Emmanuel

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 281 through 300 (of 368 total)
  • Author
    ftk
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Sep. 11 2011,17:53)

Quote (ftk @ Sep. 10 2011,07:51)
    Pierre: I've just been trying to show you a better way. I believed the things you say now for many years. When a person believes his perfection comes by his performance he never can achieve perfection. Like a carrot dangling in front of a horse. One keeps pressing forward trying everything he knows to do as good as he can do but never accomplishes perfection and purification. The peace that passes all understanding is when one finds out that the work is over.                                                                                      

The new way is the “Sabbath” rest in God. This is the day of rest from works for perfection. This is the day of the lord Jesus. Jesus came and did all the necessary work and took away our sin(wrong thinking) with the truth of God the Father. Jesus cleansed us with his words, we have been washed by the eternal word of God and made whole and clean. Nothing we could do could accomplish what Jesus did for us. It is a gift of love accepted by faith “only” in his truth.

When this is fully understood and taken by faith, then come the true peace, love and joy of the lord. It creates gratitude and thanksgiving for such a wonderful gift of God. Some will never come to the truth by faith alone. They will be judged by their works and fail! IMO, TK

Hi Tim,

Sin is wrong doing; why are you attempting to dismiss this fact?
    Gen.4:7 If thou doest well, shalt thou not be accepted?
    and if thou doest not well, sin lieth at the door.

Your friend
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Ed: 1)Tell me, if the way of the old testament were working perfectly what was the need for Jesus to come?

2) Please give me a partial list of works and deeds that are sins!

3) If a man has a starving family and he finds a fruit tree on another mans property loaded with fruit but the man is gone away. It would be stealing for the man to take another mans fruit without permission, even to feed his starving family?
    Will he be sentenced to Hell for eternity for his act/deed of stealing?

4) Is the great judgment day that you perceive just a listing of bad things one has done or is it more of a courtroom type balancing of all the good works vs all the bad works and whatever is leftover one is condemned. If he did more good works than bad is he then considered righteous and perfect unto God?

5) What is the need on judgment day to go any further than finding one sin/work and then stop. One sin and your god sends you to Hell with torture forever. Is this how you see judgment.

Its no wonder guys like Stuart hate the ridiculous god of religion that man has created.

6) My guess is that you will not answer my questions directly! TK

ftk
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Sep. 11 2011,07:07)
    tk

The new way is the “Sabbath” rest in God. This is the day of rest from works for perfection. This is the day of the lord Jesus. Jesus came and did all the necessary work and took away our sin(wrong thinking) with the truth of God the Father. Jesus cleansed us with his words, we have been washed by the eternal word of God and made whole and clean. Nothing we could do could accomplish what Jesus did for us. It is a gift of love accepted by faith “only” in his truth.

MT 7:16 “You will know them by their fruits. Grapes are not gathered from thorn bushes nor figs from thistles, are they?
    MT 7:20 “So then, you will know them by their fruits

JAS 3:17 But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, reasonable, full of mercy and good fruits, unwavering, without hypocrisy.
    REV 14:4 These are the ones who have not been defiled with women, for they have kept themselves chaste. These are the ones who follow the Lamb wherever He goes. These have been purchased from among men as first fruits to God and to the Lamb.

Heb 5:13 Anyone who lives on milk, being still an infant, is not acquainted with the teaching about righteousness.
    Heb 5:14 But solid food is for the mature, who by constant use have trained themselves to distinguish good from evil.
    Heb 6:1 Therefore let us leave the elementary teachings about Christ and go on to maturity, not laying again the foundation of repentance from acts that lead to death, and of faith in God,
    Heb 6:2 instruction about baptisms, the laying on of hands, the resurrection of the dead, and eternal judgment.
    Heb 6:3 And God permitting, we will do so.
    Heb 6:4 It is impossible for those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, who have shared in the Holy Spirit,
    Heb 6:5 who have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the coming age,
    Heb 6:6 if they fall away, to be brought back to repentance, because to their loss they are crucifying the Son of God all over again and subjecting him to public disgrace.
    Heb 6:7 Land that drinks in the rain often falling on it and that produces a crop useful to those for whom it is farmed receives the blessing of God.
    Heb 6:8 But land that produces thorns and thistles is worthless and is in danger of being cursed. In the end it will be burned.
    Heb 6:9 Even though we speak like this, dear friends, we are confident of better things in your case—things that accompany salvation.
    Heb 6:10 God is not unjust; he will not forget your work and the love you have shown him as you have helped his people and continue to help them.
    Heb 6:11 We want each of you to show this same diligence to the very end, in order to make your hope sure.
    Heb 6:12 We do not want you to become lazy, but to imitate those who through faith and patience inherit what has been promised

I believe that you understand what Paul is saying

Pierre

Pierre:

MT 7:16 “You will know them by their fruits. Grapes are not gathered from thorn bushes nor figs from thistles, are they?
    MT 7:20 “So then, you will know them by their fruits.

