Getting to know You

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 382 total)
  • Author
    charity
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Aug. 16 2008,05:28)

Quote (charity @ Aug. 15 2008,21:25)
    this is one of my hide outs!!!

Next time you want to hide-out, call ME sista!

:;):

My hide-out is the bathroom!  It's the only room in the house that I can lock the door and have some privacy from the kids.

:laugh:

Bathroom thats not a Good Place to bury your head in the Sand. Mandy..LOL

OH this is A great for the Kids.. :D WE CAN take them with us!!!! besides we can use em to push the car if we get bogged in the deep sand
    :laugh:

charity
    Participant

Thanks for the pictures…Nice shots :)
    did you drive up the beach, or catch the Kingfisher over?

t lingo…I operated t11 & t14 vans

Proclaimer
    Participant

I have a friend in Noosa and I booked a day tour.

I arrived here and then if I remember rightly we took a 4 wheel drive to the interior of the island.

But I cannot remember who ran the tour, it was back in 2002 or thereabouts. The tour was informative and the guide explained all about the unique properties of the island and why it had a heritage listing. I remember he said something about the river levels reflecting the rainfall of decades ago, because it took that long for the water to seep though the sand and come out as rivers. So a drought could still have a high river level and a flood could have a low river level.

What really impressed me about that island was the sand around the lakes looked like snow and the water in the rivers was so clear you couldn't actually see it, except for the ripples.

That photo of the rain forest I displayed earlier shows how hard it is to see the river.

Irene
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Aug. 16 2008,14:28)
    I have a friend in Noosa and I booked a day tour.

I arrived here and then if I remember rightly we took a 4 wheel drive to the interior of the island.

But I cannot remember who ran the tour, it was back in 2002 or thereabouts. The tour was informative and the guide explained all about the unique properties of the island and why it had a heritage listing. I remember he said something about the river levels reflecting the rainfall of decades ago, because it took that long for the water to seep though the sand and come out as rivers. So a drought could still have a high river level and a flood could have a low river level.

What really impressed me about that island was the sand around the lakes looked like snow and the water in the rivers was so clear you couldn't actually see it, except for the ripples.

That photo of the rain forest I displayed earlier shows how hard it is to see the river.

t8 That is like Paradise to me, I love it. We have one Lake close to Cumberland Lake, that is as beautiful, with Crystal clear water. Lake Dale Hallow. It has several Islands. Very secluded. We named our own Island for our Family, and called it Skippy Island. It has several cliffs were the boys jumped off. One of our boys Water skied 30 miles on one foot. One Island belongs to the Boy Scout's of America.
    Those were the good old days.
    Peace and Love Irene

charity
    Participant

Sounds Nice Mrs … :D :D

charity
    Participant

HI t8

okay MAYBE You came from Noosa across the river, the tours follow up the sea coast line TO  Rainbow beach, past the ship reck? and crossed to fraser from there. Thats the real fun way!!
    The  SCIENCE and Nature is wounderfull,  and the critters are big!

Thanks t8, that made my day

charity

Proclaimer
    Participant

Yeah that is the way I came. Here is the shipwreck.

The sun direction made it hard to photograph the wreck though.

I made your day, great.

Oh, the other thing I remember was that the island is the biggest sand island on earth and the Great Barrier Reef ends at the northern end of the island because the sand chokes the reef.

:)

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Irene @ Aug. 16 2008,14:58)
    t8 That is like Paradise to me, I love it. We have one Lake close to Cumberland Lake, that is as beautiful, with Crystal clear water. Lake Dale Hallow. It has several Islands. Very secluded. We named our own Island for our Family, and called it Skippy Island. It has several cliffs were the boys jumped off. One of our boys Water skied 30 miles on one foot. One Island belongs to the Boy Scout's of America.
    Those were the good old days.
    Peace and Love Irene

Why don't you relive the good ol days and water ski on one foot for 30 miles? It's never too late.

:D

charity
    Participant

Water skiings safer than snow skiing…Now trees :D

charity
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Aug. 16 2008,15:28)
    Yeah that is the way I came. Here is the shipwreck.

The sun direction made it hard to photograph the wreck though.

I made your day, great.

Oh, the other thing I remember was that the island is the biggest sand island on earth and the Great Barrier Reef ends at the northern end of the island because the sand chokes the reef.

:)

Hey that’s not a bad shot t8, Keep them safe, she worworse with weather, becoming a danger, and they have removed her now, bit like the twin towns she is missed on the horizons… .gone for good

:(

The Barrie reef has slowly expanded south now, almost reaching Noosa, I often notice the strutures, the sand moves, as the water ways increase and decrease, the whole place is at times unrecognizable from one visit to the next.
    and some big wig in concil, steels the sand from my side by Dredging it over to his side ..lol

:D

Proclaimer
    Participant

I didn't see any dingos when I was there. What happened to them?
    Here is a dingo in Southern Queensland somewhere.

charity
    Participant

singing Dingo

Arrrr

Its all a bit Sad, they have destroyed many due to people feeding them, and being a little over curious to get closer to them.

they hang around the resorts taking shelter underneath, also close by camping grounds another place is where the Main Land   vehicle barge arrives.

