Group discussion

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Admin
    Keymaster

Recently a number of discussions have been started that are looking for exclusive membership or an exclusive subject that anyone can post to.

The latter is of course fine, the former has a few problems.

1) When people post in a discussion that has exclusive membership, people are not always aware of the condition because they reach the last post first from New Posts or whatever else. They then post without realising that membership was exclusive.

2) Forums like Truth and Tradition have always been free for all to post to. So it is not even a consideration most of the time that you cannot post.

So I have a solution.

The solution is based on placing these discussions into the Debates forum because it is well known that debates have conditions about who can and cannot post.

The only problem here is that these discussions are not debates as such, so I suggest that Debates is renamed to:

Group Discussions and Debates.

Now we have the place where everyone will check who can post and who cannot whether it is a debate or group discsussion.

What do others think?

kerwin
    Participant

Sound like a fine idea.

t8

That sounds fine, you could just transfer this thread there couldn't you?

WJ

Proclaimer
    Participant

Yes i can transfer it there. I will make the changes later today as there doesn't seem to be any opposition to it.

Wispring
    Participant

good idea t8.Another thing that the initiators of these threads that are seeking input from people with the same theological doctrinal position could do is periodically re-post the purpose and scope of the initial post or have a little paragraph as like a p.s. put at the end of their posts so that someone not "up to speed" with the intent of the thread and who just searched for "most recent posts" could be informed in an on-going manner as to exactly what the purpose of the thread is. This would keep things more true to the original intent of the thread in an orderly and civil fashion in my humble opinion.

terraricca
    Participant

T8

yes that very good idea go for it

Pierre

Admin
    Keymaster

Thanks for the feedback.

Done.

Relevant topics have been moved over too.
    Let me know if I missed any.

david
    Participant

Ya, that's a really good idea. I should have read this thread before I made my last comments which were similar.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account