FAITH

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 227 total)
  • Author
    martian
    Participant

Boy did this thread get a death sentence.

charity
    Participant

I hope not….but I think my computor has ?

Faith should never see ….. corruption

INTERNET CAFE… :laugh:

Hope your feeling better Martian

charity

Towshab
    Participant

Faith without works is dead. Hey I could have gotten along with James ya know.

charity
    Participant

Quote (Towshab @ Nov. 09 2007,12:13)

O that sounds promising…….what was the meeting ground, what did you like about him?

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (charity @ Nov. 08 2007,19:19)

O that sounds promising…….what was the meeting ground, what did you like about him?

Because he was more like the Jesus you find in the Synoptics (faulty as they are) minus virgin birth and resurrection and messiahship. I don't think James felt that the 'new covenant' was the same as Paul preached.

charity
    Participant

Quote (Towshab @ Nov. 09 2007,13:00)

Quote (charity @ Nov. 08 2007,19:19)

Because he was more like the Jesus you find in the Synoptics (faulty as they are) minus virgin birth and resurrection and messiahship. I don't think James felt that the 'new covenant' was the same as Paul preached.

Okay..
     :D Thanks for that answer, I can answer you on your thread…..plus there are many books writen, other than those we have been handed,  Marked and called…”The Holy Bible”

I consider the lost scrolls found, turning up with pages missing and verses erased, most of these must have been a hugh threat, very offensive, I consider they do reveal alot, perhaps even filled with the truth.

precept upon precept, serching

anyways God bless you, and may his zeal, gather all men into the one kingdom

charity

Morningstar
    Participant

All early Christians agreed with this. Even Paul.

Paul was discussing works of the Law. (hand washing, cirumcision, clean, unclean, feasts, sabbaths, rituals)

Not the works James mentions. Favoritism, good acts etc..

Christians don't sin anymore if they walk in the spirit. Not doing good can be a sin.

Saved by Faith not by Works is so misunderstood.

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Morningstar @ Nov. 08 2007,20:44)
    Christians don't sin anymore if they walk in the spirit. Not doing good can be a sin.

Then no one has the spirit cause I've yet to encounter a sinless person.

charity
    Participant

Quote (Towshab @ Nov. 09 2007,17:41)

Quote (Morningstar @ Nov. 08 2007,20:44)
    Christians don't sin anymore if they walk in the spirit.  Not doing good can be a sin.

Then no one has the spirit cause I've yet to encounter a sinless person.

No Boxes….taking that thought captive for a moment .Towshab

Moment by MOMENT, stand and fall, here a moment there a moment….Else what would we do, Grace has to be drawn AS A SINNER…and I believe Christ was to be chastened by God if needed, so he to was walking the walk as the first of the creation.

Yes according to this writer it was that the future Coming Christ was most  definitely  flesh, why he also need to be tempted,  

2Sa 7:14
    I will be his father, and he shall be my son. If he commit iniquity, I will chasten him with the rod of men, and with the stripes of the children of men:
    Rom 8:8
    So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

And they that learn  allow themselves to be children again, abound more and more, waxing strong in spirit.

1Th 4:1
    Furthermore then we beseech you, brethren, and exhort [you] by the Lord Jesus, that as ye have received of us how ye ought to walk and to please God, [so] ye would abound more and more.

Faith and hope towards what we shall become

charity
    Participant

The Gospel Of John Has complicated the walk by confusing, his “Light” with sin?

Righteousness is the begining and end of JUDGEMENT…
    If we should judge our own natures, we shall be found worthy

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (charity @ Nov. 09 2007,01:31)

That's one book that practically destroyed the 'real message' of Jesus. I challenge anyone to come up with Jesus plan of salvation from the synoptics because you won't get the same one that you find in John and Paul's writings.

Towshab
    Participant

The Synoptic 'plan of salvation'

Mat 19:16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
    Mat 19:17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

Luk 10:25 And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?
    Luk 10:26 He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou?
    Luk 10:27 And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.
    Luk 10:28 And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live.

