Evil

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 97 total)
  • Author
    Not3in1
    Participant

Thank you for your post. I confess, I've been a bit depressed over this thread. I don't usually give in to depression, but for some reason I've been wondering if what happened to me was God's will, and that just breaks my heart and makes me cry. :(

Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ May 22 2007,10:53)
    Thank you for your post.  I confess, I've been a bit depressed over this thread.  I don't usually give in to depression, but for some reason I've been wondering if what happened to me was God's will, and that just breaks my heart and makes me cry.  :(

Hi Not3inOne:

God loves you and so do I and I am praying that God will heal you and help you to see Him in the proper perspective.

1 Co.2:9
    But as it is written *, Eye hath not seen, nor * * ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

What ever God allows in this world he allows it with the intent that man will repent and turn to him and be saved.  You and I have also done wrong of one sort or another and God has had mercy on us, and so if you haven't forgiven that person that violated your person, ask God to help you forgive him as part of the process of Him healing your emotional scars.

What I have said to you is out of my love for you.  God Bless.

Not3in1
    Participant

94 – thank you. You have lifted my spirits tonight. I just can't thank you enough.
    Love to you,
    Mandy

Participant

Hi Not3in1:

I am glad that I could help you in some way.  We the body of Christ need each other.  I thought the following scripture might also help:

Phil. 4:8
    Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

God Bless

Not3in1
    Participant

Oh, yes, it helps! Thanks, bro!

I have long forgiven my Uncle for the abuse I suffered during those little girl years. That wasn't the part that bothered me. Because of this thread and certain posts, I got to wondering if it was God's WILL that I be abused? And that was just too much for my heart. But I am once again encouraged – thanks to you and others – and back on track. I'm glad I only wasted a day wondering about God's love and care for me. Next time I won't even waste a day. Who has time to waste?
    :)

david
    Participant

Thank you for your post. I confess, I've been a bit depressed over this thread. I don't usually give in to depression, but for some reason I've been wondering if what happened to me was God's will, and that just breaks my heart and makes me cry.

“Time and unforseen occurance befall us all.”
    (proverbs I think)

This scriptures says that sometimes things just happen. We all have to suffer the effects of time and unforseen things.
    But if there is anyone that is putting stumbling blocks in front of your path, I would consider Satan as a possibility and not God. (Read Job)
    Job's three false comforters (Eliphaz, bildad and zophar) tried to tell Job that it was God who was doing these things to him. It turned out to be Satan. God ALLOWED THEM to test Job. IT WAS NOT GOD who was doing them. It was satan, God's enemy.
    With evil things God cannot be tried, nor does he himself try anyone.

david
    Participant

That wasn't the part that bothered me. Because of this thread and certain posts, I got to wondering if it was God's WILL that I be abused?

Not3in1, I say this with absolute certainty. That was NOT God's will.
    While bad things do happen and God ALLOWS them, he is allowing them for a reason, a much larger reason. It is to show humans everywhere once and for all time what human rule, what rule without God causes. the world is doing things it's way, for now, Satan's way, actually. God has allowed Satan to try to prove that he is right. This is the result, all the things we see today. 1 billion people without enough food and 450 million of them at the point of starvation. Hence, we pray for God's kingdom Gods rulership.

Not3in1
    Participant

Brother David, thank you for your words! And good points regarding Satan and the will of God.

acertainchap
    Participant

Satan was created by God. God created good and evil. Unless evil was a result of creating good…

david
    Participant

God created free will. The one who became called “Satan” (resistor; opposer) and “devil” (slanderer) chose to use that free will badly.

Just as a criminal isn't born a criminal but chooses that path, so it was with Satan.

JAMES 1:14-15
    “But each one is tried by being drawn out and enticed by his own desire. Then the desire, when it has become fertile, gives birth to sin; in turn, sin, when it has been accomplished, brings forth death.”

michaels
    Participant

if you keep gods commandments ,exodus 20 to love god with your hole hart sole and mind and to love your brother as your self,god will protect you under the shadow of his wing,and no sickness or death will come upon you,although he also said to come out from amongst her lest you take part in her plages and he will also test the righteous wich is what job went through also moses and all israel at the mount if he diddent test us then how would we stand threw the fire inthis end day,me dont believe evil willcome to you if you stand in the light,and be careful not to fall or be decieved for even this evil that befell job when he was tested and stripped of all was a blessing because job stayed in the light and came out shinning all was restored and more with a longer more glorious life than the start because he passed the test

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi M,
    Acts 2
    “38Then Peter said unto them, Repent, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins, and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Ghost.

39For the promise is unto you, and to your children, and to all that are afar off, even as many as the LORD our God shall call.

40And with many other words did he testify and exhort, saying, Save yourselves from this untoward generation. “
    That is how we love God. We obey the Son He sent.

Laurel
    Participant

In the beginning Elohim separated the good from the evil.
    He also created a very beautiful, and intellegent angel who became satan through his craft, which was lying, deception and selfishness.
    We all can choose good or evil. Sin leads to death and death is the last thing to be destroyed in the end.
    Good overcomes evil!
    Yes there can be Elohim without Satan, but not untill He wills it.

david
    Participant

God created free will. The one who became called “Satan” (resistor; opposer) and “devil” (slanderer) chose to use that free will badly.

Just as a criminal isn't born a criminal but chooses that path, so it was with Satan.

“But each one is tried by being drawn out and enticed by his own desire. Then the desire, when it has become fertile, gives birth to sin; in turn, sin, when it has been accomplished, brings forth death.”

Adding to this:
    JOHN 8:44
    “YOU are from YOUR father the Devil, and YOU wish to do the desires of YOUR father. That one was a manslayer when he began, and he did not stand fast in the truth, because truth is not in him. . . ..”

If Satan “did not stand fast in the truth” that means that he was once “in the truth.”

I think that because of pride or wanting the worship that belonged to God Almighty, the one who came to be known as Satan set out on the course he did, which will eventually lead to his destruction.

david
    Participant

Adding to the above, I would really like a comment from those who believe that Jehovah created an adversary, Satan the Devil.

The scripture says that he did not stand fast in the truth. How would you reply?

acertainchap
    Participant

Quote (MrBob @ Nov. 08 2005,16:10)
    Is evil something separate from good, or simply a lack of good?

Both. :cool:

acertainchap
    Participant

Quote (david @ July 14 2007,18:23)
    Adding to the above, I would really like a comment from those who believe that Jehovah created an adversary, Satan the Devil.

The scripture says that he did not stand fast in the truth.  How would you reply?

Basically what you are intending to say is that God didn't create Satan with a free will?

TimothyVI
    Participant

Quote (david @ July 12 2007,18:35)
    Adding to this:
    JOHN 8:44
    “YOU are from YOUR father the Devil, and YOU wish to do the desires of YOUR father. That one was a manslayer when he began, and he did not stand fast in the truth, because truth is not in him. . . ..”

If Satan “did not stand fast in the truth” that means that he was once “in the truth.”

Hi David,

Saying that satan “did not stand fast in the truth” in no way mean that he was once “in the truth”.

Actually what John 8:44 says is that he was a killer from the beginning and stands not in the truth because the truth is not in him.

That in no way indicates to me that satan was once a glorious, beautiful, wonderful angel who turned bad.

Tim

david
    Participant

Basically what you are intending to say is that God didn't create Satan with a free will?

I'm not saying that at all. I am saying that he, like everyone had free will. He chose to use it badly, very badly. He wanted what belonged to Jehovah.

acertainchap
    Participant

Yes.

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 97 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account