For the few remaining churches that preach salvati

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 89 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CB,
    So which of the competing divisions is correct?
    Of course the body of Christ is not divided.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CB,
    So why do you think God's own Spirit is a separate person from Him?

Christian Biker
    Participant

Hi Nick
    How about you try to form a question to what was actually said?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TC,
    So God pours out His own Spirit into Christ and through him into us?
    That is right.

The Spirit of God is as the finger of God[Lk11 cf Mt12]

SALVATION COMES FROM THE LORD.
    ACTS 2:38 THEN PETER SAID UNTO THEM REPENT AND BE BAPTIZED IN THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST FOR THE REMISSION OF SINS AND YE SALL RECIEVE THE GIFT OF THE HOLY GHOST.

JESUS SAID HE IS THE DOOR ANY THAT COME ANY OTHER WAY IS A THIEFV AND A ROBBER.

SO NOW I ASK IS SALVATION ONLY “THE SINNERS PRAYER?”
    I SAY THERE MUST BE PROOF OF SALVATION

Quote (t8 @ June 30 2009,21:33)
    Hi Christian Biker.

Regarding denominations, I am not a fan of them because they create unnecessary division. It is also a bad witness to an unbeleiving world when there are so many divisions. Jesus said that the world would beleive that Jesus was sent by God when we become one.

Your point about most of us being saved in adenomination is not really that valid when you consider that the body of Christ exists inside and outside demonimations. It is the body that reaches out to the world to help join people to Christ. Judging by the outward appearance might seem to validate denominations, but do we have eyes to see the body of Christ instead? Surely it is the body that Christ uses to reach out to the unsaved with his gospel.

It is true that some organisations preach to people in their own name however. This is one of the things that denominations can fall easily fall into. They become kingdoms unto themselves and people end up serving them more than God.

I personally am for the body of Christ and against anything that tries to divide the body in any way.

So it is not so much me being antidenominational, but pro the body of Christ. After all it is Christ´s body and if we don´t love the body, then how can we love the head of that body?

Hi t8

Believe it or not “divisions” are not always bad.

For instance the NT churches were “divided” by the locality!

Well it is obvious that a website is not the answer for unity either is it?

Nothing can take the place of the gathering together of the saints.

There is no perfect “ekklēsia”, (church or gathering) because no one is perfect yet.

Common sense tells us God wants his body to come together as the NT churches did and the scriptures teach.

Call it the Church of Kernersville or the Church of Alexandria makes no difference, just as the seven churches in Revelations had a name, or call it nothing,

The point being we are not to forsake the assembling of ourselves together.

Find a church that believes mostly what you believe and go and contribute and fellowship with the Lords Body, this is what “koinōnia” is all about. According to 1 Cor 12 and Ephesians 4 we need the gifts to come to maturity!

Blessings WJ

Quote (Christian Biker @ June 30 2009,23:37)
    Hi Marty,
    Hi Irene,
    Thanks for responding.
    I know there is much debate in here about the trinity. In my opinion the term trinity is used to interconnect the three things that must BE in order to have salvation;
    1)There must BE a God or there is no creation
    2)There must BE the Spirit of God or Holy Ghost to communicate Gods will and hear prayer
    3)And there must BE Jesus Christ to awaken our spirit to allow communication with Gods Spirit
    I honestly don’t care if you want to view them as 3 separate entities or 1 entity but we have to have all 3 in order to have salvation. Be they combined 3 into 1 or 3 separate entities I believe that the 3 come together and form the Godhead. If you want to view the Godhead as 3 separate entities that is fine with me!

John 21:25
    And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen.

If we can’t know all the things Jesus has done we certainly cannot know all the things of the Father and Spirit. It is far beyond our comprehension the thoughts, motives, and ways of God except that little that he has left in the written word.

Acts 17:29
    Forasmuch then as we are the offspring of God, we ought not to think that the Godhead is like unto gold, or silver, or stone, graven by art and man's device.

