Free Will?

Viewing 20 posts - 2,961 through 2,980 (of 3,826 total)
  • Author
    Proclaimer
    Participant

This guy talks about how we cannot choose our thoughts. But free will doesn’t mean we control our thoughts or options in life. It simply means that of the options presented to us (including our thoughts) that we can independently choose our responses to these options.

If for example I think about sinning, but then decide to not do that in favour of doing something godly, then I have chosen.

I decided to blog about this after watching part of the video.

https://heavennet.net/does-free-will-exist/

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

T8………So tell us how you chose your thoughts before you think them, then I can say your will is “FREE”. I can also say you have the power to save yourself, because you are in control of what you think. Who needs God the Father or Jesus’ sacrifice you are your own salvation by your own so-called “freewill” choices, this scripture does not apply to you right?,  no man “can” come unto me unless the Father “draw” him. because you can go to Jesus by yourself, through the workings of your own free will. The Revelation of who Jesus is, from God the Father is not needed for you come to believe in him. You can do it all by your own so-called  freewill, so who needs God, your a God unto yourself, it appears.

PS….The video was mostly right on, except I did not come to understand it,  the way he did, I came to understand it from scriptures, and guidance of the spirit truth, I believe. It seems true science also backs it up too.

Peace and love to you and yours.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 4 months ago by Admin.
    Ed J
    Participant

Hi Gene: I believe you do not understand what the term “Free Will” means.

The term WILL in the term “Free Will” defines as “ambition”, and
    the term FREE in the term “Free Will” defines as free of others encumbrance. Therefore
    the term Free Will defines as our ambition that free from others having the ability to put encumbrance upon it.

Thoughts that pop into our minds is NOT what “Free Will” means, is this what you thought “Free Will” was? (<– please answer)

Our “Free Will” is having the ability to act or to not act upon thoughts FREELY.
    I hope you got it now. But if not I’m still willing to use MY “Free Will” to help you to understand exactly what “Free Will” is.

Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Ed J
    Participant

Hi T8,

a bunch of small little changes produced 14 edit alerts.
    If I could see my post before posting it the edit alerts would be few.

T8, could you use your “Free Will” so I can see my post before posting it.

Hey Gene would this be an example of using my “Free Will” then?
    I mean “IF” I could KNOW what I’m going to post before I posting it?

seekingtruth
    Participant

I started listening to the video with an open mind, since a teaching with the support of someone of Gene’s patience and love must have some merit I was missing, but after watching it, I’m still missing it. As to punishment, I agree compassion should always be our motive, but the scriptures are clear that retribution is to be open to society while still allowing for compassion to respond as needed for all considered.

My opinion – Wm

seekingtruth
    Participant

I have a similar issue as Ed on not seeing errors until after posted, it would be nice to see it prior to posting..

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Edj……..you answered your own question…….you said the thoughts that enter your mind you have no control over, but you fail to see our wills, are driven by those thoughts, rather good or evil, thoughts are what make up your actions you chose from. Now if you can’t control your thoughts, what makes you think you can control your will?. As I have said before you and others are getting our God given liberty to express our Captivated will for the Will itself being free.  THe word “freewill” is a “OXYMORON” ,you would not even have such a thing as a will if the will was free itself. 

Peace and love to you and yours………………………………gene

Wakeup
    Participant

Geneb.

We are created complete; with mind and conscience included.
    A person and his mind is one and the same.Every person with his own mind and conscience.
    Adam was created in the image of God; created complete: and God said: it is good.
    Given a mind to make choices of our own; untill we have by own choice; adopted the mind of God.
    Then we will think and do as God.
    We will be as gods. God all in all.

wakeup.

Wakeup
    Participant

Geneb.

To say that we have no free will is; I believe satans idea;that no man is guilty of his deeds.
    Because it was not his own free will to make him sin and do evil.
    What satan is truly saying is that God judgement is not righteous.
    Satan also accused God of not being fair,the reason Job worshipped God is;
    because God has blessed Job with riches.In other words with bribery.
    Job did not worship God by own free will;he was influenced by the material blessings.
    Is that also the case with our wifes and children? Their love is not by own free will.
    But by bribery.(does true love not exist)? I believe God is love.

We must becareful what we pick up along the way,satan has his agents in every nook and cranny.

wakeup

Ed J
    Participant

Edj……..you answered your own question…….you said the thoughts that enter your mind you have no control over, but you fail to see our wills, are driven by those thoughts, rather good or evil, thoughts are what make up your actions you chose from. Now if you can’t control your thoughts, what makes you think you can control your will?. As I have said before you and others are getting our God given liberty to express our Captivated will for the Will itself being free. THe word “freewill” is a “OXYMORON” ,you would not even have such a thing as a will if the will was free itself.