Odd how much that reflects the same ideal of the Tanakh! But we can't have that can we, too much like Judaism. John changes the rules (and changes the Jesus too)

Joh 3:15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
    Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Joh 6:54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.

See how the message changed?

Morningstar
    Participant

Quote (Towshab @ Nov. 10 2007,00:16)

Mat 19:16  And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
    Mat 19:17  And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

Luk 10:25  And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?
    Luk 10:26  He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou?
    Luk 10:27  And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.
    Luk 10:28  And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live.

Odd how much that reflects the same ideal of the Tanakh! But we can't have that can we, too much like Judaism. John changes the rules (and changes the Jesus too)

Joh 3:15  That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
    Joh 3:16  For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Joh 6:54  Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.

I think they agree.

Salvation by Faith = Free, God freely forgives a true repenter.

Maintaining that status (i.e. not selling your inheritence like esau) = living without sin and following after the example of Christ.

Religion = Our lives are our sacrifices. Worshipping in spirit and in truth. Living Godly not just doing rituals to act Godly.

James 1

27Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

Have you read about the early Christians? They saw no such contradictions in the teaching of NT. These changes in understanding of Faith and Works occured over time. In fact we can go back in history and observe through the historic record when these beliefs occured. The strongest of them during the reformation.

charity
    Participant

Quote (Towshab @ Nov. 10 2007,00:08)

Quote (charity @ Nov. 09 2007,01:31)

That's one book that practically destroyed the 'real message' of Jesus. I challenge anyone to come up with Jesus plan of salvation from the synoptics because you won't get the same one that you find in John and Paul's writings.

Lucifer The Man that destroyed the Nations, from a prophetic view looking back …DESTROYING THOSE WITH FAITH, BY LIES

Oh for fare judgment of the innocent over this offence

Isa 14:12
    ¶How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! [how] art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

Isa 14:16 They that see thee shall narrowly look upon thee, [and] consider thee, [saying, Is] this the man that made the earth to tremble, that did shake kingdoms;
    Isa 14:17 [That] made the world as a wilderness, and destroyed the cities thereof; [that] opened not the house of his prisoners?
    Isa 14:18 All the kings of the nations, [even] all of them, lie in glory, every one in his own house.
    Isa 14:19 But thou art cast out of thy grave like an abominable branch, [and as] the raiment of those that are slain, thrust through with a sword, that go down to the stones of the pit; as a carcase trodden under feet.
    Isa 14:20 Thou shalt not be joined with them in burial, because thou hast destroyed thy land, [and] slain thy people: the seed of evildoers shall never be renowned.

I Find Paul doing a great Job, called out of the twisted darkness, to address the same very twisted schemes, and is often recorded in compromising conversations to explaining dialogue of seeing the changing motions, what went wrong…I consider him to be preaching gospel to Christ, under a pressure.

charity

Samuel
    Participant

If someone says they don't sin and they live in America they are probably telling a lie. Especially if they go to one of these churches…that have these “Potlucks” all the time…I know for a fact I've seen very large folks eating two and three plates…thats a sin too. People do “sin” why do you think Jesus had to come die? for nothing? …not so…he came and died and shed his blood so that you might be forgiven of your sins. I mean seriously what part of that does anyone not understand?

Samuel
    Participant

You know that time Jesus said “He who is without sin, let him cast the first stone”…

I know have a question…

Who on this whole forum board has not had to pray and ask forgiveness for something at one time or another …since they got saved…or how ever it is they believe. Some people would rather point out some technicality rather then focus on the subject at hand…please don't do that you know what the question is and you know what it means.

Most people I know INCLUDING myself have to ask forgiveness for some sin or another from time to time. I've even caught myself in a LIE before and had to ask for forgiveness. It's mans nature to SIN. We are doomed to it. Thank GOD that Jesus came and made a way for us to be forgiven of it.

