Every Knee Shall Bow And Confess to God!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 938 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    You say
    “Even a child can understand that the Son of the Father is One with his Father, God! :”

I have discussed this with my children and while we live in different places and have families of their own they agree that they do have loving unity with us usually but they are very different and minds of their own but do work together often in unity with us.
    Is this what you mean?

Hi W,
    You say
    “Even a child can understand that the Son of the Father is One with his Father, God! :”

I have discussed this with my children and while we live in different places and have families of their own they agree that they do have loving unity with us usually but they are very different and minds of their own but do work together often in unity with us.
    Is this what you mean?

NH

You say…

Is this what you mean?

Not unless I believed that the Father and the Son were very different and had different minds of their own?

But I do believe that you and your family have unity by virtue of your blood passed to them.

They are human too!
    :)

Can you hear yourself?

“Seated at the right hand of God.”

And you should also know that we are seated with Christ on his throne.

If we are seated with Christ are we Christ?

“Jesus is seated at the right hand of God.”

Have a good think about it.

T8

Can you hear yourself? Are you making yourself equal in nature and Identity to Jesus?

Are you telling me you will sit in the same throne as the Father and the Lamb?

This kind of thinking comes from seeing Jesus as a merely a Son of God like us without accepting his deity.

All thrones are his.

Col 1:16
    For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

Rev 20:4
    And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years.

There is One throne reserved for Deity only!

Rev 5:
    9 And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;
    10 And hast made us unto our God kings and priests: and we shall reign on the earth.
    11 And I beheld, and I heard the voice of many angels “round about the throne” and the beasts and the elders: and the number of them was ten thousand times ten thousand, and thousands of thousands;
    12 Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing.
    13 And every creature which is in heaven, and on the earth, and under the earth, and such as are in the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying, Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto him that sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb for ever and ever.
    14 And the four beasts said, Amen. And the four and twenty elders fell down and worshipped him that liveth for ever and ever

Are you saying that Jesus being One with the Father as God means he cant be with the Father at his right Hand?

Are you one flesh with your wife, and can you also be with her? Can Jesus Spirit be One with your Spirit and still be with you?

Still trying to accuse the Trinitarian as being a modelist? ???

Have a good think about it!

Even the demons have bow their knee and confessed t8

God has not taken his own soul from prison and judgment
    Check the preexistence of one elected as the holy one of Israel
    Isa 53:10 Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put [him] to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see [his] seed, he shall prolong [his] days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.

God dose not need to prolong his own Life?

Even the demons know this? the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand.

Mar 5:7 And cried with a loud voice, and said, what have I to do with thee, Jesus, [thou] Son of the most high God? I adjure thee by God, that thou torment me not.

Charity

Are we to follow the testimony of devils. Satan is a liar and the father of it!
    ???

WorshippingJesus you say
    No. The scriptures tell us…
    God beget the Son through his miraculous conception by the Holy Spirit who is God, at which time the Word that was with God and the Word that was God took on human form becoming the SON of God.

Sleep on

Son Of Man first
    Mat 1:1 The book of the generation of Jesus Christ, the son of David, the son of Abraham.

You leave us no way or mean to follow him who can behave as God in the flesh? Thief?
    Mar 14:21 The Son of man indeed goeth, as it is written of him: but woe to that man by whom the Son of man is betrayed! good were it for that man if he had never been born.

He shall be “called the Son of God “
    Luk 1:35 And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the Son of God.

The spirit Of God descends on him; understand the spirit of God who is a spirit descended on Him then
    Mat 3:16  And Jesus, when he was baptized, went up straightway out of the water: and, lo, the heavens were opened unto him, and he saw the *Spirit of God descending* like a dove, and lighting upon him:
    Mat 3:17  And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.

Stop pushing against God AND GLORIFY His Son
    Rom 8:17  And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with [him], that we may be also glorified together.

Wake up!
    There is an army of very strong men rising around you

Charity

Yes the man Christ Jesus is the annointed Messiah, but he is also the Lord from heaven!

I see no army of might men here. Even so, the Lord God almighty lives in me!

How about you? ???

Believe in Jesus the Lord from heaven!

charity
    Participant

For he built again the high places Balaam

Worshiping the Host of heaven creation’ and not the creator

Phl 3:3 For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh.

