FAITH

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 227 total)
  • Author
    IM4Truth
    Participant

Kevin I also wanted to say that Christians in today's society still thing that Jesus sacrifice was not enough and that if they do not do everything what the Law says they became all upset. Jesus fulfilled all and we as Christians are to follow Jesus example and do what He wants us to do. The Law is spiritual and we ought walk in the Spirit to please God. Nothing that we can do is going to save us. It is in the Faith in Jesus Christ that we are saved, salvation it is a gift from God. That of course does not give us a reason to do anything we please and Sin, on the contrary, we strife to be more like Christ every day and that is not always easy. Satan puts all kind of objects into our way at times just to destroy us. And God will allow it to test us.

Peace and Love Mrs.

martian
    Participant

Teaching as the Hebrews (including Jesus) practiced had little to do with “Doctrine” as we know it today. Jesus never taught from the perspective of Law. He always dealt with the motives and intentions of man. Jesus taught wisdom on how to live to become sons of God.

The purpose of a parents Torah is to teach and bring the children to maturity. If the Torah is violated out of disrespect or defiant disobedience, the child is punished. If the child desires to follow the instructions out of a loving obedience but falls short of the expectations, the child is commended for the effort and counseled on how to perform the instructions better the next time. Unlike Torah, law is a set of rules from a government or authority and binding on a community. Violation of the rules require punishment. With this type of law, there is no room for teaching, either the law was broken with the penalty of punishment or it was not broken.

The Torah is a set of teachings on wisdom designed to help the child live, prosper and succeed in this world as a son. Teachings designed to develop proper character and heart toward God and man. God, as our heavenly Father, gives his children his Torah in the same manner and for the same reasons. God’s teachings or doctrines are all designed with the welfare of His children in mind. They are designed to further His purpose to raise up children with His character. The so-called teachings or “Doctrines” of today must function as the Torah did in Biblical times or they are not God’s teachings.

There is an unfortunate belief by many Christians that if a person understands a teaching intellectually they posses it spiritually. This is simply hog wash. A mental understanding of the mind is not the same as an experiential understanding of the spirit and heart. Truthfully many Christians are so unfamiliar with spiritual understanding they do not even seek it. So involved are they in learning some other mental exercise they leave the functionality and true understanding far behind.

It is also unfortunate that many never seek to know the wisdom of God but rather seek any intelectual mental philosophy by which to engage in debate or mentally ascend to what they believe is spirituality.

Many operate within a box of historical dogma without ever considering if what they have been taught really makes any sense or if it actually produces good fruit in their lives. For some it is a fear of pushing the outside of the envelope. They fear being on the outside of the normal excepted Christianity. They do not seem to see that the “norm” as it is produced in most churches today is dead and has been for centuries. For others it is a convient escape from facing real teaching and the vulnerability it requires. Biblical Torah forces us to deal with the real motives and intentions of the heart rather then just a mental exercise of facts and figures. Many times I have encountered “so-called” pastors that cannot explain their teachings in any way. They simply say the same stuff they were taught without testing the doctrines themselves.

True Torah is the process of learning God’s wisdom and developing His character in us.This must be done while maintaining a proper attitude toward God and His teachings. In the finale analisis it is all about attitude.

IM4Truth
    Participant

I see that some of yous seem to be judgemental rather then look for the good in a person. I have noticed that again. I do not belief that is in the best interest of a Christian. Judge not and you may not be judged.
    Martian

I do believe that Jesus came in the flesh, is the literal son of God, dies as all mortals die and physically rose from the grave. He sits on the thrown and has been given all authority in heaven and earth.

Dies as all mortals die? You do not believe that Jesus was crucified and died for our Sins?

Peace and Love Mrs. :D :D :D

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (IM4Truth @ Nov. 02 2007,11:38)
    Kevin  I also wanted to say that Christians in today's society still thing that Jesus sacrifice was not enough and that if they do not do everything what the Law says they became all upset. Jesus fulfilled all and we as Christians are to follow Jesus example and do what He wants us to do. The Law is spiritual and we ought walk in the Spirit to please God. Nothing that we can do is going to save us. It is in the Faith in Jesus Christ that we are saved, salvation it is a gift from God. That of course does not give us a reason to do anything we please and Sin, on the contrary, we strife to be more like Christ every day and that is not always easy. Satan puts all kind of objects into our way at times just to destroy us. And God will allow it to test us.

