Has anyone seen God or not?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 193 total)
  • Author
    Oxy
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ June 13 2010,09:31)
    Oxy………Exactly what about that, did that make those who GOD spoke to and (through) like the Prophets a GOD? NO,  so why did that all change with Jesus?. What difference is there in what GOD Did In Jesus that he did not do in the Prophets. Remember it say (GOD) spoke to us (THROUGH) the prophets and and He also spoke to us (THROUGH) a Son, whats the difference it still was GOD that was speaking. right?

peace and love……………gene

Gene, you have successfully confused me, congratulations lol.

Where did I ever say the prophets were God?? Simple answer, I did not.

Yes, it was God speaking through the prophets and His Son. The difference was that the prophets could not save us, they could only speak of the Saviour to come. And the prophets did not receive the Holy Spirit as Jesus did and the prophets were not to be worshiped, neither were they God and with God in the beginning.

However, according to Scripture the Word was with God and was God in the beginning, and was then made man. After His resurrection He was restored to His former glory.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Oxy,
    God saves through Jesus.
    Now the Lord is the Spirit and the Spirit is of God.

Is 1:18
    Participant

Quote (JustAskin @ June 12 2010,23:58)
    Is1,
    What you have written is perfectly right.

How do you further this by explaining the 'Hanging' against the 'falling and splitting open'.

Was it both: He hanged himself but the the branch broke away and he split apart on the ground after he fell?

I think both are right. He hung himself. His corpse bloated from the gas buildup in his gastric organs. The device he used to do the hanging broke and he fell. SPLAT….

Oxy
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 13 2010,10:00)
    Hi Oxy,
    God saves through Jesus.
    Now the Lord is the Spirit and the Spirit is of God.

Amen Nick,

We are indeed saved through Jesus,

The Holy Spirit was sent to us by the Father and is of God.
    John 14:26 But the Comforter, the Holy Spirit whom the Father will send in My name, He shall teach you all things and bring all things to your remembrance, whatever I have said to you.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Oxy,
    But is the Spirit that PROCEEDS from God now separate from God?
    Or are we made one with Jesus and God IN that Spirit?[Jn17]

Proclaimer
    Participant

No man has ever seen God.
    Men have seen God's glory in the form of angels, the son, even creation.
    But no man has seen God's form.
    Actually he is a spirit that can dwell in all. How do you see that?

Like a prism when light shines into it. The glory of the light is beautiful, but the prism without light is dull even invisible.

So think of God as light and the prism as a created spiritual body.

Oxy
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ June 13 2010,13:25)

Like a prism when light shines into it. The glory of the light is beautiful, but the prism without light is dull even invisible.

I beg to differ t8

Exo 24:9 And Moses went up, and Aaron, Nadab, and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel.
    Exo 24:10 And they saw the God of Israel. And there was under His feet as it were a paved work of a sapphire stone, and as the essence of the heavens for clearness.
    Exo 24:11 And upon the nobles of the sons of Israel He did not lay his hands. Also they saw God, and ate and drank.
    Exo 24:12 And Jehovah said to Moses, Come up to Me in the mountain, and be there. And I will give you tablets of stone, and the Law, and commandments which I have written, so that you may teach them.

Gen 32:29 And Jacob asked and said, I pray You, reveal Your name. And He said, Why do you ask after My name? And He blessed him there.
    Gen 32:30 And Jacob called the name of the place Face of God; for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.

Jdg 13:22 And Manoah said to his wife, We shall surely die because we have seen God.

Gen 16:13 And she called the name of Jehovah who had spoken to her, You are a God of vision! For she said, Even here have I looked after Him that sees me?
    Gen 16:14 Therefore the well was called The Well of the Living One Seeing Me. Behold, it is between Kadesh and Bered.

I could add some more, but I think this will suffice.

Oxy
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 13 2010,10:48)
    Hi Oxy,
    But is the Spirit that PROCEEDS from God now separate from God?
    Or are we made one with Jesus and God IN that Spirit?[Jn17]

We are indeed made one with Jesus and Father through the Holy Spirit whom God sent.

This is the way the Lord explained it to me. There are three feasts, one for each part of God.

The Feast of Passover represents Jesus and the salvation we have with Him and through Him. He is the door to the Father.

The Feast of Pentecost represents the Holy Spirit. Upon receiving the Holy Spirit we receive the fruit and gifts of the Spirit according to God's will. He is our teacher, comforter, guide etc.

The Feast of Tabernacles represents the Father. Our ultimate goal is to tabernacle with our Father.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Oxy,
    So in sending His own Spirit God lost His Spirit??

Oxy
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 13 2010,19:38)
    Hi Oxy,
    So in sending His own Spirit God lost His Spirit??

Not quite Nick. Why is it so hard to see that the Holy Spirit is a third part of God? God made man in His likeness. We are three as I explained before. God also is three, obviously not exactly as we are because He is God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Oxy,
    Because God does not have thirds.
    He is one and He begat a son of His own Spirit and in Christ we are offered the same eternal union.

But Jesus did not become God and neither would we.