Now this don't mean go out and purposely sin..then run back and ask for forgiveness…However, if you do mess up ask for forgiveness and drive on!

charity
    Participant

I think the words he said are…I remeber your sin no more

Jer 31:34 And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

This I consider the reversed…put on our soul….Go now and sin no more…..burdening as a comsuming fire,  vexation as to who Of any of us can sin no more?
    Jhn 5:14 Afterward Jesus findeth him in the temple, and said unto him, Behold, thou art made whole: sin no more, lest a worse thing come unto thee.  
    Jhn 8:11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.  

How is it possible to obey the Jesus John has written of?
    Least it be added, that by faith only our sin is removed from east to west. That those without faith are hurdled towards the Law, to sin no more, by this un clear clanging cymbals, in which the Law was made and given for the faithless and un believing.

crucify the flesh, and put it to death…His blood covers as our token of grace..To Begin and come as we are.

charity

Samuel
    Participant

And what about the Oneness people?

I guess they have to go get re baptized in water unto Jesus Name once they sin…so they can still go to heaven.

I mean cmon' people! thats the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard in my life. I mean just look at how that sounds? Is the blood of Jesus not enough according to your belief to get you to heaven? If not they why do you believe he came to this corrupt rock to die?

What are the Trinities and the Oneness gonna do when they get to heaven and the Baptists are there? Leave? I mean cmon look at how ridiculously silly all of this is. Seriously…GOD help us all.

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Samuel @ Nov. 10 2007,04:23)
    If someone says they don't sin and they live in America they are probably telling a lie. Especially if they go to one of these churches…that have these “Potlucks” all the time…I know for a fact I've seen very large folks eating two and three plates…thats a sin too. People do “sin” why do you think Jesus had to come die? for nothing? …not so…he came and died and shed his blood so that you might be forgiven of your sins. I mean seriously what part of that does anyone not understand?

So you're saying Jesus came so we could all be gluttons and sinners and just say 'Hey its all good, Jesus' blood covers my sins'! No wonder people want to believe in him.

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Morningstar @ Nov. 09 2007,09:28)

Quote (Towshab @ Nov. 10 2007,00:16)

Mat 19:16 And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?
    Mat 19:17 And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? there is none good but one, that is, God: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

Luk 10:25 And, behold, a certain lawyer stood up, and tempted him, saying, Master, what shall I do to inherit eternal life?
    Luk 10:26 He said unto him, What is written in the law? how readest thou?
    Luk 10:27 And he answering said, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy strength, and with all thy mind; and thy neighbour as thyself.
    Luk 10:28 And he said unto him, Thou hast answered right: this do, and thou shalt live.

Joh 3:15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
    Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Joh 6:54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.

I think they agree.

Salvation by Faith = Free, God freely forgives a true repenter.

Huh? The synoptic Jesus says to obey the commandments for eternal life the Jesus of John says to believe in him. You're saying this is not different? You might need to wipe the fog off of your glasses.

Maintaining that status (i.e. not selling your inheritence like esau) = living without sin and following after the example of Christ.

Religion = Our lives are our sacrifices. Worshipping in spirit and in truth. Living Godly not just doing rituals to act Godly.

James 1

27Religion that God our Father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.

That's 'old testament' preaching friend.

Deu 14:29 And the Levite, (because he hath no part nor inheritance with thee,) and the stranger, and the fatherless, and the widow, which are within thy gates, shall come, and shall eat and be satisfied; that the LORD thy God may bless thee in all the work of thine hand which thou doest.

Psa 146:9 The LORD preserveth the strangers; he relieveth the fatherless and widow: but the way of the wicked he turneth upside down.

Have you read about the early Christians? They saw no such contradictions in the teaching of NT. These changes in understanding of Faith and Works occured over time. In fact we can go back in history and observe through the historic record when these beliefs occured. The strongest of them during the reformation.

Because they are the ones who believed in it. Had they wrote about contradictions how far would the GT have gotten? Plus the 'early father's also quote from many other works that never made it into the GT canon. Why don't Christian's use those works?

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 227 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account