Enoch, Methuselah, Lamech and Noah

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 135 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hey Tow,
    We do not judge God or His son.
    You are brave.

Towshab
    Participant

I do not judge G-d or Israel. You must be speaking of someone else.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi tow,
    What of yourself.
    You are not of Israel or the people of God.

Towshab
    Participant

I am not of Israel, but I am of man, and of Noah. Israel may be G-d's chosen but I do not require to be among the chosen. He does not abandon every one else, He has just chosen a certain people to represent Him. He is still the G-d of all flesh (Num 16:22, Num 27:16, Jer 32:27). Sorry if YOU cannot accept what is written at this point.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tow,
    So how do you qualify for God's approval and choice?
    Unless you god is a father christmas god.

Towshab
    Participant

Sorry, but it is your god who has his name in CHRISTmas. There is not YHVH in CHRISTmas.

Do YOU qualify for G-d's approval? If so, please tell me how we can know you are approved with certainty. I do not claim such but your question is framed in a manner which hints that you think YOU are. So please, do tell us how YOU are approved by G-d.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tow,
    I have no righteousness of my own but am one with the Son of God who is at the right hand of God.

Towshab
    Participant

Only according to the fictitious GT. There is no such 'son' at the right hand of YHVH in Tanakh. Again, you might do well to check pagan mystery cults for the father of Jesus because YHVH ain't his father.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tow,
    You have no faith in the NT but we do.
    Our lives are based on it.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tow,
    You admit then that you are a sinner. The Jewish teachings are replete with the problem of dying in their sin [eg num 18.22,,27.3]and their means given to deal with their sin problem but you are outside of all these matters. So as a sinner how do you understand that a sinless God wants anything to do with you?

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 21 2007,22:32)
    Hi Tow,
    You have no faith in the NT but we do.
    Our lives are based on it.

Your life is based on fiction? How sad.

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 21 2007,22:50)
    Hi Tow,
    You admit then that you are a sinner. The Jewish teachings are replete with the problem of dying in their sin [eg num 18.22,,27.3]and their means given to deal with their sin problem but you are outside of all these matters. So as a sinner how do you understand that a sinless God wants anything to do with you?

You have a very Christian bias. If G-d had wanted us to be perfect and sinless, He would not have given us free will. Rather, He desires our praise and worship out of free will, not forced obedience. You have a false sense of security that your weaknesses will be covered by the blood of Jesus so most Christians run around doing what they will because they think that Jesus will intervene for them. And that is what most are taught.

G-d knows who we are, He knows we have free will. Yes, we all fail Him many times in life, but all He desires is that we continually turn from our selfish ways and come to Him. You do not need a dead man to do that. Here, written long before Jesus ever hit the scene:

Eze 18:27 Again, when a wicked person turns away from the wickedness he has committed and does what is just and right, he shall save his life

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tow,
    So you are relying on saving yourself?
    You can avert the wrath of God yourself?
    God welcomed his prodigal son but only when

he had repented.

God offered you the washing of forgiveness through your prophet John and Jesus
    But you would refuse that forgiveness and still expect to be welcomed back as a son?

You must be born again of water and the Spirit.

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 22 2007,11:16)
    Hi Tow,
    So you are relying on saving yourself?
    You can avert the wrath of God yourself?[/quote]

Sorry, I didn't write the verse, take it up with the author. G-d is the only savior.

God welcomed his prodigal son but only when

he had repented.

Although this is a parable from the GT, how does this differ from the same concepts of repentance found in Torah?

God offered you the washing of forgiveness through your prophet John and Jesus
    But you would refuse that forgiveness and still expect to be welcomed back as a son?

You must be born again of water and the Spirit.

Sorry, GT words don't hold power over me. Again, John is not my prophet but yours.

Towshab
    Participant

I keep forgetting to preview my posts when I split the quotes up. This board is weird. :(

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tow,
    Neither do you accept that the OT is true.
    But yet you take bits out here and there that suit you.
    How is it possible to rely on something you have said you do not believe in?

Towshab
    Participant

I have already explained this to you many times yet you seem to have a mental block or learning disability that prevents you from comprehending. Beyond that, you are right, the OT is the biased Christian translation of Tanakh, so I do not accept it.

And all Christians take bits and pieces. While you think your GT and OT are 100% true, many of your conclusions about it are different than say WJ who also holds to 100% infallibility. Thus, how is what I do any different from every other persons way of just interpeting passages as they wish?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tow,
    If you do notaccept one part of the truth of scripture you make it all doubtful.
    So please do not quote what you do not believe in.

Towshab
    Participant

OR I do not quote from something if I have a different interpretation than you. That is the way of the 1000+ Christian denominations, isn't it?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tow,
    So shall we start by agreeing the OT is sacred and the Word of God?

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 135 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account