Gennao

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 69 total)
  • Author
    kenrch
    Participant

Quote (TimothyVI @ May 25 2007,22:46)
    Hi Not3in1,

The problem with your belief system is that it makes too much sense to the common, average, everyday thinking
    human being. Don't you know that it is imperative to theological thinking that everything about God must be somehow shrouded in mystery and mystical ideas so deep that almost no one can understand the nature of God and His relationship to His Son.

Come on “sour-puss”. What fun would a God that people understood be?

Tim

Amen!

Not3in1
    Participant

Come on “sour-puss”. What fun would a God that people understood be?
    Tim, you made me laugh this morning! Thank you, I needed that. Last night was a rough night for me, I confess; and women are generally more affected by emotional things than are men. So, possibly I was a little too abrupt in my posts last night (sorry Nick and who ever else that I might have cut off at the knees! :) )

However, that being said, I still believe that “Gennao” allows for true conception. And brothers, without true conception the birth of Jesus is a sham! Why is this not something that you are contending for? True conception allows Jesus to be his own person. If there was not a true conception…………..Jesus is not his own person. Do you really want that? For me, it changes everything.

Not3in1
    Participant

The problem with your belief system is that it makes too much sense to the common, average, everyday thinking
    human being.
    EXACTLY! Even a child can understand the gospel this way. Words mean what they are supposed to mean (no hidden codes or messages or need to quilt-together scriptures).

Not3in1
    Participant

Don't you know that it is imperative to theological thinking that everything about God must be somehow shrouded in mystery and mystical ideas so deep that almost no one can understand the nature of God and His relationship to His Son.

John 17:3
    “……to KNOW the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent.”

Romans 15:14
    “I myself am convinced, my brothers, that you yourselves are full of goodness, COMPLETE IN KNOWLEDGE and competent to instruct one another.”

Romans16:25-27
    “Now to him who is able to ESTABLISH YOU BY MY GOSPEL and the proclamation of Jesus Christ…..mystery hidden….but now MADE KNOWN……”

1 Cor. Ch. 2:10
    “…but God has REVEALED it [secret wisdom] to us by his spirit. The spirit searches all things, even the DEEP THINGS OF GOD.”

1 Cor. 4:1
    “So then, men ought to regard us as servants of Christ and as those intrusted with the SECRET THINGS OF GOD.”

2 Cor.1: 13
    “For we do not write you anything you cannot read or UNDERSTAND.”

Galatians 1:11,
    “I want you to know, brothers, that the gospel I preached is not something that man made up.”

Colossians 1:9, 25, 28
    “…………spiritual wisdom and UNDERSTANDING….”

“I have become its servant by commission of God gave me to present to you the word of God IN ITS FULLNESS.”

“We proclaim him, admonishing and teaching everyone with all wisdom, so that we may present EVERYONE PERFECT IN CHRIST.”

1 John 5:20
    “We know also that the Son of God has come and has GIVEN US UNDERSTANDING, so that we MAY KNOW HIM who is true…”

At any rate, I am not contending for “knowledge” because we all know that can turn into folly quite quickly. I am contending for the truth that we can KNOW GOD. Of course so much of our great God will remain mysterious, but the “who” and the “what” of himself and his Son…..that is made clear. It was given to us through simple, human examples (conception, birth).

If God tells us that his Son was “born” of a virgin girl – why can't we just accept that? We know what being “born” means, don't we? I'm assuming nearly all of us have children of our own. Why complicate it? Scripture certainly doesn't complicate it *unless you want to cut and paste* but why even do that?

olive
    Participant

Hey 31,

How was your son's game ?

Please what I write do not take to offense. I might be misunderstanding what you are teaching, so bear w/ me if you will.

You write that Christ is the son of Mary, I agree in secular terms. I disagree in spiritual. It is written that ones even spoke of the same when he walked this earth, is this not the son of Mary……..they too thought the same.

Mary is blessed above all women because she was the chosen vessel to carry Christ, after that, she herself knew, that he was Christ, sent by Yahweh.

Now, being a women I can understand that you may feel that Mary is being treated w/ contempt, or just as a shell of nothing.

As it is written and has been fullfilled, we can read Mary's word's, she herself said

Luk 1:38  And Mary said, `Lo, the maid-servant of the Lord; let it be to me according to thy saying,' and the messenger went away from her

Conception occurs between two who are flesh. Let us turn away from what we know in secular and get to the spirit of things.

I am not going to determine the power of Yahweh, but setting standards of the secular terms, I have always felt this is walking on shifting sands.

Mary was chosen for a great purpose, that is all. She is blessed above all women, for there could be no greater calling then to carry Christ, and bring him to flesh.

Mat 12:50  for whoever may do the will of my Father who is in the heavens, he is my brother, and sister, and mother.'

Once again, we all seek truth, and so desire him to find us worshipping in spirit and truth.

No matter what, the glory be to HIM, not us.

Christ is the 'only' begotten son of Yahweh. How he did this, is no matter to me.

I am a chosen vessel, what he choses for me to do, is his will, the glory be to him, not me.

I may be call blessed, but I know where the blessing comes from.

Blessings and love sister, may we be able to come to the truth together, without strife.

Not3in1
    Participant

Conception occurs between two who are flesh.
    Matt. 1:20, 21
    “…….because what is CONCEIVED IN HER is from the holy Spirit…..She will give birth…..”

Sorry Olive, conception according to the bible is not reserved only for two who are flesh.

