Every Knee Shall Bow And Confess to God!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 441 through 460 (of 938 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    Does God have a soul?

Quote (t8 @ Mar. 13 2007,22:53)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Mar. 14 2007,11:29)
    God dosnt “have” a Spirit. The Spirit is God because God is a Spirit!

For us there is one God the Father.
    God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in spirit and in truth.

So the Father is WHO God is.
    Spirit is WHAT God is.

t8

Thats a new one!

The Spirit is a “what” now!

So are you saying that the “what” is the essence, substance, and nature of God?

???

Cubes

I have looked over your post and cant wait to get to my study!

I will be responding to all your post Soon!
    :)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 13 2007,22:55)
    Hi W,
    Does God have a soul?

NH

What is your definition of Soul?

And I will answer you!

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Mar. 14 2007,00:23)

Quote (t8 @ Mar. 13 2007,22:53)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Mar. 14 2007,11:29)
    God dosnt “have” a Spirit. The Spirit is God because God is a Spirit!

For us there is one God the Father.
    God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in spirit and in truth.

So the Father is WHO God is.
    Spirit is WHAT God is.

t8

Thats a new one!

The Spirit is a “what” now!

So are you saying that the “what” is the essence, substance, and nature of God?

???

t8

BTW

Which is greater, the “Who” or “What”?

Think about it!

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Mar. 14 2007,01:06)

Hi W,
    Does God have a soul?

NH

And I will answer you!

Hi W,
    Let me help you.
    God has a soul.
    Ps 11
    ” 4The LORD is in his holy temple, the LORD's throne is in heaven: his eyes behold, his eyelids try, the children of men.

5The LORD trieth the righteous: but the wicked and him that loveth violence his soul hateth. “

God, Who is a Spirit, has a soul.

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 14 2007,01:39)

Hi W,
    Does God have a soul?

NH

And I will answer you!

Hi W,
    Let me help you.
    God has a soul.
    Ps 11
    ” 4The LORD is in his holy temple, the LORD's throne is in heaven: his eyes behold, his eyelids try, the children of men.

5The LORD trieth the righteous: but the wicked and him that loveth violence his soul hateth. “

God, Who is a Spirit, has a soul.

NH

You didnt answer my question!

I know what the scriptures say! What is your definition of “Soul”?

???

charity
    Participant

Now then worshiping Jesus if you are trying to put Gods soul into Christ it was only his spirit upon him first to wax strong; then the spirit of power descended latter as the holy ghost

. Isa 42:1 ¶ Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, [in whom] my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles.  
    Mat 12:18 Behold my servant, whom I have chosen; my beloved, in whom my soul is well pleased: I will put my spirit upon him, and he shall shew judgment to the Gentiles.
    1Cr 15:45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam [was made] a quickening spirit.
    1Th 5:23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    Does God have a soul?

NH

And I will answer you!

Hi W,

Number 5315
    Transliteration:
    nephesh {neh'-fesh}
    Word Origin:
    from 5314
    soul 475, life 117, person 29, mind 15, heart 15, creature 9, body 8, himself 8, yourselves 6, dead 5, will 4, desire 4, man 3, themselves 3, any 3, appetite 2, misc 47

Total: 753
    Definition:
    soul, self, life, creature, person, appetite, mind, living being, desire, emotion, passion
    that which breathes, the breathing substance or being, soul, the inner being of man
    living being
    living being (with life in the blood)
    the man himself, self, person or individual
    seat of the appetites
    seat of emotions and passions
    activity of mind
    dubious
    activity of the will
    dubious
    activity of the character
    dubious

Number 5590
    Transliteration:
    psuche {psoo-khay'}
    Word Origin:
    from 5594
    TDNT:
    9:608,1342
    Part of Speech:
    noun feminine
    Usage in the KJV:
    soul 58, life 40, mind 3, heart 1, heartily 1537 1, not tr 2

Total: 105
    Definition:
    breath
    the breath of life
    the vital force which animates the body and shows itself in breathing
    of animals
    of men
    life
    that in which there is life
    a living being, a living soul
    the soul
    the seat of the feelings, desires, affections, aversions (our heart, soul etc.)
    the (human) soul in so far as it is constituted that by the right use of the aids offered it by God it can attain its highest end and secure eternal blessedness, the soul regarded as a moral being designed for everlasting life
    the soul as an essence which differs from the body and is not dissolved by death (distinguished from other parts of the body)

charity
    Participant

And along with when he said he would put his spirit on his elected

Isa 42:1 ¶ Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, [in whom] my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles.  

