Mikeboll’s belief in a flat world

Viewing 20 posts - 301 through 320 (of 6,415 total)
  • Author
    mikeboll64
    Blocked

T8:  I cannot personally verify [how and why we have auroras]…

Neither can I.  So since we are unable to personally verify the stories we’ve been told about Antarctica and auroras, it’s best we leave them behind for now, and focus on things we are able to personally verify, don’t you think?

What’s your answer on the Tower of Babel?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Nick:  Hi Mike and dig4,

Ok the site is now flooded…

Are you satisfied yet…

I’m actually disappointed, Nick.  I thought I’d present a few simple pieces of evidence that anyone can consider and test for themselves, and that it would bring a respectful, thoughtful back and forth discussion.  That’s what I expected from the people I’ve grown to know on this site.  That hasn’t happened, and it makes me a little sad, to tell the truth.  Ed hasn’t joined in.  Gene is too busy arguing about math he doesn’t understand, and images that he couldn’t possibly confirm actually came from space.  You haven’t even tried to carry on a rational conversation about the things I’ve been presenting.  miia seems to have gone mia.  And Kathi can’t even bring herself to show up here and discuss the things I’ve presented. And that’s the one that hurts the most… when a person is so headstrong about the story they’ve been indoctrinated into that they won’t even spend a minute or two looking at the observational evidence.

I was hoping this would be a case of iron sharpening iron – like we all did on scriptural issues in the old days.  I guess I was wrong, and it hurts a little.  Oh well, at least T8 is up for the rational back and forth I thought all of you guys would be up for.  And Andrew has also made some thought-provoking posts.

Anyway, thanks for asking.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Mike,

An invition to join the conversation at the Flat Earth society might have been better.

A more appropriate venue for such an odd subject.

Yes I believe scripture.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

T8:  A mountain or city skyline that cannot be seen most days means special circumstances need to be in place in order to see them. This is true for both models. So how does this favour the Flat Earth really.

It’s true that to see things that are very far off in the distance, you need favorable conditions in either model.  The difference is that we are able to see things that, even in the most favorable conditions, would be hidden by curvature in the ball model.  For example, in the ball model, we can see a small ski boat disappear over the horizon at 3-4 miles distance.  But even in the most favorable conditions, we could not see that boat at, say, 7 miles distance – because there’d be 32 feet of curvature hiding the 6 foot tall boat.

So when we are able to see that boat at 10 or 20 miles away in favorable conditions, it is irrefutable proof that the earth is not what we’ve been told.

Dig4truth
    Participant

Boy, if we thought the tower of Babel brought everyone together then what must we make of the new World Wide Web or www, or in Hebrew vav, vav, vav, or in numerical value 666?

Waw/Vav (wāw “hook”) is the sixth letter of the Semitic abjads, including Phoenician wāw Phoenician waw.svg, Aramaic waw Waw.svg, Hebrew vav ו‬, Syriac waw ܘ and Arabic wāw و (sixth in abjadi order; 27th in modern Arabic order).

Vav in gematria represents the number six, and when used at the beginning of Hebrew years, it means 6000 (i.e. ותשנד in numbers would be the date 6754.)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waw_(letter)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Mike,

I rarely read much of what you post now.

I have no interest in your personal obsession.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

D4T: Ok, the concept that really sucks! Vacuum!  (2.22 minutes)

Please, if anyone has an idea how our atmosphere can coexist with the vacuum of space – speak out!

What a great video by an ex-atheist evolutionist who came to believe in a Creator after realizing that we don’t live on an insignificant little dot in a vast universe loaded with trillions of other insignificant little dots.  It seems all we’re hearing about this vacuum versus pressurized atmosphere thing is crickets.  Really guys?  Nobody even has a comment on this conundrum?

Dig4truth
    Participant

I would love to hear any response to the vacuum of space discussion.

Does our air that thins out (becomes less dense and thereby becomes less susceptible to “gravity” just stay in place? Or does it go into the vacuum of space, which is much more powerful?

Any thoughts?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

D4T:  Boy, if we thought the tower of Babel brought everyone together then what must we make of the new World Wide Web or www, or in Hebrew vav, vav, vav, or in numerical value 666?

Waw/Vav (wāw “hook”) is the sixth letter of the Semitic abjads, including Phoenician wāw Phoenician waw.svg, Aramaic waw Waw.svg, Hebrew vav ו‬, Syriac waw ܘ and Arabic wāw و (sixth in abjadi order; 27th in modern Arabic order).

Vav in gematria represents the number six, and when used at the beginning of Hebrew years, it means 6000 (i.e. ותשנד in numbers would be the date 6754.)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waw_(letter)

That is some great info I had never heard.  You hear that, Eddy?  Dig4truth is speaking your language now.  🙂

Dig4truth
    Participant

There’s gravity, which apparently gets them down, and there’s the water that is supposed to form on the outside of a container, and then there is the measurable curve, which doesn’t seem to materialize in our observations. Oh, I get it now, this subject needs to go silent. Did I mention the vacuum? Air pressure and a vacuum together and in harmony, sounds more like a Paul McCartney song than science, but I really like Paul.

Think out of the box they have put you in.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Mike,

The Genesis accounts are difficult time wise.

Folks lived several centuries and had children late in life

Noah lived 950 years and perhaps many others lived similar ages?

So when it says in Gen 1o

”The sons of Javan were Elishah and Tarshish, Kittim and Dodanim.From these the coastlines of the nations were separated into their lands, every one according to their language, according to their families, into their nations.

You might think it contradicts Gen 11.

But generations often would have overlapped.

Dig4truth
    Participant

Nick, are we talking about several thousand years or billions?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi dig4,

In relation to what?

NickHassan
    Participant

Typo alert.

Not Moses but Noah.

Sorted!

Dig4truth
    Participant

Nick, in relation to our observed time line. You know, one year, two, ten, twenty, fourty, etc.

So is it a few thousand or billions?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Dig4,

Are we talking about Babylon, towers, vaults, vacuums or gravity?

or am only I confused?

Dig4truth
    Participant

Nick, your comment:

“The Genesis accounts are difficult time wise. Folks lived several centuries and had children late in life

Noah lived 950 years and perhaps many others lived similar ages? So when it says in Gen 1o ”The sons of Javan were Elishah and Tarshish, Kittim and Dodanim.From these the coastlines of the nations were separated into their lands, every one according to their language, according to their families, into their nations. You might think it contradicts Gen 11. But generations often would have overlapped.”

Not sure why you are asking me what we are talking about. You brought up the “time line” of Genesis. I simply asked if it was a discrepancy of thousands or billions of years. Still waiting for the answer.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Dig4,

Thank you for clarifying the question.

Your guess is as good as mine.

Some had children early but others later.

Perhaps some saw their great, great, great …..grandchildren.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi dig4,

Fascinating stuff.

God pronounced that He would not strive with man anymore in Gen6 and that his days would be 120 years.

But ,as well as Noah and his sons outliving that time,  Shelah, Eber, Serug, Peleg and Reu lived far longer perhaps showing the blessing of God.

Who has the answers?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,

Perhaps the 120 years did not relate to lifespan but was the time before God would bring the flood?

Viewing 20 posts - 301 through 320 (of 6,415 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account