The fruit of the spirit is peace, love, joy, longsuffering, meekness, kindness and gentleness. These proceed from the mouth of one that has the spirit of God working within. These are not deeds, works or physical efforts.

Here is where we can agree I hope. All salvation, purification, worthiness, cleanliness, sinless, and total perfection are from God and if we accept and believe his words, they are in our minds/hearts. From the God given love and purification in our hearts we share what has been done for us with others, by kind loving words along with loving deeds and works kindness. That is the truth.

Yet works and deeds of kindness will not ever purify your soul.

If you come to God by faith/believing his words through Jesus of perfection and receive only by faith, not by works lest any man boast, then it would stand to reason that if works don't justify then works do not condemn!

…Heb 6:12 We do not want you to become lazy, but to imitate those who through faith and patience inherit what has been promised

The inheritance is through faith and patience. IMO, TK

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (ftk @ Sep. 11 2011,21:11)

Pierre: I've just been trying to show you a better way. I believed the things you say now for many years. When a person believes his perfection comes by his performance he never can achieve perfection. Like a carrot dangling in front of a horse. One keeps pressing forward trying everything he knows to do as good as he can do but never accomplishes perfection and purification. The peace that passes all understanding is when one finds out that the work is over.                                                                                      

When this is fully understood and taken by faith, then come the true peace, love and joy of the lord. It creates gratitude and thanksgiving for such a wonderful gift of God. Some will never come to the truth by faith alone. They will be judged by their works and fail! IMO, TK

Hi Tim,

Your friend

Ed: 1)Tell me, if the way of the old testament were working perfectly what was the need for Jesus to come?

3) If a man has a starving family and he finds a fruit tree on another mans property loaded with fruit but the man is gone away. It would be stealing for the man to take another mans fruit without permission, even to feed his starving family?

4) Is the great judgment day that you perceive just a listing of bad things one has done or is it more of a courtroom type balancing of all the good works vs all the bad works and whatever is leftover one is condemned. If he did more good works than bad is he then considered righteous and perfect unto God?

5) What is the need on judgment day to go any further than finding one sin/work and then stop. One sin and your god sends you to Hell with torture forever. Is this how you see judgment.

Its no wonder guys like Stuart hate the ridiculous god of religion  that man has created.

Hi Tim,

Thanks for asking these questions!

1) Jesus died to put God’s laws into our hearts. (Jer.13:31-34 / Hebrews 8:8-12)

2) Doing any of the following: Thou shall do no murder (Commandment #6),
    Thou shall not commit adultery (Commandment #7), Thou shall not steal (Commandment #8),
    Thou shalt not bear false witness (Commandment #9), Honor thy father and thy mother (Commandment #5). (Matt 19:18-19)

3) Sentenced to hell for eternity is a ‘RELIGIOUS FALSE DOCTRINE’. (Eph.4:4)
    Israelites were commanded to leave the corners of their fields for the poor to feed off of.  (Lev.19:9-10)
    Jesus himself also took advantage of this commandment; perhaps you should read the Old Testament a bit more, Aye? (Luke 6:1)

4) Huh?

5) What?

6) Wrong!

Keep asking questions, that’s how you learn.

Your brother
    in Christ, Jesus.

Pastry
    Participant

Tim!  On another tread I said something about the New Covenant and the Great Commandments in Luke 22 and Math. 22, reading your last posts confuses me of what you really believe.  John tells us if we think we don't sin, the truth is not in us….And Ephesian 2 tells us we are under grace by Faith in Christ Jesus….now some will say we are just under grace and have no sin…. is that what you think???  Jesus is cleaning our minds of all unrighteousness, but that does not happen over night…. little by little we get rid of sin, we don't sin intentionally no longer,,, We are under Jesus blood and made whole in that sense…Jesus is our Mediator to go to the Throne of God and ask for the forgiveness of those sins….. If we believe that we are not sinning at all we deceive ourselves, John tells us…. Jesus on the Sermon on the Mount magnified the Law and made it Holy….. Now if we lust after a woman we already have committed murder in our hearts…. All of this we have to keep in consideration…. Yes, sin has not been imputed to us, but we still sin….. Peace Irene

carmel
    Participant

Quote (ftk @ Sep. 11 2011,21:11)

Hi Tim,

Your friend

Its no wonder guys like Stuart hate the ridiculous god of religion  that man has created.

ftk,

Tell me, if the way of the old testament were working perfectly what was the need for Jesus to come?

Permit me  to clarify something!!

The right question should have been if Adam had never sinned!

The old testament could never,and I repeat,could never worked perfectly,for the simple reason that Adam was dead spiritually,and he never was in a position to do any progress for holiness on his own.He was destined to eternal punishment.

God confirms this Himself in Genesis 3:17

cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;

How could Adam make any progress to holiness when the entire world was CURSED!!!

