God's voice

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 277 total)
  • Author
    charity
    Participant

oh yer ….conscience is part of God's voice…. mewh!!

charity
    Participant

hey t8, imagine if we all began to understand the Gods voice within was indeed s, a large part conscience, all the past anguish, as many struggle after the wishing to hear instruction from God, and others bold enough to spurt out the words eagerly signing God name on delivery, others waffle around, unable to pinpoint the source of the informer within, concluding with Jesus told me. yes he showed me.
    One thing all people have conscience, all must have a porton God if so, and then shall the bible be a highway for context, and writers shall be brought to the knees. and God shall be rescued from primitive thinking about the easy to accuse an easily insane portions of the human creation.

:)

Not3in1
    Participant

I can tell you this, since I stopped talking to God……I don't hear him anymore. Curious, isn't it?

I'm not opposed to hearing from God, quite the opposite. I'm not on some rebelion or anything. It's just that since I stopped being the active one to talk to God, I've noticed it's been real quiet. Does God not have anything to say to me? Has he forgotten me because I haven't been talking to him? Is he sulking? :;):

God's voice……hmmmm…….I wonder.

Cindy
    Participant

Let me give you my two cents. I do not hear a voice when I post, but at other times I talk to God like I talk to any one of us. And the answers come in a spiritual way. I write something and afterwards I think, I did not think that. It is like God is typing for me. So I too wonder what is happening and I am very concerned, because Satan is the God of the air. But the truth is in the pudding, right.
    Peace and Love Irene

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Feb. 23 2009,14:24)
    I can tell you this, since I stopped talking to God……I don't hear him anymore.  Curious, isn't it?

I'm not opposed to hearing from God, quite the opposite.  I'm not on some rebelion or anything.  It's just that since I stopped being the active one to talk to God, I've noticed it's been real quiet.  Does God not have anything to say to me?  Has he forgotten me because I haven't been talking to him?  Is he sulking?  :;):

I saw another poster on another board speak of this. He said when he left Christianity, he invented a god of his own making. He found that this god required maintenance to continue to believe in. When he got lazy, the belief faded.

Take that for what its worth.

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (kejonn @ Feb. 24 2009,13:02)

I can tell you this, since I stopped talking to God……I don't hear him anymore.  Curious, isn't it?

I'm not opposed to hearing from God, quite the opposite.  I'm not on some rebelion or anything.  It's just that since I stopped being the active one to talk to God, I've noticed it's been real quiet.  Does God not have anything to say to me?  Has he forgotten me because I haven't been talking to him?  Is he sulking?  :;):

I saw another poster on another board speak of this. He said when he left Christianity, he invented a god of his own making. He found that this god required maintenance to continue to believe in. When he got lazy, the belief faded.

Hey Kevin,

I actually conducted a bit of an experiment not too long ago.

All my life, when I thought I had heard God, or was touched by God, or could feel his spirit or whatever you want to call it….I would get this tingly feeling. I used to think it was a “blessing” or an “annointing”. I used to think it was God's way of letting me know he was there. A way to measure his presence with me, maybe. I would especially feel this thing when I worshiped and sang.

I decided to really pay attention to when I got this “tingle” feeling. Something interesting came to light…… I noticed that other things also produced this sensation or feeling in me. Like an emotional song on the radio. Or hearing my children laugh. I noticed that when I sang a favorite secular song or any great song, I would get this tingle as well sometimes.

Goes to show you – you can't trust the tingle. You can't trust the “feeling” of God's spirit. The experiment showed me that whenever I am emotional, or whenever I employed that part of myself…..I would get this feeling come over me. It wasn't from God at all. It wasn't God. It was me.

Now of course, I'm wondering how much of “hearing the Spirit” and so on was just me talking to me. I think quite a bit of it was just plain ol' me. And a lot of the other stuff was circumstance.

Curious.

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Cindy @ Feb. 24 2009,11:17)
    Let me give you my two cents. I do not hear a voice when I post, but at other times I talk to God like I talk to any one of us. And the answers come in a spiritual way.  I write something and afterwards I think, I did not think that. It is like God is typing for me.  So I too wonder what is happening and I am very concerned, because Satan is the God of the air. But the truth is in the pudding, right.
    Peace and Love Irene

The thing is –

You can say the Spirit has given you an answer, but another brother could come along and say the same thing. The problem is: your answers both came from God, but they are opposing answers.

