General answers to posts

Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 515 total)
  • Author
    kejonn
    Participant

In response to Christianity having thousands of sects in another thread, Nick Hassan said

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 17 2008,17:46)
    Hi KJ,
    Then you do not understand the body of Christ.

Christ is not divided.

1 Corinthians 1:13
    Is Christ divided? was Paul crucified for you? or were ye baptized in the name of Paul?

The Spirit is not divided.

1 Corinthians 12:13
    For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Look beyond the smoke and mirrors of the whore

From http://www.religioustolerance.org/christ7.htm

• Currently, there are over 1,200 Christian denominations in North America.
    • According to David Barrett et al, editors of the “World Christian Encyclopedia: A comparative survey of churches and religions – AD 30 to 2200,” there are 34,000 separate Christian groups in the world.
    • There are many systems of theological beliefs within Christianity.
    • Members of an single congregation may hold conflicting belief systems.

kejonn
    Participant

So while Christ and the Spirit may not be divided, the body is. Big time.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KJ,
    Children accept being told what to do by their elders.
    God is our Elder and scripture is His words

Dan7
    9I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire.

10A fiery stream issued and came forth from before him: thousand thousands ministered unto him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him: the judgment was set, and the books were opened.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (kejonn @ Mar. 18 2008,11:13)

Hi KJ,
    Not so.
    The whore has many daughters.

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 17 2008,18:15)

Quote (kejonn @ Mar. 18 2008,11:13)

Hi KJ,
    Not so.
    The whore has many daughters.

I see you TOTALLY ignored the statistics. How predictable of you.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Kj,
    Why should we take seriously stats about the whore and her daughters when we discuss the body of Christ?

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 17 2008,19:01)
    Hi Kj,
    Why should we take seriously stats about the whore and her daughters when we discuss the body of Christ?

Because the whore is made up of millions of those who accept the same Christ you do?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KJ,
    Accepting Christ never is taught as a way of becoming one with him in the bible.
    I doubt he knows them even if they know of him.
    I think they know another Jesus.
    2Cor11
    2For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

3But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

4For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

david
    Participant

That is one possibility.
    The other possibility is that these ones are not the body of Christ, for Christ is not divided. His disciples are not divided. The truth is not divided. The false teachers, bad fruit, ones who say “lord, lord” that Jesus foretold are divided. As foretold!

The 10's of thousands of groups all claiming to represent the truth, yet all teaching conflicting things tells us precisely one thing–logically, they cannot all represent the truth.
    But, it does not mean that one cannot represent the truth.

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (david @ Mar. 17 2008,22:36)

That is one possibility.
    The other possibility is that these ones are not the body of Christ, for Christ is not divided. His disciples are not divided. The truth is not divided. The false teachers, bad fruit, ones who say “lord, lord” that Jesus foretold are divided. As foretold!

The 10's of thousands of groups all claiming to represent the truth, yet all teaching conflicting things tells us precisely one thing–logically, they cannot all represent the truth.
    But, it does not mean that one cannot represent the truth.

But which one? JWs? Mormons? Mennonites? Quakers? Amish? Catholics? Baptist? Pentecostal? Episcopalian? Lutheran? Methodist? Greek Orthodox? Dutch Reform? Church of God? Assemblies of God? Church of Christ? Seventh Day Adventist?

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 17 2008,21:55)
    Hi KJ,
    Accepting Christ never is taught as a way of becoming one with him in the bible.
    I doubt he knows them even if they know of him.
    I think they know another Jesus.
    2Cor11
    2For I am jealous over you with godly jealousy: for I have espoused you to one husband, that I may present you as a chaste virgin to Christ.

3But I fear, lest by any means, as the serpent beguiled Eve through his subtilty, so your minds should be corrupted from the simplicity that is in Christ.

4For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

What makes you think the Jesus you know is any more true than the Jesus others know? If I ask others, do you think their response would be similar to yours?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Kj,
    You really are lost in the fog of confusion are you not?
    Do you remember where you threw your map and compass?

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 18 2008,18:25)
    Hi Kj,

You have told me before that I should accept your messiah (although I have never been given a good reason why I should, and I have given many good reasons why I don't).

Are you saying that Catholics, who have done exactly as you suggest to me, are doing the wrong thing? Why does it matter to you what extra doctrines they may have laid on top? Are they not fundamentally right from your point of view about the key issue? Or is there a particular direction you have to prey in, like in islam?

Stuart

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Stu,
    What has catholicism done right??

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 18 2008,01:25)
    Hi Kj,

As usual, you avoided the question. Did you ever answer questions, or is your approach always involve speaking against those hwo post things you do not like?

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 18 2008,03:53)
    Hi Stu,
    What has catholicism done right??

They say Jesus is the son of God. They say Jesus was the messiah. Is that different from you?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Stu,
    They cannot deny everything.
    The bible says he is messiah and the son of God.

But they speak with a forked tongue
    But having said he is son of God they say he is still a part of that God.

kejonn
    Participant

And as so many pages of the trinity thread attests to, you seem to not have been able to convince many who believe in the trinity otherwise. So how are you certain you are right and they are wrong?

In faith, the truth is often what you believe.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Stu,
    Is it written?
    “Thy Word is truth”

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 19 2008,05:46)
    Hi Stu,
    They cannot deny everything.
    The bible says he is messiah and the son of God.

But they speak with a forked tongue
    But having said he is son of God they say he is still a part of that God.

So what? Why is that difference important? They accept the messiah Jesus. Normally you should try and get your opponents onside – have them in the tent peeing out instead of outside the tent peeing in. Why do you stand in the same tent and pee inside?

Stuart

Viewing 20 posts - 201 through 220 (of 515 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account