How could Adam make any progress when God made it clear that in sorrow shall he  eat of it all the days of his life;

So all the days of Adam's life is a reference to all the generations through Adam,till the second Adam(Jesus) comes.

In 18, God said: Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee.

How could Adam make any progress to holiness,when God Himself made it clear that only evil is possible through his generations because SATAN'S SPIRIT OWNED HIM. This was established as soon as Cain Killed Abel, and since then never stopped with the consequences that the great flood came to eradicate Adam's generations who were all evil.

In 19 God said:In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till you die as dust you are and dust you become.

God again made it clear,and this is very important to be aware of,that he called Adam DUST YOU ARE  not you were, even when he was still alive, for the simple reason that he was spiritually dead and became flesh,which is matter like the world.

The reason that Eve was called the mother of all the living,symbolically, alive only in the flesh,but also an indication that all those who are really alive (the generations of heaven) would come through Eve

Adam is not considered the father of all the living but the father of all the dead since he was a living soul, sinned, and died.

This is important to consider,due to the fact that the road to Holiness was only possible through Eve since Adam was spiritually dead.

God from that instant told Satan these exact words:

Genesis 3:15 And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed;

So God aware of Satan's intentions of possessing Adam(the soul locked in the flesh body) in order to control the generations through Adam and preventing Him from having His generations for His Son , took hold of Eve and prevented Satan from using her for his genertions,and instead God generated his people through her.

It was her seed (Jesus in her flesh of Mary)which destroyed Satan on the cross.

How could Adam then make any progress to holiness when it was not mentioned by God Himself,and the only statements were directed all for total loss even after death as proclaimed by God Himself when He made it clear that Adam will finish like FILTHY DUST.

There was nothing absolute nothing humans could do on their own to become Holy,because heaven was barred for ever and only the Messaiah could redeem humanity through His death.

17And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;

18Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field;

19In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.

Peace and Love in Jesus Christ

ftk
    Participant

Ed:….Hi Tim,

1) Jesus died to put God’s laws into our hearts. (Jer.13:31-34 / Hebrews 8:8-12)

Thou shall not commit adultery (Commandment #7), Thou shall not steal (Commandment #8),
    Thou shalt not bear false witness (Commandment #9), Honor thy father and thy mother (Commandment #5). (Matt 19:18-19)

Israelites were commanded to leave the corners of their fields for the poor to feed off of. (Lev.19:9-10)
    Jesus himself also took advantage of this commandment; perhaps you should read the Old Testament a bit more, Aye? (Luke 6:1)

4) Huh?

5) What?

6) Wrong!

Well I will keep asking but I sure do wish you would answer them all. Gosh, gee, how will I learn if you don't?

1) Are you saying that God could not put laws in our hearts/minds in the old cove.?

Also thanks for that great scripture in Heb.8:12 & 13….their sins and iniquities I will remember no more…..that's great, totally sin free!!

2)Where does it say that these things are sin? Where and what is the punishment for breaking these laws if there is one?

3) Then what is the sentence for sin?

4) I knew you wouldn't answer. One who loves darkness runs from the light!

5) How am I going to learn if you run and hide?

6) Did you answer #4 and #5?

7) In your opinion at the great white throne Judgment of God will we be judged for each sin or will good deeds help offset the sins?

8) So, if we don't have a field to give a corner of for our sin, and we don't go to Hell what do you say happens to a one time sinner?

I just know you will answer these easy questions for the betterment of my learning. Thanks, TK

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (ftk @ Sep. 12 2011,04:37)

tk

JAS 3:17 But the wisdom from above is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, reasonable, full of mercy and good fruits, unwavering, without hypocrisy.
    REV 14:4 These are the ones who have not been defiled with women, for they have kept themselves chaste. These are the ones who follow the Lamb wherever He goes. These have been purchased from among men as first fruits to God and to the Lamb.

Heb 5:13 Anyone who lives on milk, being still an infant, is not acquainted with the teaching about righteousness.
    Heb 5:14 But solid food is for the mature, who by constant use have trained themselves to distinguish good from evil.
    Heb 6:1 Therefore let us leave the elementary teachings about Christ and go on to maturity, not laying again the foundation of repentance from acts that lead to death, and of faith in God,
    Heb 6:2 instruction about baptisms, the laying on of hands, the resurrection of the dead, and eternal judgment.
    Heb 6:4 It is impossible for those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, who have shared in the Holy Spirit,
    Heb 6:5 who have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the coming age,
    Heb 6:6 if they fall away, to be brought back to repentance, because to their loss they are crucifying the Son of God all over again and subjecting him to public disgrace.
    Heb 6:7 Land that drinks in the rain often falling on it and that produces a crop useful to those for whom it is farmed receives the blessing of God.
    Heb 6:8 But land that produces thorns and thistles is worthless and is in danger of being cursed. In the end it will be burned.
    Heb 6:9 Even though we speak like this, dear friends, we are confident of better things in your case—things that accompany salvation.
    Heb 6:10 God is not unjust; he will not forget your work and the love you have shown him as you have helped his people and continue to help them.
    Heb 6:11 We want each of you to show this same diligence to the very end, in order to make your hope sure.
    Heb 6:12 We do not want you to become lazy, but to imitate those who through faith and patience inherit what has been promised

Pierre

Pierre:

The fruit of the spirit is peace, love, joy, longsuffering, meekness, kindness and gentleness. These proceed from the mouth of one that has the spirit of God working within. These are not deeds, works or physical efforts.