Then what do you think?

Cindy
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Feb. 24 2009,17:14)

Quote (Cindy @ Feb. 24 2009,11:17)
    Let me give you my two cents. I do not hear a voice when I post, but at other times I talk to God like I talk to any one of us. And the answers come in a spiritual way.  I write something and afterwards I think, I did not think that. It is like God is typing for me.  So I too wonder what is happening and I am very concerned, because Satan is the God of the air. But the truth is in the pudding, right.
    Peace and Love Irene

The thing is –

You can say the Spirit has given you an answer, but another brother could come along and say the same thing.  The problem is:  your answers both came from God, but they are opposing answers.

Then what do you think?

Always test those spirits. Usually there is another Scripture that you can cross check. Take the trinity, there are several Scriptures that show that the Father is greater then the Son. Etc. Whoever then has the prove that is the truth. Its in the scriptures. It is written according to Nick, would say…..
    Peace and Love Irene

charity
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Feb. 24 2009,17:11)

Hey Kevin,

All my life, when I thought I had heard God, or was touched by God, or could feel his spirit or whatever you want to call it….I would get this tingly feeling.  I used to think it was a “blessing” or an “annointing”.  I used to think it was God's way of letting me know he was there.  A way to measure his presence with me, maybe.  I would especially feel this thing when I worshiped and sang.

I decided to really pay attention to when I got this “tingle” feeling.  Something interesting came to light……  I noticed that other things also produced this sensation or feeling in me.  Like an emotional song on the radio.  Or hearing my children laugh.  I noticed that when I sang a favorite secular song or any great song, I would get this tingle as well sometimes.

Goes to show you – you can't trust the tingle.  You can't trust the “feeling” of God's spirit.  The experiment showed me that whenever I am emotional, or whenever I employed that part of myself…..I would get this feeling come over me.  It wasn't from God at all.  It wasn't God.  It was me.

Now of course, I'm wondering how much of “hearing the Spirit” and so on was just me talking to me.  I think quite a bit of it was just plain ol' me.  And a lot of the other stuff was circumstance.

Curious.

SPOKEN WELL Mandy. I agree having some what the same observations after being totally truthful with myself.

I think this scripture below is to  blame, I call  it messing with the head and intellect, in which the whole gospel of John is  just clanging cymbals when you settle the mind into truthfully observing the stupidity of this verse, Jhn 14:27   Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. …come on John…. stupidly enough …all men could and did enjoyed peace.. well before Jesus came and went on earth….”not of this world” sure admits it wants to catapult you reality hence forth to a prepared place?.
    this completely robs the mind of the pure reality an a healthy censer of truth… leaving cripples within  those that become convinced….

Cindy
    Participant

Quote (charity @ Feb. 24 2009,18:12)

Quote (Not3in1 @ Feb. 24 2009,17:11)

Hey Kevin,

All my life, when I thought I had heard God, or was touched by God, or could feel his spirit or whatever you want to call it….I would get this tingly feeling.  I used to think it was a “blessing” or an “annointing”.  I used to think it was God's way of letting me know he was there.  A way to measure his presence with me, maybe.  I would especially feel this thing when I worshiped and sang.

I decided to really pay attention to when I got this “tingle” feeling.  Something interesting came to light……  I noticed that other things also produced this sensation or feeling in me.  Like an emotional song on the radio.  Or hearing my children laugh.  I noticed that when I sang a favorite secular song or any great song, I would get this tingle as well sometimes.

Goes to show you – you can't trust the tingle.  You can't trust the “feeling” of God's spirit.  The experiment showed me that whenever I am emotional, or whenever I employed that part of myself…..I would get this feeling come over me.  It wasn't from God at all.  It wasn't God.  It was me.

Now of course, I'm wondering how much of “hearing the Spirit” and so on was just me talking to me.  I think quite a bit of it was just plain ol' me.  And a lot of the other stuff was circumstance.

Curious.

SPOKEN WELL Mandy. I agree having some what the same observations after being totally truthful with myself.

