Help

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 25 total)
  • Author

the stoty goes like this.

A man was walking on the beach after high tide. He saw thousands of starfish out of the water.Wanting to do somthing to help them he starts walking down the beach, throwing starfish back into the watter as far as he could.
    a nother sees him doing this and sais to them, you dont think you can help them all do you? The man calmly stoops down to get another starfish and throws it in the water, then sais unto the other, it made a diffremce to this one.

I believe we may not help a multitude, but we can help someone. what do you say?

we need to help all mankind

how do we help others?

Douglas
    Participant

Quote (Jesus name follower of Christ @ July 06 2009,01:35)
    the stoty goes like this.

A man  was walking on the beach after high tide.  He saw thousands of starfish out of the water.Wanting to do somthing  to help them he starts walking down the beach, throwing starfish back into the watter as far as he could.  
    a nother sees him doing this and sais to them, you dont think you can help them all do you?  The man calmly stoops down to get another starfish and  throws it in the water, then sais unto the other, it made a diffremce to this one.

I believe we may not help a multitude, but we can help someone.  what do you say?

You already posted the same thing in an older thread.

The answer would be the same – choose wisely.

You can not help 7 billion people today, but you can still help everyone in some sense of the word. If you were really trying to help everyone, identify the people you could help that would in the long run lead to helping everyone over the next few thousand years.

If you took your Noah story literally, Noah helped everyone by helping only a few, no?

you are right

how many people have you helped today?

Cindy
    Participant

Quote (Jesus name follower of Christ @ Aug. 30 2009,01:40)
    how many people have you helped today?

I believe you should help your own Family first. And if you have a large Family like we do, you have your hands full. Also when you get older like my Husband and I, we have to help us first. Since I am 71 and my Husband is 72 I have become sick with Diabetes, High Blood Presser, Lupus I had since I was 40 but now I also have Rheumatory and Osteoporosis. I am so thankful to God, first that He has kept me alive so I can meet all of our Grandchildren. Lupus Patience usually don;t live longer then 15-20 years after their onset of it. It has been 31 years for me. WoW Also I have the best Husband anybody could have. We have been married for 48 years. We had a good live together. We have 4 wonderful Children and 7 Grandchildren.

I think Nick is going to get mad at me, since I went of the subject. Sorry Nick.

Peace and Love Irene

helping family first is good

david
    Participant

Is that story from “Chicken soup for the soul”? It sounds familiar.

dont know

Cindy
    Participant

Quote (david @ Aug. 30 2009,07:47)
    Is that story from “Chicken soup for the soul”?  It sounds familiar.

David which story?  By the way we named our firstborn Son George David and we call Him David not to confuse it  with my Husband since His name is Georg, without the e on the
    end.
    Irene

huh

Cindy
    Participant

Quote (Jesus name follower of Christ @ Aug. 30 2009,11:09)
    huh

huh You crack me up with your one word post, that is no post at all.

karmarie
    Participant

Yous are funny,
    people say too much today.
    :)

one word posts aint the best , if you could help just on who would it be?

Cindy
    Participant

Quote (karmarie @ Aug. 30 2009,22:08)
    Yous are funny,
    people say too much today.
    :)

Really!!!! Are you a woman or a man? If you are a woman, you should know that we like to talk!!!!
    Ha,Ha
    :D :D :D

Id help all the people I could

eveh
    Participant

Quote (Jesus name follower of Christ @ Aug. 30 2009,08:25)
    dont know

I listen to AFR American Family Radio…they are running that little story in between commercials right now. Maybe that is where you heard it. I listen to Tim wildman and Marvin's show every night. It think it is “Today's Issues” or something like that. I think they are running it on Focus on the Family too.

im not sure but I hear focus on the family

karmarie
    Participant

Irene, my kids talk all day long, on and on and on haha

JNFOC I have no ability to try and save anyone spiritually because I stick to myself and dont really feel like preaching on the streets or anything, but one idea I had was to get lots of bibles and send them as gifts randomly anonomously with a note inside, saying what im doing (so they dont get suspicous or anything). At some of the toughest times of my life I turned to the bible. It can open alot of doors. Actually I think I will do that.

Blessings.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 25 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account