We forget it is by faith not physical. You will not find God by physical findings at archeological digs. You’ll not find God in your physical readings. You’ll only find God by faith

Romans 1:20
    For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:

God has written his word on the inward parts of all men. Once your spirit has been awakened you can separate the lies from the truth by checking them against your heart. God can use a charlatan televangelist who is asking you to send in a thousand dollars to deliver a massage to you. He may mean it for evil but God means all things for good.

Colossians 2:9
    For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

There are three distinct pieces that we must have in order to have salvation: God, the Spirit of God, and Jesus Christ. Combined they form the Godhead. Whether they be together 1 entity or three separate entities they are the Godhead.

Hi CB

Excellent points! The fact that the 3 are spoken of and this is “unambiguous” in scripture, which cannot be seperated nor even defined in there nature other than their roles, should give some reservation before denying the Trinitarian view.

Blessings WJ

KangarooJack
    Participant

t8 said:

I personally am for the body of Christ and against anything that tries to divide the body in any way.

t8,
    If you are sincere that you are “against anything” that tries to divide the body of Christ “in any way” then you will dismantle this website.

thinker

Cindy
    Participant

W.J. I do know that you mean well, and you are sincere in what you believe. However there is also a Scripture that tells us that the Father is above all. Ephesians 4:6 and Jesus Himself told us that :” My Father is greater then I.” We also know that the Head of the Wife is the Husband and the Head of Christ is God the Father. Those Scriptures disprove the trinity doctrine. Fellowship with others is well and good, however if we believe differently, how can we fellowship with each other. You did tell me once before that there are other Churches that do not believe in the trinity, but were are they? Either they believe in the trinity or they are such fundamentalist that they are almost like Jewish Brothers and Sisters. I do call them that because they do believe in Jesus and that is essential.
    So Geog and I fellowship with Christ and our Heavenly Father.
    With all our Love and Peace to you, Irene

Quote (Cindy @ July 02 2009,06:47)
    W.J.  I do know that you mean well, and you are sincere in what you believe.  However there is also a Scripture that tells us that the Father is above all.  Ephesians 4:6 and Jesus Himself told us that :” My Father is greater then I.”  We also know that the Head of the Wife is the Husband and the Head of Christ is God the Father.  Those Scriptures disprove the trinity doctrine.  Fellowship with others is well and good, however if we believe differently, how can we fellowship with each other.  You did tell me once before that there are other Churches that do not believe in the trinity, but were are they?  Either they believe in the trinity or they are such fundamentalist that they are almost like Jewish Brothers and Sisters.  I do call them that because they do believe in Jesus and that is essential.

CINDY, I AM IN A CHURCH THAT DOES NOT BELIEVE THE TRINITY, WE IN THE APOSTOLIC PENTECOSTAL CHRCHES ( NOT APOSTOLIC CHRISTIAN) DO BELIEVE IN FATHER SON AND HOLY GHOST, BUT AS ONE NOT THERR PERSONS. FOR FURTHER look into churches that bdelieve oneness not trinity look on Apostolic-Churches.com to find a non trinitarian church in your area

EXCEPT A MAN BE BORN AGIN HE CANNOT ENTER THE KINGDOM OF GOD

Cindy
    Participant

Quote (Jesus name follower of Christ @ July 04 2009,01:11)
    EXCEPT A MAN BE BORN AGIN HE CANNOT ENTER THE KINGDOM OF GOD

My Husband and I have been :” Born again.”  In 1985 in a cold garage.  We also were laid Hands on, which most Ministers do not do.  Is it necessary to do so? It has always been a question, and so far nobody has answered me. We belonged to the W.W.Church of God for 10 years and there we were Baptized. Since then the Church went back to believing in the trinity doctrine, which we do not believe in.  So we have stayed Home.  However God has revealed some important doctrines to us. My Husband is very knowledgeable in Prophecy and Ancient History.  He has put up here several post's nobody has said much about.  
    As far as going to a Pentecostal Church, our Daughter has gone to one and they speak in tongues, which I am not to found of. We are getting to old for trying new things. My Husband is 71 and I am 70 years old. I know that God is with us, and that is the most important thing in my life now.
    Peace and Love Irene

