Free Will?

Viewing 20 posts - 3,441 through 3,460 (of 3,826 total)
  • Author
    GeneBalthrop
    Participant

AndrewAD….. scripture say “God doesall things after the “council” of his will”. Nothing free about his WILL, he is able to do what ever he wills to, that is true , but what he wills is the product of “council”. IMO

peace and love to you and yours…….gene

kerwin
    Participant

Gene,

God’s will is that humanity has “free will”. We choose freely but that does mean that God will allow our choice to be fruitful.

kerwin
    Participant

Gene,

Free will does not mean a mans choices are not based on his own will.

AndrewAD
    Participant

God does as he pleases in heaven and on earth but does man have this power? are we not bound on every side by inability,and ignorance which shows us our mortality? I would agree that we could be gods and lords over our lives but only to a limited extent and some have much more privilege than others as God hath allowed. Truly life is not fair and God help us all to do good,be happy and make the most of it.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi AndrewAD,

Ezra 7:13: I make a decree,
    that all they of the people of Israel,
    and of his priests and Levites, in my realm,
    which are minded of their own freewill
    to go up to Jerusalem, go with thee.

Does this verse say we have a “Free Will”?
    I say “Yes”; Gene says “no” – what say you?

Ed J
    Participant

“I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go:
    I will guide thee with mine eye. 9 Be ye not as the horse, or as the mule,
    which have no understanding: whose mouth must be held in with bit and bridle,
    lest they come near unto thee.” (Psalms 32:8-9)

Ed J
    Participant

…and Gene,

please do not even attempt to try to captivate my Free Will,
    because my will is free to reject that type of influence.

Ha ha ha ha

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

EDJ…..YOU WILL, WILL, BY WHAT EVER IS INFLUENCING YOU MOST, NOTHING free ABOUT IT. While God does give us freedom to excercise our captivated wills, held captive by what is influencing us the most, that does not mean the very will “ITSELF” is free.
    I am taking about the (CAUSE) you are talking about the results. The cause creates the will, the will does not create the cause of our desires our will is simply a result of those causes.

peace and love to you and yours ……….gene

AndrewAD
    Participant

Dear Ed,

Does this verse say we have a “Free Will”?
    I say “Yes”; Gene says “no” – what say you?

I agree with the blessed Gene!

Simply because this is the only verse in the KJV you worship,which says the word “freewill “does that make false ideas about “freewill” true? I think not.Even the supporters of arminianism don’t use that verse.

Do you want to make all the world “christian” in your image? can you do it? can you create a pot of gold? can you save yourself even? your will is not too free for it is bound by humanity and the Creator. All things are by the counsel of his will and only he does as he pleaseth in heaven and earth.

Ed J
    Participant

EDJ…..YOU WILL, WILL, BY WHAT EVER IS INFLUENCING YOU MOST

Hi Gene,

Even though you influence me the most on there being no “Free Will”,
    I know that there still is “Free Will” …because the bible says so!

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

EDj…..i am not enfluencing you the “most” or you ould agree with mr on this subject. Other things working in you are influencing you the “most” so you hold on to that.

peace and love to you and yours ………..gene

princess
    Participant

ill is not physical.

the question is: when is will established. in the womb, before?

free will

noun

free and independent choice; voluntary decision:

You took on the responsibility of your own free will.

Philosophy. the doctrine that the conduct of human beings expresses personal choice and is not simply determined by physical or divine forces.
    (dictionary.com)
    British Dictionary definitions for free will

free will

noun

1. the apparent human ability to make choices that are not externally determined
    2. the doctrine that such human freedom of choice is not illusory Compare determinism(sense 1)
    3. (as modifier): a free-will decision

the ability to make a choice without coercion: he left of his own free will: I did not influence him
    So Gene was does free will  become part of us?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Princess…….There is no such thing as a WILL THAT IS FREE, GOD has given us LIBERTY, to excercise our “influenced” WILLS, but the will itself is determined by what is influencing it the most. The spirit of the living God, or EVIL OR UNCLEAN SPIRITS. No mans will “itself” is free it will desire the most, by what is influencing it the most. No scripture says our WILL’S are “THEMSELVES” FREE. Your confusing our liberty to excercise our “captivated” will’s with the will’s themselves being Free.

