Gamaliel, THE rabbi

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 221 through 225 (of 225 total)
  • Author
    Towshab
    Participant

Quote (david @ Nov. 29 2007,01:07)
    The above is quoted from the Judaica Press (which apparently, Jews can trust.)

To me, it seems that Jewish people will say just about anything about the above to save themselves from admitting that it applies to the Christ. It's Israel, it's some rabbi, it's all an alegory, or whatever. But the obvious is undeniable.

“because he poured out his soul to death, and with transgressors he was counted; and he bore the sin of many, and interceded for the transgressors.”–verse 12.

Just because Jesus supposedly did this one portion the whole chapter is about him? Should I hand you some straws so you can grasp at them?

At best the fiction inserted into Jesus' life was written to try to fit him into scripture not the other way around. The writers failed so many times but every once in awhile they almost stumbled onto something.

But bearing the sins of many does not mean that anyone can die for anothers sins. The Tanakh is quite plain on that.

==============================
    Deu 24:16 The fathers shall not be put to death for the children, neither shall the children be put to death for the fathers: every man shall be put to death for his own sin.

Eze 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Jer 31:30 But every one shall die for his own iniquity: every man that eateth the sour grape, his teeth shall be set on edge.
    ==============================

No one can die for your sins.

david
    Participant

“because he poured out his soul to death, and with transgressors he was counted; and he bore the sin of many, and interceded for the transgressors.”–verse 12. (JP)

I do not remember Israel pouring out “his” soul to the death. I don't remember a time when Israel bore the sins of many, or when Israel interceded for the transgressors.

It is becoming more an more apparent why the encyclopedia judaica contrasts the righteous servant of Is 53 with sinful Israel. And if this is not referring to Israel (which it clearly isn't) then who? Of course, the Messiah!

And note too, that he is not the Messiah that modern Jews paint of him. He suffers. As Daniel told us, he would be cut off (in death.) Jews cannot accept this. Yet, it's obvious. A comparison of Dan 9 (about “messiah the leader”) with Is 53 (the righteous servant, who suffers) reveal that they are the same one.

“Despised and rejected by men.” (JP) How could this be? It doesn't say rejected by every man. But most did reject him, even putting him to death, cutting him off from life,”like a lamb to the slaughter” “he was cut off from the land of the living.” (Is 53; JP)
    (See Dan 9, where Messiah is “cut off.”)

Yet the Jews only look at the prophecies of Christs return, his coming again, in power. They reject these other prophecies, of the humble rigtheous servant.

The very reason most despised and rejected him is actually found in Isaiah:
    “because he poured out his soul to death, and with transgressors he was counted;”
    They looked down on him. Some, even on this website called him a failer or a failed Messiah!
    Why? Ironically, because he poured out his soul to the death, exactly as prophecied.

david

david
    Participant

I just wanted to put these two scriptures together so I could study them:

Isaiah – Chapter 53 (Judaica Press)

3. Despised and rejected by men, a man of pains and accustomed to illness, and as one who hides his face from us, despised and we held him of no account.
    4. Indeed, he bore our illnesses, and our pains-he carried them, yet we accounted him as plagued, smitten by God and oppressed.
    5. But he was pained because of our transgressions, crushed because of our iniquities; the chastisement of our welfare was upon him, and with his wound we were healed.
    6. We all went astray like sheep, we have turned, each one on his way, and the Lord accepted his prayers for the iniquity of all of us.
    7. He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he would not open his mouth; like a lamb to the slaughter he would be brought, and like a ewe that is mute before her shearers, and he would not open his mouth.
    8. From imprisonment and from judgment he is taken, and his generation who shall tell? For he was cut off from the land of the living; because of the transgression of my people, a plague befell them.
    9. And he gave his grave to the wicked, and to the wealthy with his kinds of death, because he committed no violence, and there was no deceit in his mouth.
    10. And the Lord wished to crush him, He made him ill; if his soul makes itself restitution, he shall see children, he shall prolong his days, and God's purpose shall prosper in his hand.
    11. From the toil of his soul he would see, he would be satisfied; with his knowledge My servant would vindicate the just for many, and their iniquities he would bear.
    12. Therefore, I will allot him a portion in public, and with the strong he shall share plunder, because he poured out his soul to death, and with transgressors he was counted; and he bore the sin of many, and interceded for the transgressors.

Daniel 9 (JP)
    4. Seventy weeks [of years] have been decreed upon your people and upon the city of your Sanctuary to terminate the transgression and to end sin, and to expiate iniquity, and to bring eternal righteousness, and to seal up vision and prophet, and to anoint the Holy of Holies.
    25. And you shall know and understand that from the emergence of the word to restore and to rebuild Jerusalem until the anointed king [shall be] seven weeks, and [in] sixty-two weeks it will return and be built street and moat, but in troubled times.
    26. And after the sixty-two weeks, the anointed one will be cut off, and he will be no more, and the people of the coming monarch will destroy the city and the Sanctuary, and his end will come about by inundation, and until the end of the war, it will be cut off into desolation.
    27. And he will strengthen a covenant for the princes for one week, and half the week he will abolish sacrifice and meal- offering, and on high, among abominations, will be the dumb one, and until destruction and extermination befall the dumb one.

david
    Participant

Dan 9 says he (the annointed one; Messiah) will “abolish sacrifice.”

Is 53 says he (the righteous servant) “poured out his soul to death. . .and he bore the sin of many, and interceded for the transgressors.”

In the law, various animal sacrifices, from bull to pigeon, were used, according to the position and circumstances of the one(s) whose sin was being atoned for.
    The sacrifice was for sin. It is easy to see the connection between Dan 9 and Is 53.

Towshab
    Participant

Out of respect for the forum titles I can no longer reply to this thread.

Viewing 5 posts - 221 through 225 (of 225 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account