Peace and Love Mrs.

In my studies thus far that has not even been close to the case with me. People want to say that trying to live according to what is found in the Torah is placing yourself under the “law” but it is not if you are not seeking righteousness in it. That has always been my message as I've learned more about the Torah. To me it is a way to grow closer to God and please Him, not a way to become more righteous.

I said this long ago but it bears repeating. If you were to discover a list of many things that pleased a friend or mate and you really loved that person, would you not strive to do those things on the list? Then why should we not strive to do the same with God's list? He told us what he desires but like any loving parent He does not stop loving us when we fail. The difference of course is that His love is perfect and without condition unlike our own! Yet that does not mean that he wants us to only look to Him only when we need Him.

charity
    Participant

:) Speechless,

charity
    Participant

I love this, these words are from the Gospel of Barnabas…words of love and care, that are reflects that can be only heard from a soul that has obeyed the first and greatest commandment….I love to here a song from the heart, it gives me confidence that of incorruption dwells within them

1:4 Being therefore persuaded of this, and being conscious with myself that having said much among you I know that the Lord journeyed with me on the way of righteousness, and am wholly constrained also myself to this, to love you more than my own soul (for great faith and love dwelleth in you through the hope of the life which is His)–considering this therefore,

charity

martian
    Participant

Quote (IM4Truth @ Nov. 03 2007,07:03)
    I see that some of yous seem to be judgemental rather then look for the good in a person. I have noticed that again. I do not belief that is in the best interest of a Christian. Judge not and you may not be judged.
    Martian

I do believe that Jesus came in the flesh, is the literal son of God, dies as all mortals die and physically rose from the grave. He sits on the thrown and has been given all authority in heaven and earth.

Dies as all mortals die? You do not believe that Jesus was crucified and died for our Sins?

I have not the fogiest idea what you mean by judgement. Could you please explain where you see judgment in my post?

Yes I believe that Christ died for or sins through His crucifition.

You seem to trying hard to peg me as a non christian.
    I understand that there are those that there ae some on some boards that claim christianity but there are also those that add many requirements to be aved. Paul said if you believe Christ lived and died for our sins it is enough to be saved.

! Cor 15

1Now I make known to you, brethren, the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received, in which also you stand,
    2by which also you are saved, if you hold fast the word which I preached to you, unless you believed in vain.
    3For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures,
    4and that He was buried, and that He was (I)raised on the third day according to the Scriptures,

charity
    Participant

Quote (martian @ Nov. 03 2007,08:40)

Martian

I have not the fogiest idea what you mean by judgement. Could you please explain where you see judgment in my post?

I understand that there are those that there ae some on some boards that claim christianity but there are also those that add many requirements to be aved. Paul said if you believe Christ lived and died for our sins it is enough to be saved.

! Cor 15

1Now I make known to you, brethren, the gospel which I preached to you, which also you received, in which also you stand,
    2by which also you are saved, if you hold fast the word which I preached to you, unless you believed in vain.
    3For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures,
    4and that He was buried, and that He was (I)raised on the third day according to the Scriptures,

Hey Martian, Mrs truth is BECOMING the heaven net “MOM”

SHE LIKES TO MAKE SURE THE CHILDREN DON'T PLAY ON THE ROAD

love ya mrs truth

:) :) :)

martian
    Participant

Quote (charity @ Nov. 03 2007,09:22)

Quote (martian @ Nov. 03 2007,08:40)

Martian

Peace and Love Mrs. 😀 😀 😀

! Cor 15

Hey Martian, Mrs truth is  BECOMING the heaven net “MOM”

SHE LIKES TO MAKE SURE THE CHILDREN DON'T PLAY ON THE ROAD

love ya mrs truth

🙂  🙂  🙂

Sounds more like the Board Police. Would be much nicer if she would give ones shs does not know the benifit of the doubt.

charity
    Participant

she's a sweetie, I like the lady police better than the men ya know :cool: they let you off easy..

TimothyVI
    Participant

Hi martian, good to hear from you again.
    I will pray for your health.