Here is where we can agree I hope. All salvation, purification, worthiness, cleanliness, sinless, and total perfection are from God and if we accept and believe his words, they are in our minds/hearts. From the God given love and purification in our hearts we share what has been done for us with others, by kind loving words along with loving deeds and works kindness. That is the truth.

If you come to God by faith/believing his words through Jesus of perfection and receive only by faith, not by works lest any man boast, then it would stand to reason that if works don't justify then works do not condemn!

…Heb 6:12 We do not want you to become lazy, but to imitate those who through faith and patience inherit what has been promised

tk

If you come to God by faith/believing his words through Jesus of perfection and receive only by faith,

JN 5:29 and will come forth; those who did the good deeds to a resurrection of life, those who committed the evil deeds to a resurrection of judgment.
    TIT 2:7 in all things show yourself to be an example of good deeds, with purity in doctrine, dignified,
    TIT 2:14 who gave Himself for us to redeem us from every lawless deed, and to purify for Himself a people for His own possession, zealous for good deeds.
    TIT 3:8 This is a trustworthy statement; and concerning these things I want you to speak confidently, so that those who have believed God will be careful to engage in good deeds. These things are good and profitable for men.
    TIT 3:14 Our people must also learn to engage in good deeds to meet pressing needs, so that they will not be unfruitful.
    HEB 10:24 and let us consider how to stimulate one another to love and good deeds,
    1PE 2:12 Keep your behavior excellent among the Gentiles, so that in the thing in which they slander you as evildoers, they may because of your good deeds, as they observe them, glorify God in the day of visitation.

Jas 2:14 What good is it, my brothers, if a man claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save him?
    Jas 2:15 Suppose a brother or sister is without clothes and daily food.
    Jas 2:16 If one of you says to him, “Go, I wish you well; keep warm and well fed,” but does nothing about his physical needs, what good is it?
    Jas 2:17 In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.

Jas 2:18 But someone will say, “You have faith; I have deeds.”
    Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by what I do.
    Jas 2:19 You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder.

it seems scriptures do not agree with your views,MT 10:42 “And whoever in the name of a disciple gives to one of these little ones even a cup of cold water to drink, truly I say to you, he shall not lose his reward.”;;;;MT 25:40 “ The King will answer and say to them, ‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me.’
    MT 25:45 “Then He will ans
    wer them, ‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.’

if you have a soul that is living in the truth your deeds are made possible because your soul is in the flesh ,this allows us to do those deeds and so reflect the kind of deeds Christ as shown to others ,because believing only, means sitting on a chair and doing nothing only crying out “i have faith” what is that doing ?got it ? the word Love =action

Pierre

carmel
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Sep. 12 2011,07:11)

Quote (ftk @ Sep. 12 2011,04:37)

tk

Pierre

Pierre:

tk

If you come to God by faith/believing his words through Jesus of perfection and receive only by faith,

JN 5:29 and will come forth; those who did the good deeds to a resurrection of life, those who committed the evil deeds to a resurrection of judgment.
    TIT 2:7 in all things show yourself to be an example of good deeds, with purity in doctrine, dignified,
    TIT 2:14 who gave Himself for us to redeem us from every lawless deed, and to purify for Himself a people for His own possession, zealous for good deeds.
    TIT 3:8 This is a trustworthy statement; and concerning these things I want you to speak confidently, so that those who have believed God will be careful to engage in good deeds. These things are good and profitable for men.
    TIT 3:14 Our people must also learn to engage in good deeds to meet pressing needs, so that they will not be unfruitful.
    HEB 10:24 and let us consider how to stimulate one another to love and good deeds,
    1PE 2:12 Keep your behavior excellent among the Gentiles, so that in the thing in which they slander you as evildoers, they may because of your good deeds, as they observe them, glorify God in the day of visitation.

Jas 2:14 What good is it, my brothers, if a man claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save him?
    Jas 2:15 Suppose a brother or sister is without clothes and daily food.
    Jas 2:16 If one of you says to him, “Go, I wish you well; keep warm and well fed,” but does nothing about his physical needs, what good is it?
    Jas 2:17 In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.

