Mikeboll’s belief in a flat world

Viewing 20 posts - 3,341 through 3,360 (of 6,417 total)
  • Author
    mikeboll64
    Blocked

Hey Gene, what do you think of this official ISS footage?

Do you think it’s “real” when dudes are just floating around in the vacuum of space doing menial tasks, and then all of a sudden gravity kicks in out of nowhere?

Proclaimer
    Participant

No, because outer space doesn’t exist.  But here’s the thing… people don’t look up in the sky and see a Boeing 747 and cry “UFO!”, right?  A 747 is a normal sight in the sky, and therefore no reason to think it’s anything but a normal 747, right?  But when a person looks up and sees something that looks and moves differently than the norm, then common sense tells them this is not a normal 747, right?  So people can easily tell the difference between normal and abnormal, right?

But clouds are normal and that is what contrails are. Nature gives us clouds, and you don’t think humans could create them too if we threw condensation into the air.

Have you ever seen a snow machine? Looks like real snow right? Because it is. Or is it fake? Maybe that is a conspiracy too.

See if you can spot some CGI or fakeness in this video because if man cannot create clouds from planes, then what chance does he have of creating snow from a much smaller machine right?

Proclaimer
    Participant

Why not just Google “Hebrew cosmology”, T8?  You’ll find tons of scholarly articles from Hebrew and Biblical experts… and a bunch of secular articles from atheists who consider belief in a creator god the stupidest thing ever.  What they have in common is that NONE of them are flat earthers, and ALL of them will tell you that the Bible teaches a stationary earth with a dome over it in which the sun, moon, and stars circle over the earth.

Lol, those Atheists have you eating out of their palms. Some people would call that being a useful fool, a term that is used in the intelligence community.

But haven’t we been through this before. Doesn’t the Bible also teach that a two edged sword will come from the mouth of the coming messiah, scorpions will hurt men from their tails for months and have heads like people,  a woman wearing a crown of 12 stars floating in the heavens will give birth to the messiah, and that the sun will go down, (under the disk lol).

Or is it just normal to speak of observations symbolically and from our PERSPECTIVE (which is truth) and that perspectives can change depending on where, when, how, they are being viewed (which is also truth).

Maybe just a bit of common sense is in order Mike, rather than write off the Bible or actually take everything literally with no perspective whatsoever?

That train travelling at 1000 mile an hour viewed from someone outside is a rushing train. From inside the train it is a rushing landscape. Both are perspectives Mike. It’s common sense mate but it seems to be lacking.

Proclaimer
    Participant

As for the close sun, let’s talk about reality

Proclaimer
    Participant

The Earth is bigger than Flat Earther’s can imagine

T8:  Now try and imagine the same train going around a circular track measuring a whopping 40,075 km in circumference. You wouldn’t feel it.

Mike: How were you able to confirm that?  And what would happen if you opened a window on that train?

Here are the points that you and I have mentioned. I cannot be bothered checking out to see if each is correct. I will quote what I googled and what you have stated.

• 40,075 km circumference
    • 1,600 km /h (1000 mph)

Let’s scale it down to something we can relate to by using simple division.

• Drive around a 40 km circumference at 1.6 km/h.
    • Or drive around a 25 mph circumference at 1 mph.
    • Drive around a 250 mph circumference at 10 mph.

Would you overrun the curve or stay right on track similar to driving on a straight road?

Proclaimer
    Participant

Mike: Why not just Google “Hebrew cosmology”, T8? You’ll find tons of scholarly articles from Hebrew and Biblical experts…

The same Hebrews who thought their Messiah would come with military might to deliver them from decades of captivity from earthly kings and pagan nations.

But just as the New Testament reveals a much better deliverance provided by Jesus the Messiah, (a deliverance from the power of sin), so it is that other ideas taken from the scriptures by ancient Hebrews didn’t meet their expectation like the coming of Elijah or the design of the cosmos as you state.

However, to be fair, the Hebrew cosmology is not too far off. In reality it is pretty much the same thing except you need to make the horizontal leveled layers as layers around a globe, around that is the dome or atmosphere and the heavens going further out. Inside the earth are the depths and even Hades. But from our perspective, it looks flat so the model is fine. Obviously they didn’t do it to scale and never claimed it to be science. Like most models, it is a representation from our perspective.

I think many FEs stumble over perspective. It is an easy concept and really shouldn’t be that difficult. The diagram below says a 1000 words. Perhaps consider what it means.

Truth and perspective

Sharp2edgedsword
    Participant

T8.    Your picture is “c.g.i” the example is false and shows truth?

Proclaimer
    Participant

Enough said, you have displayed your intellectual prowess for all to see. Not that I have a problem with people who are not academic, rather that they should stick to things they are gifted or good at. I wouldn’t dare for example claim my opinion matters in the world of art because I am so useless at it. It is wise to know your own limitations. lol. By the way, what gave it away as being CGI? 😉

Proclaimer
    Participant

No, because outer space doesn’t exist.