Jer 19:13 And the houses of Jerusalem, and the houses of the kings of Judah, shall be defiled as the place of Tophet, because of all the houses upon whose roofs they have burned incense unto all the host of heaven, and have poured out drink offerings unto other gods.
    2Ki 17:16 And they left all the commandments of the LORD their God, and made them molten images, [even] two calves, and made a grove, and worshipped all the host of heaven, and served Baal.
    2Ki 21:3 For he built up again the high places which Hezekiah his father had destroyed; and he reared up altars for Baal, and made a grove, as did Ahab king of Israel; and worshipped all the host of heaven, and served them.(Instead of God)

2Pe 2:15 Which have forsaken the right way, and are gone astray, following the way of Balaam [the son] of Bosor, who loved the wages of unrighteousness;

Rev 2:13 I know thy works, and where thou dwellest, [even] where Satan's seat [is]: and thou holdest fast my name, and hast not denied my faith, even in those days wherein Antipas [was] my faithful martyr, who was slain among you, where Satan dwelleth.
    Rev 2:14 But I have a few things against thee, because thou hast there them that hold the doctrine of Balaam, who taught Balac to cast a stumblingblock before the children of Israel, to eat things sacrificed unto idols, and to commit fornication.
    Rev 2:15 So hast thou also them that hold the doctrine of the Nicolaitans, which thing I hate.
    Rev 2:16 Repent; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will fight against them with the sword of my mouth.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Feb. 23 2007,04:46)

Hi W,
    You say

Is this what you mean?

NH

You say…

Is this what you mean?

Not unless I believed that the Father and the Son were very different and had different minds of their own?

But I do believe that you and your family have unity by virtue of your blood passed to them.

They are human too!

Hi W,
    So Gods beget Gods?
    I see.
    So all the gods of say Psalm 97 are actually Gods?
    How many Gods do you have ?

Proclaimer
    Participant

If a human begats a human you have 2 humans.
    If a god begats a god, you have to gods.

But for us, there is one God the Father, and one Lord Jesus Christ and God made this Jesus both Lord and Christ.

So there is one God.

It is the first commandment and it is taught in the New Testament.

Hi W,
    So Gods beget Gods?
    I see.

NH

Is it your job on this forum to just provoke and misrepresent people?

Do you feel good about your self doing this?

God the Father begat Jesus the Son at birth when the Word that was with God and was God took on the likeness of human flesh.

Now since the Word was/is God then if you believe the scriptures then you will accept that the Father God and the Word/God is One God.

Esplain to me NH how you are ONE flesh with your wife.

Explain to me how the Body of Christ is One Body and yet having many members.

You try and use your carnal finite mind to understand Mysterys of God.

These things are known by the Spirit.

You say…

How many Gods and Lords do you have NH?

You claim to serve and bow down to Jesus and say he is Divine, but he is not the Word/God who came in the flesh.

Matt 6:24
    No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon.

Isa 45:21
    Tell ye, and bring [them] near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the LORD? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me.

Isa 46:9
    Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; 0I am God, and there is none like me,

Look close all Arian followers. Jesus is the Express Image of the Invisible God, not a reflection.

So has God changed his mind or is he a liar when he says there is none beside him or none like him?

If you make Jesus anything other than who he is “the Lord from heaven” who came in the flesh then you call God a liar and make the creator Jesus a creature.

Selah

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    Your words.
    Was the Word who was with God a God?
    Is your idea of unity between spouses in every way all the time?
    Do you really believe to obey Jesus the vine is to be unable to obey the Gardener, God?
    If so then you have no understanding of the order of authority even shown on earth by the centurion whose servant Jesus healed.
    Do you really believe that if Jesus saves it is not work done for the Father, with the Father and in the name of the Father?
    Do you believe the Son of God remains a member of God?

Mystery Babylon muddies the water for the children of God.

Hi W,
    Your words.
    Do you really believe to obey Jesus the vine is to be unable to obey the Gardener, God?
    If so then you have no understanding of the order of authority even shown on earth by the centurion whose servant Jesus healed.
    Do you really believe that if Jesus saves it is not work done for the Father, with the Father and in the name of the Father?