Jas 2:18 But someone will say, “You have faith; I have deeds.”
    Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by what I do.
    Jas 2:19 You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder.

it seems scriptures do not agree with your views,MT 10:42 “And whoever in the name of a disciple gives to one of these little ones even a cup of cold water to drink, truly I say to you, he shall not lose his reward.”;;;;MT 25:40 “ The K
    ing will answer and say to them, ‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did it to one of these brothers of Mine, even the least of them, you did it to Me.’
    MT 25:45 “Then He will answer them, ‘Truly I say to you, to the extent that you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.’

if you have a soul that is living in the truth your deeds are made possible because your soul is in the flesh ,this allows us to do those deeds and so reflect the kind of deeds Christ as shown to others ,because believing only, means sitting on a chair and doing nothing only crying out “i have faith” what is that doing ?got it ? the word Love =action

Pierre

Pierre,

As you say even in revelation say so:

Rev:20:13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

Love in Jesus Christ

Charles

carmel
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Sep. 10 2011,09:06)

Quote (carmel @ Sep. 09 2011,10:52)
    Jesus was first as God man on Earth, believe it or not.

Not.

Quote (carmel @ Sep. 09 2011,10:52)
    Jesus as He is now is God the Son glorified ,but within Him abide the Father, therfore the Father is also glorified in the Son.

No, Jesus is still the Son OF God.  He is not “INSIDE OF” who he himself called “the ONLY true God”, but rather sits at the right hand OF that One.

Jesus said that our God was also his God, Charles.  Doesn't that put a little damper on your “God came in the flesh” theory?  Because if Jesus was God on earth, then who was HIS God that he said was also OUR God?  ???  Surely God Almighty doesn't have a God of his own, right?

Mike,

No, Jesus is still the Son OF God

Jesus  is the focal point of both testaments.

We as corrupted humans could never understand the divinity and the term of a Son within God perception. The term Son has nothing to do, with our term son.  God is without a gender, therefore the term son is applied  purposely first because he came as man, and second due to the Jewish belief of only one mighty God.

There was no way for Jesus to proclaim Himself as God and also remain alive. He never wanted to make it obvious who He was. He himself prevented the demons from calling Him the Holy One of God, for the simple reason that they would never have crucified Him, the reason that He came as a human.

Corinthians 1:8 Which none of the princes of this world knew: for had they known it, they would not have crucified the Lord of glory

Therefore, the only title suitable and acceptable among the Jewish people in relation to His divinity, and also to accomplish all His work, and fulfills all prophecies, was only as Son of God.

So Jesus came as Son of God but His statements, and His work were all attributes of God.

The gospel of John was purposely written to expose Jesus as God in flesh, and also as a spiritual gospel, and he did this right from the very first sentence.

John 1:1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the WORD WAS GOD.

Also only in John we read that Jesus is called both Lord and God in His face.

John 20:28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My Lord and my God.

And what was Jesus' answer for that, did He correct Thomas ? No . let's read Jesus answer:

John 20:29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.  

Although Thomas called Him both LORD and GOD as a reference to both the old, and new testament, He told Him

“Because you have seen me, you have believed that I am both Lord and God, blessed are those that have not seen, and yet have believed.

So if you want to be blessed believe that Jesus is both  LORD AND GOD.  

When you reflect John 1:1:5 it is paralleled with Genesis 1:1:5,this is done to indicate that the God in GNESIS is the one who became flesh in Jesus Christ.

Jesus in John, repeatedly angers the Jewish leaders by correcting them (2:13-16); healing on the Sabbath, and claiming characteristics belonging to God (5:18; 8:56-59; 9:6,16; 10:33).

John's teachings concerning the deity of Christ (1:1-3,14; 5:22-23; 8:58; 14:8-9; 20:28, etc.) are very helpful in countering the false teachings of some of the cults who see Jesus as being less than fully God.

The biggest shock for the Jews was when Jesus stated :

The truth is, before Abraham was, I AM.” (John 8:58 NLT)

This odd one out, this  carpenter with no degree in religion claimed to eternal existence.

He had used the I AM title (ego eimi)  at least 8 times, it was the sacred Name of God and He used it for Himself! These religious experts lived and breathed the Old Testament Scriptures declaring there’s only one Almighty God.

They were the name of God, which must not be spoken by any human being in his right senses, unless he is God Himself, the name which it was death by stoning to utter.

Read:  

NIV Isaiah 9:6

6 For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders.

And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

Who is this child ???

Daniel 7:13:14

In my vision at night I looked, and there before me was one like a son of man, coming with the clouds of heaven. He approached the Ancient of Days and was led into his presence. 14He was given authority, glory and sovereign power; all peoples, nations and men of every language worshiped him. His dominion is an everlasting dominion that will not pass away, and his kingdom is one that will never be destroyed.  

Who is this SON OF MAN BEING WORSHIPPED, since only God is to be worshipped.???

Isn’t it what Jesus himself stated in Luke 21:27

Also, Jesus taught that he is God in the way the Jews understood God and the way the Hebrew Scriptures portrayed God, not in the way the New Age movement understands God.

Read:

John 10: 31 Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him. 32Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me? 33The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

Got it Mike the Pharisee confirmed that Jesus proclaimed Himself as God!!!

