Getting to know You

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 382 total)
  • Author
    seekingtruth
    Participant

Ich bin auch Deutsch.

I really do not speak much German, worked for Bosch for a few years and spent some time over there in the late 80's, loved it. My last name is actually the same as a small town in southern Germany, I know my Grandparents came from Germany but not sure from where.

I have two son's 29 and 16, a wonderful wife married 34 years in Oct. and we live in Michigan, USA. Other then a few VBS I didn't attend church growing up but at age 24 by the grace of God I put my faith in a revelation of what the Father had done through His Son. I still attend our local church despite disagreeing with the AOG doctrine (as a light to others). I'm now 53 years old and the Father has proven Himself to me over and over and He is worthy of ALL praise.

Blessings to all my brothers and sisters here – Wm

Proclaimer
    Participant

I confess to not seeing this discussion before.

I am 44 years old and am married to a lovely Colombian lady and we have a son who is 2 and a half years old.

We live in New Zealand and we have lived in Colombia. Quite extreme because Colombia is one of the most dangerous countries on earth and New Zealand is probably the safest or one of them. So going from one to the other is about as extreme as it gets.

My wife is a lawyer and I am a Webmaster and have a real day time job, but also have a collection of websites that I am trying to make enough money to work full time on as I would prefer to work from home and have more time (including more time here).

I love travel and photography and have a keen interest in most sciences and also the Internet.

I like sport but don't participate much these days, but do confess to whipping a skateboard out the back of my car sometimes and carving up a ramp at night when all the kids are at home.

Irene
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Aug. 14 2008,21:15)
    I confess to not seeing this discussion before.

I am 44 years old and am married to a lovely Colombian lady and we have a son who is 2 and a half years old.

We live in New Zealand and we have lived in Colombia. Quite extreme because Colombia is one of the most dangerous countries on earth and New Zealand is probably the safest or one of them. So going from one to the other is about as extreme as it gets.

My wife is a lawyer and I am a Webmaster and have a real day time job, but also have a collection of websites that I am trying to make enough money to work full time on as I would prefer to work from home and have more time (including more time here).

I love travel and photography and have a keen interest in most sciences and also the Internet.

I like sport but don't participate much these days, but do confess to whipping a skateboard out the back of my car sometimes and carving up a ramp at night when all the kids are at home.

Thank you so much t8 for telling us your story. Having a 2 year old must be fun. They are so cute at a young age, I have always enjoyed ours when they wer young.
    Wow skateboarding, to each His own!!!! I found a picture of New Zealand and find it quit beautiful.
    Peace and Love Irene

Proclaimer
    Participant

Thanks Irene. Yes two year olds are really wonderful. They are just so cute and it is great watching someone grow up and experience things for the first time. You kind of go through everything yourself with them.

Here are some pics of New Zealand.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Proclaimer
    Participant

Proclaimer
    Participant

Here is Colombia:

Not3in1
    Participant

Parts of NZ look a lot like Seattle, WA. Your tower also looks like our Space Needle. Neat! Although we do not have deserts and tropical elements.

Thanks for sharing about you and your family, t8. Let's see, you have a two year old…..time to add a sibling, huh? :;):
    Love,
    Mandy

Proclaimer
    Participant

More Colombia.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Aug. 15 2008,15:31)
    Parts of NZ look a lot like Seattle, WA.  Your tower also looks like our Space Needle.  Neat!  Although we do not have deserts and tropical elements.

Thanks for sharing about you and your family, t8.  Let's see, you have a two year old…..time to add a sibling, huh?   :;):
    Love,
    Mandy

Yeah that tower is suppose to be the highest in the southern hemisphere. It also has a bungee jump from it.

Yes another sibling would be great.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Aug. 15 2008,15:31)
    Parts of NZ look a lot like Seattle, WA.  Your tower also looks like our Space Needle.  Neat!  Although we do not have deserts and tropical elements.

Thanks for sharing about you and your family, t8.  Let's see, you have a two year old…..time to add a sibling, huh?   :;):
    Love,
    Mandy

I went to Vancouver and the scenery looked very much like the South Island in New Zealand. I suppose that Seattle and Oregon would be similar. Except the vegetation in New Zealand is mostly temperate rain forest and ancient Beech forest. We have pine trees, but they are imported and are classed as a crop for harvesting wood.

In New Zealand there are about 30 micro-climates. A lot of movies get made here because the scenery is so diverse.

e.g., I live in a lush wet and often windy city, but half an hour over a mountain and the region is warmer and drier with a burgeoning wine industry.

Irene
    Participant

Wow t8 what a wonderful coumtry. You have it all. Thank you again for sharing all.
    Peace and Love Irene

charity
    Participant
    charity
    Participant
    Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (charity @ Aug. 15 2008,20:41)
    Have ya done this yet t8?

No never done a bungee jump. I hear it is free if you don't use the rope, :D

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (charity @ Aug. 15 2008,21:25)
    this is one of my hide outs!!!

Nice.

I actually went to Fraser Island and I loved it. Especially Lake McKenzie. It was just unreal.

Here are some pics from that trip.

Not3in1
    Participant

Next time you want to hide-out, call ME sista!

:;):

My hide-out is the bathroom! It's the only room in the house that I can lock the door and have some privacy from the kids.

:laugh:

Irene
    Participant

t8 and Charity Just gorgous. Thank you for sharing.
    Irene :D :D :D

Irene
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Aug. 16 2008,05:28)

Next time you want to hide-out, call ME sista!

:;):

My hide-out is the bathroom!  It's the only room in the house that I can lock the door and have some privacy from the kids.

:laugh:

Mandy Got you beat, I have my own bedroom with a big Screen T.V.
    Irene :laugh:

charity
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Aug. 16 2008,02:19)

Quote (charity @ Aug. 15 2008,20:41)
    Have ya done this yet t8?

No never done a bungee jump. I hear it is free if you don't use the rope, :D

The glass floor lift is a screamer .. :cool:

it takes faith in a safe systems to go ahead and jump.

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 382 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account