peace and love to you and yours ………gene

princess
    Participant

Gene,

thank you.

my question is: when is will given to us?

kerwin
    Participant

Gene,

Philosophy. the doctrine that the conduct of human beings expresses personal choice and is not simply determined by physical or divine forces.

Do you agree this is the definition of free will?

kerwin
    Participant

To all that are concerned,

If the conditions apply to a choice then a person with free will will always choose the same thing because otherwise is random choice and random choice is not free.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Kerwin…..remember we are not talking our freedom to excercise our “influenced wills, that is not what i am tzlking about, we are talking about the very will “itself” ho is it made up, and there is nothing free about it. What you posted about philosophy is right but saying it is not “simply” something is not say that that is not “part” of the influence, now does it?

There could be no prophetic word concerning JESUS ,JOHN, JERMIAH OR OTHER HUMANS COULD BE MADE IF THE WILL’S WERE TOTALLY FREE AS MANY FALSELY ASSUME. WILL’S ARE MADE UP BY WHAT IS INFLUENCING THEM THE MOST,IT IS THE SAME WITH MAN AND GOD.

Mankind hates that, because men want to be A God unto themselves, they want to think, thy are the captain of there lives that ultimately they are the one who is in control, and they do not need God to truly guide their mindes, they think, they alone are capable to make their own decisions by the excercising of their own so-called WILL’S that are completely FREE even from God.

peace and love to you and yours ……….gene

Participant

God will never intervene in a person’s freedom to choose. He is my helper to help me in obeying Him in this sinful world, and I want and welcome His help, but if I don’t want it, He certainly will not force Himself on me, and He may cause something someone intended for evil to accomplish his ultimate end.

God made this world to allow men to choose their destiny. Oh yes, He goes looking for me and you and will call us into a relationship with Him, but I do, I do, have the freedom to choose whether obedience unto righteousness or disobedience unto death.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Marty….ALL YOUR CHOICES ARE “INFLUENCED” CHOUCES NOTHING “FREE” ABOUT IT. Cant you see if that he whole idea of having God to be in us is to guide our will to do his will. Man has shown through out history he is incapiable of sustaining “himself” by doing his own will to walk inthe ways of God. This is a major proof written in all human history. Apart from GOD ANY MAN WILL ULTIMATELY DESTORY HIMSELF. HIS choices because of evil influences will ultimately lead to his destruction. The thread i started on the REASON FOR THE MILLENNIAL IS THE VERY PROOF OF THAT. THAT IS EXACTLY WHY THERE IS A MILLENNIAL REGIN BY JESUS AND THE SAINT’S ,IT PROVES THAT EVERY POINT, MAN EVENTHOUGH HE HAS A PERFECT ENVIRONMENT WITHOUT EVIL, WILL SUCUM TO THE EVIL, WHEN IT IS AGAIN INTRODUCED INTO HIS ENVIRONMENT. THE PROOF IS THE THOUSAND YEAR reign of Jesus and the Saint’s.

Think about it Marty.

Peace and love to you and yours ………gene

kerwin
    Participant

Gene,

I am addressing the idea that free will is a myth. To do so it is necessary to establish the definition of free will. What you call influenced will may be what others call free will. That is why I made the point that random will is not free will.

It sounds like you agree with the dictionary’s definition of free will but I am not sure. Could you please say yes or no? You can also explain how your definition differs from the dictionary. If that difference is small then the words essentially yes will work. Thank you.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by Admin.
Viewing 20 posts - 3,441 through 3,460 (of 3,826 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account