Do you thing that the Pharisee were stupid for getting the impression that Jesus is claiming the deity of God???

No, Jesus is still the Son OF God.  He is not “INSIDE OF” who he himself called “the ONLY true God”, but rather sits at the right hand OF that One.

John 17:3 Now this is eternal life: THAT THEY MAY KNOW THEE, THE ONLY TRUE GOD, AND JESUS CHRIST, whom thou hast sent  

Explain this: THAT THEY MAY KNOW YOU, THE ONLY TRUE GOD, AND JESUS CHRIST,

He is referring to God the Father in “THAT THEY MAY KNOW YOU”, NOT US and then He carries on by stating that God the Father, is both  “THE ONLY TRUE GOD, AND JESUS CHRIST”,

John 17:8 For I have given unto them the words which thou gavest me; and they have received them, and have known surely that I CAME OUT FROM THEE, and they have believed that th
    ou didst send me.

What I CAME OUT FROM YOU MEANS???

This is my last post on this thread Mike, we both made ourselves clear about the deity of Jesus Christ. Thanks

I look forward to your new post.

Peace and love in Jesus Christ

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (carmel @ Sep. 11 2011,15:45)
    I look forward to your new post.

I'm awaiting your first reply, Charles. Please try to keep your posts short and to the point.  Here is the new thread.

ftk
    Participant

Charles: You quoted:….Rev:20:13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

Those in Christ are not dead! We are alive in the spirit. The dead are those apart from God, lost in sin, working their way to God. They will be judged by their works……Those in Christ Jesus, who have accepted the words of Jesus for cleansing from sin are clean apart from any form of works or deeds. They are cleansed by God through Jesus or judged by the word of God. In the last day (that one has sin) the word judges each person. John 15:3….ye are clean through the words of Jesus…!

It seems to me to be very important not to put works and deeds before ones salvation. I am aware that one who has the love and purity of Christ within will be compelled to share that love with all but the love must come first. The works will not create salvation. The salvation of Jesus will create works.

No amount of works and deeds no matter how good will purify your soul. God sent his words, Jesus to tell us the truth as sons of God. His words judge us as we accept or reject them. Those who accept are cleansed and made perfect, those who reject the faith and attempt to work out their perfection are left dead in their sin.

Would you agree? These are my thoughts and opinions for now. TK

ftk
    Participant

Pierre: I feel like we have gotten off track a bit. I want to reiterate to you what I am actually trying to say.

Works and deeds of kindness to others is a natural by-product of love in the heart of man. If a man has sin in his heart which is self condemnation that he is not good enough, or has fallen short of his goals or God, he will tend to release outside what he is on the inside.

I think we agree that no matter how many good deeds one does or no matter how many good deeds are done we cannot purify our souls through good works. The only true God salvation is the words given by Jesus that make us pure in heart with love and peace. If then one with love and peace within, as a free gift from God, that love will create love deeds and works to others. But the cleansing is first.

Also one can do good loving works and not follow Jesus or God at all. But to be purified and saved to the uttermost he must be in agreement with God through Jesus. Works and deeds are secondary to salvation.

Can we agree today? TK

ftk
    Participant

Quote (Pastry @ Sep. 11 2011,23:52)
    Tim!  On another tread I said something about the New Covenant and the Great Commandments in Luke 22 and Math. 22, reading your last posts confuses me of what you really believe.  John tells us if we think we don't sin, the truth is not in us….And Ephesian 2 tells us we are under grace by Faith in Christ Jesus….now some will say we are just under grace and have no sin…. is that what you think???  Jesus is cleaning our minds of all unrighteousness, but that does not happen over night…. little by little we get rid of sin, we don't sin intentionally no longer,,, We are under Jesus blood and made whole in that sense…Jesus is our Mediator to go to the Throne of God and ask for the forgiveness of those sins….. If we believe that we are not sinning at all we deceive ourselves, John tells us…. Jesus on the Sermon on the Mount magnified the Law and made it Holy….. Now if we lust after a woman we already have committed murder in our hearts…. All of this we have to keep in consideration…. Yes, sin has not been imputed to us, but we still sin….. Peace Irene

Irene: God bless you this day!

1John1:8 tells us,…if we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us…..

but the very next verse says….V9 If we confess our sin, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sin and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness….

Don't you honestly feel like the second scripture nullifies the the first one? Doesn't v9 say that if we acknowledge our sin or wrong thinking he will forgive us and cleanse us to where there is no sin anymore?

Grace:the awareness of God in us:divinity's influence on the heart.

Gods grace was poured out through Jesus. We are under the influence of God. By the words of Jesus that tell us the truth we are able to picture God within and hold that spirit truth deep in our hearts which creates the love we have come to know.

I actually believe that the word of cleansing is instant but removing all the lies and deceptions from the mind that say we are yet unclean or unworthy may take some extra washing with the word of God.

