Getting to know You

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 341 through 360 (of 382 total)
  • Author
    Tiffany
    Participant

To all! I started this tread to fellowship and get to know each other. Now however what are we doing? Don't we have enough other treads to debate scriptures? Is it not allowed to let others know what we are all about? I said before to you Nick it you didn't want to participate in this don't. Please don't spoil it for other.
    God is Love and in Love I address others, nothing wrong with that. So judge me if you please.
    :blues: :blues:

theodorej
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 08 2008,03:53)
    Hi TJ,
    All will have a second chance?
    WWCG doctrine?

Hebrews 9:27
    And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

Greetings Nick…..Iam not sure if you agree with what I have come to believe….Yes! “It is appointed unto man to die and then the judgement”…..In keeping with what most christians have come to believe,and that is that, God is a loving mercifull God and the essense of fairness and justice….If we can agree on this precept,than the judgement you speak of will indeed come,however,after everyone has the opportunity to see God as he truely is,and inspite of that, some will make a conscious decision to reject Gods government and as a consequence will cease to exist or be consumed by fire as though they were cremated…(not to suffer torment for ever but cease to exist forever)This seems to me to be the actions of a loving and just God….Torment will be reserved for certain rebelious spirit beings because they cannot be destroyed…

Stu
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Dec. 07 2008,09:53)

Quote (kejonn @ Dec. 06 2008,12:06)
    What truth? If one peruses the various threads in the “Believer” section, you'd find that this “truth” is obviously very subjective. That is the way religion works.

Lets face it, something is the truth.
    So it would be fair to assume that some are closer than others.
    I think it would also be fair to say that those who seek it earnestly have a better chance of finding it.
    And those who are open to intellectual arguments that satisfy there bias are less open to it.

So if that is the case, then you would find exactly what you find here.

So to throw out the pursuit of truth because of these hurdles is to basically say that the truth isn't worth the investigation and trouble of trying to be honest, open, innocent, and humble.

So I carry on unhindered by your doubts.

There is the faintest chance that I could be wrong in what I believe the truth to be. I am always ready to be shown how my perception does not match reality.

Either you are being hypocritical, or you concede you could be wrong about your perception of reality.

Which is it?

Stuart

Proclaimer
    Participant

To not believe in God is foolishness.
    I believe that, and you do not.
    Either way, one of us must be foolish because there is either a God/Creator or there isn't.
    I think I have aptly explained why there must be one. That is ignoring any personal experience and only looking at reason and reality side of the question.

Tiffany
    Participant

Quote (Tiffany @ Dec. 08 2008,14:18)
    To all!  I started this tread to fellowship and get to know each other. Now however what are we doing? Don't we have enough other treads to debate scriptures? Is it not allowed to let others know what we are all about? I said before to you Nick it you didn't want to participate in this don't. Please don't spoil it for other.
    God is Love and in Love I address others, nothing wrong with that. So judge me if you please.
    :blues: :blues:

To Dream the Impossible Dream
    Is to unreal for ignorence is able to stand.
    So stop to reach the impossible Dream
    It will never come true in this world full of sorrow.
    So forget that you are here, just leave and be of good cheer.
    Bye-bye
    Peace and Love Irene
    e

meerkat
    Participant

Quote (charity @ Dec. 07 2008,15:47)
    no problem Nick I don see any sanity in fiddling with that which has been fiddled with anyway!

Hi Charity,

I agree!!

Tiffany
    Participant

Quote (theodorej @ Dec. 08 2008,23:36)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 08 2008,03:53)
    Hi TJ,
    All will have a second chance?
    WWCG doctrine?

Hebrews 9:27
    And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

Greetings Nick…..Iam not sure if you agree with what I have come to believe….Yes! “It is appointed unto man to die and then the judgement”…..In keeping with what most christians have come to believe,and that is that, God is a loving mercifull God and the essense of fairness and justice….If we can agree on this precept,than the judgement you speak of will indeed come,however,after everyone has the opportunity to see God as he truely is,and inspite of that, some will make a conscious decision to reject Gods government and as a consequence will cease to exist or be consumed by fire as though they were cremated…(not to suffer torment for ever but cease to exist forever)This seems to me to be the actions of a loving  and just God….Torment will be reserved for certain rebelious spirit beings because they cannot be destroyed…

theodorej  not to many people believe that they not either go to Heaven or burn forever in Hell. To understand that we have a loving God who wants everyone to be saved, is a truth that not everyone does understand. He is given us enough time to grow into His Truth. For those that seek Him they will find. That is a promise from the Father and He is given us to Jesus and Jesus will not loose us.
    But you are right in spite all that God is doing for us, some will still will go with Satan at the end time. The lake of fire will burn up with Satan and Anti-Christ and all evil Spirits in it.
    Then we will have finally peace on earth, no more tears, no more sorrow only peace and Love etc.

Peace and Love Irene

charity
    Participant

Quote (meerkat @ Dec. 10 2008,12:27)

Quote (charity @ Dec. 07 2008,15:47)
    no problem Nick I don see any sanity in fiddling with that which has been fiddled with anyway!

Hi Charity,

I agree!!

thanx meerkat :)

charity
    Participant

CHRISTMAS TIME &THE reindeer

According to the Alaska Department of Fish and Game, while both male and female reindeer grow antlers in the summer each year, male reindeer drop their antlers at the beginning of winter, usually late November to mid-December. Female reindeer retain their antlers
    till after they give birth in the spring.

