Ezekiel 28:12-15

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    acertainchap
    Participant

Ezekiel 28:12-15

12 “Son of man, take up a lament concerning the king of Tyre and say to him: 'This is what the Sovereign LORD says:
    ” 'You were the model of perfection,
    full of wisdom and perfect in beauty.

13 You were in Eden,
    the garden of God;
    every precious stone adorned you:
    ruby, topaz and emerald,
    chrysolite, onyx and jasper,
    sapphire, turquoise and beryl.
    Your settings and mountings were made of gold;
    on the day you were created they were prepared.

14 You were anointed as a guardian cherub,
    for so I ordained you.
    You were on the holy mount of God;
    you walked among the fiery stones.

15 You were blameless in your ways
    from the day you were created
    till wickedness was found in you.
    16 Through your widespread trade
    you were filled with violence,
    and you sinned.
    So I drove you in disgrace from the mount of God,
    and I expelled you, O guardian cherub,
    from among the fiery stones.

17 Your heart became proud
    on account of your beauty,
    and you corrupted your wisdom
    because of your splendor.
    So I threw you to the earth;
    I made a spectacle of you before kings.

18 By your many sins and dishonest trade
    you have desecrated your sanctuaries.
    So I made a fire come out from you,
    and it consumed you,
    and I reduced you to ashes on the ground
    in the sight of all who were watching.

These verses seem to be speaking of a beautifully adorned angel of great importance that fell.

IM4Truth
    Participant

Chap That was Satan that was a beautiful Cherubim, that is why He thought He could take the throne away from God. There was a war in Heaven and Satan was cast down to the earth. One third of the Angels went with him. The worst Angels are in chains and will be loosed at the last 3 1/2 years of tribulation. Which is called God's Wrath. The Church will be going into safety at that time. In the end God will destroy Anti-Christ along with those Demon and all that have worshipped Anti-Christ, in the Lake of Fire.

Peace and Love Mrs. :blues: :blues: :blues:

david
    Participant

Yes, it was Satan who's heart became proud, as this scripture says. He was a beautiful angelic creature of God, who wanted more. He wanted what God had or would have.

Morningstar
    Participant

I really doubt it's Satan. He fell back in the Garden. This principality that fell was most likely another of the Sons of God who was given dominion over Tyre.

deuteronomy 32:8

8When the Most High gave to the nations their inheritance,
    when he divided mankind,
    he fixed the borders of the peoples
    according to the number of the sons of God.
    9But the LORD’s portion is his people,
    Jacob his allotted heritage.

Morningstar
    Participant

The Great Council

In the beginning when God divided up the nations he appointed over each nation a divine son to be a watcher and a guardian. Each son was to be a regent (one who rules in another’s place and with their authority) who would guide the people and represent the Father who is invisible and cannot be seen or heard by man. These beings were very much seen and heard by men as all ancient religions declare their direct dealings with their “gods”.

Jesus received the nation of Israel as his inheritance. With Israel the Father had the plan of redemption so his unique only begotten son was given the important task of watching over it. For Jesus is the one who created man and will be the one who saves man.

These sons are called “gods”. It is just a title that means “mighty one” and does not mean God in even remotely the same sense as that title applies to the Father. Our English language causes many problems when it comes to the titles and names of God and his sons in the Old Testament. We have turned the title of God into an official name of the Father and thus stripped that title of its original meaning. It is the difference between “mighty one” and “Almighty”; for God is the Most High obviously demonstrating that there are other Elohim that he is higher than.

The other sons of God who watched over the other nations failed miserably and did not govern properly letting man fall into absolute debauchery and rather than ruling under the Father’s will they prided themselves to govern how they saw fit. The only son given a nation who loved righteousness and was faithful was Jesus, the Son who watched over Israel. God gave all authority to the one good Son, the one good Shepherd who inherited all nations. The other sons include Satan who is the “god” of this current world and the other fallen principalities and powers. I believe originally Satan was the guardian set over Eden and he set the example for the other fallen sons to follow.

In the Old Testament we see many references to these powers. Some examples include the King of Tyre and the Prince of Tyre. Every nation had a human king and above him an angelic King. This is why sometimes these verses appear to be talking about a man and at other times an angel. Well, it is because two beings are being spoken about. In the case of Tyre God was sending a message through Ezekiel to both the bad human king and the bad angelic King. Another, example is when David said, “My Lord said to my Lord.” Sometimes a lot of the prophecies and messianic verses in the Old Testament about Christ appear to be talking about David as well; it is because two beings are being spoken about. Jesus was the Elohim (god) over David and above both of them was the Most High (God). Remember, the Prince of Persia and the Prince of Greece mentioned in Daniel? Every nation had a divine son or “Lord” over it and above the divine son is the Father.

God (Father) > Lord (divine son) > human King

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account