God and violence

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 17 posts - 81 through 97 (of 97 total)
  • Author
    bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (david @ Aug. 26 2009,18:29)
    Hi Bodhitharta.

I am no part of the Catholic or Protestant religion.   I am different.  I am a true believer, and as you, believe that God is one, as the book of God says.  I too hate the wickedness in the world, and especially the hypocrisy that is so evident among many religious people.  They speak of love, but are filled with violence and hate.  I am wondering how you think it is all going to end.

I would like to talk with you about an ancient prophecy that foretells the transformation of the earth into a paradise. May I read to you what the prophet wrote?

ISAIAH 11:6-9
    “And the wolf will actually reside for a while with the male lamb, and with the kid the leopard itself will lie down, and the calf and the maned young lion and the well-fed animal all together; and a mere little boy will be leader over them. And the cow and the bear themselves will feed; together their young ones will lie down. And even the lion will eat straw just like the bull. And the sucking child will certainly play upon the hole of the cobra; and upon the light aperture of a poisonous snake will a weaned child actually put his own hand. They will not do any harm or cause any ruin in all my holy mountain; because the earth will certainly be filled with the knowledge of Jehovah as the waters are covering the very sea.”

I believe that will be the case. After the return of Christ

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (david @ Aug. 26 2009,18:30)

They believe 99% of what Muslims believe.

I would put it more around 68%, but yes, we have many similar beliefs.

Actually Islam is more Jehovah's witness than JW's and the reason is Jesus said “Hallowed be thy name” So Islam does not use the name of God other than to call God “The God” because there is no other God to speak of.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    You have your own god and your own master who would offer to correct the works of the Spirit.
    Come out of her.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 27 2009,06:52)
    Hi BD,
    You have your own god and your own master who would offer to correct the works of the Spirit.
    Come out of her.

Our Father is “Our Father” Nick

You cannot own God for yourself. God is the God of all flesh.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    OUR includes only those who like Jesus have become a reborn son of God.
    Those who serve other gods and masters remain under the wrath of God

david
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Aug. 27 2009,05:32)

Hi Bodhitharta.

I am no part of the Catholic or Protestant religion.   I am different.  I am a true believer, and as you, believe that God is one, as the book of God says.  I too hate the wickedness in the world, and especially the hypocrisy that is so evident among many religious people.  They speak of love, but are filled with violence and hate.  I am wondering how you think it is all going to end.

I would like to talk with you about an ancient prophecy that foretells the transformation of the earth into a paradise. May I read to you what the prophet wrote?

“And the wolf will actually reside for a while with the male lamb, and with the kid the leopard itself will lie down, and the calf and the maned young lion and the well-fed animal all together; and a mere little boy will be leader over them. And the cow and the bear themselves will feed; together their young ones will lie down. And even the lion will eat straw just like the bull. And the sucking child will certainly play upon the hole of the cobra; and upon the light aperture of a poisonous snake will a weaned child actually put his own hand. They will not do any harm or cause any ruin in all my holy mountain; because the earth will certainly be filled with the knowledge of Jehovah as the waters are covering the very sea.”

When you say “return” of Christ….?

david
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Aug. 27 2009,05:35)

Actually Islam is more Jehovah's witness than JW's and the reason is Jesus said “Hallowed be thy name” So Islam does not use the name of God other than to call God “The God” because there is no other God to speak of.

Yes, Jesus said “Let you name be sanctified” or “let your name be held as holy.” (Hallow be thy name.)

But how does removing God's name hold it as Holy? That is what the Jews did.
    But Abraham, Moses, all the prophets that you believe in, they used God's name (YHWH). They all used the tetragrammaton.

In fact, in the Hebrew scriptures, we find the tetragrammaton about 6000 times.

It is true as you say, there is no other God to speak of. So, were the prophets wrong? Or was God who inspired them to include his name wrong?
    Or are those who forget his name wrong?
    Who is wrong?

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (david @ Aug. 27 2009,09:52)

Quote (bodhitharta @ Aug. 27 2009,05:32)

Hi Bodhitharta.

When you say “return” of Christ….?

What was the ? for do you not believe that Christ is returning?

Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Aug. 26 2009,18:06)

Quote (942767 @ Aug. 26 2009,15:55)
    Hi BD:

And so, what do you say that Jesus mean by the following statement:

Jesus even said if your eye offend thee gouge it out

He also said,

Mat 5:44   But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;  
    Mat 5:45   That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.

Rom 12:19 Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but [rather] give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance [is] mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Marty,

are you suggesting that God Almighty use to be violent in the OT but somehow changed in the NT?

You are confusing the words of Jesus with the words of God.

Jesus was speaking to the people he was sent to and during times when God commanded the death of a people it was the same God. Why do you think Jesus said I did not come to bring peace? It was because all false prophets would say “peace is what you will have”

Jeremiah 14 (King James Version)

13Then said I, Ah, Lord GOD! behold, the prophets say unto them, Ye shall not see the sword, neither shall ye have famine; but I will give you assured peace in this place.

14Then the LORD said unto me, The prophets prophesy lies in my name: I sent them not, neither have I commanded them, neither spake unto them: they prophesy unto you a false vision and divination, and a thing of nought, and the deceit of their heart.

Ezekiel 13 (King James Version)

16To wit, the prophets of Israel which prophesy concerning Jerusalem, and which see visions of peace for her, and there is no peace, saith the Lord GOD.

Micah 3:4-6 (King James Version)

5Thus saith the LORD concerning the prophets that make my people err, that bite with their teeth, and cry, Peace; and he that putteth not into their mouths, they even prepare war against him.

Matthew 10:33-35 (King James Version)

34Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

No BD:

God is not a God of violence. He is a God of Love, but what you call violence is God's judgement that has already been rendered to those in the OT.

In the NT, judgment will not be rendered until the last day. Those who are not part of the body of Christ and are alive when Jesus comes back for the church will have worshipped the Anti-Christ as God, and will have therefore received the mark of the beast, and will be judged by the 7 last plagues. Those who have died in their sins and are therefore not a part of the body of Christ, will be resurrected in the second resurrection and judged according to their works.

The scripture that you quoted about gouging out your eye if offends, and Jesus also says, “if your right hand offends cut it off”, means that if someone in the body of Christ causes you to sin, cut them off. The procedure as shown in Matthew 18 is that if a brother sins against me, I am to go to him and let him know this, and if repents, I am to forgive him. If he does not repent, then I am to take two or three witnesses with with me and discuss the offence with him, and if he repents, I am to forgive him. If he does not repent, I am to tell the authority in the church, if he repents, I am to forgive him, but if not, the he is to be excommunicated. At this time, then he has been cut off from the body of Christ until such a time that he repents.

The “sword” to which Jesus refers is the Word of God, and there is division that is caused when the Word of God through Christians testifies against sin.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (david @ Aug. 27 2009,09:56)

Yes, Jesus said “Let you name be sanctified” or “let your name be held as holy.” (Hallow be thy name.)

But how does removing God's name hold it as Holy?  That is what the Jews did.
    But Abraham, Moses, all the prophets that you believe in, they used God's name (YHWH).  They all used the tetragrammaton.

It is true as you say, there is no other God to speak of.  So, were the prophets wrong?  Or was God who inspired them to include his name wrong?
    Who is wrong?

I didn't say His name should be forgotten I simply noted that Jesus himself did not use His name in the scriptures stating that the name is Sacred or Holy.

This is important as when men use the name of “The God” they are likely to take His name in vain or Blaspheme just like in the days of the flood.

We know that “Jehovah” is a 16th century translation that is not based in Hebrew so to know God's name we would need to use Arabic because it is it's sister language and has remained unchanged

What then is a “tetragrammaton!” The Jehovah's Witness replies, “Y H W H!”
    “No!” “What I want to know from you is, what does the word tetragrammaton mean?” You will find him most reluctant in explaining. Either he does not really know, or he is feeling embarrassed in replying. “Tetra,” in Greek means FOUR, and “grammaton,” means LETTERS. It simply means “a four letter word.”

Can you read into Y H W H the word Jehovah? I cannot. “No!”, says the Jehovah's Witness, “we ought to add vowels to these four consonents to produce the sound. Originally, both Hebrew and Arabic were written without the vowel signs The native of each language was able to read if even without those vowels. Not so the outsider, for whose benefit the vowels were invented.