Because Flat Earth?

Right, so there is no space after the dome. There is nothing? A turtle shell? What?

Were you guys transported from the 17th century? If so, I can tell you that knowledge increased as the Bible stated it would.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Interesting effect

mikeboll64
    Blocked

T8:  Have you ever seen a snow machine? Looks like real snow right? Because it is. Or is it fake? Maybe that is a conspiracy too.

What a joke.  For the love of God, man… why don’t you just Google “geoengineering” and find out that it’s not a conspiracy?  That’s right… lots of “official mainstream” universities, government agencies, and media outlets have been talking about it for years.  There are none so blind as those who willingly refuse to see.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

T8:  But haven’t we been through this before. Doesn’t the Bible also teach that a two edged sword will come from the mouth of the coming messiah, scorpions will hurt men from their tails for months and have heads like people,  a woman wearing a crown of 12 stars floating in the heavens will give birth to the messiah, and that the sun will go down, (under the disk lol).

Always with the scriptural gymnastics rescue devices, huh?  Just enough wiggle room (in your mind) so that you don’t have to really accept any teachings from the scriptures that you don’t want to, right?  So when Joshua commanded the sun and moon to stand still in the sky, it was just a metaphor, right?

You completely disregarded the fact that ALL of the prominent scholars, atheist or otherwise, agree on what cosmology was taught in the scriptures.  Most don’t BELIEVE that’s the way the world really is, but they all agree that this is what the Bible actually taught.  You know it’s what the Bible teaches too… but you don’t WANT to accept it, and so you make excuses for God.

Btw, I told you many times that there is no Hebrew nor Greek scripture that says the sun “goes down” or “sets” or “rises”.  English Bibles use those kinds of terms, but the Hebrew and Greek scriptures do not.  They use words like “from the sun’s going forth to its coming in”.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

T8:  …so there is no space after the dome. There is nothing? A turtle shell? What?

The Bible says waters, so that is truly what is outside the firmament.  Or would you like to correct God on that point as well?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Here’s the latest…

Proclaimer
    Participant

But the sun is over 100 times the diameter of Earth in reality. Your logic assumes the sun is literally that small when it is only it’s distance that gives us that perspective. If the sun is over 100 times bigger, then if you remove the distance, how much of the sun would you see now? Heaps right? Now push it back to its distance from us and knowing that light travels in straight lines when not interfered with, why would we suddenly see much less of the actual sun (disregarding the loss of size)?

Proclaimer
    Participant

What a joke. For the love of God, man… why don’t you just Google “geoengineering” and find out that it’s not a conspiracy? That’s right… lots of “official mainstream” universities, government agencies, and media outlets have been talking about it for years. There are none so blind as those who willingly refuse to see.

You offer zero proof that those pics of contrails are actually chemtrails.

And of course people drop stuff from planes like fetilizers and even things to effect the weather. So what. No one is doubting that.

The doubt is those contrials you photograph. We don’t believe they are chemtrails being sprayed on the public to dumb them down.

Look if that is the case, then you have been dumbed down and I have not as we don’t have these. How can I trust your posts if you are dumb?

Proclaimer
    Participant

You completely disregarded the fact that ALL of the prominent scholars, atheist or otherwise, agree on what cosmology was taught in the scriptures. Most don’t BELIEVE that’s the way the world really is, but they all agree that this is what the Bible actually taught. You know it’s what the Bible teaches too… but you don’t WANT to accept it, and so you make excuses for God.

The Bible makes no claims on how our planet, sun, and other planets are organized.

But you obviously think that is not the case.

Provide three scriptures from the Bible please.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Houston we have a problem

Mike: Btw, I told you many times that there is no Hebrew nor Greek scripture that says the sun “goes down” or “sets” or “rises”.

That’s what you say Mike, but you will practically say anything to support your view. You have lost all objectivity it seems.

“Be angry and do not sin; do not let the sun go down (ἐπιδυέτω – epidyetō)  on your anger, and give no opportunity to the devil”

Strong’s Concordance

epiduó: to set (of the sun)
    Original Word: ἐπιδύω
    Part of Speech: Verb
    Transliteration: epiduó
    Phonetic Spelling: (ep-ee-doo’-o)
    Definition: to set (of the sun)
    Usage: I sink, set, set during, go down

This is what the Bible says, and as you take it literally and this doesn’t happen in the Flat Earth model, you sir have a problem.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Response to Globebusters

This guy totally wrecks a number of Flat Earth arguments with obvious facts.

I think it is safe to say this topic is done.

Team Globe wins.

Sharp2edgedsword
    Participant

Hey where are all those luminaries  and satellites in the picture above?

Viewing 20 posts - 3,341 through 3,360 (of 6,417 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account