How are we saved?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • Author
    chosenone
    Participant

Hi Nick,
    Not until after the death and resurection of Christ. Jesus' teaching, while alive, was to the “Lost sheep of the house of Israel”.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    Were his works of healing to the gentiles, the crumbs off the table for the dogs, not part of his mission?

chosenone
    Participant

Quote (chosenone @ May 11 2007,05:52)
    Hi Nick.
            Perhaps the following will explain this to you.

21 The incident of the Canaanitish woman is of surpassing interest to us, for it shows clearly what was the status of the nations in our Lord's ministry. Her very mistakes are instructive. The nations have no part in the Son of David. He is Israel's King. No matter how much she may implore the Son of David, He answers her not a word. Let no one suppose that His heart was not touched or that He did not wish to be gracious. She has come to the wrong door. Yet He will not dismiss her. Finally, He tells why He cannot help. The Son of David, the character she approached, has no commission outside the nation of Israel. An oriental king is considered the father of his people. They are his children. The Canaanitish woman had no claim on His bounty. This is the key to Christ's earthly mission. He was a Servant of the Circumcision, not of the Uncircumcision (Ro.15:8). During His ministry the nations did not even have the place they received in the Pentecostal era. When, after much preparation, the apostles were taught that proselytes, such as Cornelius, could share a little of Israel's spiritual blessings (Ac.10). Later, at Pisidian Antioch, the door was opened by Paul, to some who were not proselytes (Ac.13:46-47). But it was not until the end of the Acts era that the salvation of God is sent directly to the nations (Ac.28:28). The latter half of the second chapter of Ephesians (2:11-22) is an elaborate statement showing that, in the present administration of God's grace, the nations are no longer in the inferior position accorded them in Paul's earlier ministry.
        Christ is Lord of all (Ac.10:36). Under this title even the Canaanitish woman was within His jurisdiction. She worships and calls for help. Yet even thus, she is by no means on an equal footing with the favored nation. Only the scraps are for her. If she will take the place of a cur, she can have a little of the leavings. This is the place we gentiles have in the ministry of Christ. Our position was improved in the succeeding Pentecostal era. But it was not until Paul's imprisonment that we were brought nigh and enter the family of God (Eph.2:18-19). Until then we were still guests at Israel's table, if not puppies under it.

Hi Nick.
    I gave this answer previously to your question.

Blessings.

Participant

Quote (chosenone @ May 07 2007,17:01)
    Ro.11:36   All is of God…
    Eph.1:11   God is operating all according to the council of His will.
        What more can we say?

Blessings.

Hi Chosenone:

This is what God says:

1 John 3      
    3:1
    Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not.  
    3:2
    Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.  
    3:3
    And every man that hath this hope in him purifieth himself, even as he is pure.  
    3:4
    Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth * also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.  
    3:5
    And ye know that he was manifested to take away our sins; and in him is no sin.  
    3:6
    Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.  
    3:7
    Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.  
    3:8
    He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.  
    3:9
    Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot * sin, because he is born of God.  

Verse 3:8 states he that commiteth sin is of the devil; therefore, God is not working the council of his will All in All.

God Bless

chosenone
    Participant

Hi 942767.
    Again, these scriptures are to the “Jews”. The proof of this is shown in Jn.3:4 when it says …”for sin is the transgression of the law.”
    The “LAW”, was given to Israel (Jews) still under the Old Covenant. We are not under the law, we are under “Grace”. So why do you try to follow teachings meant for them, but not us? We are to follow Pauls epistles, who said (Ro.15:8), …because of the grace being given to me from God, for me to be the minister of Christ Jesus for the nations, acting as a priest of the evangel of God, that the approach present of the nations may be becoming well recieved, having been hallowed by Holy Spirit.
    The works of God become clear when we “correctly cut the word of truth” (2Tim.2:15.)

Blessings.

chosenone
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 11 2007,11:11)
    Hi CO,
    Were his works of healing to the gentiles, the crumbs off the table for the dogs, not part of his mission?

Hi Nick.
    Jesus did not refuse, but healed the Samaritian womans daughter. This has nothing to do with His teachings, they were to the Jews only. “I was not commissioned except for the lost sheep of the house of Israel”. I don't know how this could be any clearer, Jesus' words Himself.

Blessings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    So the words of Jesus about being commissioned relate in your mind only to teaching?
    So if gentiles heard his preaching they were unable to respond?

chosenone
    Participant

Hi Nick.
    What scripture enlarged that commission to Jesus?

Blessings.

Participant

Quote (chosenone @ May 25 2007,18:53)
    Hi Nick.
        What scripture enlarged that commission to Jesus?

Blessings.

