Forgiveness

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 81 through 86 (of 86 total)
  • Author
    Ed J
    Participant

Hi Gene,

……………[color=#000097]God’s Name transliterats directly into English as YHVH.[/color]

[יהוה] GOD’s Name.. [י] Yod [ה] Ha [ו] Vav [ה] Hey. …is pronounced YÄ-hä-vā &. [יה] YÄ

[יהוה] is pronounced with its exact preciseness “YÄ-hä-vā”; where ä sounds like that of
    the word “ah” and the other ā sounds like that of the vowel in the word “hay”. So when you
    see the tetragrammation YHVH, the proper pronunciation is YÄ-hä-vā. (Psalm 45:17) I make this
    point because the correct pronunciation was thought to be lost, which led only to translators’
    interpretations, without any working knowledge of Hebrew. GOD’s Name (יהוה) translates
    directly into English as YHVH as the Hebrew alphabet lacks vowel representations.

Hebrew has NO [W] SOUND, No [J] sound and the symbol ש is pronounced “Sh”.

GOD’s most sacred Holy Name [יהוה] was given to us directly from Hebrew.
    Correctly translating the Hebrew into other languages can be difficult however.
    Some basic linguistic rules need to be considered when translating the Hebrew texts.
    These include a lack of spacing between words, as a general rule has no written vowels
    and the basic direction in which Hebrew is written (opposite from English: from right to left).
    Hebrew word spacing is a modern advent that distinguishes one word from the next,
    aiding both translators and multi-linguists alike. Unwritten “implied” vowel sounds
    are a concern because, correct pronunciations of Hebrew words are at risk.

The identity of (26[b])[/b]יהוה is [color=blue]GOD[/color]”([b]26)[/b] spoken as YÄ-hä-vā: where ä sounds like
    that of the word “ah” and the other ā sounds like the vowel in the word “hay”.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,

“Your sins are forgiven”

God was at work in him to will and to do.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Edj….my issue was about the words Lord as used in psa 110:1, not about how you pronounce YEHWEH. Was trying to show you the upper case LORD, MEANT ALMIGHTY GOD,while the lower case lord meant a human ruler like jesus is.

Peace and love to you and yours, …..gene

Miia
    Participant

To the original poster @Caroline,

Forgiveness sets US free.

For example, I forgave my ex despite him being “somewhat” of a narcissist, etc. It was up to others to believe his lies or not….. and life has a strange way of exposing people eventually for what they really are, so long as we ourselves remain calm, honest and don’t go to their level.

Forgiveness to me does not mean I need to have much to do with the other person other than to be well mannered, hospitable, and kind when in their presence.

Water under the bridge in all ways.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Miia,

Yes.

Walking in faith is walking in forgiveness.

Knowing we have a Father who can take care of our problems if we let them go.

Miia
    Participant

Absolutely Nick

Viewing 6 posts - 81 through 86 (of 86 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account