NH

You say…

Your words.

I have never implied that the Word was a God!

Jn 1:1
    In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

You say…

Unity and Oneness in being are two different things.

I will not always be in agreement with my spouse, but we will always be “One flesh” until Christ returns or one of us dies.

You say…

Of course not, because Jesus our source of Life “The True Vine” is “The True God”. Is anyone but God your source of life NH?

Do you base your theology on One Parable of Jesus?

Ok, lets try it! If Jesus the vine is seperate from the Gardner God, then being in the vine would mean that we are not in God.

The truth is, the Vine is in the Gardner and the Gardner is in the Vine. Because they are One. This parable is spoken to show the ministry of the Father and the Son. They are One God, Jesus bridging the Gap as God in the flesh. Jesus is the tree of life. No one but God could be the source of Eternal life.

You say…

Of course I understand authority. Jesus was given back all the power and authority he had with the Father as the Lord in heaven before he left it all to take on human form and laid that life down for us offering his body as a living sacrifice to save our bacon as you say.

But tell me NH. Are you building your understanding of the relationship of the Father and the Monogenes Son by the relationship of a Roman centurion and his servant?

You say…

Tell me NH.. what is the name of God for us?

Jn 5:17
    But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and I work.

I might be wrong, but I dont know of any place in scripture that Jesus worked “for” the Father.

Yes NH. Jesus works with the Father for they are Inseperable as One God!

You say…

The Son of God is the Word/God in the flesh.
    As you say NH, we must not go outside of scripture!

You say…

The word Babylon means: Confusion.

Arian theology cast confusion and doubt on the scriptures by rejecting and miss quoting certain ones to support their Unitarian or Henotheistic belief in a God who has a lessor god as a Son.

I Jn 5:
    19 And we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness.
    20 And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

Believe all the scriptures not just a select few!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    You say
    Of course not, because Jesus our source of Life “The True Vine” is “The True God”. Is anyone but God your source of life NH?

So Who is the Vinedresser for Whom the vine produces fruit??

Jn 15
    “I am the true vine,
    and
    My Father is the vinedresser.”

Was God born in the flesh or was the Son, and then anointed by God, Who was WITH him?

Acts 10
    ” 38How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.”

Charity

[1] Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.
    [2] And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.
    [3] And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.
    [4] Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,
    [5] Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;
    [6] Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;
    [7] Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.
    [8] Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.
    [9] For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.
    [10] But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.
    [11] When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.
    [12] For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.
    [13] And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

Jesus, The Lord from heaven is Love! :)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi w,

You quote about Jesus and his Father

“But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and I work.”

And somehow,
    by absurd logic
    where two are written
    you read one.

“I might be wrong, but I dont know of any place in scripture that Jesus worked “for” the Father.

Yes NH. Jesus works with the Father for they are Inseperable as One God!”

No doubt about it
    You are wrong.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    You say
    “The truth is, the Vine is in the Gardner and the Gardner is in the Vine. Because they are One. This parable is spoken to show the ministry of the Father and the Son. They are One God, Jesus bridging the Gap as God in the flesh. Jesus is the tree of life. No one but God could be the source of Eternal life.”

Then by the same absurd logic the branches,
    those in Christ,
    are also God.

Cubes
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Feb. 20 2007,12:12)

And WJ,

I feel to tell you that I speak specifically of the Trinity and not to your love for God or concerning other matters of the scriptures.  I feel the first commandment is fundamental to being the children of God through Christ so make no excuses for it (or else I would be a universalist who believed in various Gods and the way to them.  The way to my God is through the Son of God, Yeshua, not through a Trinity Son-father… you see). I feel that worshipers of the Trinity fall in the category of those in Paul's day who worshiped the “Unknown” God.  After all as you say, he is a mystery and the gropings in the darkness by Trinitarians have found him to be a “Trinity,” rather than the Father, whom they fervently worship the best they know how.  Were the greeks right?

Paul had not attained, he too groped in the dark and as we, he dimly saw and looked to the day when he shall see much more clearly…, but like Paul and the apostles we know this much, that God is not “unknown” in the sense the greeks meant, that he is not a “trinity” in the way Trinitarians claim.  We know this much because it is written:  that the true God is one, and that he is the God and Father of our firstborn brother and Lord Jesus Christ, our hope of glory.  Therefore, our Father too, being that we are born of the same spirit by which he sired his son (John 3).  Yes, our hope of glory.

