First born of creation

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 277 total)
  • Author

Your flesh prevents you from seeing the truth sometimes. At first I thought it may be because you are young in the word, but that is not so. You have teachings that are carnal in nature and it is for this reason that you can not see that which is spiritual in some areas. This usually is the result of being self taught. Yet, you did pick up a good bit that is right. You do understand a man must be born again. Praise God for that. That is the most important thing.

Now, you say you have the spirit. Have you recieved the baptism of the Holy Spirit? If you have, can you elaborate if you don't mind? The reason why I ask Nick is because there is the difference between the part of the Holy Spirit we get when we get saved the the indwelling we get when we baptized in the Holy Spirit.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    Yes 26 plus years ago I was baptised in the Spirit.
    Then I was led by my new love of the word to leave catholicism and to be baptised in water.

It is carnal to rely only on the KJV as it is the result of the choices of manuscripts by carnal men.

Nick, I was reaching out to you. You ignored everything I wrote. I asked if you would elaborate and you did not. You just said you had it and that was it. What is your proof? How could you be baptized in the Spirit if you were not saved Nick? According to you a man is not saved until he is baptized in water.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    A man is saved when God says he is saved and not according to any instructions of mine or yours.

All I say is that we must preach “the way” of Jesus and baptism is one of his commands, and the rest is in the hands of God.

Many will be saved through the pure mercy of God outside of “the Way” and that is the right of God to make such choices to fill the places at the wedding table.

I have often shared my experiences among friendly people in these threads over the years, but I do not rely on any such experiences to prove my salvation. Obedience is a safer road.

You would make a good politician. You side step every bit as well.
    That is what amazes me most about you. You claim to be a follower of Christ, but you hide in the shadows. I do not know any saints that hide in the shadows.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    Do you know when someone has repented?
    Yet all are commanded to repent.
    Peter preached repentance at pentecost but did he or the others deny baptism to any because he did not think they had repented or repented enough?
    Did the disciples know who had or hadn't repented when 3000 souls were added to the kingdom in one day?
    Peter told Simon Magus he needed to repent in Acts 8.22
    “therefore repent of this wickedness of yours, and pray that if possible this intention of your heart may be forgiven you”
    but this was after he had been baptised[v13] and only after the Spirit had showed Peter that by the words of his mouth Simon had not fully done so.

We do not judge the heart but do what we must do and that is baptise, leaving the forgiveness and the inner cleansing of the conscience to Him who does see inside our hearts.

If a man who claims to be born again teaches another gospel or compromises the word of God, is their salvation not in danger? I am not saying one way or another if you are saved or not. That I do not know, for as you said, that is between man and God. I question your doctrine. It is not right. You don't go to church and according to the scriptures we should. Yet, you deny it to be so. So either the bible is wrong or you are wrong. Most believers believe it is essential to go to church, yet, you disagree. You have made claims that water baptism is what saves us. That is wrong. Now, there have been things we have agreed on and that is what the church should look like and which is Mark 16. You will be happy to know my church bears thoses signs. I believe the bride of Christ should resemble the church as in the days of the apostles. As God is the same, and unchanging, should not the church, once established be the same?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    Can your church save you?
    I meet with fellow believers-is that what you man by going to church?
    “In the same way baptism now saves you…”
    is scripture in 1Peter 3.
    Of course so does belief and repentance and the Spirit etc.
    So do not deny scripture in your carnal divisional ways as the Body is not divided.

Nick, why do you use sarcasm? You know that the church won't save you. It is faith that can save a man. Believing in Jesus, the Son of God.

Go to baptism post. You misinterpret 1Peter 3. It is not water baptism that saves us. Notice the words, not the putting away of the flesh.

So do not deny scripture in your carnal divisional ways as the Body is not divided.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    Let me show you a passage in the quaint old KJV
    1Peter 3.21
    “The like figure wherunto
    EVEN BAPTISM DOTH ALSO NOW SAVE US
    [not the putting away of the filth of the flesh but the answer of a good conscience towards God,]
    by the resurrection of Jesus Christ”

Nobody is suggesting that it is the whole answer of salvation but it is the demand of God that we submit to water baptism in the name of Jesus Christ. So please stop arguing against what is written in the only book you respect. [No “putting away” written here].

Doing so makes you greater than this book surely?

So you admit, water baptism does not save us. That is all I want you to say. I agree Nick, we should be baptized, but for you to teach others that baptism saves is contrary to the word of God. I just ask that you don't teach this doctrine for it is not of God. And if you are a follower of Christ and stand in all truth, you will write a formal apology for teaching false teaching. We are are human and we all fall short. Forgiveness and brotherly lovely is what unites us in Christ.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi H,
    You heard finally!

I quoted scripture.
    You gave your interpretation.

Which is truth?