You are correct that as I stated above it seems that little by little we get rid of sin but I don't think that is so. The sinless perfection from God through Jesus is instantaneous when we accept. Otherwise we would be working out our salvation. That cannot be. The awareness of the mind of what has actually transpired may take some time to fully comprehend.

It doesn't have to. Great faith is now, instant, in the twinkling of an eye, as fast as lightning. Right now. I didn't earn it, I couldn't earn it, I couldn't do it myself but through Jesus the Christ it is done. His words say to whosoever will believe, you are cleansed, ordained, healed, whole, saved, worthy, holy, and perfect unto God. That's what I believe. If we were together we would rejoice in that truth.

If you still sin(or believe you are in sin) after receiving the truth(of what Jesus did for you) you have no more sacrifice to offer. Why believe in sin? We must stand against evil spirit/doctrines that say we are in sin or sin every day.
    God will not dwell in sin. You must cleanse your temple inside by faith in the work of Jesus or God cannot dwell within you.

My beliefs and opinions this day. Bless you, TK

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (ftk @ Sep. 12 2011,01:04)
    Ed:….Hi Tim,

Israelites were commanded to leave the corners of their fields for the poor to feed off of.  (Lev.19:9-10)

4) Huh?

5) What?

6) Wrong!

Well I will keep asking but I sure do wish you would answer them all. Gosh, gee, how will I learn if you don't?

1) Are you saying that God could not put laws in our hearts/minds in the old cove.?

(A)Also thanks for that great scripture in Heb.8:12 & 13….their sins and iniquities I will remember no more…..that's great, totally sin free!!

2)Where does it say that these things are sin? (A)Where and what is the punishment for breaking these laws if there is one?

3) Then what is the sentence for sin?

4) I knew you wouldn't answer. One who loves darkness runs from the light!

5) How am I going to learn if you run and hide?

6) Did you answer #4 and #5?

7) In your opinion at the great white throne Judgment of God will we be judged for each sin or will good deeds help offset the sins?

8) So, if we don't have a field to give a corner of for our sin, (A)and we don't go to Hell what do you say happens to a one time sinner?

9) I just know you will answer these easy questions for the betterment of my learning. Thanks, TK

Hi Tim,

Please answer this post in the thread I created for you. (Link)

1) For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second. (Heb.8:7)
      A) Yes, praise YHVH!!!

2) Read 1John 3:4
      A) Read Matthew 5:19

3) Read Romans 6:23

4) I said I didn't understand; why don't you re-ask the question, instead of being puffed-up in vain. (Read Philippians 2:3)

5) I have not ran nor hid, I said I didn't understand; re-ask the question instead of being vain, OK, Tim? :)

6) As I said: “I didn't understand your question” so please re-ask it (using different words), so I can answer it for you; OK, Tim?

7) Read 1Peter 4:8

8) The corner of the field is for the poor.
      A) Read Rom.3:23 and Luke 13:3.

9) What are you saying here?   …is this meant to be sarcasm?

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (ftk @ Sep. 12 2011,21:01)
    The salvation of Jesus will create works.

Hi Tim,

Glad to here you are beginning to see that works are involved here, rather than just thoughts! :)

The salvation of Jesus will create works of righteousness. (Rom.14:17)

And the works of sin will create death. (Rom.6:23)

Your brother
    in Christ, Jesus.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (ftk @ Sep. 13 2011,04:14)
    Pierre:  I feel like we have gotten off track a bit. I want to reiterate to you what I am actually trying to say.

Works and deeds of kindness to others is a natural by-product of love in the heart of man.  If a man has sin in his heart which is self condemnation that he is not good enough, or has fallen short of his goals or God, he will tend to release outside what he is on the inside.

I think we agree that no matter how many good deeds one does or no matter how many good deeds are done we cannot purify our souls through good works.  The only true God salvation is the words given by Jesus that make us pure in heart with love and peace. If then one with love and peace within, as a free gift from God, that love will create love deeds and works to others. But the cleansing is first.

Also one can do good loving works and not follow Jesus or God at all. But to be purified and saved to the uttermost he must be in agreement with God through Jesus. Works and deeds are secondary to salvation.

Can we agree today?  TK

tk

look what James says ;I can not say it better

a faith without the deeds is dead;so faith + deeds are the requirement ,I would say,
    they go together

Pierre

Pastry
    Participant

John1:8 tells us,…if we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us…..

but the very next verse says….V9 If we confess our sin, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sin and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness….

Don't you honestly feel like the second scripture nullifies the the first one? Doesn't v9 say that if we acknowledge our sin or wrong thinking he will forgive us and cleanse us to where there is no sin anymore?

Tim! If that would be the case, why do we need a Moderator for? God will forgive us our sins and we are in Gods light again….. But to say we don't sin, the truth is not in us, John tells us…. And also why would we have the Great Commandments for if we don't need them????