Big difference between the Father and a Trinity, between the son and a Trinity.  Still, as Paul loved those greeks and wanted to impart the truth to them so that they too may grow even closer to God through his beloved son, we do the same with all prayers to God to that end.

Now I invite you to please go over Acts 17 again with me, if you don't mind.

Remain built up in Christ.

Hi Cubes

You say…

After all as you say, he is a mystery and the gropings in the darkness by Trinitarians have found him to be a “Trinity,” rather than the Father, whom they fervently worship the best they know how.  Were the greeks right?

This again is proof that you either don’t understand the Trinitarian view or worse you purposely misrepresent it.

“found him to be a trinity”.  This is a Modelist view, not a Trinitarian one. No Trinitarian believes that God the Father is a Trinity.

The Trinitarian view believes the Father, Son and Holy Spirit are ONE.

Don’t you believe this Cubes? They are One are they not?

Ah but you are afraid to say that they are one God. For this would go against your Arian view.

Why not accept all of the scriptures rather than a few select ones?

You say…

Big difference between the Father and a Trinity, between the son and a Trinity.  Still, as Paul loved those greeks and wanted to impart the truth to them so that they too may grow even closer to God through his beloved son, we do the same with all prayers to God to that end.

How disingenuous my friend!

You say…

Now I invite you to please go over Acts 17 again with me, if you don't mind.

Remain built up in Christ.

I will look at Acts 17 and give you a reply!

But I would ask one thing of you.

Please tell me…

Other than the title Father, What Name or Attribute or Apallation of God in scripture can not be ascribed or is not ascribed to Jesus?

Just Give me One.

Blessings

Hi WJ,

It is good to see you back.
    I am sorry you feel that I am being disingenuous here.  I can only try and assure you that I am not.

I am responding generally to your posts as I haven't had a chance to read them all in detail at this time.  Hope to respond to other things later as I am able.

You wrote:  

Other than the title Father, What Name or Attribute or Apallation of God in scripture can not be ascribed or is not ascribed to Jesus?

Just Give me One.

For starters, how about THE GOD [and Father] OF JESUS CHRIST?

And

The HIGHEST?

It would also be interesting to see which titles are shared by men? e.g. king, lord, savior, light of the world

Also which titles are NOT shared by GOD ALMIGHTY, in as much as they ensue from him?  e.g. Son of Man!

Cubes
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Feb. 23 2007,06:13)
    Is it faith in God or faith in Jesus?
    Is it God that gives us light or Jesus that gives us light?
    Is it God that heals or Jesus that heals?
    Is it God who pours out his Spirit or Jesus who baptizes in the Spirit and fire?
    Is it God who comforts us or Jesus who comforts us?
    Is it God who is in our midst when there is 2 or 3 or is it Christ who is in our midst?
    Is it God who is with us to the end of the world or Jesus who is with us?
    Is it God I pray to or is it Jesus I pray to?
    Is it the Word of God that is my daily bread. Or is it the Word of Jesus who is the bread?
    Is it God who shall raise me up at the last day or is it Jesus who will raise me up?
    Is it God who is my king and Saviour or is it Jesus who is my King and Saviour?
    Is it God who calls us or Jesus who calls us?
    Is it God who gives us Grace and Life or is it Jesus who gives us Grace and life?
    Is it God who gives us strength or is it Jesus who gives us strength?
    Is it God who is our shephard or is it Jesus who is our shephard?
    Is it God who leads us or is it Jesus who leads us?
    Is it God who gives us power or is it Jesus who gives us power?
    Etc. Etc. Etc.

Hi WJ,

It is GOD [the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ], first and foremost, who leads us. It is he who has appointed and anointed his son to lead us into triumph in these things as you've listed.

