Gennao

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 61 through 69 (of 69 total)
  • Author
    JustAskin
    Participant

Ah, Mike. I see. You mean at Pentecost. Ok.

The answer is 'no', because that was more of a mass baptism with the limited amounts of Holy Spirit given to each individual.

Jesus' was 'without measure'

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi MB,
    Seek to be those in the first resurrection.[Heb4]
    They do not come under judgement but have have ALREADY passed from death to life.[Jn5, Rom6]

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 31 2010,07:55)
    Hi MB,
    Seek to be those in the first resurrection.[Heb4]
    They do not come under judgement but have have ALREADY passed from death to life.[Jn5, Rom6]

Hi Nick,

That is the hope, for sure. The second death has no hold over those.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (JustAskin @ May 31 2010,07:47)
    Ah, Mike. I see. You mean at Pentecost. Ok.

The answer is 'no', because that was more of a mass baptism with the limited amounts of Holy Spirit given to each individual.

Jesus' was 'without measure'

No what?

I don't get it. It says they were anointed by Holy Spirit, right?

JustAskin
    Participant

Hi Mike,

Being anointed, alone, is only half the story. Anointing just means 'being picked out', 'set apart'. The 'begetting' comes later.

David was anointed with Holy Oil by Samuel long before he became begotten and made King.

Mordecai, set apart from the other jew by refusing to bow to Haman. Haman sins and falls out of favour with the king, falls in his own gallows.
    Mordecai is begotten, taken up, in his place as overseer in Haman's place.

Jesus was anointed with the Holy Spirit at his baptism but was only 'begotten' after being raised from the dead, taken up to heaven and made 'king'.

Just see the analogy… “I saw Satan fall like lightening from Heaven'. Then Jesus becomes King.

Saul 'fell' from grace from before God. Then David becomes King.

“For he taketh away the first in order to establish the second”

Fractal…repeated themes…Scriptures qualified (Always, at least, two, there are? A testiment and a qualifier)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi JA,
    The anointing in oil in the OT was associated with anointing with the enabling Spirit of grace.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (JustAskin @ May 31 2010,10:40)
    Jesus was anointed with the Holy Spirit at his baptism but was only 'begotten' after being raised from the dead, taken up to heaven and made 'king'.

Hi JA,

I gave you the url in the pm, remember? Do you remember one of the other definitions of “genao” was “used in terms of bringing another over to the truth” or something close to that?

That is the Onesimus use. Most other times in the Bible, it means what it says: “caused to exist”.

Why can't you accept that Jesus was begotten of God and therefore became the “firstborn of all creation”?

I'm not slamming, I seriously want to know what holds you back from this truth? Where does it say God “appointed” Jesus as His only begotten Son?

peace and love,
    mike

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

JA……..I think that word (ONLY) should be more properly pronounced (UNIQUELY) begotten Son. Those who have GOD Spirit (IN) them are all being Begotten of GOD. IMO

peace and love ………………..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

Topical

Viewing 9 posts - 61 through 69 (of 69 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account