THE “J” SICKNESS

Let us add the vowels as the “Witness” suggests. YHWH becomes YeHoWaH. Juggle as you like but you can never materialise Jehovah! Ask him, from which hat he drew his “J”. He will tell you that “this is the 'popular' pronunciation from the 16th century.” The exact sound of the four letters YHWH is known neither to the Jews nor to the Gentiles, yet he is ramming JEHOVAH down everyones throats. The European Christians have developed a fondness (sickness) for the letter “J” They add J's where there are no Jays. Look!

Yael he converts to Joel
    Yehuda to Juda
    Yeheshua to Joshua
    Yusuf to Joseph
    Yunus to Jonah
    Yesus to Jesus
    Yehowa to Jehovah

There is no end to the Westerner's infatuation for the letter “J.” Now in the busy streets of South Africa, he charges people who carelessly cross them for “jay-walking,” but nobody charges him for converting Jewish (Yehudi) names into Gentile names.

The letters Y H W H occur in the Hebrew (Jewish) Scriptures 6 823 times, boasts the Jehovah's Witness, and it occurs in combination with the word “Elohim;” 156 times in the booklet called Genesis alone. This combination YHWH/ELOHIM has been consistently translated in the English Bible as “Lord God,” “Lord God,” Lord God,” ad infinitum.

COMMON ORIGIN

What is YHWH; and what is ELOHIM? Since the lews did not articulate the word YHWH for centuries, and since even the Chief Rabbis would not allow the ineffable to be heard, they have forfeited the right to claim dogmatically how the word is to be sounded. We have to seek the aid of the Arab to revive Hebrew, a language which had once died out. In every linguistic difficulty recourse has to be made to Arabic, a sister language, which has remained alive and viable. Racially and linguistically, the Arabs and the Jews have a common origin, going back to Father Abraham.1

Note the startling resemblance between the languages, very often the same sounding words carry identical meaning in both.

HEBREW ARABIC ENGLISH
    Elah Ilah god
    Ikhud Ahud one
    Yaum Yaum day
    Shaloam Salaam peace
    Yahuwa Ya Huwa oh he

YHWH or Yehova or Yahuwa all mean the very same thing. “Ya” is a vocative and an exclamatory particle in both Hebrew and Arabic, meaning Oh! And “Huwa” or “Hu” means He, again in both Hebrew and Arabic. Together they mean Oh He! So instead of YHWH ELOHIM, we now have Oh He! ELOHIM.

The suffix “IM” of the word “ELOHIM” is a plural of respect in Hebrew.

(Remember that in Arabic and Hebrew there are two types of plurals. One of numbers and the other of honour as in Royal proclamations. Since the plural of honour is uncommon in the language of the European, he has confused these plurals to connote a plurality in the “godhead,” hence his justification for his Doctrine of the Holy Trinity – the Father, Son and Holy Ghost).

Hence ELOHIM = ELOH + IM. Now I want you to perform an exercise. Do you see the words: YA-HUWA ELOH-IM? Place your left hand index finger on the first two letters “YA” meaning oh! and the other index finger on the “IM” a plural of respect. What you now have remaining in Huwa Eloh or Huwa Elah. El in Hebrew means god, and Elah or Eloh also stands for the same name – god. Therefore, “Huwa el Elah” or HUWA 'L LAH, which is identical to the Quranic expression – Huwal lah hu (meaning: HE IS ALLAH) of the verse QUL HUWAL LAH HU AHUD

SAY:
    HE IS ALLAH
    HE IS ONE

Holy Qur'an 112:1

The above exercise proves that El, Elah and Elohim are not three distinctly different words. They all represent the single Arabic word Allah. This is not my wishful thinking. Please see below. It is a photostatic reproduction of a page from the English Bible, edited by Rev. C. I. Scofield,D.D., with his Bible Commentary· This Doctor of Divinity is well respected among the Bible Scholars of the Christian world. He is backed in his “NEW AND IMPROVED EDITION” of this translation by a galaxy of eight other D.D.'s:

Rev. Henry G. Weston, D.D., LL.D., President Crozer Theological jeminary.
    Rev. W. G. Moorehead, D.D., President Xenia (U.I,) Theological Seminary.
    Rev. lames M. Gray, D.D., President Moody Bible Institute.
    Rev. Elmore Harris, D.D., President Toronto Bible Institute.
    Rev. William !. Erdman, D.D., Author “The Gospel of John,” etc.
    Rev. Arthur T. Pierson, D.D., Author, Editor, Teacher, etc.
    Rev. William L. Pettingill, D.D., Author, Editor, Teacher.
    Arno C. Gaebelein, Author “Harmoney of Prophetic Word,” etc.