He continued on to say..danger to stranger

Isa 42:8  I [am] the LORD: that [is] my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.

Balaam is to set up again the alter worshiping heavenly host as God
    Christ deserves to be honored for his election and glorified

Edit add; Christ acknowledges your faithfulness to his Name holding fast in these words WJ; you love him and speck of him and do not deny him, but he holds his hands out concerning the one Almighty God that he himself is subject to… SO IN ALL THINGS God is made all and all.
    Rev 2:13  I know thy works, and where thou dwellest, [even] where Satan's seat [is]: and thou holdest fast my name, and hast not denied my faith, even in those days wherein Antipas [was] my faithful martyr, who was slain among you, where Satan dwelleth.
    Rev 2:14  But I have a few things against thee, because thou hast there them that hold the doctrine of Balaam, who taught Balac to cast a stumblingblock before the children of Israel, to eat things sacrificed unto idols, and to commit fornication.

Quote (charity @ Mar. 14 2007,03:17)
    Now then worshiping Jesus if you are trying to put Gods soul into Christ it was only his spirit upon him first to wax strong; then the spirit of power descended latter as the holy ghost

. Isa 42:1 ¶ Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, [in whom] my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles.  
    Mat 12:18 Behold my servant, whom I have chosen; my beloved, in whom my soul is well pleased: I will put my spirit upon him, and he shall shew judgment to the Gentiles.
    1Cr 15:45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam [was made] a quickening spirit.
    1Th 5:23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Charity

Wasnt trying to do any such thing!

Just wanted to know his definition of “Soul”.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    You say
    “God doesnt “have” a Spirit. “

Hmm.

Interesting

Anyone else agree that God does not have a spirit?

charity
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Mar. 14 2007,06:07)

Quote (charity @ Mar. 14 2007,03:17)

Charity

Wasnt trying to do any such thing!

Just wanted to know his definition of “Soul”.

I’m VERY VERY sorry WJ

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 14 2007,03:34)

Hi W,
    Does God have a soul?

NH

And I will answer you!

Hi W,

Number 5315
    Transliteration:
    nephesh {neh'-fesh}
    Word Origin:
    from 5314
    soul 475, life 117, person 29, mind 15, heart 15, creature 9, body 8, himself 8, yourselves 6, dead 5, will 4, desire 4, man 3, themselves 3, any 3, appetite 2, misc 47

Definition:
    soul, self, life, creature, person, appetite, mind, living being, desire, emotion, passion
    that which breathes, the breathing substance or being, soul, the inner being of man
    living being
    seat of the appetites
    activity of mind
    dubious
    activity of the will
    dubious
    dubious

Number 5590
    Transliteration:
    psuche {psoo-khay'}
    Word Origin:
    from 5594
    TDNT:
    Part of Speech:
    noun feminine
    Usage in the KJV:

Definition:
    breath
    the breath of life
    of animals
    of men
    life
    the soul
    the (human) soul in so far as it is constituted that by the right use of the aids offered it by God it can attain its highest end and secure eternal blessedness, the soul regarded as a moral being designed for everlasting life
    the soul as an essence which differs from the body and is not dissolved by death (distinguished from other parts of the body)

NH

So then we could say, God who is a Spirit has a “soul” or “personality” namely “The Father”!

Hebrew word Soul, *nephesh*, which means:

1) soul, self, life, creature, *person*, appetite, mind, living being, desire, emotion, passion

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi w,
    You say
    “We are in the Spirit(Holy Spirit).

The Spirit of God(Father).

Spirit of Christ(Messiah).

Three persons One Spirit, One God!”

…Amazing…

So the Holy Spirit… is not the Spirit of God… and not the Spirit of Christ in your opinion??

Anyone else agree ?

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 14 2007,06:22)
    Hi W,
    You say
    “God doesnt “have” a Spirit. “

Hmm.

Interesting

Anyone else agree that God does not have a spirit?

NH

Is there more than One Spirit?

???

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi w,
    So looking at Romans 8
    ” 4That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

5For they that are after the flesh do mind the things of the flesh; but they that are after the Spirit the things of the Spirit.

6For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.

7Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.