Quote (Cindy @ July 01 2009,14:47)
    W.J.  I do know that you mean well, and you are sincere in what you believe.  However there is also a Scripture that tells us that the Father is above all.  Ephesians 4:6 and Jesus Himself told us that :” My Father is greater then I.”  We also know that the Head of the Wife is the Husband and the Head of Christ is God the Father.  Those Scriptures disprove the trinity doctrine.  Fellowship with others is well and good, however if we believe differently, how can we fellowship with each other.  You did tell me once before that there are other Churches that do not believe in the trinity, but were are they?  Either they believe in the trinity or they are such fundamentalist that they are almost like Jewish Brothers and Sisters.  I do call them that because they do believe in Jesus and that is essential.

Hi Irene

What you are saying makes no sense because if we cannot fellowship unless we agree in everything, then we would have to be perfect clones.

With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love; “Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit” in the bond of peace….

Till we all come in the unity of the faith“, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ: Eph 4:2, 3, 13

There is a lot of talk about keeping Gods commandments here yet many fail to keep his commandment to not forsake the assembling of ourselves together.

Blessings WJ

IF THE CHURCH CHANGES DOCTRIND ON ONENESS THEN BACK TO TRINITY I ASK WHERE IS THE WORD TRINITY IN THE BIBLE. ? I LOVE THE LORD WITH ALL MY HEART AND DO MESS UP AT TIMES. IF BELIEVE THE WHOLE BIBLE YOU BELIEVE IN ALL THE GIFTS OF THE SPIRIT TOO. I WAS BAPTIZED IN JESUS NAME, ANDSINCE THN HaVE SPOKE IN TOUNGES. I BELIEVE THAT IS THE INITIAL EVEDANCE OF THE SPIRIT, BUT NOT THE ONLY WAY YOU SEE SOMEONE ELS HAS THE SPIRIT

Quote (Jesus name follower of Christ @ July 03 2009,11:46)
    IF THE CHURCH CHANGES DOCTRIND ON ONENESS THEN BACK TO TRINITY I ASK WHERE IS THE WORD TRINITY IN THE BIBLE. ? I LOVE THE LORD WITH ALL MY HEART AND DO MESS  UP AT TIMES.  IF  BELIEVE THE WHOLE BIBLE YOU BELIEVE IN ALL THE GIFTS OF THE SPIRIT TOO.  I WAS BAPTIZED IN JESUS NAME, ANDSINCE THN HaVE SPOKE IN TOUNGES. I BELIEVE THAT IS THE INITIAL EVEDANCE OF THE SPIRIT, BUT NOT THE ONLY WAY YOU SEE SOMEONE ELS HAS THE SPIRIT

Hi Follower

Where is the word “Oneness” found in the Bible?

Where is the word homosexual fourd in the Bible?

But you do believe that homosexuallity is found in the scriptures don't you?

WJ

Cindy
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ July 04 2009,03:24)

Hi Irene

What you are saying makes no sense because if we cannot fellowship unless we agree in everything, then we would have to be perfect clones.

With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love; “Endeavouring to keep the unity of the Spirit” in the bond of peace….

Till we all come in the unity of the faith“, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ: Eph 4:2, 3, 13

There is a lot of talk about keeping Gods commandments here yet many fail to keep his commandment to not forsake the assembling of ourselves together.