I have not listed the above luminaries to awe you. They have been unanimous in supporting Rev. Scofield in his “New and Im
    proved” commentary.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Aug. 27 2009,11:44)

Quote (david @ Aug. 27 2009,09:56)

But how does removing God's name hold it as Holy?  That is what the Jews did.
    But Abraham, Moses, all the prophets that you believe in, they used God's name (YHWH).  They all used the tetragrammaton.

It is true as you say, there is no other God to speak of.  So, were the prophets wrong?  Or was God who inspired them to include his name wrong?
    Who is wrong?

I didn't say His name should be forgotten I simply noted that Jesus himself did not use His name in the scriptures stating that the name is Sacred or Holy.

This is important as when men use the name of “The God” they are likely to take His name in vain or Blaspheme just like in the days of the flood.

We know that “Jehovah” is a 16th century translation that is not based in Hebrew so to know God's name we would need to use Arabic because it is it's sister language and has remained unchanged

What then is a “tetragrammaton!” The Jehovah's Witness replies, “Y H W H!”
    “No!” “What I want to know from you is, what does the word tetragrammaton mean?” You will find him most reluctant in explaining. Either he does not really know, or he is feeling embarrassed in replying. “Tetra,” in Greek means FOUR, and “grammaton,” means LETTERS. It simply means “a four letter word.”

Can you read into Y H W H the word Jehovah? I cannot. “No!”, says the Jehovah's Witness, “we ought to add vowels to these four consonents to produce the sound. Originally, both Hebrew and Arabic were written without the vowel signs The native of each language was able to read if even without those vowels. Not so the outsider, for whose benefit the vowels were invented.

THE “J” SICKNESS

Let us add the vowels as the “Witness” suggests. YHWH becomes YeHoWaH. Juggle as you like but you can never materialise Jehovah! Ask him, from which hat he drew his “J”. He will tell you that “this is the 'popular' pronunciation from the 16th century.” The exact sound of the four letters YHWH is known neither to the Jews nor to the Gentiles, yet he is ramming JEHOVAH down everyones throats. The European Christians have developed a fondness (sickness) for the letter “J” They add J's where there are no Jays. Look!

Yael he converts to Joel
    Yehuda to Juda
    Yeheshua to Joshua
    Yusuf to Joseph
    Yunus to Jonah
    Yesus to Jesus
    Yehowa to Jehovah

There is no end to the Westerner's infatuation for the letter “J.” Now in the busy streets of South Africa, he charges people who carelessly cross them for “jay-walking,” but nobody charges him for converting Jewish (Yehudi) names into Gentile names.

The letters Y H W H occur in the Hebrew (Jewish) Scriptures 6 823 times, boasts the Jehovah's Witness, and it occurs in combination with the word “Elohim;” 156 times in the booklet called Genesis alone. This combination YHWH/ELOHIM has been consistently translated in the English Bible as “Lord God,” “Lord God,” Lord God,” ad infinitum.

COMMON ORIGIN

What is YHWH; and what is ELOHIM? Since the lews did not articulate the word YHWH for centuries, and since even the Chief Rabbis would not allow the ineffable to be heard, they have forfeited the right to claim dogmatically how the word is to be sounded. We have to seek the aid of the Arab to revive Hebrew, a language which had once died out. In every linguistic difficulty recourse has to be made to Arabic, a sister language, which has remained alive and viable. Racially and linguistically, the Arabs and the Jews have a common origin, going back to Father Abraham.1

Note the startling resemblance between the languages, very often the same sounding words carry identical meaning in both.

HEBREW ARABIC ENGLISH
    Elah Ilah god
    Ikhud Ahud one
    Yaum  Yaum day
    Shaloam Salaam peace
    Yahuwa Ya Huwa oh he

YHWH or Yehova or Yahuwa all mean the very same thing. “Ya” is a vocative and an exclamatory particle in both Hebrew and Arabic, meaning Oh! And “Huwa” or “Hu” means He, again in both Hebrew and Arabic. Together they mean Oh He! So instead of YHWH ELOHIM, we now have Oh He! ELOHIM.

