enoch translations

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 21 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Harmony
    Participant

Just something to ponder…..
    Since Enoch's writings were considered appocrophia…. could he not be predicting the destruction of the sinners with the floods?

Quote (seekingtruth @ Mar. 29 2007,09:48)
    Phoenix
    Based on my understanding and with factoring in my memory I hesitate to even respond, but from what I've read the book of Enoch was in use during the time of Jesus whether it was the same as the one we have today I don't know. When it came time to compile the scriptures there was something that the “power that be” did not like about it so it was left out and from what I remember they attempted to destroy all copies but a couple of hundred years ago other copies were found in Ethiopia where it is included in their grouping of scripture.

Personally I use it to gain insight or expand on scripture but not to set doctrine.

Once again my understanding, based on my memory (not so good anymore)  

As far as one translation better, T8 would have to respond to that and I'm sure he will.

My opinion – Wm

The book of Enoch was used by Christians until about 700 A.D. It was the Catholic Church that forbid its use and did not include it in the bible. It was the Catholic Church that added verse 9 in the book of Jude. Verse 9 is a contradiction to the rest of the bible, Dead Sea Scrolls, and book of Enoch.

michaels
    Participant

me think this saphire mountain in the middle,in the book of enoch,is the angle with gods name in him ,pretending to be god in ex 24, for they said they all saw god,yet jesus said ,none have seen the father,this angle was standing on saphire,hmmm.this mountain also is as enoch said the path of the angles.for he saw the path of the angles.

julieannz
    Participant

Well from what I have been reading and studying lately a group of people got together hashed around what books would be accepted and which ones wouldn't and there is our Bible. I have not read anywhere that God told this men which books to choose or even to choose just certian ones. Also I have been reading alot of different poeples opionions and supposedly proof that the Bible has been altered (so perverted) many times throughout history. Specialy the NT. Constantian in the 4th century is renowned for having scripture changed to fit his beliefs. I am having a real problem with the NT right now.I have found many contradictions by paul in his writings. I am still praying and searching out the truth on this matter.:)

Viewing 4 posts - 21 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account