FAITH

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 227 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tim4,
    The wind of the Spirit of God leads according to the teachings of the Holy One of God.
    We are urged to desist from our own works and be led by the Spirit.

Not3in1
    Participant

Ancient Indian tribes are led by the “Spirit” in the sky.  Is this the same spirit that leads you, Nick?  How do you know?  The tribe members may not know the name of Jesus, but it matters not to them as they worship God.

Besides, if God wanted them to know the name of Jesus, by his spirit he would tell them – right? That is, if we are “led” by the spirit.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    Do they know the mediator?
    Are any now blessed by the Spirit of God outside of the mediator?

TimothyVI
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 08 2008,06:57)
    Hi not3,
    Do they know the mediator?
    Are any now blessed by the Spirit of God outside of the mediator?

Hi Nick,
    They think that they know God. They think that the spirit of their God has lead them to know Him.

Why do you suppose that God would bless you more than them?

Tim

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tim4,
    False religions are a dime a dozen.
    God blesses those who obey Him.

TimothyVI
    Participant

Hi Nick,
    It is true arrogance to believe that you are so special that God would only
    tell you the true religion and tell them false religions.

Tim

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tim4,
    So is God a seven headed elephant or a dragon?
    Can we design our own?

Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ April 08 2008,05:38)
    Tim and Cato,

Thank you brothers.  I am learning to shut out the folks who would like to keep me in bondage.  I know God loves to hear my ideas and thoughts  – we have great conversations.  Just recently I have asked God if he requires blind obedience to the bible….I didn't hear anything.  :;):

Hi Mandy:

Is there something wrong with blind obedience to the commandments on which Jesus stated covered obedience to Law and the prophets:

Mat 22:37 Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

Mat 22:38 This is the first and great commandment.

Mat 22:39 And the second [is] like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Mat 22:40 On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (TimothyVI @ April 08 2008,11:58)
    Hi Nick,

Tim

Hi Tim4,
    There are alternative possibilities.

Congratulations.

You are now a fully fledged Hindu, muslim and mormon and your JW papers are in the mail.

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 08 2008,13:40)

Quote (TimothyVI @ April 08 2008,11:58)
    Hi Nick,

Tim

Hi Tim4,
    There are alternative possibilities.

Congratulations.

You are now a fully fledged Hindu, muslim and mormon and your JW papers are in the mail.

:laugh:

Tim got you a little ruffled, did he? Well, good! I think that he is right. These people think that they know God, Nick. They no of no such “Mediator”. That is, unless the spirit of God has revealed it to them. All they need to do according to scripture is to see creation around them to know that he IS. Without voices from heaven to guide them, they fill in the blanks. Perhaps they use a sun-dance to worship? Perhaps they fast and wear sack cloth? I wonder if God still hears them?

I bet he does.

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ April 08 2008,12:50)

Tim and Cato,

Thank you brothers.  I am learning to shut out the folks who would like to keep me in bondage.  I know God loves to hear my ideas and thoughts  – we have great conversations.  Just recently I have asked God if he requires blind obedience to the bible….I didn't hear anything.  :;):

Hi Mandy:

Is there something wrong with blind obedience to the commandments on which Jesus stated covered obedience to Law and the prophets:  

Mat 22:37  Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

Mat 22:38  This is the first and great commandment.

Mat 22:39  And the second [is] like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Mat 22:40  On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets

Bro 94,

No there is nothing wrong with blind obedience if you believe every word is the only truth. People everywhere worship God according to their blind obedience in what they perceive as the only truth. Mormons, JW's, Baptists, Hindu, and so on.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    You used to love the bread of heaven.
    Have you lost that hunger?

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 08 2008,15:42)
    Hi not3,
    You used to love the bread of heaven.
    Have you lost that hunger?

I confess that my bible has collected some dust lately. Luckily I have enough of it in my heart that God is able to call to mind what I need for teaching/discipline/guidance and encouragement.

I find that God hasn't lost his voice simply because his words have been written down and the ink is dry. He still speaks and still inspires. It is to the spirit that I lend an ear these days. The bible is good, but it is also flawed.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Not3,
    Did you stop eating oranges when you found they had pips?

Not3in1
    Participant

I won't stop reading the bible. There are too many wonderful things written there for me to reject it completely.
    But you do see my concern. There are flaws or pits. How do we know what is true and what has been added or taken away?

In other words, how can we trust it?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    The pips in the oranges do not poison us.

Not3in1
    Participant

Well, actually one flaw in the bible would poison – 1 John 5:7 KJV

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    It would perhaps if you were not given light on it.
    The light illuminates the darkness.

Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ April 08 2008,15:31)

Quote (942767 @ April 08 2008,12:50)

Tim and Cato,

Hi Mandy:

Mat 22:37  Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind.

Mat 22:38  This is the first and great commandment.

Mat 22:39  And the second [is] like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself.

Mat 22:40  On these two commandments hang all the law and the prophets

Bro 94,

No there is nothing wrong with blind obedience if you believe every word is the only truth.  People everywhere worship God according to their blind obedience in what they perceive as the only truth.  Mormons, JW's, Baptists, Hindu, and so on.

Hi Mandy:

It is up to you to decide what is true and what is a lie. As you have indicated God has shown you those whose life has been changed through faith in Jesus.

There are “religions” and then there is a personal relationship with God, and that relationship can only be through the means that God has provided.

Act 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    If you found a pothole on the path would you turn back?
    If ironsand affected the compass at times would you throw it away?
    If the map did not show a rock would it be only worthy of the old dustbin?

If so you would have no help and would have to depend only on your own wits.
    many do and are soon lost

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 227 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account