Fellowship, any one?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 47 total)
  • Author
    Proclaimer
    Participant

I am going to the Barrier Reef and the Daintree rainforest tomorrow (with my wife). This is the only place in the world where 2 World Heritage areas meet. I went there once before and to this day I have never seen a place as idyllic. I'm going there to take photos for a website. So I won't be online much for the next 8 days.

Hope you don't get too jealous Nick. I know the weather here is getting colder now. He he.

See you when I get back (with my suntan).  :)

NickHassan
    Participant

Have a good time brother. I'm just waiting for the grapes to come off this week-when the rain stops.ciao.

Cubes
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Mar. 29 2005,22:48)
    I am going to the Barrier Reef and the Daintree rainforest tomorrow (with my wife).

Have a wonderful time, you guys.

Is 1:18
    Participant

Quote (Cubes @ Mar. 28 2005,22:16)
    Has the revelation of the endtimes been unfolding all along through the ages so that we are nearer the end of it, rather than waiting for it to begin.  By this, I mean the signs that are supposed to happen, including the Tribulations.  I shall be interested in your scriptural viewpoint.

Hi Cubes,
    I can answer this one, but i'll do it in a more appropriate thread.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hey Modem mouth, Adam Pastor,Paul T,
    Where do you guys hang out? Tell us more about yourselves.

Cubes
    Participant

I don't get to watch movies as much now, but I remember some old favorites.  I like musicals and one of my favorites besides Sound of Music is My Fair Lady with Audrey Heburn.

As a teenager my favorite scenes in Sound of Music were the scenes with Maria and the kids and that crazy song she sings when getting on the bus to meet the family; as an adult, it is the opening scene with Maria on the mountain and also, the moment when Christopher Plummer first hears music in his house followed by him beginning to sing as he walks into the hall to join the singing.  Naturally my favorite song in the movie is the title song, though Edelweiss is a close contender.

I have many hilarious moments in My Fair Lady, some of which come to mind when I start to post on the forum. Many favorite scenes and characters, but Mr. Doolittle gets the cake, especially in the scene where he is telling Rex that he didn't want anymore money than he'd asked and goes to expound on his reasons why. Got him a job in Paliament.

The movie “Babe” with the pig is a strong favorite too, though not a musical.

What's yours?

NickHassan
    Participant

Sorry cubes,
    Can't stand movies. Got put off by ones like “Good Will Boring”. Reality is enjoyable enough without needing to escape into fantasy for me.
    I love all singing though, including Barbershop chorus and quartet.. I bet you sing.

trettep
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 30 2005,08:44)
    Hey Modem mouth, Adam Pastor,Paul T,
    Where do you guys hang out? Tell us more about yourselves.

I'm a family man for the most part. I don't watch much TV other than the news. If I do its usually comedies. I don't belong to any religous organizations by men (such as those incorporated with the state). I don't fellowship publiclly with others in my faith (I would if I could). I believe that time should be much more focused on God and the pursuit of the Kingdom.

Paul

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Paul,
    Are you in the UK or Europe? How old are your kids now?

trettep
    Participant

I'm in the USA. My oldest is 19.

Paul

NickHassan
    Participant

Thanks Paul,
    Do you come from any denomination? Have you found others who do share some spiritual insights?We are in the grandparent stage and it is to be recommended. We are off to a dedication of the youngest in Wellington this weekend,with her parents, and a brother of mine,and with our daughter and her husband back from London.We will meet with t8 for the first time there.

Cubes
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 05 2005,00:28)
    Thanks Paul,
    Do you come from any denomination? Have you found others who do share some spiritual insights?We are in the grandparent stage and it is to be recommended. We are off to a dedication of the youngest in Wellington this weekend,with her parents, and a brother of mine,and with our daughter and her husband back from London.We will meet with t8 for the first time there.

That's great, Nick. Enjoy and God bless.
    I don't know about the barbershop quartet but I probably should. :D

Proclaimer
    Participant

Hi guys,

I'm back from the Daintree and I have a suntan.
    Enjoyed the rainforest. Swam in the rivers, saw waterfalls, crocodiles, huge spiders, kangaroos, emus and beautiful birds and colourful butterflies.

We rented a 4WD, but it had a resident that I couldn't get rid of, (a huntsman spider I think). It managed to hide under the car even at speeds of 110 km/h. When the car stopped it did things like crawl over the windscreen at a leasurly pace. My wife was very scared of that spider. It was huge.

We decided to spend the last 2 days in the Gold Coast (a Miami clone) just to get a different experience from the wilds of the rainforest. The beach was very nice, but very touristy and developed.
    http://www.virtualoceania.net/australia/photos/cities/goldcoast/

NickHassan
    Participant

Suntan? naaah.
    Great to be able to put a face and a soul though to what I knew about you from cyberspace t8.
    Keep up the good work brother.
    Next time let's break bread as one in him?

Cubes
    Participant

Nick & t8,

How did it go you guys? Nick, how did the dedication and family gathering go? does t8 look as knightly as his avatar seems and t8, is Nick as studious? Hahahaa… Now you know why I have my avatar…a lot of blue sky!

Eek for spiders. Daintree sounds lovely…and we had a great sunny, spring weekend. Did lots of yard work. We took Mongo swimming in the woods…water was still too cold but he did initiate getting in the water when we all went in. He was distressed to see everyone in the water and had no choice but to come after us. He did not attempt a rescue but swam. He displayed his displeasure with us for letting him have to come after us and get soaking wet.

t8, say hello to your wife, and I hope she posts sometimes.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi cubes,
    A very friendly and loving gathering and we loved every minute. My brother and his family came along and enjoyed their experience ouside of catholic ritual. Our daughter and husband from England had also just arrived and have come back here with us for a few days so the joy continues.
    No t8 is barely recognisable from his avatar [though I think that is a photo of me]. But he is a quiet, gentle, inclusive and caring man and his wife is lovely too.

Cubes
    Participant

Cool.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi What is true,
    Where are you studying? How is it going. Do you find it easy going or do you have to struggle with differing views? Do you have a family with you?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Rudy,
    Where are you based? Would you care to tell us a bit about yourself. I feel this cyberspace barrier is unhelpful in developing the community of believers though it is good for developing knowledge. The body though does need to recognise it's parts wherever they are. Do you agree?

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 11 2005,20:31)
    No t8 is barely recognisable from his avatar

But you haven't seen me in a full suit of armour have you?
    :)

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 47 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account