How do we gain the holy spirit?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 102 total)
  • Author
    karmarie
    Participant

Hi

IMO God calls you, no-one can come to the son unless God draws them,  There are many meetings and church services where people are called up in groups they go to the front to give their hearts to the Lord, or told to say a prayer to ask Jesus in, but IMO being called by God and not MAN is slightly different, the person not nessesarily looking or asking for that, (eg Paul) it is like a tap on the shoulder or should I say a shaking!  , it can involve disciplining and instruction, it is a learning process. It creates thinking and searching .Though asking Jesus into your heart is beneficial and a good thing, a wonderfull thing, its only by listening and obeying what God is personally asking you which brings the Holy Spirit as a teacher and guide for you. When it is sent, and in Gods good time, maybe many years later. But it happens at a time when least expected, !!

Blessings

Anonymous
    Inactive

yes, Thinker, we are in the last days, and you are right people have been saying for along time the world is going to end,BUT all prophesy of the bible has to be fulfilled first and than the end will come.(And the gospel preached to every nation.)Look all around us! But you dont know what your missing by not having the Holy Spirit. THe Holy Spirit is what guides us shows us the truth, teaches us right from wrong. Its such a warm peaceful, and comfort feeling. YOU KNOW HE IS THERE. Its something you have to feel on your own. Have you asked Jesus to be your Savioiur?

Anonymous
    Inactive

I am really curious if anyone here goes to church? The attitude of so many, We are suppose to act and walk like Christ. If you have the Holy Spirit HE IS IN YOU. He will guide and direct you.

theodorej
    Participant

Quote (karmarie @ Sep. 04 2009,11:52)
    Hi

IMO God calls you, no-one can come to the son unless God draws them,  There are many meetings and church services where people are called up in groups they go to the front to give their hearts to the Lord, or told to say a prayer to ask Jesus in, but IMO being called by God and not MAN is slightly different, the person not nessesarily looking or asking for that, (eg Paul) it is like a tap on the shoulder or should I say a shaking!  , it can involve disciplining and instruction, it is a learning process. It creates thinking and searching .Though asking Jesus into your heart is beneficial and a good thing, a wonderfull thing, its only by listening and obeying what God is personally asking you which brings the Holy Spirit as a teacher and guide for you. When it is sent, and in Gods good time, maybe many years later. But it happens at a time when least expected, !!

Blessings

Amen K..!! You are absolutely correct….God does the calling….These alter calls are nothing more than symbolism and most people that partake of them have no idea who they are addressing….Jesus taught us to pray and the correct way to come before the eternal with our requests….it is in Jesus' name that we are able to come before the father and humbly seek forgiveness for our sins…..A contrite heart in conjunction with a water baptism and the laying on of hands completes our petition for the impregnating of the spirit which opens our minds and makes us more receptive to Gods will….This is a gift from God….If he chooses to call and we elect to follow…

theodorej
    Participant

Quote (katjo @ Sep. 08 2009,01:05)
    I am really curious if anyone here goes to church? The attitude of so many, We are suppose to act and walk like Christ. If you have the Holy Spirit HE IS IN YOU. He will guide and direct you.

Greeting Katjo…..A curious question indeed….Church…The Church….We are told that Gods Church bares his name…The church of God…The called out ones(the eccleasti)constitute the true church and fellowship with like minded individuals that keep the sabbath and holy days is what is required for those God has called….I don.t see any buildings or some preacher spewing platitudes in my church…I can find myself in church while in the company of like minded believers on the sabbath….we could be at a camp site or a hotel….It becomes a holy convocation when we petition the eternal in prayer for teaching and guidance in his word…To answer your question I do not attend any conventional churches….

Anonymous
    Inactive

YOU WOULD REALLY BE SUPRISED, (HAVING A ORDAINED PREACHER) WOULD HELP YOU LEARN MORE.

Cindy
    Participant

Quote (theodorej @ Sep. 08 2009,02:20)

Greeting Katjo…..A curious question indeed….Church…The Church….We are told that Gods Church bares his name…The church of God…The called out ones(the eccleasti)constitute the true church and fellowship with like minded individuals that keep the sabbath and holy days is what is required for those God has called….I don.t see any buildings or some preacher spewing platitudes in my church…I can find myself in church while in the company of like minded believers on the sabbath….we could be at a camp site or a hotel….It becomes a holy convocation when we petition the eternal in prayer for teaching and guidance in his word…To answer your question I do not attend any conventional churches….