Its the Kangaroos, they come out from the side and hit ya Smile…seriously..  Some how their brain just fails them in a over whelmed anxiety I guess.
    They make a mess…and then take off into the bush. if they can

Irene
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Aug. 16 2008,18:09)
    I didn't see any dingos when I was there. What happened to them?
    Here is a dingo in Southern Queensland somewhere.

Sorry I don't know what Dingo's are? Looks like a Fox or a coyote. Will you believe we had one go through our yard not to long ago. Did not know what it was either, a coyote or Fox. We have Deer all the time too. And we live in the Cincinnati area. We have 1 acre lot for our House and our neighbor has 2 acres, one all woods and one half woods and their House on the other. We also live close to a lake. So the Deer go back and forth. Last year we had all kinds of Finch. I love the yellow Finch. Our Hummingbirds are so small this year. They are so cute when they chase each other. Georg was sitting on the porch on morning and one of the Hummingbirds came right close to His Face and looked Him straight in the eyes. They are not afraid at all. Sorry that is enough of me rattling about our House.
    Love Irene

Proclaimer
    Participant

A dingo is one of the original breeds of wild dog I think. The ones on Fraser Island are pure breeds from what I understand. They are probably more like wolfs or coyotes, than foxes.

They have been known to attack and kill humans when they are hungry.

charity
    Participant

:D Hi Mrs

I remember going to the Grand Canon, Arizona, and the deer’s in amongst the light fall of snow, was so pretty, I'll never forget that!
    also I thought I saw a hyena, (spelling?) on the side of the road,
    Could that be right?
    I never was sure!.

Dog heaven is filled with dingoes,
    yet Would you say a WOLF is A Dog??

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Irene @ Aug. 16 2008,18:45)
    Sorry I don't know what Dingo's are? Looks like a Fox or a coyote. Will you believe we had one go through our yard not to long ago. Did not know what it was either, a coyote or Fox. We have Deer all the time too. And we live in the Cincinnati area. We have 1 acre lot for our House and our neighbor has 2 acres, one all woods and one half woods and their House on the other. We also live close to a lake. So the Deer go back and forth. Last year we had all kinds of Finch. I love the yellow Finch. Our Hummingbirds are so small this year. They are so cute when they chase each other. Georg was sitting on the porch on morning and one of the Hummingbirds came right close to His Face and looked Him straight in the eyes. They are not afraid at all. Sorry that is enough of me rattling about our House.
    Love Irene

I saw my first Hummingbird when I went to Colombia. I actually thought it was a kids toy and looked around for a kid with a remote control, because this thing was really small and flew like a dragonfly. It also had a base fluorescent green colour and reflected all sorts of other colours too. Are they like that in the USA?

After that, I was determined to photograph them, but they moved too fast and I never got a clean shot in the 18 months I was there. I got this shot of a couple of parrots in the Colombian Amazon though.

The following birds are parrots from New Zealand.

The worlds largest parrot. They are notorious for vandalizing cars and stealing jewelery.

The following parrot is called a Kaka and they are quite rare.

charity
    Participant

Our Foxe’s are small, a pure breed standard Fox terrier dog is bigger, and they are smallest among dogs, as far as I know?

Proclaimer
    Participant

Yeah I haven't done a bungee jump because I don't want to even take the small risk that something could go wrong. I remember as a kid the rope swings we made always snapped on me. I wasn't even a big kid. One time really early in the morning I went on a rope swing in a forest behind our house and I fell on my back onto a rock, lost my breath and couldn't breathe till I passed out. When I awoke, I wondered why I was in the forest and not in my bed. My memory came back shortly afterward.

charity
    Participant

he he… yer Im sure I have nine lives, the things I did when I was Kid, my brother saved ny life at least twice  that I can remeber. :)  I still cant do that tower bundge jump, but my sister did…. bugger

seekingtruth
    Participant

T8

I saw my first Hummingbird when I went to Colombia. I actually thought it was a kids toy and looked around for a kid with a remote control, because this thing was really small and flew like a dragonfly. It also had a base fluorescent green colour and reflected all sorts of other colours too. Are they like that in the USA?

If it was real small it may have been a moth, we have both the bird and the moth in Michigan. I've got a shot of the somewhere will see if I can find it.

If you didn't know there was a moth that looks like a hummingbird neither did I till I saw it and we looked it up online.

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 382 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account