2Cr 2:14 Now thanks [be] unto God, which always causeth us to triumph in Christ, and maketh manifest the savour of his knowledge by us in every place.
    2Cr 2:15 For we are unto God a sweet savour of Christ, in them that are saved, and in them that perish:
    2Cr 2:16 To the one [we are] the savour of death unto death; and to the other the savour of life unto life. And who [is] sufficient for these things?
    2Cr 2:17 For we are not as many, which corrupt the word of God: but as of sincerity, but as of God, in the sight of God speak we in Christ.

Blessings.

But for us, there is one God the Father, and one Lord Jesus Christ and God made this Jesus both Lord and Christ.

So there is one God.

T8

You say…

The Word/God was/is with God!

You said in Part 05 (Scriptures that are used to support the Trinity doctrine) of this forums writings the following…

So why don't translations of the bible translate John 1:1 as the Word was divine. Well first of all it is not incorrect to say that the Word was god…

Now either you believe Jesus is a lessor god or you believe he is the true God, as 1 John 5:20 states.

Of course if you believe he is a lessor god than you have polytheism which is against the scriptures and you serve and preach another Jesus which the scriptures do not teach.

2 Cor 11:4
    For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.

Gal 1:8
    But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.

You say…

So I quote a previous post…

You quote…

I Cor 8:4 As concerning therefore the eating of those things that are offered in sacrifice unto idols, we know that an idol is nothing in the world, and that there is none other God but one. 5 For though there be that are called gods, whether in heaven or in earth, (as there be gods many, and lords many,) 6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

Now lets look at the context…

Corinth was at this time a pagan city. Paganism and polytheism was the order of the day. But the Apostle Paul does an amazing thing in these verses. First he states in vrs 4…

“That there is none other God but one.”  Somehow, those on this sight seem to always leave this one out!

Them in vrs 5 Paul speaks of “gods many and lords many”. Then emphatically declares “to US there is but one God”.

Then in vrs 6 without hesitation Paul glossed “God” with the Father, and “Lord” (Kurios) with Jesus Christ, adding in each case an explanatory phrase: “God” is the Father, “from whom are all things and we to him,” and the “Lord” is Jesus, “through whom are all things and we through him.”

If Paul was defending Unitarianism here against the polytheistic views of the Corinthians who believed in many gods and lords, he wouldn’t have mentioned Jesus as “Kurios” in the same breath, and ascribing a God like attribute to him, “through whom are all things and we through him.”  .

Unless of course he knew and believed that Jesus the Word/God is Divinely and Uniqually ONE with the Father

Paul as a true Monothiest who called himself a Hebrew of the Hebrews knew that Jesus was God in the flesh or he would not be calling Jesus “Lord” and ascribing divinity to him.

You say…

So there is one God.

That is correct!

Matt 12:29
    And Jesus answered him, The first of all the commandments is, Hear, O Israel; The Lord our God is one Lord:

And so we rightly call Jesus Lord, because he is the Word/God in the flesh!

Isaiah 46:9
    Remember the former things of old: for I am God, and there is none else; I am God, and there is none like me,

You see the scriptures declare there is only one God and that there is none even like him.

Since we know that the Word/God was with him when he spoke these words, then either God was lying or he has abnesia or he means that he and the Word are ontologically the same one God.

Which Jesus are you going to preach?

For us there is One God and that God is the Father, Son and Holy Spirit these three are one as the scriptures teach.

Selah

Hi w,

You quote about Jesus and his Father

“But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and I work.”

And somehow,
    by absurd logic
    where two are written
    you read one.

“I might be wrong, but I dont know of any place in scripture that Jesus worked “for” the Father.

Yes NH. Jesus works with the Father for they are Inseperable as One God!”

No doubt about it
    You are wrong.

NH

Is it absurd logic that you and your wife are 2 but one flesh?

Is it absurd logic that the Body of Christ is One but many?

Is it absurd logic that the Word was with God and the Word was God?

Is it absurd logic that Jesus said destroy this temple and I will raise it again in 3 days and yet the scriptures says God raised him up?

Is it absurd logic that God said to God thy throne O God is forever and ever?

You say…

No doubt about it
    You are wrong.

You simply say I am wrong by trying again to force a Modelist view point on me, but you show me nothing to prove I am wrong.

Hi Cubes

You say…

It is good to see you back.
    I am sorry you feel that I am being disingenuous here.  I can only try and assure you that I am not.

