Free Will?

Viewing 20 posts - 3,481 through 3,500 (of 3,826 total)
  • Author
    kerwin
    Participant

Princess,

Sorry, I do not know the situation with T.

Ed J
    Participant

(1)Most assuredly Edj nothing holds you captive .

(2)Do you want him to achieve in his search? He is zealous on the belief, then it is his and even though you may disagree because Constantine’s bible tells you so does not make it so to all that are around you. Perhaps it was the main reason for Gene to come to Christ because he has his will. Could be his very foundation. You or I do not know.

(3)what number does will add up to be?

Hi Princess,

1) Thank you for realizing this.
    “If the Son therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed.” (John 8:36)

2) …

3) “The Bible”(90) = “Free Will”(90)

princess
    Participant

Ah Edj perfection what a wonderful place that must be for you. All comfy and cozy, tucked in and secure. Your one of a kind, even the most profound are known to remove such things from their life until their last breathe. In their defense though their impact on life is much more then ones who freely think they have it all together.

A while back I noticed all the corresponding with BD was attaching to you, thank you for the confirmation.

Instead of forcing such things to work to your  advantage bible & will should be suffice. ‘The’ is not needed and neither is ‘free’. Maybe cheating is something you haven’t worked out yet in your ‘free will’ yet or your ‘free will’ has the meaning you can do anything you want and it makes it right.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

EDJ….you brought up the scripture that shows the word freewill, but what you may not understand, is that scripture has nothing to do with the WILL ITSELS, it has to do with a person volunteering to do something, but it does not address the reason why he volunteered. That is what made up his “will” to volunteer. I have said all along that i was not talking about our “freedom or liberty” to excercise our WILL’S that is a given as scripture plainly shows. I was talking about the very WILL ITSELF. AND HOW IT FUNCTIONS. Does this clarify what i am saying better brother?

peace and love to you and yours ………gene

Ed J
    Participant

EDJ….(1)you brought up the scripture that shows the word freewill…
    …(2)it has to do with a person volunteering to do something…

Hi Gene,

1) Yes, recognizing it’s in the bible is the first step towards self realization.
    2) Yes, it has to do with a person volunteering of their own “freewill”

“which are minded of their own freewill” (Ezra 7:13)

“Be ye not as the horse, or as the mule, which have no understanding:
    whose mouth must be held in with bit and bridle, lest they come near unto thee.” (Psalms 32:9)

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Edj…..you still don’t get it, h volunteers because he willed it, no a single word there describes what made him volinteer, and by tbe waythere isno HEBREW WORD FOR FREEWILL, AS I RECALL THE WORD ACTUALLY USED THERE SHOULD BE VOLUNTEER.

EZR 7:13. THE WORD USED THERE IS ned-ab…it should be written to offer freely (willingly) this sentence does not talk or even hint about a mans will it self or what makes it desire to do it . It’s talking about permission to excercise it freely. Another words not being forced to do it, but to do it freely by a man oun desire (will) to. If i desire to do something and given the freedom to do it, the freedom to do it, has nothing to do with the “reason” i chose to do it now does it?.

peace and love to you and yours………..gene

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Gene,

You seem to not understand the simplest of biblical doctrine:
    freewill means accountability – no freewill means no accountability.
    Are you trying to claim that you have ‘no accountability’ for your actions?
    and that the bible should be changed to match your understanding of it?

Sorry Gene, there are no buyers here

• This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by Admin.
    Ed J
    Participant

Accountability Gene

“for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ” (Romans 14:10)

AndrewAD
    Participant

Dear Ed,

Accountability is a religious given but freewill is not. Is not God the potter and we the clay? whether we be saints,sinners or a combination of both?

Read Romans chapters 9,10,and 11 again. God doesn’t play fair and life is not fair and it’s something we all just have to accept and deal with.

Ed J
    Participant

Dear Ed,

Accountability is a religious given but freewill is not.