Hi Co:

Ok Jesus came primarily in his earthly ministry to the jews, and I say primarily because of the incident of the Canannite woman and the Samaritan.

But he called Twelve Apostles and he taught them and ordained them and when he was going to ascend into heaven, he told them to wait at Jerusalem for the promise of the Father, and he told them their ministry once they received the Holy Ghost was to go first to Jerusalem, and then the Judea, and Samaria and then to the utermost parts of the earth.  And so, the Apostles would be teaching what Jesus taught them, and what he taught them is written in the gospels.

Acts 1:4
    And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, saith he, ye have heard of me.  
    1:5
    For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many * * days hence.  
    1:6
    When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord *, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?  
    1:7
    And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.  
    1:8
    But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.

By delegating this authority, Jesus his going to all of the world through is disciples.

God Bless

olive
    Participant

Heb 8:10 because this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel, after those days, saith the Lord, giving My laws into their mind, and upon their hearts I will write them, and I will be to them for a God, and they shall be to Me for a people;

Rom 11:25 For I do not wish you to be ignorant, brethren, of this secret–that ye may not be wise in your own conceits–that hardness in part to Israel hath happened till the fulness of the nations may come in; and so all Israel shall be saved…

chosenone
    Participant

Hi 942767 and olive.
    See matt.10:5 “These twelve Jesus commissions, charging them, saying, Into a road of the nations you may not pass forth, and into a city of the Samaritans you may not be entering, Yet be going to the lost sheep of the house of Israel”. You may also be confused at Matt.28:19. This has not come to pass because the Jews rejected their Messiah, this will happen when the Jews are once more reconciled to God. See olives posts above. (Thanks olive).

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    Jn4
    ” 39And many of the Samaritans of that city believed on him for the saying of the woman, which testified, He told me all that ever I did.

40So when the Samaritans were come unto him, they besought him that he would tarry with them: and he abode there two days.

41And many more believed because of his own word;

42And said unto the woman, Now we believe, not because of thy saying: for we have heard him ourselves, and know that this is indeed the Christ, the Saviour of the world.

43Now after two days he departed thence, and went into Galilee. “

chosenone
    Participant

Hi Nick.
    The Samaritans came to Him, He did not go to them, He was not commissioned to them, His message was not to them, only to “the lost sheep of the house of Israel”. They recieved the crumbs from the masters table.

Blessings.

Not3in1
    Participant

CO,
    What scriptures are for us, then? What teachings are we supposed to recognize as being for th Jews only?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    Whatever CO decrees.

Not3in1
    Participant

Gotcha!

chosenone
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ June 19 2007,18:15)
    CO,
    What scriptures are for us, then?  What teachings are we supposed to recognize as being for th Jews only?

Hi not3in1.

The Sacred Scrolls of the Scriptures
    by A. E. Knoch

TABLE OF CONTENTS
    1. The Outside of the Scrolls, The Law
    2. The Prophets
    3. The Literature
    4. The Greek Scriptures
    5. Scriptures For the Circumcision:
    The Four Accounts
    6. The Writings Of the Circumcision:
    (Acts, Hebrews, James)
    7. The Writings Of the Circumcision:
    (Peter's Epistles)
    8. The Writings Of the Circumcision:
    (John's Epistles, Jude, The Unveiling)
    9. Paul's Epistles
    10. Paul's Epistles: (The Prison Epistles)
    11. Paul's Epistles: (The Preparatory Epistles)
    12. Paul's Epistles: (The Promise and Personal Epistles)

In this edition no radical changes have been made, except in the translations, which are conformed to the CONCORDANT VERSION whenever possible. The former rendering of the divine Name, “Jehovah,” is now Yahweh, and the titles El, Eloah, and Elohim, are used in place of God, to conform to the original, inspired Hebrew text.

First edition: 1923
    Second edition: 1955
    Third edition: 1999

These are for the serious student studying the scriptures, too lengthly to post here, but available on web site http://www.concordant.org

Blerssings

chosenone
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 19 2007,18:17)
    Hi not3,
    Whatever CO decrees.

Nick.
    Now you're being nasty. Not me, what scripture says. You have never answered my request of you to quote any posting of mine that is not biblcal. You carefully avoid this and make accusations against me, saying things I never say, but accusing me in general terms, not what I post. Shame on you.

Blessings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    You should preach the gospel of Jesus.
    Every other plant will be pulled out.

acertainchap
    Participant

Believe that JESUS died for you and took away your sins on the cross. Pray the salvation prayer to be saved. Most importantly, stay with your faith and never drift from it and turn away from sin and the many sins out there as indicated in THE HOLY BIBLE.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account