The suffix “IM” of the word “ELOHIM” is a plural of respect in Hebrew.

(Remember that in Arabic and Hebrew there are two types of plurals. One of numbers and the other of honour as in Royal proclamations. Since the plural of honour is uncommon in the language of the European, he has confused these plurals to connote a plurality in the “godhead,” hence his justification for his Doctrine of the Holy Trinity – the Father, Son and Holy Ghost).

Hence ELOHIM = ELOH + IM. Now I want you to perform an exercise. Do you see the words: YA-HUWA ELOH-IM? Place your left hand index finger on the first two letters “YA” meaning oh! and the other index finger on the “IM” a plural of respect. What you now have remaining in Huwa Eloh or Huwa Elah. El in Hebrew means god, and Elah or Eloh also stands for the same name – god. Therefore, “Huwa el Elah” or HUWA 'L LAH, which is identical to the Quranic expression – Huwal lah hu (meaning: HE IS ALLAH) of the verse QUL HUWAL LAH HU AHUD

SAY:  
    HE IS ALLAH  
    HE IS ONE  

Holy Qur'an 112:1

The above exercise proves that El, Elah and Elohim are not three distinctly different words. They all represent the single Arabic word Allah. This is not my wishful thinking. Please see below. It is a photostatic reproduction of a page from the English Bible, edited by Rev. C. I. Scofield,D.D., with his Bible Commentary· This Doctor of Divinity is well respected among the Bible Scholars of the Christian world. He is backed in his “NEW AND IMPROVED EDITION” of this translation by a galaxy of eight other D.D.'s:

Rev. Henry G. Weston, D.D., LL.D., President Crozer Theological jeminary.
    Rev. W. G. Moorehead, D.D., President Xenia (U.I,) Theological Seminary.
    Rev. lames M. Gray, D.D., President Moody Bible Institute.
    Rev. Elmore Harris, D.D., President Toronto Bible Institute.
    Rev. William !. Erdman, D.D., Author “The Gospel of John,” etc.
    Rev. Arthur T. Pierson, D.D., Author, Editor, Teacher, etc.
    Rev. William L. Pettingill, D.D., Author, Editor, T
    eacher.
    Arno C. Gaebelein, Author “Harmoney of Prophetic Word,” etc.

I have not listed the above luminaries to awe you. They have been unanimous in supporting Rev. Scofield in his “New and Improved” commentary.

Try as many may the truth of God is always there for anyone to see. The Quran sounds like The OT because it is the same God and when He commands action even violent action He has the right to do so.

Look:

“ALLAH” IN EVERY BIBLE AND IN EVERY LANGUAGE

There is no difficulty in our agreeing that in the languages of the world, every nation has given a distinctive name to God. Most of these names are attributive names, describing some aspect of God. But the proper name for God Almighty in the Semitic languages, i.e. in the mother-tongues of Moses, Jesus and Muhummed (Peace be upon them all) is ALLAH! This name is still extant in the Christian Bible in every language of the world. The Christians are boasting that they have translated their Bible into over fifteen hundred languages, more specially the translation of the New Testament. In every Gospel that I have scrutnised in the various languages I find the word “Allah” preserved – English or Afrikaanz, Zulu or Swahili. Why not check up in your own dialect to prove me wrong. I would love to hear from you.

If what I claim is Gospel Truth, then how is it that the whole Christian world of over 1 200 000 000 people have not been aware of it. This is what effective programming or brain-washing can do. They have been trained NOT to see the obvious. Did not Jesus bewail:

“Seeing, they see not, and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.” (Matthew 13:13).

FROM THE LIPS OF JESUS

I ask my Christian visitors, “Do you remember your Gospel narrative, that when Christ was supposed to have been on the cross, he cried out with a loud voice:

“ELOI, ELOI, LAMA SABACHTHANI? which is, being interpreted, My God, My God, why hast thou forsaken me?” (Mark 15:34).