Hi AndrewAD,

“every one of us shall give account of himself to God” (Romans 14:12)

AndrewAD
    Participant

I already acknowledged that Ed-that is accountability,but do you acknowledge the sovereignty of God in your KJV? where is your freewill Ed? Did you choose when and where you were born? did you choose your parents?

Do you save yourself by your religious beliefs and works even? is their really any such thing as grace?

kerwin
    Participant

Gene,

You have not yet addressed my post to you on the last page but perhaps it is better to address it one point at a time. I said:

God did create our will but then he is the Creator and we should not confuse him with a creation. It is like claiming God murders a human because he declares it is that human’s time to die. He is the force of Nature.

Do you agree? Please say yes or no and then explain your answer. Thank you.

Ed J
    Participant

I already acknowledged that Ed-that is accountability,but do you acknowledge the sovereignty of God in your KJV? where is your freewill Ed? Did you choose when and where you were born? did you choose your parents?

Do you save yourself by your religious beliefs and works even? is their really any such thing as grace?

Hi AndrewAD,

Do you also not see the connection of “freewill” to accountability?

kerwin
    Participant

AndrewAd,

According to Scripture God cannot be tempted by evil but humans are tempted. That implies God is not control humans for if he did they would not be able to be tempted by evil. If God controlled them humans definitely could not sin. God thus created man with the ability to choose between good and evil or humanity gave it to themselves by eating of a certain fruit.

AndrewAD
    Participant

Dear Kerwin,

So just who supposedly created the garden,the tree,and the snake in it? or if you will,allowed the snake in? I suppose Adam did all that or was it Eve? And God really didn’t know what man would do? Is it not God who in the story kicked man out of the garden after eating the tree of knowledge for if he left him there he would be just like them and live forever? God certainly had evil in mind all along and is the creator of good and evil as scripture even states Isa45:7

I could throw a thousand verses at you but “basic logic” should tell you that God created the world we live in and he could’ve made it different if he wanted to.It was He who willed evil in this world whether you want to accept that or not.You can say God is not tempted by evil but why should he be when he is the author and director of it?

Are you saved by your” freewill” choices of belief and works? Do you not hear the voice of God in the words of Christ as he said “No man can come to me unless the Father which sent me draw him”? grace is nothing but empty words and vanity if we are only saved by our own freewill choices.

Participant

Hi Gene:

I really have not grasped just what you are talking about.  We did not have the freedom to choose whether or not to be born into this world, and if we refuse God’s gift of salvation, we will not have the freedom to choose not to be destroyed.

Adam and Eve did not have the freedom to choose whether or not to be created, but they were created with the freedom to obey or disobey the commandments of their creator.  The first Adam was made “a living soul”, and it was at that time that he had a mind, a will, and emotions.  God made man “in His own image”.

All the rest of humanity, except for Jesus, were born of the sperm of Adam (and were born in the likeness of Adam) with a mind, a will. and emotions.

A man can be taken captive by sin, but the devil did not make me do it.  I chose to sin, and I thought I got away with it, then for whatever reason, pleasure, status, wealth etc., I chose to continue in that sin or sins.

1 John 2:16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes,
    and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

I do believe that God does try to influence mankind to be reconciled to Him and obey His commandments, and I do believe that there is a time when God will give you up to do whatsoever you may want to do, such as is stated in the following scripture:

Romans 1:

9 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.

20 For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.

22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

23 And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things.

24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:

25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;

29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,

30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,

31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:

32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

AndrewAD
    Participant

Yes we are all accountable and must seek peace and do good as God requires.The sovereignty does not in any way excuse us from this. I pray God bless and help us everyone.

princess
    Participant

Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.

Just curious who is the creature?

Participant

HI Princess:

Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
    Just curious who is the creature?

That handsome man or that beautiful woman.

AndrewAD
    Participant

The creature must surely be Christ according to Gene’s doctrine of separation. lol 🙂

Viewing 20 posts - 3,481 through 3,500 (of 3,826 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account