Gratitude Forum!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Stu,
    What is this heaven bit?

Heavens
    Participant

I obviously didn't remove myself properly, when I left, because I've received an email from this thread.

I see that another `debate' has started, so I thought I'd post one more message.

This thread is called the `gratitude thread' and at the beginning of it, the person who started the thread expressly asked that it be left to express things they are grateful for.

Simply, they want it to be a joyous thread. and encouraging thread, an inspirational thread.

Comprende?

God bless!

Heavens :p

Heavens Comprende to you too. So take it up with the one that send you the e-mail. Otherwise being grateful is always good to do. I am for ever thankful to God that He has send his only begotten Son so we can have eternal life.
    Peace and Love Mrs.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 01 2008,05:14)
    Hi Stu,
    What is this heaven bit?

I don't think I'm the person to ask about that, Nick. You should take it up with seekandyouwillfind who was the last person here to mention eternity.

Stuart

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Stu,
    Does heaven mean eternity to you?

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 02 2008,10:15)
    Hi Stu,
    Does heaven mean eternity to you?

Both concepts are nonsense so yes, I suppose they share their main characteristic in common.

Stuart

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Stu,
    You are a bit behind the 8 ball.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 03 2008,04:47)
    Hi Stu,
    You are a bit behind the 8 ball.

This 8 ball is one that I cannot see, and one that can be cued straight through, as if it wasn't there! The fact that you say you can see it does not snooker me.

Stuart

Not3in1
    Participant

This morning I got up with the sun.  I went out on our deck and the birds were singing so loud that it sounded like one of those CD's that play when you enter a nature store.  It was truly beautiful.  There must of been a dozen birds singing altogether.  I just thanked the LORD for the beauty and song.

There is much that is troubling in this world, there is much we don't understand, but oh! there is always beauty!  Spring is finally here and everything is being born and reborn.  It's amazing.  I'm so glad to be a part of it.  I lift my face to the heavens and breathe deep, the air is so fragrant and sweet….I'm so happy to be a part of it.

I'm grateful for life.
    :)

Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ May 07 2008,09:37)
    This morning I got up with the sun.  I went out on our deck and the birds were singing so loud that it sounded like one of those CD's that play when you enter a nature store.  It was truly beautiful.  There must of been a dozen birds singing altogether.  I just thanked the LORD for the beauty and song.

There is much that is troubling in this world, there is much we don't understand, but oh! there is always beauty!  Spring is finally here and everything is being born and reborn.  It's amazing.  I'm so glad to be a part of it.  I lift my face to the heavens and breathe deep, the air is so fragrant and sweet….I'm so happy to be a part of it.

I'm grateful for life.

Hi Mandy:

I espescially like this time of year when every thing is coming back to life, and I am grateful for all God had done for me.

Even the flowering dogwood testifies of the Lord Jesus.

God Bless

Stu
    Participant

I'm grateful for life.

It is an illusion, of course. To the birds it is an ongoing fierce establishment and reestabishment of territory and breeding rights. The sun that appears to rise is an atom bomb able to completely dwarf the worst we could do with our nuclear capabilities, and that could incinerate us easily were we to go off our orbital course or lose our global magnetic field.

Even so, I feel the same way as you about the dawn chorus. It is a reminder to us of normality and the brutal beauty of nature; that the doomsayers and those who want to see a revelation-style fireball in the Middle East, and those who want to crash planes and do other nasty things to others in the name of their god are limited in their capacity to affect us, and in the end cannot win with their delusions.

Stuart

theodorej
    Participant

Greetings Mandy & Stu……And so it is the start of another day and I stand in awh of the beauty of nature and the order by which it conducts itself…..Stu.. having never had the opportunity to interview a bird I would have to say your analogy is speculative at best….The goings on of nature are just part of the rehersal for the presentation we so love in a spring morning…A day such as today is nothing less than a celebration of God and his creation…

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ May 10 2008,00:29)

I'm grateful for life.

It is an illusion, of course.  To the birds it is an ongoing fierce establishment and reestabishment of territory and breeding rights.  The sun that appears to rise is an atom bomb able to completely dwarf the worst we could do with our nuclear capabilities, and that could incinerate us easily were we to go off our orbital course or lose our global magnetic field.

Even so, I feel the same way as you about the dawn chorus. It is a reminder to us of normality and the brutal beauty of nature; that the doomsayers and those who want to see a revelation-style fireball in the Middle East, and those who want to crash planes and do other nasty things to others in the name of their god are limited in their capacity to affect us, and in the end cannot win with their delusions.

Stuart

Hi Stu,

At first I laughed at your post, attributing your negative response to your intellectual way of always over-analyzing things. Then I decided to do a little research and this is what I found below. Very interesting and somewhat humorous.

The best time to hear bird song is at dawn. The dawn chorus is one of the marvels of nature. Birds all over the world show the greatest amount of singing activity around dawn, from English woodland to tropical rainforest. But why they do it is still not clearly understood.

One reason may be that dawn is the best time for sound to travel, because there is little wind and less other noise and disturbance. Songs broadcast at dawn can be 20 times as effective as those broadcast at midday. And this is a time when birds can't do much else. Light intensity is low, making it difficult for them to hunt and forage. Low temperatures keep their insect prey on the ground.

