FAITH

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 227 total)
  • Author

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 06 2008,11:49)
    Hi ,
    Those who demand understanding every step of the way will not get far.

2 Corinthians 5:7
    for we walk by faith, not by sight–

1 Thes. 5:21 ” Prove all things…..” Not only by Fatth.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Mrs,
    All for us is of faith.
    Romans 14:23
    And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

Faith plus discernment and sometimes knowledge and understanding
    but always of faith.

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 06 2008,19:06)
    Hi Mrs,
    All for us is of faith.
    Romans 14:23
    And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

Faith plus discernment and sometimes knowledge and understanding
    but always of faith.

Nick One can have Faith in a wrong doctrine and will be let astray. Faith yes, but not just Faith, that is what I mean. We should always prove all things, along with Faith. Does that make sense?
    Peace and Love Mrs.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Mrs,
    Scripture only speaks of one kind of faith, true faith.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    A positive response to the gospel requires the grace of faith.

Heb4
    2For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.

Samuel
    Participant

We should put FAITH in GOD to open our eyes to HIS TRUTH.

Not some mans truth. Man was wrong 2000 some odd years ago when Jesus was on the earth…

Things have only gotten worse, no one wants to listen to the truth. They shun the truth from them. And, “Justify” things that they want to do.

Pleasures of the flesh.

Pleasures of the flesh was present at Sodom and Gomorrah. Today it is getting worse and we know that it is because we are in the end times according to all the signs. Nobody really knows for sure when the time is near, but the writings are on the wall.
    Times will get rough before it will get better.
    The House just passed a Bill to give all the Illegal Aliens rights to get Social Security, Welfare, etc. They have lost their minds. My advice is stay close to God and our Savior Jesus Christ. Put on the whole Armor of God.
    Peace and Love Mrs.

Not3in1
    Participant

James tells us that our faith without deeds is dead, likewise I believe that if we just “believe” (even the demons believe), that we will be missing the deeper lesson which is to prove all things – make sure it is right like the Bereans did!

Yes, Irene, I'm with you – prove all things!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Not3,
    Indeed.
    How long have we got?
    It seems such searching took a few days before a decision was made in faith.

That searching seems to have been to test the gospel shared by Paul against what is written in scripture.

No time for messing about with all the details in all the books and concentrating on the possible difficulties found.

Acts 17
    1Now when they had passed through Amphipolis and Apollonia, they came to Thessalonica, where was a synagogue of the Jews:

2And Paul, as his manner was, went in unto them, and three sabbath days reasoned with them out of the scriptures,

3Opening and alleging, that Christ must needs have suffered, and risen again from the dead; and that this Jesus, whom I preach unto you, is Christ.

4And some of them believed, and consorted with Paul and Silas; and of the devout Greeks a great multitude, and of the chief women not a few.

5But the Jews which believed not, moved with envy, took unto them certain lewd fellows of the baser sort, and gathered a company, and set all the city on an uproar, and assaulted the house of Jason, and sought to bring them out to the people.

6And when they found them not, they drew Jason and certain brethren unto the rulers of the city, crying, These that have turned the world upside down are come hither also;

7Whom Jason hath received: and these all do contrary to the decrees of Caesar, saying that there is another king, one Jesus.

8And they troubled the people and the rulers of the city, when they heard these things.

9And when they had taken security of Jason, and of the other, they let them go.

10And the brethren immediately sent away Paul and Silas by night unto Berea: who coming thither went into the synagogue of the Jews.

11These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.

12Therefore many of them believed; also of honourable women which were Greeks, and of men, not a few.

13But when the Jews of Thessalonica had knowledge that the word of God was preached of Paul at Berea, they came thither also, and stirred up the people.