You are keeping the Sabbath.  Do you also keep God's Holy Days?  Yes you do.. When under Mr. Armstrong the W.W. Church of God all kept the Holy Days that are listed in Lev. 23.  We joined there after leaving the Catholic Church.  However after Mr. Armstrong died a new Ambassador took over and all went back to believing in the trinity and other doctrine that are false as far as my Husband and I believe.  Will you reveal to us what Church you go to?  Keeping God's Holy Days are good.  However in the mean time God has revealed other truths to us.  Like what Covenant we are under and what Salvation comes under grace and is a free gift from God by Faith.
    Luke 22:20 The New Covenant.
    Ephesians 2:8-9
    Also that Jesus preexisted before the World was.
    Col. 1:15-17
    Rev. 3:14
    and by Jesus own words
    John 17:5
    Irene

Anonymous
    Inactive

Hello Cindy and (G) I go to a Baptist church. I dont know if you read my post before but im the one who said we have a pastor who has his Dr.s degree in religion. (8 years)Sure I read my bible every day and little Devotional books too, but I feel when I go to church I go to worship God with my church family, WE go to sunday morning and evening service We have dinners together, free yard sales for the needy, A free food pantry for the ones in need once a month. sunday morning and evening,we have a sermon, We sing together, pray together(if someone needs prayer for problems,health etc..) and I look forward to that. The church is just filled with the holy spirit, But when you have a ordained preacher, who knows his Hebrew, Greek and can get into more detail of a scripture,It helps so much. we also have bible study on Wednesday night,thats real interesting, because he will get into more detail of scripture or something you might not understand you can ask questions about. we love our preacher, He is very gifted. And yes, we do believe in the trinity,and I dont know of a church that doesnt teach it.its even preached on t,v, and radio .I truthfully thought the only ones who never taught it was cults.I know you said you used to be catholic(do they not study the bible with you?)We follow along with our preacher,as he reads scripture and talks about it.Even tho we believe in the trinity doesnt mean we are like the Catholics. I had asked once outside of church and was told they also believe in what the pope says; if the pope says something,cathloics will go along with it wheather its in scripture or not.(i do not know, is that so? We go strictly by the bible,if its in the scripture o.k. Pastor always says if someone is telling you something make sure they can back it up with scripture.I posted 2 post on “Is Jesus God” if you would like to read them. I thought they explained really well. God Bless!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KAT,
    Have you been reborn from above?[jn3]
    have you become a child of God and asked for His Spirit?[lk11]
    Following a religion that teaches catholic dogmas is not good for you.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I AM SAVED AND BAPTIZED. ARE YOU? AND NO WE DONT PREACH WHAT THE CATHOLICS TEACH.(MAYBE THE CATHOLICS HAVE ONE THING RIGHT.)BUT WE DONOT WORSHIP MARY AND WE DONT PRAY TO SAINTS AND WE DONT ASK OUR PASTOR FOR FORGIVENESS OF OUR SINS.IM GLAD YOU FILL YOU KNOW MORE THAN AN ORDAINED PREACHER. WHY DO YOU THINK THESE PREACHERS GO TO COLLEGE FOR SO LONG? THEY KNOW THEIR BIBLE!! EVERY CHURCH PREACHES IT AND IT SEEMS LIKE THE ONES WHO DONT BELIEVE IT ARE THE ONES WHO DONT HAVE A SHEPARD.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KAT,
    Yes.
    God can teach you from His sacred word.

Anonymous
    Inactive

1timothy 3;16 and without controversy great is the mystery of godliness; GOD WAS MANIFEST IN THE FLESH, justified in the spirit, seen of angels,preached unto the gentiles, believed on in the world, received up in glory!!!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KAT,
    God was in him.
    God is not a mortal man.

theodorej
    Participant

Quote (katjo @ Sep. 08 2009,07:19)
    YOU WOULD REALLY BE SUPRISED, (HAVING A ORDAINED PREACHER) WOULD HELP YOU LEARN MORE.