By singing at dawn, when their energy reserves are low after the night, male birds may be telling females that they are nevertheless still fit for breeding. A male singing lustily is demonstrating that he has spare energy in abundance. Dawn may be a good time to sing, but there is likely to be a lot of vocal competition. So there are advantages to singing at a different time of day, particularly when two different species have similar songs.

Two birds of the Californian chaparral, the wrentit and the Bewick's wren, share the same habitat, and also have similar songs. But they manage to alternate their singing bouts so that they are never in direct conflict.

The British dawn chorus: dawn may be the best time for sound to travel, because there is little wind and less other noise and disturbance

But why do birds spend such a considerable amount of time and energy communicating with each other. What are they saying?

The reason must be a very good one, because making a lot of noise draws attention to a bird and makes it more noticeable to predators.

Bird song has two main functions: to defend a territory and to attract a mate. Male birds do these things, so, throughout the bird world, it is usually the males singing the songs.

In most species, a male bird owning a territory is essential for attracting a female and breeding successfully. Males claim a territory by singing in it. They generally use shorter, simpler songs for territorial defense. They are addressing their songs to rival males. These territorial songs carry over long distances and convey detailed information about the location and identity of the singer. Gaps in the song enable the singer to listen for replies, and determine where their rival is and how far off.

Birds can distinguish neighbors from strangers by individual differences in their songs. Males use this information to concentrate their defense efforts. They will not react aggressively against a neighbor as long as he stays on his own territory. But a singing stranger could mean a threat to the territory; a strong response is required to see this potential invader off.

When they are trying to attract females onto their territory, males become operatic. They sing longer and more complex songs. Females listen, but do not generally respond. Male great reed warblers, for example, sing long and elaborate songs when advertising for females. The females will spend several days visiting a selection of singing males before making their decision. They prefer to mate with males singing the most complex songs with the largest repertoire. Large song repertoires are an advantage in many birds, because they increase a male's attractiveness to females.

I guess, for all you single guys out there…….learn to sing many, complex songs! We're listening!

:laugh:

charity
    Participant

:D
    I loved that, as much as I love you both ..Stuart & Mandy
    Most very interesting, revealing natures activity, and the bible so many times compares males and female with the birds, very helpful to understanding the origin of context, without little complex

I taught I taw a puttytat..I DID…..
    one last sum?…. is tweetie a male or female?

charity

To all! Want to wish you and yours a Happy Memorial Day. Remembering all that have lost their lives for Freedom.
    I have lost my Father and so has my Husband and we are remembering them and the hope that one day we will see them soon.
    God Bless You and God Bless Anerica Land of the Free.
    Peace and Love Mrs.

Not3in1
    Participant

Tonight I watched my daughter as she practiced with her cheer squad. They are getting ready for our town's little parade this weekend. I am grateful to have her in my life! She is so much fun and full of energy. I was able to help her with some moves from my old cheerleading days (so, so many years ago now….ha).

My son will join the football team this year and it will be a joy in the fall to watch him play, and her cheer! I am so grateful for my kids. When Dan and I tried for years and years to become pregnant and nothing happened, I just figured I would never have the opportunity to be a mother. This broke my spirit. I cried and cried to the Lord for children…… He answered my prayers and I will be forever grateful.

Just wanted to share,
    Mandy

gollamudi
    Participant

Wonderful my Sis,
    God fulfills our heart desires even if one door is closed he will open another and many.
    May God make you as a blessing mother to many in the Lord.
    Adam

Not3in1
    Participant

I am grateful for; recovery, baseball, summer break with my kids, stary nights, my puppy, pain medication (my knee is killing me), friends, Heaven Net (back online), and new gifts of faith.

Along our walkway to the house I have a little iron saying that is attached to a stake that says, “Gratitude”. My daughter has painted rocks and placed them at it's base. I walk the path of gratitude daily.

Sweet dreams everyone,
    Mandy

Irene
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ June 06 2008,17:07)
    Tonight I watched my daughter as she practiced with her cheer squad.  They are getting ready for our town's little parade this weekend.  I am grateful to have her in my life!  She is so much fun and full of energy.  I was able to help her with some moves from my old cheerleading days (so, so many years ago now….ha).

My son will join the football team this year and it will be a joy in the fall to watch him play, and her cheer!  I am so grateful for my kids.  When Dan and I tried for years and years to become pregnant and nothing happened, I just figured I would never have the opportunity to be a mother.  This broke my spirit.  I cried and cried to the Lord for children……  He answered my prayers and I will be forever grateful.

Just wanted to share,
    Mandy

Mandy! Putting the Children into Sports I have always found good for them. It teaches them discipline for their body. And it is fun for them. We just went to our 7 year old Grandson last Baseball Game and He is looking forward to the next Sport which will be Basketball, which He is really good at it for His age.
    Your Knee is killing you. I had that problem too, until I got two Shots of Cortisone in my right Knee and never have trouble with again. Hope you do some exercise with it, it is important. I have also noticed that whenever I drink any kind of Soft drink my Arthritis acts up. So I drink water.
    Wish you all the Luck and hope that God will soon heal you.
    In Christian Love Irene

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account