I think this scripture below is to  blame, I call  it messing with the head and intellect, in which the whole gospel of John is  just clanging cymbals when you settle the mind into truthfully observing the stupidity of this verse, Jhn 14:27   Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. …come on John…. stupidly enough …all men could and did enjoyed peace.. well before Jesus came and went on earth….”not of this world” sure admits it wants to catapult you reality hence forth to a prepared place?.
    this completely robs the mind of the pure  reality an a healthy censer of truth… leaving  cripples within  those that become convinced….

charity There is no real peace here yet on this earth. Not until Christ will come and sets up His Kingdom will we experience real peace. Look around you, unless you close your eyes to what is going on, of course you will not see it.
    Tell you the truth a lot of American's are doing so. We are right in front of God's wrath which will come on this earth, right before Christ returns. Stay close to Jesus so you will not be part of it. God has promised us to keep us from this hour of His wrath.
    Peace and Love Irene

TimothyVI
    Participant

I have a niece that wanted to make a trip to the Holy land a couple of years ago.
    I mean she really wanted to go. She didn’t have enough money for that kind of trip, but she wanted to go.

So she prayed to God to tell her if she should borrow money to go.
    Of course God “told “ her that she should. There was no booming voice that said, “yes my child, you should go whatever it takes”. But she heard God approve none the less.
    She was thrilled that God approved, she got a “tingle” feeling from God wanting her to do this thing.

I am convinced that when people pray for God to tell them whether they should do something or not, that they already have the answer that they want in their head, and that answer becomes God’s answer.

Four thousand years ago, God is said to have actually spoken to people, using their language, in an audible voice. Does anyone actually have that happen today?
    I certainly never have. And even when I have felt that God lead me to something, it just happened to be something with which I agreed anyway.

Tim

SEEKING
    Participant

Quote (TimothyVI @ Feb. 24 2009,07:42)
    Four thousand years ago, God is said to have actually spoken to people, using their language, in an audible voice. Does anyone actually have that happen today?
    I certainly never have. And even when I have felt that God lead me to something, it just happened to be something with which I agreed anyway.

Tim

Tim,

Yes! It seems, frequently today, people approach God in prayer for confirmation rather than information.

I would have to admit to trying to talk God into confirming my desire on several occassions. It is difficult to just listen and conform.

Seeking

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (TimothyVI @ Feb. 25 2009,01:42)
    I have a niece that wanted to make a trip to the Holy land a couple of years ago.
    I mean she really wanted to go. She didn’t have enough money for that kind of trip, but she wanted to go.

So she prayed to God to tell her if she should borrow money to go.
    Of course God “told “ her that she should. There was no booming voice that said, “yes my child, you should go whatever it takes”. But she heard God approve none the less.
    She was thrilled that God approved, she got a “tingle” feeling from God wanting her to do this thing.

I am convinced that when people pray for God to tell them whether they should do something or not, that they already have the answer that they want in their head, and that answer becomes God’s answer.

Tim

My neice just recently wanted to divorce her husband of 6 years. She prayed and prayed for the answer.

She felt that God led her to be “released” from the marriage. In other words, she felt the okeydokey from God to divorce.

That's so curious that she would hear that from God when his written word says he hates divorce! Hmmmm?

Hearing the voice of God….hmmmm?

TimothyVI
    Participant

When God's chosen people wanted to kill a bunch of people, they heard God's voice tell them to.
    Even though God had just told them, “thou shalt not kill”.
    It has always been the same, people will hear God say what you want to hear God say.

Tim

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tim,
    How much of the bible will you cleanse?

TimothyVI
    Participant

Not cleansing Nick, just stating the facts as written.

In Exodus 32 it is written that when Moses came down from the mountain with the very tablet upon which God had written “thou shalt not kill”, he ordered his men to put on their swords and go throughout the camp and kill every man his brother, and every man his companion and every man his neighbor.

In spite of his saying that the Lord God told him to do this, he had to go back up the mountain the next day and tell God what had happened.

Tim

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi tim,
    Yes understanding the ways of God has always been beyond our reach.
    The Laws of God given to men do not control him or His commands
    He is a sovereign and mighty God to be feared.

TimothyVI
    Participant

Yes Nick, But God commanded thou shalt not kill and then Moses said that God told him to
    have his men kill 3,000 of their own people.
    Should we believe God or Moses?

Tim

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tim,
    Both.
    The general laws of God given to men do not countermand His directly expressed will.

TimothyVI
    Participant

Does His express will countermand His own law?

Tim

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 277 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account