Not3in1
    Participant

I think that when God says he will reward those who earnestly seek him, he doesn't mean we are to make decisions quickly. We are to search him out. Sometimes the longest game of hide-and-seek is the most fun and rewarding.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    Some folk get distracted into trying to know everything about God.
    The message from God is much simpler.
    it involves obedience

Not3in1
    Participant

True.
    But one does need to know what they are being obedient to.
    We can only know this by searching things out.

TimothyVI
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ April 07 2008,15:50)
    True.

You are absolutely correct Mandy.
    The blind obedience that Nick talks about is what
    brought about so many Christians killing others in the past.

That blind obedience is why extreme Muslims are killing non Muslims to this day. Blind obedience is folly, that is why God gave us the ability to reason.
    It is unfortunate that many people refuse to use what God gave them.

Tim

Cato
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 07 2008,09:25)
    Hi not3,
    Some folk get distracted into trying to know everything about God.
    The message from God is much simpler.
    it involves obedience

Nick,

You have a very Orwellian view of God and his desires.  Why do so many of your replies sound like they're out of 1984?

“Ignorance is Strength”

“There was nothing left in them except sorrow for what they had done, and love of Big Brother. It was touching to see how they loved him. They begged to be shot quickly, so that they could die while their minds were still clean.” Part 3, Chapter 2, pg. 259
    1984 George Orwell

Not3in1
    Participant

Tim and Cato,

Thank you brothers. I am learning to shut out the folks who would like to keep me in bondage. I know God loves to hear my ideas and thoughts – we have great conversations. Just recently I have asked God if he requires blind obedience to the bible….I didn't hear anything. :;):

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (TimothyVI @ April 07 2008,23:15)

Quote (Not3in1 @ April 07 2008,15:50)
    True.

You are absolutely correct Mandy.
    The blind obedience that Nick talks about is what
    brought about so many Christians killing others in the past.

That blind obedience is why extreme Muslims are killing non Muslims to this day. Blind obedience is folly, that is why God gave us the ability to reason.
    It is unfortunate that many people refuse to use what God gave them.

Tim

Hi tim4,
    So blind obedience to scripture leads to murder?

I do not see any commands to murder written in the teachings of the beloved son of God. In fact those teachings reveal that such is the works of the one who was a murderer from the beginning and the Son came to set us free from his dominion.

Children of God enter the kingdom but then begin training in the ways of righteousness which involve service to God and help to men and through pain and suffering.

Heb6
    1Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,

2Of the doctrine of baptisms, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternal judgment.

3And this will we do, if God permit.

1 Corinthians 3:2
    I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.

Heb5
    Hebrews 5:12
    For when for the time ye ought to be teachers, ye have need that one teach you again which be the first principles of the oracles of God; and are become such as have need of milk, and not of strong meat.

Heb12
    1Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,

2Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

3For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds.

4Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.

5And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him:

6For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.

7If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?

8But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.

9Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?

10For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness.

11Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.

12Wherefore lift up the hands which hang down, and the feeble knees;

13And make straight paths for your feet, lest that which is lame be turned out of the way; but let it rather be healed.

14Follow peace with all men, and holiness, without which no man shall see the Lord:

TimothyVI
    Participant

Hi Nick,
    Do Muslims believe in the teachings of the Son of God?
    Do they not have blind faith?

Yes, their blind faith leads to murder, as did the blind faith of early Christians.

Tim

TimothyVI
    Participant

I meant blind obedience when I said blind faith.

TIm

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tim4,
    No, they do not know him.
    But we follow the Son of God.
    He is meek and gentle in his ways

Matthew 11:29
    Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

Matthew 21:5
    Tell ye the daughter of Sion, Behold, thy King cometh unto thee, meek, and sitting upon an ass, and a colt the foal of an ass.

Galatians 5:23
    Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law.

Matthew 5:5
    Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.

TimothyVI
    Participant

That is my point exactly Nick.
    If they did not merely believe in blind obedience, they might even discern that what they believe is wrong.
    But if they use your logic of blind obedience, they are forever lost.

Tim

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 227 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account