whom I will send unto you from the Father, even the Spirit of truth, which proceedeth from the Father, he shall testify of me:

Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

Do you understand?

I do believe what Jesus taught. He never called God His “guardian” but He called Him His Father over and over. Foster children have “guardians” but biological and adopted children have “Fathers.”

Kathi

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Nov. 09 2009,17:23)

Quote (bodhitharta @ Nov. 09 2009,00:53)

NASU

NASU

NASU

Kathi

(  سورة النحل  , An-Nahl, Chapter #16, Verse #102)

(  سورة الإسراء  , Al-Isra, Chapter #17, Verse #85)

(  سورة المجادلة  , Al-Mujadila, Chapter #58, Verse #22)

(  سورة المعارج  , Al-Maarij, Chapter #70, Verse #4)

(  سورة النبأ  , An-Naba, Chapter #78, Verse #38)

(  سورة القدر  , Al-Qadr, Chapter #97, Verse #4)

(  سورة غافر  , Ghafir, Chapter #40, Verse #15)

Do you understand?

I do believe what Jesus taught.  He never called God His “guardian” but He called Him His Father over and over. Foster children have “guardians” but biological and adopted children have “Fathers.”  

Kathi

LU,

Is God a Man or a Male? He made male and female in His image so obviously He is neither, God beyond gender

When Jesus spoke of God being a Father it is in the sense of being close to the creator and forming a Bond wherein a person approaches themselves instead of needing a priest.

bodhitharta
    Participant

“you are determined to kill me, a man who has told you the truth that I heard from God.” (John 8:40).

Lightenup
    Participant

Bo,
    Isn't the question whether or not God could produce an offspring with His nature? Or not? I sure could not say with any confidence that He couldn't after all He is God and look around…isn't the creation beyond understanding? If He could create the universe couldn't He produce an offspring with His nature?

God speaks to me through FaceBook.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Nov. 09 2009,18:17)
    Bo,
    Isn't the question whether or not God could produce an offspring with His nature? Or not?  I sure could not say with any confidence that He couldn't after all He is God and look around…isn't the creation beyond understanding?  If He could create the universe couldn't He produce an offspring with His nature?

That is not the question to me because He owns everything and formed everything it really doesn't matter how.

As we know God does not change and if you read the OT you will find most addressing God as God and not “Father” The Quran restores the original addressing of God as you can see as with priests today it is no problem to be called “Father” and have people confess their sins to you but who dares to call themselves “God”

You must understand that we are really talking about The Most High and humans have a tendency to exclude others when they start claiming God is “their” Father but who denies that GOD is GOD and CREATOR of ALL FLESH and SPIRIT?

kerwin
    Participant

Lightenup wrote:

So, now days, God speaks to us “in His Son”, not Mohammed. And what exactly does that mean? In the Gal 4:6 verse, we have the spirit of God's Son in our hearts which calls God our “Abba! Father!” Note that the sprit of God's Son does not call God “Allah, guardian” for instance.

How did God speak to us before?

When was before?

terraricca
    Participant

hi to all
    it is thrue God speaks to us ,well in a way yes in a way no, in a way yes he does, providing we have knowledge of him that we accepte is will,that we search for him with all are heart this means apply has you learn,in this way the word is word are inside of your heart ,so now you have created the link were God and Christ connects,now God can give you is understanding of is spirit.also Christ said were 2 or 3 gather in my name WE be there.
    this exlude any other pretender .
    In a way no,if your heart is wicket,full of ego, it is imposible for God to reach you ,so you become your on enemy and can not blame God for wath ever jugement come upon you,and yet before you reach the full coruption of your soul God has made you aware in your heart of your sins,Just like he did with Cain before he killed is brother.

Has for the statement that God created man and women to is image,rong he created ADAM to is own likeness he created the women of man,but this need a little understanding, GOD CANNOT LIE.

Quote (Lightenup @ Nov. 08 2009,20:31)

NASU

NASU

NASU

Kathi

I think it was a nice thread the way it started out, then what appeared as an alterier motive seem to creep in. The “Allah” and the “Mohammed” statement. Which seemed to change the direction into a “let's bash Muslim's”.

I think I will sit this thread out. I hope you do not represent all Christian love.

bodhitharta,

I apologize for the behavior of some in here, not all of us resort to bashing.

John 10:16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, [and] one shepherd.

John 11:52 And not for that nation only, but that also he should gather together in one the children of God that were scattered abroad.

Psalm 72:17 His name shall endure for ever: his name shall be continued as long as the sun: and [men] shall be blessed in him: all nations shall call him blessed.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CON,
    Should we be nice and agree that God speaks through a new prophet called Muhammed for the sake of being nice?

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Nov. 09 2009,22:56)
    Hi CON,
    Should we be nice and agree that God speaks through a new prophet called Muhammed for the sake of being nice?

John 10:16 And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, [and] one shepherd.

Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves“. Matt 7:15

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Constitutionalist @ Nov. 10 2009,18:23)

Hi CON,

Hi CON,
    The other sheep are found in the judgement, much to their surprise, by their mercy to the brothers.[Mt25]

Blessed are the merciful…

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Nov. 10 2009,18:27)
    Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves“. Matt 7:15

Hi WJ,

Did you read my response to you on the John 1:1 thread?

Ed J

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (Constitutionalist @ Nov. 10 2009,01:11)

Quote (Lightenup @ Nov. 08 2009,20:31)

NASU

NASU

NASU

Kathi

I think it was a nice thread the way it started out, then what appeared as an alterier motive seem to creep in. The “Allah” and the “Mohammed” statement. Which seemed to change the direction into a “let's bash Muslim's”.

I think I will sit this thread out. I hope you do not represent all Christian love.

Con,
    No bashing here, just making a distinction. It appears that you do not think that is important…I do. I want the muslims to know the Father. God is a source and a guardian to all but a Father only to those who embrace His Son as Lord of their lives. The Son is the only way to the Father, maybe you do not know that. Love shows the Muslim that they can have God as their Father, not just a guardian.

Muslims are coming to Christ more and more and that is because of love, Con.

georg
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Nov. 10 2009,18:35)

Quote (Constitutionalist @ Nov. 10 2009,18:23)

Hi CON,

Hi CON,
    The other sheep are found in the judgement, much to their surprise, by their mercy to the brothers.[Mt25]

Blessed are the merciful…

To ?

The other sheep, Gentiles, were brought in when the 70 weeks were up, read the entire chapter 10 of Acts.

Georg

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 39 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account