Favourite Things

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Heavens
    Participant

I just thought it would be nice to learn a little about each other – outside of our faith

If you don't want to post, that's fine….but please, don't spoil it for others by posting negative remarks. Thanks

To save some typing, why not cut and paste from here:

———————————————————–

Country of Birth:

Town:

Overseas Travel:

Homeland Travel:

Favourite Song(s):

Favourite Book(s):

Favourite TV Show(s):

Favourite Movie(s)

Favourite Saying:

Something Else I'd Like To Share:

Heavens
    Participant

Have a lot of fun finding out about each other.

I wish you all nothing but good things.

God bless!

Country of Birth: Germany

Town: Rheine

Overseas Travel: Germany, Black Forest, Switzerland, Bodensee, Berlin, Mexico

Homeland Travel:Tampa, Florida, Murtle Beach, Daytona Beach, Kentucky, Tennesee, Gorgia. Lake of the Ozark. Cumberland Lake, Lake Dale Hollow. Niagra Falls, Columbus, Chicago, Cleveland. I hope I got them all we traveled all over the U.S.A. when we belonged to the W.W.C. of God.

Favourite Song(s):How Great thou art.

Favourite Book(s): The Bible

Favourite TV Show(s): Nick at Night.

Favourite Movie(s) The King and I. The Sound of Music. Little Mary Sinshine.

Favourite Saying: God grand me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change.
    Courage to change things I can,
    And Wisdom to know the difference.

Something Else I'd Like To Share: Just that I like Music and like to sing. Like to talk and need to listen more.
    Peace and Love Mrs.
    ——————————————————————————–

bump Please come and share!!!!!!!!!

Peace and Love Mrs. :D :D :D

seekingtruth
    Participant

Country of Birth: USA

Town: South Bend, IN

Overseas Travel: England, Germany, France, Italy, Belgium, Luxembourg, Switzerland, Austria, not overseas but Canada and Mexico.

Homeland Travel: Southwest, Midwest, Southeast

Favourite Song(s): Keith Green songs

Favourite Book(s): Bible

Favourite TV Show(s): Stargate

Favourite Movie(s) Lord of the Ring

Favourite Saying: Anything for you babe (of course only to my wife, with a slight condescending tone, lol)

Something Else I'd Like To Share: The Lord has blessed me with two great kids and a wonderful wife. I have grown in leaps and bounds since joining this site.

Not3in1
    Participant

Country of Birth: Good ol' USA

Town: WA State

Overseas Travel: Jamaica, Mexico, South Korea

Homeland Travel: All of the West Coast and part of the mid-West. Also, Florida, Arkansas, Lousianna (for 10 minutes – we were lost), Arizona….goodnes I can't remember, I know I'm leaving some states out.

Favourite Song(s): I adore Keith Green, too! I've listened to him since I was a kid (have all his albums). I love the group called, Watermark and their song, “Arise and be Comforted”. I dig all the bands from the Jesus movement of the 70's, like The 2nd Chapter of Acts, Love Song, Andrea Crouch and other's. Too many fav's to list. I love music – have it playing all the time.

Favourite Book(s): Margaret Brown, Leaving Church

Favourite TV Show(s): I'm not a huge TV fan. But I enjoyed the series, Thirtysomething when it was on back in the early 90's. I confess that I also like King of Queens and Everyone Loves Raymond. Also the Travel Channel or the History Channel.

Favourite Movie(s) Anna and the King, Not without my daughter, A river runs through it, Stepmom, Little Women

Favourite Saying: Judge your success by what you had to give up in order to get it.

Something Else I'd Like To Share: I collect orphan teacups (I have nearly 200 of them). People contact me from all over the nation to see if I have a missing cup from their setting. I also collect vintage Latticino art glass and toys from the 70's. I love playing Chess with my son, and gardening with my daughter. My husband and I enjoy boating, baseball games, and gardening.

Stu
    Participant

Country of Birth: New Zealand

Town: Wellington

Overseas Travel: UK, Ireland, France, Germany, Czech Republic, Italy, Austria, Slovakia, Slovenia, Hungary, Poland, Spain, Portugal, Netherlands, Belgium, Denmark, Andorra, Liechtenstein, Monaco, Luxembourg, USA and Canada. Japan, and South Korea were stopovers and don’t count. Tried to enter Australia but failed due to not having a criminal record.

Homeland Travel: Most of it. Never been to Chatham Islands or Stewart Island.

Favourite Song(s): The Galaxy Song (Eric Idle)

Favourite Book(s): The Very Hungry Caterpillar (Eric Carle); The Blind Watchmaker (Richard Dawkins)

Favourite TV Show(s): The episode of the BBC’s ‘Room 101’ that featured Stephen Fry; Antiques Roadshow; House (I watch for the brilliance of Hugh Laurie)…I do prefer radio…

Favourite Movie(s) The Seventh Seal (Bergman); Braindead (Peter Jackson)

Favourite Saying: Just about any quote of the writings or sayings of Douglas Adams or Richard Feynman.

Favourite Music: The symphonies of Borodin; the orchestral piano music of Rachmaninov; Bach, Mozart and Beethoven of course, Faure’s Requiem, Brahms’ Variations on a theme of Haydn; most albums by Bill Evans, Keith Jarrett, Chick Corea, some by Oscar Peterson, Miles Davis, John Coltrane…

Not3in1
    Participant

House is a great show and I'm always thrilled when by chance I flip the TV on and it's playing.

Thank you all for sharing just wish more would. We have more members then these. O.K.please

Peace and Love Mrs.:cool: :cool:

Heavens
    Participant

charity
    Participant

Town: near whangarai

Overseas Travel: here there and almost everywhere
    Homeland Travel: never seen the south Island, nope, no Idea what it looks like
    Favourite Song(s): words

can I fill in the rest later?

Quote (charity @ Feb. 18 2008,19:10)

Town: near whangarai

Overseas Travel: here there and almost everywhere
    Homeland Travel: never seen the south Island, nope, no Idea what it looks like
    Favourite Song(s): words

can I fill in the rest later?

Did we have a choice? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account