FAITH

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 221 through 227 (of 227 total)
  • Author
    Not3in1
    Participant

Hi Sis,

If we would go to the Muslim Nation and met some of them, I am sure you will find just as many good people. But is that religion right?

They think so.

If we would not have some Literature like the Bible, that we would know God, we would not know Him.

That's what I saying was that the bible tells us that man is without excuse (he doesn't have to have the bible).

Thanks,
    Mandy

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 11 2008,06:28)
    Hi cato,
    Certainly many have knowledge of the Creator God
    and some retain an untainted conscience
    but knowledge alone saves nobody.  

Jesus did not come to save the righteous but sinners.
    It is wiser to find yourself among them.

Actually God said he would write his laws on our hearts and that no one would have to tell his brother, “Know God.” Because he will already know him, so there is no excuse.

I believe Cato is correct that we can know God just by observing his creation and the fact that he is already in our hearts. Some will deny him, no doubt, but the “knowledge” of him is already ours.

I'm not a “Cato groupie” but he sure speaks a lot of sense, what you call humanistic vanity and seeking after knowledge.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    When was this promise to be fulfilled?

Jeremiah 31:33
    “But this is the covenant which I will make with the house of Israel after those days,” declares the LORD, ” I will put My law within them and on their heart I will write it; and I will be their God, and they shall be My people.

Jer31
    1At the same time, saith the LORD, will I be the God of all the families of Israel, and they shall be my people.

2Thus saith the LORD, The people which were left of the sword found grace in the wilderness; even Israel, when I went to cause him to rest.

3The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying, Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.

4Again I will build thee, and thou shalt be built, O virgin of Israel: thou shalt again be adorned with thy tabrets, and shalt go forth in the dances of them that make merry.

5Thou shalt yet plant vines upon the mountains of Samaria: the planters shall plant, and shall eat them as common things.

6For there shall be a day, that the watchmen upon the mount Ephraim shall cry, Arise ye, and let us go up to Zion unto the LORD our God.

7For thus saith the LORD; Sing with gladness for Jacob, and shout among the chief of the nations: publish ye, praise ye, and say, O LORD, save thy people, the remnant of Israel.

This new promise is to Israel in the time of the reign of Jesus in Jerusalem.

Not3in1
    Participant

This passage is also quoted in the NT – the grace administration.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    Indeed Peter quoted it as a type of what he was witnessing,
    the outpouring of the Spirit on men.

Acts 2
    12And they were all amazed, and were in doubt, saying one to another, What meaneth this?

13Others mocking said, These men are full of new wine.

14But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice, and said unto them, Ye men of Judaea, and all ye that dwell at Jerusalem, be this known unto you, and hearken to my words:

15For these are not drunken, as ye suppose, seeing it is but the third hour of the day.

16But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;

17And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

18And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:

19And I will shew wonders in heaven above, and signs in the earth beneath; blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke:

20The sun shall be turned into darkness, and the moon into blood, before the great and notable day of the Lord come:

21And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

22Ye men of Israel, hear these words; Jesus of Nazareth, a man approved of God among you by miracles and wonders and signs, which God did by him in the midst of you, as ye yourselves also know:

23Him, being delivered by the determinate counsel and foreknowledge of God, ye have taken, and by wicked hands have crucified and slain:

24Whom God hath raised up, having loosed the pains of death: because it was not possible that he should be holden of it.

But that early rain does not compare with the late rain of the millenium.

James 5:7
    Be patient therefore, brethren, unto the coming of the Lord. Behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth, and hath long patience for it, until he receive the early and latter rain.

Cato
    Participant

Quote (seek and you will find @ April 11 2008,06:49)

Quote (Cato @ April 11 2008,06:23)

Quote (seek and you will find @ April 10 2008,23:41)
    Catro!  Where does the knowledge of God come from? Who told you that there is a God? There are unfortunately still humans on this earth that have never heard of God, but it will not be long when Jesus will return and will set-up His Kingdom, and the truth will cover the earth, like water covers the sea.
    Peace and Love Mrs.

Knowledge of God comes from his creation, it is all around for those who look, I feel that those who must find God within an encyclopedia of various anonymous works missing out.

Not everyone may call God with the same name but he speaks to all in their hearts.

Too many look to Jesus to come to the rescue like a divine cavalry to save the day.  We each will have our own judgement when we die, so I would be more concerned with that then global armageddon.  One is sure and imminent, the other anytime or no time.

Catro! There is a saying that the time will come that they will rather worship the creation then the creator. You remind me of that. I disagree with you. Only those that have God's Holy Spirit will understand the things of God.
    2 Timothy 4:3 The time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desired, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers…
    verse 4 and they will turn their ears away from the truth, and be turned to fables.
    1 Corinth. 2:11 For what man knows the things of a man except the spirit of man which is in him.
    Even so no one knows the things of God except the Spirit of God.
    verse 12 Now we have received the Spirit of God, not of the world………

Peace and Love Mrs.

Who said anything about worshiping creation?  I merely said that the best we can hope to understand God is what we can infer from what he created rather then from dubious revelations given to anonymous authors.

2Timothy 4:3 is so generic as to apply to anyone with whom we disagree.

1Corinth 2:11 Read my posts, I always say God is unknowable and undefined, unlike many Bible authors who say God came and told them this or that.

verse 12,  I don't undersand the point, other then the same tired argument that we who know the “truth” have the spirit of God, and people who disagree with us don't have that spirit but that of Satan, the world or whatever.

Catro! Io me it is as simple as that. If we want to learn of God, we must have His Holy Spirit to understand the things of God. That is what1 Corinth. 2:11-12 tells us.
    Everything else will be given to us. Eternal Life is a free gift of God by the Faith in Christ Jesus our Lord.
    Not that easy, He tells us what is expected of us on the Sermon on the Mount. Math. 5:17-19 But we also have to understand that it is because God in us who is doing the good work that we are saved. Not by our doing so nobody can boast.
    Peace and Love Mrs.

Viewing 7 posts - 221 through 227 (of 227 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account