Giving up trying to live the christian life

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    Guncher
    Participant

Today, I thought of giving up as a christian
    My confidence in prayer is zero. I sin to much.and wonder if I am past Gods forgiveness
    I cannot feel Gods prescence. I feel dead inside

Lightenup
    Participant

Hello Guncher,
    What you are experiencing is not uncommon for a Christian from time to time. We must never give up on the Lord but instead surrender to His righteousness and payment for our sin which, btw is big enough for the worst of the worst sinners.

Let love guide you and cling to the Father and the Son who love you with an everlasting love and be filled by their Holy Spirit to love them and love others. Focus on loving others and not on your failures. All of us fall short of the glory of God but through the righteous of Jesus and faith in His righteousness and not ouselves, you will find new life.

Hang in there…you are loved by the God of gods and the Lord of lords!!

princess
    Participant

Guncher

Maybe the christian life is not for you have you explored other faiths?

seekingtruth
    Participant

Guncher,
    I was there too but this verse helped me a lot. After Jesus gave them a reason to leave, “to whom shall we go? You have the words (the message) of eternal life.” ) Please think it over.

Wm

princess
    Participant

Guncher,

Where do you want to be right now in your christian life?

seekingtruth
    Participant

Guncher,

2besee
    Participant

Hi Guncher.

You don't really want to give it up, just something has happened, right?

You are going through a hard time and you are feeling separated to God, it happens. So we need to try and get back.

I will be praying for you, and for all of us who often feel the same.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Guncher @ Nov. 24 2012,02:05)
    My confidence in prayer is zero. I sin to much.and wonder if I am past Gods forgiveness

You might be on the road to a more ethical existence, one that doesn't denigrate your humanity or require you to believe nonsense as a kind of buy-in strategy.

Stuart

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Guncher @ Nov. 24 2012,02:05)

Hi Guncher,

“For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things.” (1John 3:20)

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Proclaimer
    Participant

If we believe in God then we have a covenant with him so when we sin, he is just and faithful to forgive our sins.

Guncher
    Participant

Thanks Guys
    No other religion or faith can get me to God
    Salvation is only through Jesus. Of this I am certain
    My situation is one of wrestling against sinful habits. Failure to overcome these has led me to despair
    How can I be a christian and still do these thing, is a question in my mind
    I pray for victory but I dont change
    Guys I will reflect on the encouraging words
    It helps to know that others have been where. I am
    I will NOT give up
    Thanks

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Guncher @ Nov. 24 2012,19:27)
    Thanks Guys
    My situation is one of wrestling against sinful habits. Failure to overcome these has led me to despair
    I pray  for victory but I dont change
    I will NOT give up
    Thanks

I guess you should just carry on beating yourself up for being a human then.

Stuart

princess
    Participant

Stuart

Be nice, Guncher has chosen. Believing you have no worth is a hard to overcome once it is installed. We do live in a instant world these days. I believe that the religious are taking on the same thought process. However I cannot really speak it is said that patience is to grow when you get older, mine is the opposite. Form of regressing I suppose, perhaps I am starting my second childhood how exciting!

Stu
    Participant

Quote (princess @ Nov. 24 2012,21:47)
    Stuart

Be nice, Guncher has chosen. Believing you have no worth is a hard to overcome once it is installed. We do live in a instant world these days. I believe that the religious are taking on the same thought process. However I cannot really speak it is said that patience is to grow when you get older, mine is the opposite. Form of regressing I suppose, perhaps I am starting my second childhood how exciting!

There are all sorts of reasons for people self-flagellating.

Christianity is amongst the least worthy of them.

Stuart

princess
    Participant

I concur. Finding your worth is something that can only be brought about by oneself, christianity does not teach such. I think they have crossed trained it to be considered being humble.

The first snow of the year is here today Stuart.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Guncher @ Nov. 24 2012,19:27)
    Thanks Guys
    I pray  for victory but I dont change
    I will NOT give up
    Thanks

Perhaps some of the things you think are sins are not sins at all maybe just bad habits, I know many religious people who assume all sorts of things are sins when they are really in fact not.

Smoking anything or taking drugs is not a sin it's just unhealthy at some point. Gambling is not a sin it's just destructive at a point. Drinking alcohol same thing, using bad language same thing.

Other than those type of behaviours you have your sexual sins if those are your issues then pray about them, have faith and always at least try to do better each day but remember also Paul:

2 Corinthians 12:7-9

King James Version (KJV)

7 And lest I should be exalted above measure through the abundance of the revelations, there was given to me a thorn in the flesh, the messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I should be exalted above measure.

8 For this thing I besought the Lord thrice, that it might depart from me.

9 And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

as you continue to Glorify God it will strengthen your Spirit take the focus off of what you cannot do and put it on what you can do, love a little more be a little more grateful of what God has given you.

Which one of the favors of your lord will you deny?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Well put, Asana.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi BD and Mike,

Agreed!

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

seekingtruth
    Participant

Wow, four of us agree (call Guinness might be a record)

Stu
    Participant

The same writer…presumably in another mood:

Romans 1:24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
    1:25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
    1:26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
    1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
    1:28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
    1:29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
    1:30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
    1:31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
    1:32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

Not much “glorying in my infirmities” there.

Stuart

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account