Did you ever finish your book, and if so has it been published so that I
    can acquire a copy.

Tim

martian
    Participant

Quote (TimothyVI @ Nov. 03 2007,09:39)

can acquire a copy.

Tim

Thank you for the prayer support.
    Unfortunately this illness has slowed me down quite a bit. I cannot say for certain when I will publish my book.

charity
    Participant

Quote (martian @ Nov. 03 2007,09:56)

can acquire a copy.

Tim

Unfortunately this illness has slowed me down quite a bit. I cannot say for certain when I will publish my book.

:( Hope you feel better soon, God slows us up when needs to, it is hard to praise when we feel unwell, but I can tell you, how much it is like a medicine for the heart, thank him for everything in your life good and bad. :)

IM4Truth
    Participant

Quote (charity @ Nov. 03 2007,10:14)

Quote (martian @ Nov. 03 2007,09:56)

can acquire a copy.

Tim

:(  Hope you feel better soon, God slows us up when needs to, it is hard to praise when we feel unwell, but I can tell you, how much it is like a medicine for the heart, thank him for everything in your life good and bad.  :)

Charity and Martian Yes we should always thank God for what He has given to us. I know being sick is not to great and pain sometimes gets in the way to learn. When flesh hurts all we want to do is cry out to God. Sometimes God hears us and other times He asked us to wait on Him. If we can't pick up our cross like Jesus did, we are not worthy to receive eternal life. So let us pick up our cross and walk together. Let us encourage each other with the kind of Love that comes from God.

Peace and Love Irene

Samuel
    Participant

Let me ask you all something…

If you were to be crucified like Jesus was being profoundly aware of ever SIN that ever was or will be committed, Knowing confidently that you had committed no SIN yourself. Now…just think about that for a minute…

1.) Not only was JESUS profoundly aware of ALL the SIN in the WORLD! Feeling the guilt and wages of those SINS which is DEATH to be his OWN. What do you think that felt like?
    2.) As if…that was not enough he was dying just like me and you die…it was not a “Show” it was the real Mc Coy. He felt the pain just like me or you would feel it…but spoke not.

Can you even imagine? Have you ever even stopped to think about these things.

Now…

Why do you think he put himself through all of that? Why would you put yourself through all of that. For a show? for you felt like it? to prove a point? Or to Pay the price in FULL for all mankind so that he might not perish?

You decide.

Samuel
    Participant

What kills me is excatly what someone was saying…Ken I believe it was…

How when Jesus was teaching and he saw the way the pharisees and such had added their “OWN” twist on how they “THOUGHT” it should be. AND HE REBUKED THEM FOR IT! lol….some people just don't ever learn. Why? Because that is the VERY same thing that is going on in this day and age. Since when do people start professing that they have such a “WONDERFUL” understanding of the word that they can start adding their “OWN” little “SPICE” to it to convey it more efficiently.

Bible Scholars, Harvard Grads…Debaters…and notorious leaders and scholars that have had this frame set of mind…I believe…

Completely disgusts GOD. These people have distorted his word so much to a point its not even funny. And profess to make it their “OWN” little “Doctrine”…Lord have mercy on their souls…even I believe that they know not what they do…For if they did they would never attempt such a thing.

I also like the way the one poster mentioned that people think that if they have all the understanding and knowledge of MAN that that obviously have the spiritual understanding as well. That pretty much describes a lot of the people that have tried to get me caught up in a “DEBATE” on GOD's word.

Brothers and Sisters…I'm not a preacher, or a scholar, or anything thing else that one might profess their self to be. In fact I a Hillbilly from Arkansas…that probably don't have half the education that some do.

However…I love GOD…I believe that he sent his only begotten Son to save us…and thus he has. I know that GOD loves us all VERY MUCH…otherwise he would never do such a thing. I believe that Jesus Christ is our mediator to GOD…and the Holy Ghost is the Guide that was sent to comfort us until he returns. I put my FAITH in these things. And…GOD's word is not at any time, nor never was, nor will be “Open for Debate” in my heart. It's not a Game Show folks…this ain't “Name that tune!” cause their ain't but ONE TUNE!

Is anyone tracking?

Samuel
    Participant

Have you seen or heard about this Scientology business…

They don't ask anyone to believe anything based on pure FAITH.