The above is a translation from the Greek manuscripts “ACCORDING TO ST. MARK.” Obviously his Hebrew has a Greek accent. Because, his so-called originals were written in Greek. But listen to Matthew, who is supposed to have written his Gospel originally in Hebrew, which was aimed at the Jews. St. Jerome, an early Christian father of the 4th and 5th centuries after Christ, testifies as follows:

“MATTHEW, WHO IS ALSO LEVI, AND WHO FROM A PUBLICAN CAME TO BE AN APOSTLE, FIRST OF ALL THE EVANGELISTS, COMPOSED A GOSPEL OF CHRIST IN JUDEA IN THE HEBREW LANGUAGE AND CHARACTERS, FOR THE BENEFIT OF THOSE OF THE CIRCUMCISION1 WHO HAD BELIEVED.”

Naturally, Matthew's accent would be more Semitic (Hebrew and Arabic) than that of Mark. Matthew records the same scene as Mark 15:34, but note the variation of the dialect:

Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying ELI, ELI, LAMA SABACHTHANI? that is to say, My God, My God, why hast thou forsaken me'? (Matthew 27:46).

Please memorise the words – “Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani.” (Eli – pronounced like L and I in English) Utter the words – ELI, ELI, LAMA SABACHTHANI; ELI, ELI, LAMA SABACHTHANI, to your Christian friends and neighbours and ask them whether these words – “Eli, Eli,” sounds like “Jehovah, Jehovah!” to them? No! is the answer if they are not deaf. Ask further, whether “Eli, Eli,” sounds like “Abba, Abba!” (meaning father, father! in Hebrew) to them! Again the reply will be “No!” if they are not deaf. Can't they see that the cry is to Allah? “Eli, Eli – Elah, Elah, Allah, Allah!” Let them hear these words from your lips and watch their reactions. No honest per- son can help agreeing with you.

1. Of the circumcision: means those who had been circumcised. Referring to the Jewish converts to Christianity.

ALLELUYA!

Now ask your Christian friend, if he had heard the word – “ALLELUYA.” No Christian worth the name will fail to recognise it. Whenever the Christian goes into ecstasy, he exclaims – “Alleluya! Alleluya!”, just as we Muslims might exclaim the Takbir – “Allahu Akbar! Allahu Akbar!” Ask him, what is Alleluya? Take him to the Book of Revelation, the last book of the New Testament, Chapter 19; we are informed there that John the disciple of Jesus, saw a vision, in which he heard the angels in heaven singing, Alleluya, Alleluya. Ask him again, what is Alleluya! Is it “hip, hip, hooray; hip, hip, hooray!” Are angels in heaven singing – hip, hip, hoorays to God? Every time when God creates a new galaxy, do the angels exclaim – “hip, hip, hooray!” When He explodes a super-nova, do the angels say, “hip, hip, hooray!”? How absurd!

Then what is Alleluya! The last syllable “YA” is a vocative and an exclamatory particle in both Arabic and Hebrew meaning “OH!” In other words YA = OH, (the vocative); and YA = (!), a note of exclamation, or an exclamatory particle, or as is more commonly known an exclamation mark.

The Semite, both Arab and Jew, begins with the exclamatory particle or exclamation mark. The Westerner, in his language ends with the exclamatory particle or exclamation mark, eg. Stop! Go! Fire! Bang!

Let us repeat the above Tasbih (words of praise) as an Arab or a Jew: ALLE-LU-YA will be YA-ALLE-LU because, as explained above, YA is always at the beginning in both Arabic and Hebrew.

YA ALLE LU would be YA ALLA HU: Meaning, “OH ALLAH!” (You are the Only Being Who deserves worship and Praise) “OH ALLAH!” (You are the Only Being Who deserves worship and Praise).

Unbiased Christians will not fail to recognise Allah as none other than his – El, Eli, Alle, Elah, Alah, Allah. Call upon Him by any name, for His are the Most Beautiful names, as long as those names are not contaminated and as long as they do not conjure up in our minds the images of men or monkeys howsoever glorified they might have been

http://www.islambasics.com/view.php?bkID=28&chapter=4

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 26 2009,18:17)
    Hi BD.,
    Again you reject Jesus words but then your lord is not of peace but violence

Hi BD,
    King Jesus will rule on earth and will call up his enemies to be slain in his presence.[lk 19.27]

Your new age belief system is rather odd.

Seems you are not sure about who is your lord. Now you admit Jesus can be violent but when I said it you said I was wrong.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    Do read the scriptures and learn from them.
    Attempting to judge God or His son or His teachings is less wise.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 03 2009,06:15)
    Hi BD,
    Do read the scriptures and learn from them.
    Attempting to judge God or His son or His teachings is less wise.