8So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

9But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

10And if Christ be in you, the body is dead because of sin; but the Spirit is life because of righteousness.

11But if the Spirit of him that raised up Jesus from the dead dwell in you, he that raised up Christ from the dead shall also quicken your mortal bodies by his Spirit that dwelleth in you.

12Therefore, brethren, we are debtors, not to the flesh, to live after the flesh.

13For if ye live after the flesh, ye shall die: but if ye through the Spirit do mortify the deeds of the body, ye shall live.

14For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God.

15For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

16The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

17And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

18For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

19For the earnest expectation of the creature waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.

20For the creature was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,

21Because the creature itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.

22For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.

23And not only they, but ourselves also, which have the firstfruits of the Spirit, even we ourselves groan within ourselves, waiting for the adoption, to wit, the redemption of our body.

24For we are saved by hope: but hope that is seen is not hope: for what a man seeth, why doth he yet hope for?

25But if we hope for that we see not, then do we with patience wait for it.

26Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

27And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God”

Can you have the other spirits but just not have the Spirit of Christ and still be none of his?
    THE SPIRIT is mentioned a lot of times so we will need you to tell us which of your three spirits this refers to.
    Are only the ones with the Spirit of God sons of God or do we need all three?

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Mar. 14 2007,06:26)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 14 2007,03:34)

Hi W,
    Does God have a soul?

NH

And I will answer you!

Hi W,

Number 5315
    Transliteration:
    nephesh {neh'-fesh}
    Word Origin:
    from 5314

Definition:
    living being
    seat of the appetites
    activity of mind
    dubious
    activity of the will
    dubious
    dubious

Number 5590
    Transliteration:
    psuche {psoo-khay'}
    Word Origin:
    from 5594
    TDNT:
    Part of Speech:
    noun feminine
    Usage in the KJV:

Definition:
    breath
    the breath of life
    of animals
    of men
    life
    the soul

NH

So then we could say, God who is a Spirit has a “soul” or “personality” namely “The Father”!

Hebrew word Soul, *nephesh*, which means:

1) soul, self, life, creature, *person*, appetite, mind, living being, desire, emotion, passion

Hi W,
    God is indeed a person.
    The Father
    God is not a multiperson being.
    That came from man's imagination, not scripture.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi W,
    You say God does not have a spirit.
    What is God speaking of when he speaks of HIS SPIRIT?

Genesis 6:3
    Then the LORD said, ” My Spirit shall not strive with man forever, because he also is flesh; nevertheless his days shall be one hundred and twenty years.”

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 14 2007,06:26)
    Hi w,
    You say
    “We are in the Spirit(Holy Spirit).

The Spirit of God(Father).

Spirit of Christ(Messiah).

Three persons One Spirit, One God!”

…Amazing…

So the Holy Spirit… is not the Spirit of God… and not the Spirit of Christ in your opinion??

Anyone else agree ?

NH

Why do you twist my words?

Three persons One Spirit One God!

Did you even read that!

Lets further explain…

The Holy Spirit is God! The Spirit of Christ is God! And the Father is God!

ONE SPIRIT Three Persons ONE GOD

NH You do believe in the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit dont you?

You do believe that there is One Spirit dont you?

Lets look at it with scripture, then you give me your view point!

The Father

2 Cor 6:16
    And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Jn 14:23
    Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and **we** will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

This is the Father living in us.

In fact the above verse says both the Father and the Son will come and dwell within us!

The Son

Rom 8:9
    But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

Rom 8:15
    For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father.

2 Cor 13:5
    Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reprobates?

Gal 4:6
    And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father.

Now here we see that the Son, Yeshua Messiah, Jesus Christ,
    lives in us!

The Holy Spirit

Jn 14:6
    And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

Jn 16:6
    Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

Acts 2:4
    And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

And of course here we see the Comforter living in us and filling us!

So we have the Father, Son, And Holy Spirit living in us by these scriptures.

I challenge anyone to show me how these scriptures says anything else!

Now, since we know that there is One Spirit

1 Cor 12:13
    For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

Eph 2:18
    For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.

Ehp 4:4
    There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

Then to stay in harmony with the scriptures we conclude that there is…… ONE SPIRIT, THREE PERSONS, and ONE GOD!

Matt 28:
    18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.

19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

:)  :)  :)

Viewing 20 posts - 441 through 460 (of 938 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account