You write:
    Christ is the 'only' begotten son of Yahweh. How he did this, is no matter to me.
    With all due respect, it matters a great deal to me. Thanks for the chat :)

olive
    Participant

Hey 31 you write:

'Sorry Olive, conception according to the bible is not reserved only for two who are flesh.'

So you are saying, that the messengers the ones that came down to earth (their name escapes me), and mated w/ earthly women, and who conceived giants as the same as the birth of Christ?

Let's continue w/ our chat.

much love

Not3in1
    Participant

No. They were supposedly fallen angels. Jesus is the Son of God. :)

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (olive @ May 26 2007,13:46)
    Hey 31,

How was your son's game ?

Please what I write do not take to offense. I might be misunderstanding what you are teaching, so bear w/ me if you will.

You write that Christ is the son of Mary, I agree in secular terms. I disagree in spiritual. It is written that ones even spoke of the same when he walked this earth, is this not the son of Mary……..they too thought the same.

Mary is blessed above all women because she was the chosen vessel to carry Christ, after that, she herself knew, that he was Christ, sent by Yahweh.

Now, being a women I can understand that you may feel that Mary is being treated w/ contempt, or just as a shell of nothing.

As it is written and has been fullfilled, we can read Mary's word's, she herself said

Luk 1:38  And Mary said, `Lo, the maid-servant of the Lord; let it be to me according to thy saying,' and the messenger went away from her

Conception occurs between two who are flesh. Let us turn away from what we know in secular and get to the spirit of things.

I am not going to determine the power of Yahweh, but setting standards of the secular terms, I have always felt this is walking on shifting sands.

Mary was chosen for a great purpose, that is all. She is blessed above all women, for there could be no greater calling then to carry Christ, and bring him to flesh.

Mat 12:50  for whoever may do the will of my Father who is in the heavens, he is my brother, and sister, and mother.'

Once again, we all seek truth, and so desire him to find us worshipping in spirit and truth.

No matter what, the glory be to HIM, not us.

I am a chosen vessel, what he choses for me to do, is his will, the glory be to him, not me.

I may be call blessed, but I know where the blessing comes from.

Blessings and love sister, may we be able to come to the truth together, without strife.

Hi Olive,
    Mary could not “bring Christ to flesh” alone. Women only provide half the genes necessary for a man like Jesus to be conceived and born.

Not3in1
    Participant

Ah, Nick, good point. I missed that one. :)

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (olive @ May 26 2007,13:46)

Let us turn away from what we know in secular and get to the spirit of things.

Last Christmas a movie came out called, “Nativity.” I was hoping to get to the theatres to see it but we were headed out of town to go spend Christmas in Alaska with my sister and I missed the show. Anway, I bought it just recently when it came out on DVD. I watched it for the first time last night – I felt it was fitting to watch it considering our line of discussion here on the boards.

When the angel came to Mary and told her what would happen to her, she said how can this be because I have not been with a man? And the angel told her that the holy Spirit would “come upon her” and “overshadow” her. She agreed and conceived. I was struck by the terminology that the angel used. While it is not sexual language, per se, it most certainly describes and implies more than just a filling of a vessel.

The angel went on to tell her that her cousin had also “conceived.” The angel did not note a difference between the two conceptions. Rather, he comforted Mary with the news that her cousin also was going to have a child. More thoughts later…..I'm being called to our fire pit for smores! :)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Olive,
    You say
    “Conception occurs between two who are flesh.”
    But as not3 shows angelic beings can conceive with women so why should you be surprised if Christ is conceived of Mary. If he was not then he was not a son of David or a son of man.

olive
    Participant

Hey 31,

I read the passage also, today. Thought of the power of healing, how the spirit will heal the body. The same w/ all the powers of the spirit.

This could be too much of a solid for me, and may not be ready.

Conceive is the word that keeps coming to mind

ἔχω
    echō
    Thayer Definition:
    1) to have, i.e. to hold
    1a) to have (hold) in the hand, in the sense of wearing, to have (hold) possession of the mind (refers to alarm, agitating emotions, etc.), to hold fast keep, to have or comprise or involve, to regard or consider or hold as
    2) to have, i.e. own, possess
    2a) external things such as pertain to property or riches or furniture or utensils or goods or food etc.
    2b) used of those joined to any one by the bonds of natural blood or marriage or friendship or duty or law etc, of attendance or companionship
    3) to hold one’s self or find one’s self so and so, to be in such or such a condition
    4) to hold one’s self to a thing, to lay hold of a thing, to adhere or cling to
    4a) to be closely joined to a person or a thing

Will study a bit further on this, thank you.

blessings

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    1 John 5:1
    Whosoever believeth that Jesus is the Christ is born of God: and every one that loveth him that begat loveth him also that is begotten of him.

Christ is the monogenes son begotten of God alone.

NickHassan
    Participant

topical

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Kenrch,
    The Son of God begotten of God alone.
    None of the angelic sons had MOTHERS

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 27 2007,09:56)
    Hi Kenrch,
    The Son of God begotten of God alone.
    None of the angelic sons had MOTHERS

Angels were born? How does God have born children of Himself with Himself? Anything is possible with God. So what is flesh all about? God wants children why not just keep producing them? Who needs flesh to have born children?

Rev 3:14 And unto the angel of the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God;

Adam and Eve were created the rest of us were born.

Gen 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

Why would go through the trouble of making a mud man? Then give life to that statue?

NickHassan
    Participant

For RD

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    This is the word WJ spoke of.

NickHassan
    Participant

For Paladin

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 69 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account