Blessings WJ

W.J. Are You giving us a new commandment. I did not think that it is a commandment to belong to a Church that teaches wrong doctrines. If I am not wrong does Rev. tell us to come out of it, my People! We tryed that, to go to a Church. We belonged to a Baptist Church with our Son, who still belongs there. My Husband got so upset with the Music, that we did not go again. We aslso believe that some of the Music today is Satan inspired. Long haired Ministers, that Rock and Roll in Church. Do you believe that Christ loves that? Yes, He loves the person, but not what He does. We even had the Pastor come to our House, and we discussed those doctrines. The end result was, ” Let us agree to disagree.” If we would be wrong by not going, do you think that God would reveal more truths to us? I don't think so. Look I do like you as a Person, but we simple do not agree on this.
    Peace and Love Irene

HOMOSEXUALITY IM NOT SURE THAT THE WORD IS IN THE IBLE BUT MARRUGH IS IN GODS EYES BETWEEN ONE MAN AND ONE WOMAN.

ONE LORD ONE FAITH AND ONE BAPTISM EPH 4:5 IF U STILL DONT SEE ONLY ONE GOD DIG DEEPER, ALL KINDS OF SCRIPTURES POINT TO ONLY 1 GOD NOT 3 gods IN ONE GOD.

READ 1 JOHN 5:7 AND SEE IF THERE IS ANY WAY TO COME UP WITH MORE THAN ONE GOD I CANT

LOVE YALL:laugh:

KangarooJack
    Participant

WJ said:

Hi Irene

“Till we all come in the unity of the faith”, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ: Eph 4:2, 3, 13

WJ,
    In the ESV Hebrews 10:25 reads like this,

Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage on another, and all the more asyuo see the day approaching.

The verses which precede this statement are the basis for our meeting together. It is because we have confidence to enter the most holy place by the blood of Jesus. It is on account of this that we are exhorted to persevere and meet together. Those who are in the “habit” of not meeting together have lost their confidence though they would say otherwise. They have gotten fed up with people because they have taken their eyes off of Jesus. But Paul said that “Love covers a multitude of sins.”

thinker

Quote (thethinker @ July 04 2009,04:06)
    WJ said:

Hi Irene

“Till we all come in the unity of the faith”, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ: Eph 4:2, 3, 13

WJ,
    In the ESV Hebrews 10:25 reads like this,

Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage on another, and all the more asyuo see the day approaching.

The verses which precede this statement are the basis for our meeting together. It is because we have confidence to enter the most holy place by the blood of Jesus. It is on account of this that we are exhorted to persevere and meet together. Those who are in the “habit” of not meeting together have lost their confidence though they would say otherwise. They have gotten fed up with people because they have taken their eyes off of Jesus. But Paul said that “Love covers a multitude of sins.”

thinker

THINKER,

WE SHOULD MEET TOGETHER TO SARE FAITH AND EXPIREANCES, TESTEMONIES, AND TO HEAR THE WORD KEEPING THE BOND OF PEACE

LOVE IN CHRIST

Quote (Cindy @ July 03 2009,12:00)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ July 04 2009,03:24)

Hi Irene

Blessings WJ

W.J.  Are You giving us a new commandment. I did not think that it is a commandment to belong to a Church that teaches wrong doctrines. If I am not wrong does Rev. tell us to come out of it, my People! We tryed that, to go to a Church.  We belonged to a Baptist Church with our Son, who still belongs there.  My Husband got so upset with the Music, that we did not go again. We aslso believe that some of the Music today is Satan inspired. Long haired Ministers, that Rock and Roll in Church.  Do you believe that Christ loves that?  Yes, He loves the person, but not what He does. We even had the Pastor come to our House, and we discussed those doctrines. The end result was, ” Let us agree to disagree.”  If we would be wrong by not going, do you think that God would reveal more truths to us?  I don't think so. Look I do like you as a Person, but we simple do not agree on this.
    Peace and Love Irene

Hi Irene

I only give you the scriptures that says we are to endevour to keep the unity of the Spirit until we come into the unity of the faith and not forsake the assembling of ourselves together.

The scriptures speak for themselves!

WJ

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 89 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account