Therefore, according to EVERY historical rendition depicting Santa's reindeer, EVERY single one of them, from Rudolph to Blitzen, had to be a girl.

charity
    Participant

Okay…. “Well” nobody to blame if Santa cant get his myth right”

Next!! has Cinderella got it right this time?

Cinderella

I’m standing on the stairs in a magnificent hall
    Wearing the dress that I bought for the ball
    It’s long and flowing, sparkling white
    My tiara of diamonds shines in the light

At the bottom of the stairs you’re waiting for me
    And I gracefully float down for all to see
    You take my hand and touch my face
    You’re the only one I notice in the expansive space

We’re now dancing in shadows of flickering light
    Holding each other close, holding each other tight
    You kiss my neck and then touch my face
    Then kiss my lips in a loving embrace

Time stands still whilst we are together
    Feels so good, it seems like forever
    I look at the clock, that cannot be right
    But the bells start to chime, confirming midnight

But there’s no need to leave
    From the ball tonight
    I’ll be with you my prince
    For the rest of our life.

– Becci Iddon –

Stu
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Dec. 09 2008,21:05)
    To not believe in God is foolishness.
    I believe that, and you do not.
    Either way, one of us must be foolish because there is either a God/Creator or there isn't.
    I think I have aptly explained why there must be one. That is ignoring any personal experience and only looking at reason and reality side of the question.

So when you write “So to throw out the pursuit of truth because of these hurdles is to basically say that the truth isn't worth the investigation and trouble of trying to be honest, open, innocent, and humble.” how are you being open or honest or humble? You can't see that you could be wrong.

Stuart

Proclaimer
    Participant

Stu you haven't got a clue as to which of the 3 instances brought about the cosmos. A creator, always there in some form, appeared from nothing. Therefore you are wrong right off the bat. Statistically speaking I have a 1 in 3 chance of believing correctly that there is a creator and outside of that, there is heaps of evidence for it, and none to say that things can appear from nothing and that the cosmos never had a beginning. Even scientists agree that it began.

So given the evidence I know what I believe and this is aside any personal experience with the creator.

And you haven't given any evidence to the contrary, so if you were trying to win a debate here, then you need to at least come up with something, but so far you have nothing.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Dec. 13 2008,08:55)
    Stu you haven't got a clue as to which of the 3 instances brought about the cosmos. A creator, always there in some form, appeared from nothing. Therefore you are wrong right off the bat. Statistically speaking I have a 1 in 3 chance of believing correctly that there is a creator and outside of that, there is heaps of evidence for it, and none to say that things can appear from nothing and that the cosmos never had a beginning. Even scientists agree that it began.

So given the evidence I know what I believe and this is aside any personal experience with the creator.

And you haven't given any evidence to the contrary, so if you were trying to win a debate here, then you need to at least come up with something, but so far you have nothing.

Didn't see anything honest, open, innocent, or humble there either.

It is a logical fallacy to say that you believe this and I believe that and therefore I have a 50% chance of being right.

Stuart

charity
    Participant

happy holidays Nz….

t8, Nick & stu,
    have a nice Christmas day.

love charity

Tiffany
    Participant

Quote (charity @ Dec. 24 2008,18:36)
    happy holidays Nz….

t8, Nick & stu,
    have a nice Christmas day.

love charity

charity What about all chicks? :D :D :D Merry Christmas

Peace and Love Irene

charity
    Participant

ya k NOW MRS

THE ONES WHO LOVE US MOST, WE IGNORE , TAKE FOR GRANTED!!! SO OFTEN THE ONES WE IGNORE HAVE TOTALLY ADORED US.

THANKS FOR EVERY ANSWER, EVEN EVERY SMILE.
    i NOTICE HOW MUCH YOU CARE FOR ME, BUT SOMETIMES FOR SOME REASON, ITS HARD TO RESPOND.-CHARITY

Harmony
    Participant

Wow, it's been a while since I last was here!
    Had a lightning strike that took out my computer last June, and am still not back up to par on all things computer-wise.
    Married 33 years, 2 kids, and 3 grandkids. Have 8 parrots, 5 are rescue/rehomes and 3 dogs, shelties. It's never really quiet here! :laugh:
    I now make and sell jewelry between house cleaning and critters… a friend is setting up a web site for me…. still a lot to learn!
    Glad I found my way back here!! :D

NickHassan
    Participant

Welcome back Harmony,
    Six of our children and our 8 grandchildren arrive this weekend.

Tiffany
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 27 2008,05:14)
    Welcome back Harmony,

Nick! So congratulations you have at least 6 children. Wow, Wow, and 8 Grandchildren. You got us beat, we have 7 Grandchildren, you beat us. They are lots of work, but also lots of fun. Can see those smiling faces and twinkling and sparkling eyes. The years when they are small are the happiest of all IMO. Time flies by so fast, enjoy while you can.
    So I wish you a happy weekend. Don't eat to much.

Peace and Love Irene

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 27 2008,05:14)
    Welcome back Harmony,

Hi Nick:

I hope that you have a nice visit with your chidren and grandchildren. You say six of our children…are there more than six?

Viewing 20 posts - 341 through 360 (of 382 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account