…excuse me?

Are you serious?

FAITH IS THE KEY!

It's all about FAITH…without FAITH your a ship at a sea full of Hurricanes!

IM4Truth
    Participant

Quote (Samuel @ Nov. 03 2007,22:23)
    Let me ask you all something…

If you were to be crucified like Jesus was  being profoundly  aware of ever SIN that ever was or will be committed, Knowing confidently that you had committed no SIN yourself.  Now…just think about that for a minute…

1.)  Not only was JESUS profoundly aware of ALL the SIN in the WORLD!  Feeling the guilt and wages of those SINS which is DEATH to be his OWN.  What do you think that felt like?
    2.)  As if…that was not enough he was dying just like me and you die…it was not a “Show” it was the real Mc Coy.  He felt the pain just like me or you would feel it…but spoke not.

Can you even imagine?  Have you ever even stopped to think about these things.

Now…

Why do you think he put himself through all of that?  Why would you put yourself through all of that.  For a show? for you felt like it? to prove a point?   Or to Pay the price in FULL for all mankind so that he might not perish?

You decide.

Samuel No I do not ever compare myself with Jesus. What He did, is outstanding. I believe no Human would or could do it, unless we would HAVE God's Holy Spirit full strength, and that Jesus did have. But still He felt the pain etc. He was like us in every way. What a merciful God we have that send His only begotten Son to die for us, so w can have everlasting life.

Peace and Love Mrs.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Samuel @ Nov. 03 2007,22:38)
    What kills me is excatly what someone was saying…Ken I believe it was…

How when Jesus was teaching and he saw the way the pharisees and such had added their “OWN” twist on how they “THOUGHT” it should be.  AND HE REBUKED THEM FOR IT!  lol….some people just don't ever learn.  Why?  Because that is the VERY same thing that is going on in this day and age.   Since when do people start professing that they have such a “WONDERFUL” understanding of the word that they can start adding their “OWN” little “SPICE” to it to convey it more efficiently.  

Bible Scholars, Harvard Grads…Debaters…and notorious leaders and scholars that have had this frame set of mind…I believe…

Completely disgusts GOD.  These people have distorted his word so much to a point its not even funny.  And profess to make it their “OWN” little “Doctrine”…Lord have mercy on their souls…even I believe that they know not what they do…For if they did they would never attempt such a thing.

I also like the way the one poster mentioned that people think that if they have all the understanding and knowledge of MAN that that obviously have the spiritual understanding as well.  That pretty much describes a lot of the people that have tried to get me caught up in a “DEBATE” on GOD's word.  

Brothers  and  Sisters…I'm not a preacher, or a scholar, or anything thing else that one might profess their self to be.  In fact I a Hillbilly from Arkansas…that probably don't have half the education that some do.

However…I love GOD…I believe that he sent his only begotten Son to save us…and thus he has.  I know that GOD loves us all VERY MUCH…otherwise he would never do such a thing.  I believe that Jesus Christ is our mediator to GOD…and the Holy Ghost is the Guide that was sent to comfort us until he returns. I put my FAITH in these things.  And…GOD's word is not at any time, nor never was, nor will be “Open for Debate” in my heart.  It's not a Game Show folks…this ain't “Name that tune!”  cause their ain't but ONE TUNE!

Is anyone tracking?

That's exactly right how can people deny that we should keep the Commandments of God when it so plainly says we are to walk after His commandments. That this is the LOVE that we keep His commandments. That the “remnant” keep HIS commandment and the testimony of Jesus. But would rather keep to the triditions of men teaching that the commandments of God were done away with. This is nothing new.

Mar 7:6 He answered and said unto them, Well hath Esaias prophesied of you hypocrites, as it is written, This people honoureth me with their lips, but their heart is far from me.
    Mar 7:7 Howbeit in vain do they worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men.
    Mar 7:8 For laying aside the commandment of God, ye hold the tradition of men, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do.
    Mar 7:9 And he said unto them, Full well ye reject the commandment of God, that ye may keep your own tradition.

The judging will never stop! The one who accuses one of judging is judging him/her self.

IM4Truth
    Participant

Ken Happy Sabbath Day keep it Holy.

Love Mrs.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 227 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account