Thanks K…. I truely appreciate your suggestion and your are absolutely correct….Iam always surprised when I come in the company of a spirit filled apostle,teacher or evangelist and God sees fit to enrich my knowledge of his word….I fail to see the significance of a degreed,ordained and professionally trained person who establishes a platform based on carnal education….If you are in the company of a minister who establishes such a platform….you would be surprised to learn how insecure he/she could be in their own beliefs…Thanks K

theodorej
    Participant

Quote (Cindy @ Sep. 08 2009,10:43)

Quote (theodorej @ Sep. 08 2009,02:20)

You are keeping the Sabbath.  Do you also keep God's Holy Days?  Yes you do..  When under Mr. Armstrong the W.W. Church of God all kept the Holy Days that are listed in Lev. 23.  We joined there after leaving the Catholic Church.  However after Mr. Armstrong died a new Ambassador took over and all went back to believing in the trinity and other doctrine that are false as far as my Husband and I believe.  Will you reveal to us what Church you go to?  Keeping God's Holy Days are good.  However in the mean time God has revealed other truths to us.  Like what Covenant we are under and what Salvation comes under grace and is a free gift from God by Faith.
    Luke 22:20 The New Covenant.
    Ephesians 2:8-9
    Also that Jesus preexisted before the World was.
    Col. 1:15-17
    Rev. 3:14
    and by Jesus own words
    John 17:5
    Irene

Greetings Irene……The new ambassador took Gods church in the wrong direction a direct result of that was the absense of Gods presense and the knowledge that he imparted….I think at last count there are at least 500 splinter groups out there who have embraced the platform that was once the WWCG…It is my mission to find the group God is truly working with….This is a tedeous undertaking and has been full of many disappointments….

Anonymous
    Inactive

i think you would be amazed how much you dont know!

theodorej
    Participant

Quote (katjo @ Sep. 09 2009,01:21)
    i think you would be amazed how much you dont know!

K…..Iam amazed at what I don't know and sometimes Iam actually fearfull….and for that reason I ask God to make me smart…and as you can see I have a long way to go…take/care

Anonymous
    Inactive

theodorej- i didnt mean(how much you dont know) as meaning “Your not smart” I meant a preacher has done alot more deep studying on scripture, than what we read. There's alot i dont know either, thats why it is so interesting to hear him take scriptures from the knew test. and compare it with script. in the old testament. Or to preach on Rev. and show you what the beast with ten horns, means etc…etc… May God Bless You! I have some interesting post I will try to put on tonight- some examples of things.

Anonymous
    Inactive

theodorej- i didnt mean(how much you dont know) as meaning “Your not smart” I meant a preacher has done alot more deep studying on scripture, than what we read. There's alot i dont know either, thats why it is so interesting to hear him take scriptures from the knew test. and compare it with script. in the old testament. Or to preach on Rev. and show you what the beast with ten horns, means etc…etc… May God Bless You! I have some interesting post I will try to put on tonight- some examples of things.

followerofJesus
    Participant

Hmm

When one is Born again

They are born of his Spirit Holy Spirit

We should never forget that Holy Spirit Is God and one part of the Holy trinity

Read John 14 verse 15 – 31

When God the Son went back up to heaven God the Holy Spirit came down

Read John 16 verse 5 – 15

God the Holy Spirit then dwells within you and works towards you Sanctification. To be Holy as he is Holy

“It is no longer me who lives but Christ who live in me” The Holy Trinity is difficult to understand. for God the Father God the Son God the Holy Spirit are one and the same

for example The Father is the Son the Holy Spirit and they are he

though can't remember the verse. when people where asking Jesus to see the Father he said “those who have seen the me has seen the Father”

though back to the question.

Galatians 5 verse 22 – 25

but one would have to SUBMIT to Holy Spirit. Listen to Holy Spirit and allow him to work through us. while keeping Jesus at the centre of our life

Remember we don't know how to pray properly and God goes before us and shapes our prayers in a way that is pleasing to God ( can't remember where in the bible, I think paul spoke of this)

Peace and God bless all of you

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 102 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account