I am responding generally to your posts as I haven't had a chance to read them all in detail at this time.  Hope to respond to other things later as I am able.

Good to be back. Thanks!

Ok. Let me try again. These are your statements in your post…

After all as you say, he is a mystery and the gropings in the darkness by Trinitarians have found him to be a “Trinity,”

Big difference between the Father and a Trinity, between the son and a Trinity.  Still, as Paul loved those greeks and wanted to impart the truth to them so that they too may grow even closer to God through his beloved son, we do the same with all prayers to God to that end

“found him to be a trinity”, “the Father and a trinity”, “the Son and a trinity”.
    Total misrepresentation and misquotes. You then go on to condescend to Trinitarians making them like the Greeks who worshipped false Gods and groped in darkness.

Disingenuous? Absolutely!

Cubes. I don’t have time nor do I care to have dialogue with this kind of practice.

Again if you want to have honest and intelligent debate then lets stay away from this kind of tactics.
    To me it shows weakness on the part of those trying to ad validity to their on view by defaming or misrepresenting the other side.

This is the stuff that politicians do all the time. I have not misrepresented your views or “stereotyped” you that I know of. If I have than tell me and I wont do it again.

I hope you understand!

I said…

Other than the title Father, What Name or Attribute or Appellation of God in scripture cannot be ascribed or is not ascribed to Jesus?

Just give me one.

You said…

For starters, how about THE GOD [and Father] OF JESUS CHRIST?

And

The HIGHEST?

The God

1 Jn 5:20
    And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life.

Isa 9:6
    For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counselor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

The Highest

Daniel 7:9-27
    9I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire.
    10A fiery stream issued and came forth from before him: thousand thousands ministered unto him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him: the judgment was set, and the books were opened.
    11I beheld then because of the voice of the great words which the horn spake: I beheld even till the beast was slain, and his body destroyed, and given to the burning flame.
    12As concerning the rest of the beasts, they had their dominion taken away: yet their lives were prolonged for a season and time.
    13I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him.
    14And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed.
    15I Daniel was grieved in my spirit in the midst of my body, and the visions of my head troubled me.
    16I came near unto one of them that stood by, and asked him the truth of all this. So he told me, and made me know the interpretation of the things.
    17These great beasts, which are four, are four kings, which shall arise out of the earth.
    18But the saints of the most High shall take the kingdom, and possess the kingdom for ever, even for ever and ever.
    19Then I would know the truth of the fourth beast, which was diverse from all the others, exceeding dreadful, whose teeth were of iron, and his nails of brass; which devoured, brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with his feet;
    20And of the ten horns that were in his head, and of the other which came up, and before whom three fell; even of that horn that had eyes, and a mouth that spake very great things, whose look was more stout than his fellows.

21I beheld, and the same horn made war with the saints, and prevailed against them;
    22Until the Ancient of days came, and judgment was given to the saints of the ; and the time came that the saints possessed the kingdom.
    23Thus he said, The fourth beast shall be the fourth kingdom upon earth, which shall be diverse from all kingdoms, and shall devour the whole earth, and shall tread it down, and break it in pieces.
    24And the ten horns out of this kingdom are ten kings that shall arise: and another shall rise after them; and he shall be diverse from the first, and he shall subdue three kings.
    25And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.
    26But the judgment shall sit, and they shall take away his dominion, to consume and to destroy it unto the end.
    27And the kingdom and dominion, and the greatness of the kingdom under the whole heaven, shall be given to the people of the saints of the most High, whose kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and all dominions shall serve and obey him.

Compare with…

Revelation 19
    13And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
    14And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
    15And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

And…

Jude 1
    14And Enoch also, the seventh from Adam, prophesied of these, saying, Behold, the Lord cometh with ten thousands of his saints

You say…
    It would also be interesting to see which titles are shared by men? e.g. king, lord, savior, light of the world

Also which titles are NOT shared by GOD ALMIGHTY, in as much as they ensue from him?  e.g. Son of Man!

True, But would it change the fact that other than Father no other being in the Universe is ascribed such Magnificence, Grandeur, Glory, and Beauty, Power, Etc., Etc., Etc.

Jesus truly is God, One with the Father and the Spirit!

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 938 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account