Truth is every word that proceedth out of the mouth of God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Amen.Thank you.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    This is topical.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi kenrch,
    Perhaps this thread may help?

jmsad07
    Participant

Hi!
    The word firstborn does not litterally mean a created being but rather:

1) first in position
    ” Then you shall say to Pharaoh, 'Thus says the LORD: “Israel is My son, My firstborn. Exodus 4:22 NKJV

2) heir
    … for I am a Father to Israel, and Ephraim is My firstborn.
    Jer.31:9 NKJV

3) supreme
    Also I will make him My firstborn, the highest of the kings of the earth. Ps.89:27

Many anti-trinitarians claim that Jesus Christ was created being of God but this passages prove that they were all running out of interpretaion.

The mystery in the Bible can not be fathomed by the finite mind of human being if without the guidance of the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of Truht. Everyone must need to experience Scriptural illumination so that they could have faith to the mysterious and unseen things. “Christian life is from faith to faith”

If we will search for the passage in the Bible which proves the existence of Jesus in the Old Testament, It is quite difficult task because there is no name Jesus Christ ever mentioned in the old testament but there is a very mysterious personality known as the “Angel of the LORD.” Many theologians believed that the “Angel of the LORD”
    is the incarnated Son of God prior to His incarnation.

Let us examine the claim of Jesus Christ of His existence in the Old Testament;

Jesus said,
    “Your father Abraham rejoiced to see My day, and he saw it and was glad.” John 8:56 NKJV

… and he saw it and was glad.
    What does this verse mean?
    ” Then the Jews said to Him, “You are not yet fifty years old, and have You seen Abraham?” John 5:57 NKJV
    ” Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.”
    John 5:58 NKJV

If we will analyze the event during the destruction of Sodom and Gomorah the mysterious LORD appeared to him at the terebinth trees of Mamre;

…and when he saw them, he ran from the tent door to meet them, and bowed himself to the ground,(2)
    ” My LORD, if I have now found favor in Your sight, do not pass on Your servant.(3)
    And Abraham ran to the herd, took a tender calf, gave it to a young man, and he hastened to prepare it.(7)

Are these verses parallel to the gospel of Jonh,
    “Your father Abraham rejoiced to see My day, and he saw it and was glad.” John 8:56 NKJV

The Bible said that God is Spirit, and no one have seen God and live, the spirit does not have flesh and bones but if YAHWEH appeared to Abraham and ate the offered food of Abraham, does it contradict the nature of GOD as stated in the scripture.
    … and he stood by them under the tree as they ate.
    Gen. 18:8 NKJV
    If this event prove the pre-existence of the Son of God then Jesus is really God. (YAHWEH)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi jm,
    Welcome.
    Then if Jesus is God
    Who is
    The Son of God?

jmsad07
    Participant

Hi!
    The word firstborn does not litterally mean a created being but rather:

1) first in position
    ” Then you shall say to Pharaoh, 'Thus says the LORD: “Israel is My son, My firstborn. Exodus 4:22 NKJV

2) heir
    … for I am a Father to Israel, and Ephraim is My firstborn.
    Jer.31:9 NKJV

3) supreme
    Also I will make him My firstborn, the highest of the kings of the earth. Ps.89:27

Many anti-trinitarians claim that Jesus Christ was created being of God but this passages prove that they were all running out of interpretaion.

The mystery in the Bible can not be fathomed by the finite mind of human being if without the guidance of the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of Truht. Everyone must need to experience Scriptural illumination so that they could have faith to the mysterious and unseen things. “Christian life is from faith to faith”

If we will search for the passage in the Bible which proves the existence of Jesus in the Old Testament, It is quite difficult task because there is no name Jesus Christ ever mentioned in the old testament but there is a very mysterious personality known as the “Angel of the LORD.” Many theologians believed that the “Angel of the LORD”
    is the incarnated Son of God prior to His incarnation.

Let us examine the claim of Jesus Christ of His existence in the Old Testament;

Jesus said,

… and he saw it and was glad.
    What does this verse mean?
    ” Then the Jews said to Him, “You are not yet fifty years old, and have You seen Abraham?” John 5:57 NKJV
    ” Most assuredly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I AM.”
    John 5:58 NKJV

If we will analyze the event during the destruction of Sodom and Gomorah the mysterious LORD appeared to him at the terebinth trees of Mamre;

…and when he saw them, he ran from the tent door to meet them, and bowed himself to the ground,(2)
    ” My LORD, if I have now found favor in Your sight, do not pass on Your servant.(3)
    And Abraham ran to the herd, took a tender calf, gave it to a young man, and he hastened to prepare it.(7)

Are these verses parallel to the gospel of Jonh,

The Bible said that God is Spirit, and no one have seen God and live, the spirit does not have flesh and bones but if YAHWEH appeared to Abraham and ate the offered food of Abraham, does it contradict the nature of GOD as stated in the scripture.
    … and he stood by them under the tree as they ate.
    Gen. 18:8 NKJV
    If this event prove the pre-existence of the Son of God then Jesus is really God. (YAHWEH) Is there a man who existed before Abraham and did not experience death.

NickHassan
    Participant

Welcome.
    If Jesus is God,

Who then is the Son of God?

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 277 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account