faith and works

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 95 total)
  • Author
    Proclaimer
    Participant

True. Knowledge and belief are different. All have the knowledge of right and wrong through our conscience. But only some choose to believe the gospel which is not only confirmed by our conscience, but the Spirit also confirms the gospel message.

John 3:18
    Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son.

Romans 14:23
    And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.

david
    Participant

1 Cor. 1:10: “Now I exhort you, brothers, through the name of our Lord Jesus Christ that you should all speak in agreement, and that there should not be divisions among you, but that you may be fitly united in the same mind and in the same line of thought.”

I'm wondering how t8 and Nick are fitly united in the same mind and in the same line of thought. You don't always “speak in agreement.”

T8 responded to someone with these words: “I TOTALLY AGREE.”
    Nick responded to the same statement with these words: “I DON'T.”

I'm wondering how many administrators there are on here (just two?)
    I'm wondering how you were chosen or how you came to be administrators.

And I wonder how the two of you differ from any other religion.

david.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi david,
    What you see here is not denominational conformity but freedom in the Spirit. We love one another in Christ and are honest with each other and learn from each other.

david
    Participant

And when you disagree, who decides who is right?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi david,
    We rarely disagree and if we do we share our knowledge and then ponder these things in our hearts awhile letting the Spirit teach us. If we cannot agree we would agree to disagree in the knowledge that none of us knows everything and as Peter said in his second letter “some things are difficult to understand”.

david
    Participant

“some things are difficult to understand.” which the untaught and unsteady are twisting to their own destruction, if memory serves me.

Which brings us back to this:

1 Cor. 1:10: “Now I exhort you, brothers, through the name of our Lord Jesus Christ that you should all speak in agreement, and that there should not be divisions among you, but that you may be fitly united in the same mind and in the same line of thought.”

NickHassan
    Participant

Certainly david,
    The scriptures are what unites us in mind. We must be transformed by a renewing of our mind. [Eph 4.23,Rom 12.2]We need to all have the mind of Christ. Since we who are in Christ share the Spirit who wrote the scriptures through men [2Peter 1.22]then that should not be impossible. But we do not start with being united with men like any other social club, but with being united with Christ and the Spirit.

We obey Christ who said
    “you must be born again of water and the Spirit”

david
    Participant

Nick, we know he said that. you've repeated those words countless times.
    And I've often added the end of that scripture so we can consider what it fully says and who it's discussing.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi david,
    If we join a group and we all agree to believe in the same things as far as faith matters are concerned that does not show we have any relationship with the Body of Christ. That is mere human unity and conformity.
    Paul had to rebuke Peter because of his false ways in Galatians and separated from Barnabas and Mark.These are good things as they show Spiritual life exists in the body, and the body needs the ear to hear, the eye to see, the legs to walk and the hand to feed and wash.

david
    Participant

Yes, but did you know that you must be born again of water and spirit to inherit the kingdom of the heavens Nick?

Turn your head to the left :)

david
    Participant

ok, that last comment “turn your head to the left” was supposed to be followed by a sideways smily face created the old fashioned way. I didn't think the smily faces were working for some reason.

dave

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi david,
    Jesus said we must be born again to ENTER the kingdom. The rich Jewish man asked how to INHERIT the kingdom as the chosen people under the OT hoped to do. The older son inherits and we do so too …through our Jewish saviour.

We must be born again of THE Spirit of God? Have you?

OneSpirit
    Participant

We must be born again of THE Spirit of God? Have you?

Nick,

Can I ask you what you mean by this exactly.  You seem to repeat it a lot, but I am not sure what you mean by it.

In other words, if I wanted to be “born again of the Spirit”, what would I do, and what would it “look like”?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    You must be born again from above. Just as Jesus was baptised in the Spirit at his water baptism we must follow him. We can have hands laid on as in the time of the Apostles by those with the Spirit or we can pray for the Spirit from our Father. We cannot understand the things of God until the Spirit shows us from within. The Spirit also brings gifts of power and grace and knowledge to enable us to continue the work of Christ until he returns [such as described in Mk 16].

OneSpirit
    Participant

Nick,

So which did you do? Pray for the Spirit, or have someone lay hands on you. And how do you know that you received the Spirit and are not just operating on your own strength and understanding?

Also, did you get baptized in water when you came to your new beliefs? If so, who baptized you?

OneSpirit
    Participant

Nick wrote:

The Spirit also brings gifts of power and grace and knowledge to enable us to continue the work of Christ until he returns [such as described in Mk 16].

I am sorry.  I missed this.  I assume you are referring to this:

Mark 16:
    17 And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues; 18 they will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.

Which of these have you done?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi OS,
    The order is water and the Spirit though God showed in Acts 10 that He can reverse the order. Again if laying on of hands is unavailable God has made it plain in scripture[Lk 11] that He will give His Spirit to any of His children who ask. Most do not ask. I came into the Spirit through the laying on of hands 24 years ago during the charismatic renewal. Scripture came alive for me and I realised I needed to be baptised in water. A friend who had just been to a retreat where he had been baptised, baptised me. Sadly he dies of cancer shortly afterwards so I cannot check the details now which is frustrating as I hope it was in the name of Jesus and not a trinity.
    I enjoy the gift of tongues which I find very helpful. I have laid hands on the sick and seen healings. I have seen demonic spirits depart on command. Mostly I enjoy the way the Spirit continues to open up scripture revealing it's beauty and harmony and remind me of verses when I need them. I enjoy living under the blessing of God. But I am only a poor servant who has done little to aid the kingdom. Seek the path that is written as God is faithful to His promises.

OneSpirit
    Participant

Nick,

A friend who had just been to a retreat where he had been baptised, baptised me. Sadly he dies of cancer shortly afterwards so I cannot check the details now which is frustrating as I hope it was in the name of Jesus and not a trinity.

So you are not even sure if you were baptized correctly?  Shouldn't you make sure that you have “gone through the gate”?

I enjoy the gift of tongues which I find very helpful.

What do you mean by that?  Do you mean that you can speak various foreign languages by means of the Spirit as in Acts 2:1-13?

I have laid hands on the sick and seen healings.

Are you talking about immediate healings, (like the lame walking, or the blind seeing), or are you talking about “medical miracles”, (where someone who is diagnosed with a disease gets checked out with a clean bill of health)?

I have seen demonic spirits depart on command.

Were these exorcisms performed on people of faith who came to be healed, or were they performed on “random” people simply by a prompting of the Spirit?

Again, I just want to know what you mean when you use these terms.

NickHassan
    Participant

How about you One Spirit?

OneSpirit
    Participant

No, I have not done any of those things that you have mentioned above, but I also don't believe that Mark 16 was meant for all believers of all times.  But, since you do, and you apparently have born the fruit, I would like to hear more about it.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 95 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account