You didn't answer the question.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi BD,
    Violence is the nature of your god, the god of this world.
    Jesus has all authority and rebels who oppose him and prevent many from coming to him for salvation will feel his recompense.

seekingtruth
    Participant

bodhitharta
    hallelujah, halleluiah [hal-ee-loo-ya] or alleluia
    interj
    an exclamation of praise to God [Hebrew hellēl to praise + yāh the Lord]
    Collins Essential English Dictionary 2nd Edition 2006 © HarperCollins Publishers 2004, 2006

Wikipedia
    Hallelujah, Halleluyah, or Alleluia, is a transliteration of the Hebrew word הַלְּלוּיָהּ (Standard Halleluya, Tiberian Halləlûyāh) meaning “praise (הַלְּלוּ) Yah (יָהּ)”. It is found mainly in the book of Psalms and has a similar pronunciation in many, but not all, languages. The word is used in Judaism as part of the Hallel prayers, and in Christian praise. It has been accepted into the English language.

In the Bible
    The term is used 24 times in the Hebrew Bible (mainly in the book of Psalms, e.g. 111-117, 145-150, where it starts and concludes a number of Psalms) and four times in Greek transliteration in the Christian Book of Revelation.

The word hallelujah occurring in Psalms is a Hebrew request for a congregation to join in praise. It can be translated as “Praise Yah, you people”, and is usually worded in English contexts as “Praise ye the Lord” or “Praise the Lord”. This is not a direct translation, as Yah represents the first two letters of YHWH, the Hebrew personal name for God, and not the title “lord”.[1]

In the Hebrew Bible hallelujah is actually a two-word phrase, not one word. The first part, hallelu, is the second-person imperative masculine plural form of the Hebrew verb hallal.[2] However, “hallelujah” means more than simply “praise Yah”, as the word hallel in Hebrew means a joyous praise, to boast in God, or to act madly or foolishly.[3] The second part, Yah, is a shortened form of the name of God YHWH, sometimes rendered in English as “Yahweh” or “Jehovah”. The Septuagint translates Yah as Kurios (the LORD). In Psalm 150:6 the Hebrew reads kol han'shamah t'hallel yah;[4] the final word “yah” is translated as “the LORD”, or “YHWH”. It appears in the Hebrew Bible as הללו~יה and הללו יה. In Psalm 148:1 the Hebrew says “הללו יה hallelu yah”. It then says “hallelu eth-YHWH” as if using “yah” and “YHWH” interchangeably. The word “Yah” appears by itself as a divine name in poetry about 49 times in the Hebrew Bible (including hallelu yah), such as in Psalm 68:4-5 “who rides upon the deserts by his name Yah” and Exodus 15:2 “Yah is my strength and song”. It also often appears at the end of Israelite theophoric names such as Isaiah “yeshayah(u), Yahweh is salvation” and Jeremiah “yirmeyah(u), Yahweh is exalted”.

Halelujah appears in Revelation 19 in Greek transliteration as “allelouia”, the great song of praise to God for his triumphant reign. This transliteration also appears in the Septuagint.

Usage by Christians
    For most Christians, “Hallelujah” is considered a joyful word of praise to God, rather than an injunction to praise him. In many western denominations, the Alleluia, along with the Gloria in Excelsis Deo, is not spoken or sung in liturgy during the season of Lent, instead being replaced by a Lenten acclamation, while in Eastern Churches, Alleluia is chanted throughout the lent in the beginning of the Matins service, replacing the Theos Kyrios, which is considered more joyful. At the Easter service and throughout the Pentecostarion, Christos anesti is used in the place where Hallelujah is chanted in the western rite.

Among many Christians, the expressions of Hallelujah and Praise the Lord are acceptable, spontaneous expressions of joy, thanksgiving and praise towards God, requiring no specific prompting or call or direction from those leading times of praise and singing.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Oct. 03 2009,10:01)
    Hi BD,
    Violence is the nature of your god, the god of this world.
    Jesus has all authority and rebels who oppose him and prevent many from coming to him for salvation will feel his recompense.

is the recompense violent?

Viewing 17 posts - 81 through 97 (of 97 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account