Oxy
    Participant

God does not have thirds? Hmm.. there is Father, Son and Holy Spirit, but while there are three I would not call them thirds.

I believe Jesus did become God. This is what God showed me:

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
    John 1:14 And the Word became flesh, and tabernacled among us. And we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and of truth.
    Hebrews 2:9 But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honor, that He by the grace of God should taste death for all. (no longer God)

Then Jesus prayed a prayer which included this request:

John 17:5 And now Father, glorify Me with Yourself with the glory which I had with You before the world was. (His glory which He had in the beginning was described in John 1:1)

So was Jesus reinstated to His former glory? The answer is found in Revelation 19:13 And He had been clothed in a garment dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God.

So you see, in the beginning the Word was with God and was God, then was made a little lower than the angels to be born as the Son of God, and as His time drew near He asked to be restored to His former glory, and this obviously happened according to Rev 19:13

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Oxy,
    Read 1Cor 2 and how the Spirit of God enables us to search even the depths of God.

” Even so the thoughts of God no one knows except the Spirit of God”

Oxy
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 13 2010,22:38)
    Hi Oxy,
    Read 1Cor 2 and how the Spirit of God enables us to search even the depths of God.

Exactly, so who better to teach us? When we read the Scriptures with the mind of man we receive little, but when He explains them to us they become life.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Oxy @ June 14 2010,03:45)

Hi Oxy,

Exactly, so who better to teach us?  When we read the Scriptures with the mind of man we receive little, but when He explains them to us they become life.

Hi Oxi,

So where does the unwillingness to agree come from? (Isaiah 1:18)

God bless
    Ed J
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org
    PS> Welcome (back) to the Forum!

Oxy
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ June 14 2010,08:21)

Quote (Oxy @ June 14 2010,03:45)

Hi Oxy,

Exactly, so who better to teach us?  When we read the Scriptures with the mind of man we receive little, but when He explains them to us they become life.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Edit))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Hi Oxy,

So where does the unwillingness to agree come from? (Isaiah 1:18)

God bless
    Ed J
    PS> Welcome (back) to the Forum!

Thanks for the welcome Ed,

Not sure what you mean by the unwillingness to agree. I agree with the things God taught me, and I would be the first to admit that I don't know everything, but I do know what He has taught me and I agree with that.

Blessings

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Oxy,
    Do you not have the Spirit of God??

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Oxy @ June 14 2010,06:27)
    Thanks for the welcome Ed,

Not sure what you mean by the unwillingness to agree.  I agree with the things God taught me, and I would be the first to admit that I don't know everything, but I do know what He has taught me and I agree with that.

Blessings

Hi Oxy,

Do you think we should reason out differences in beliefs? (Matt.18:20 / Isaiah 1:18 / 1Cor.14:26)

God bless
    Ed J

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Oxy @ June 13 2010,16:27)

Quote (t8 @ June 13 2010,13:25)

I beg to differ t8

Exo 24:9  And Moses went up, and Aaron, Nadab, and Abihu, and seventy of the elders of Israel.
    Exo 24:10  And they saw the God of Israel. And there was under His feet as it were a paved work of a sapphire stone, and as the essence of the heavens for clearness.
    Exo 24:11  And upon the nobles of the sons of Israel He did not lay his hands. Also they saw God, and ate and drank.
    Exo 24:12  And Jehovah said to Moses, Come up to Me in the mountain, and be there. And I will give you tablets of stone, and the Law, and commandments which I have written, so that you may teach them.

Gen 32:29  And Jacob asked and said, I pray You, reveal Your name. And He said, Why do you ask after My name? And He blessed him there.
    Gen 32:30  And Jacob called the name of the place Face of God; for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.

Jdg 13:22  And Manoah said to his wife, We shall surely die because we have seen God.

Gen 16:13  And she called the name of Jehovah who had spoken to her, You are a God of vision! For she said, Even here have I looked after Him that sees me?
    Gen 16:14  Therefore the well was called The Well of the Living One Seeing Me. Behold, it is between Kadesh and Bered.

I could add some more, but I think this will suffice.

Oxy, you clearly disagree with Paul and John because I am only repeating what they say. Remember this is the New Testament and it is not in disagreement with the Old.

1 John 4:12
    No one has ever seen God; ….

1 Timothy 1:17
    Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only God, be honor and glory for ever and ever.
    Amen.

1 Timothy 6:15-16
    15 which God will bring about in his own time, God, the blessed and only Ruler, the King of kings and Lord of lords,
    16 who alone is immortal and who lives in unapproachable light, whom no one has seen or can see. To him be honor and might forever. Amen.

John 6:46
    No one has seen the Father except the one who is from God; only he has seen the Father.

John 1:18
    No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

John 5:37
    And the Father who sent me has himself testified concerning me.
    You have never heard his voice nor seen his form.

See that. It is not a matter of one or two difficult scriptures that could be interpreted either way, but quite a number of clear verses that you cannot argue against.

Oxy
    Participant

So I guess we should throw the Old Testament away then… or is there another answer?

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 193 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account