Peace and love to you and yours………………………………gene

Hi Gene,

You keep telling us all there is no “Free Will”
    - but you don’t explain what you mean –
    (at least not in terms we can understand).

Let’s begin discussing this by YOU defining the word “WILL” for us all. And the word
    “FREE” in the context of the term “Free Will” for our discussion to have any cohesion.

Without defining the terms, you will end up arguing over a misconception – not knowing what “Free Will” even means.
    For example: “Free Will” does not mean “thought”, WILL YOU CONTINUE TO ARGUE THIS MISCONCEPTION?

When I use the word WILL in the term “Free Will” I take it to mean our “volition”
    And when I attach the word FREE to that, I take the word FREE to mean “free of encumbrance”

So here are MY terms:
    ”Free Will” means: “A Volition free of encumberence”

Are you A PUPPET that HAS NO VOLITION, or are you
    a computer generated archetypal response mechanism?
    That is THE ONLY WAY you could not have a “Free Will”!

Ed J
    Participant

T8,

We need a preview button.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Gene,

…in more term, all sentient beings have a “Free Will”.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Edj………tell me what this means to you…….what if God wanting to  show that he has wrath created vessels of wrath, or that he has mercy created vessels of mercy created vessels of mercy, does not the potter have power over the clay to make it as he pleases. You and others would say ” WHY DOES HE FIND FAULT THEM” who can resist his will. You and other believers of “free” wills. Would be the ones who would say that. But what does Paul say to you guys, “yea, but who are you O man that replies against God., does not the potter have power over the clay to make vessels of mercy and from the same lump vessel of wrath.

Now tell us how a free will plays in that , not even to mention, no where in scrupture does it say, a man has a WILL “ITSELF” that is Free Itself. If it is there please post it, Not that we don’t  have “liberty” to exercise our Captivated WILLS, I am not saying that.

People who expound a WILL that ITSELF is free is exactly what Satan wants them to believe. Most WANT TO BE FREE from God, they want to be a GOD unto themselves and that is exactly what a WILL that is FREE would BE.

Peace and love to you and yours………………………..gene

Ed J
    Participant

Gene, please fill in the blanks

The definition of “WILL” in the tern “Free Will is ___________________ ?
    The definition of “FREE” in the term “Free will is ___________________ ?

Ed J
    Participant

Edj………tell me what this means to you…….what if God wanting to show that he has wrath created vessels of wrath, or that he has mercy created vessels of mercy created vessels of mercy

It doesn’t mean anything to me, because it doesn’t make any sense.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Edj…….I know it doesn’t make sense to you, because you believing we all have will’s that are “free” to decide our own fate freely, so it naturally would not make sense to you. But your argument is with the apostle Paul not me.

Rom9:13-23 , read it all and come back a tell me if that makes any sense to you, let us know where man’s so-called “freewill” plays any part in those scriptures. Let’s face the truth EDj,  freewill people as yourself,  can’t stand those scriptures much less agree with them.

Peace and love to you and yours……………………………..gene

Ed J
    Participant

Quit ditching and delaying, and fill in the blanks.

The definition of “WILL” in the tern “Free Will is ___________________ ?
    The definition of “FREE” in the term “Free will is ___________________ ?

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Gene,

It is only YOUR understanding of it that I disagree with, not scripture.

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Gene,

If a 5 year old child can’t resist the will of his father, the child then can’t have a “Free Will” only his father. ha ha ha ha
    Now you’re getting silly, the child STILL HAS a “Free Will”, it’s just that the father’s “Free Will” trumps the child’s.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

EDj……….So tell us what does those scriptures I ask you to read mean to you.? It is you not me “ditching” scriptures, I also ask you to produce one scripture that says that there exists a WILL that is FREE in man. Because there is a OXYMORON word like freewill, which you falsely believe is scriptural, you need to prove it is scriptural, not try to play a word game about a word that is not even scriptural at all.

Common sense should tell you how could God even say what a person was going to do at all if there will were FREE themselves. How do you explain

Cyrus, the king, who was prophesied to come and do the things God said he would 200 years before his berth, and what about Jeremiah the prophet, who God said he knew even before he was born , while he was still in the womb, tell us how God could predict what they would do, even before they were born, if they had there own  WILL’S that we’re FREE, GOD COULD NOT PROPHESY ABOUT ANYTHING they would do, if what you believe we’re true,  everbody’s life would be a crap shoot. This scripture would not even be in scriptures if what you believe we’re true, “for whom he for knew, he also “predestined” to be conformed unto the image of his son. How is it even possible to be “PREDESTINED” for anything if we live by a random crap shoot so-called a “will that is FREE.

Peace and love to you and yours……………………….gene.

Viewing 20 posts - 2,961 through 2,980 (of 3,826 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account