Irene

thehappyman
    Participant

Hi All :
    I'm in awe when I read all that is on this page. I see growth and devine intervention taking place to a higher plain of understanding. ty.
    :D

carmel
    Participant

Quote (ftk @ Sep. 12 2011,21:01)
    Charles: You quoted:….Rev:20:13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

Those in Christ are not dead! We are alive in the spirit. The dead are those apart from God, lost in sin, working their way to God.  They will be judged by their works……Those in Christ Jesus, who have accepted the words of Jesus for cleansing from sin are clean apart from any form of works or deeds. They are cleansed by God through Jesus or judged by the word of God. In the last day (that one has sin) the word judges each person.  John 15:3….ye are clean through the words of Jesus…!

It seems to me to be very important not to put works and deeds before ones salvation. I am aware that one who has the love and purity of Christ within will be compelled to share that love with all but the love must come first. The works will not create salvation. The salvation of Jesus will create works.

No amount of works and deeds no matter how good will purify your soul. God sent his words, Jesus to tell us the truth as sons of God. His words judge us as we accept or reject them. Those who accept are cleansed and made perfect, those who reject the faith and attempt to work out their perfection are left dead in their sin.

Would you agree?  These are my thoughts and opinions for now. TK

Ftk,

Those in Christ are not dead! We are alive in the spirit. The dead are those apart from God, lost in sin, working their way to God.  They will be judged by their works……Those in Christ Jesus, who have accepted the words of Jesus for cleansing from sin are clean apart from any form of works or deeds. They are cleansed by God through Jesus or judged by the word of God. In the last day (that one has sin) the word judges each person.  John 15:3….ye are clean through the words of Jesus…!

It seems to me to be very important not to put works and deeds before ones salvation. I am aware that one who has the love and purity of Christ within will be compelled to share that love with all but the love must come first. The works will not create salvation.

18 He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

19“This is the judgment, that the Light has come into the world, and men loved the darkness rather than the Light, for their deeds were evil.

20“For everyone who does evil hates the Light, and does not come to the Light for fear that his deeds will be exposed.

21“But he who practices the truth comes to the Light, so that his deeds may be manifested as having been wrought in God.”

This scriptures above says:

18 He who believes in Him is not Judged yet, so he still need to be judged according to his deeds and works.

He who doesn't believe in Him is already Judged.

19 for their deeds were evil. OK!!

Therefore if their deeds were good they would have been saved, first because they would have believed in HIm, and then will promote themselves for Judgement.

Those who are dead in Christ are already Judged, no matter what they do whether is good or evil, it says so in 18.

20 says:

For everyone who does evil hates the Light, and does not come to the Light for fear that his deeds will be exposed.

for fear that his deeds will be exposed. OK Tim

21 says:

“But he who practices the truth comes to the Light, so that his deeds may be manifested as having been wrought in God.”

Ok tim is it clear enough: YOU HAVE TO PACTICE

Now  let's read all Rev 20:12:15 .

12And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works.

Who is in the book of life “the dead, small and great, stand before God”
    and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, ACCORDING TO THEIR WORKS.

Now these were judged because they believed in Him otherwise they would have not been  in the book of life.

13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works.

14And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death.

15And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

Now Here it says clear not all of these dead are cast into the lake of fire,but only those who are not in the book of life, and these are judged according to their works.

Now let's read Matthew 7:26

Matthew 7:26 But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on sand.

Now matthew 25:34

Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world: 35For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in: 36Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me. 37Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink? 38When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee? 39Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee? 40And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

So if I were you ,you better practice Jesus words.

John 15:3….ye are clean through the words of Jesus…!

You stated John 15:3

Here is 15:1:5

1 I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman. 2Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit. 3Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you. 4Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me. 5I am the vine, ye are the branches: He that abideth in me, and I in him, the same bringeth forth much fruit:

what in your opinion are the fruits referring to,which who  doesn't bears, its branches will be taken away.

Did He cleaned us for the good of ourselves only, or in order to  bring forth much fruit!!!

Didn't He served onto others??

If Jesus saved us through the biggest ever act of charity, when He gave all to redeem us, shouldn't we do likewise onto others,so we will also glorify in Him.

to conclude read Matthew 8:11

11And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven.

12But the children of the kingdom shall be cast out into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gn
    ashing of teeth

So don't take it for granted that who believes will be outomatically saved.

These were the children of the kingdom Tim, without works and deeds, or without fruits.

Peace ande love in Jesus christ

Charles

ftk
    Participant

Charles: To take a scripture like…..18 He who believes in Him is not judged; he who does not believe has been judged already, because he has not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God…..

and change its entire meaning to suit your doctrine with one word…”yet”…..is an atrocity! It is written correctly, you apparently just don't understand. But don't change it to suit your doctrines!!

You said it really meant…..This scriptures above says:

18 He who believes in Him is not Judged [ “yet”, ] so he still need to be judged according to his deeds and works.

Shame on you!

It is the words of God that will judge us in the last day….My friends, this is the last day! It is the last day of being a sinful man when one comes to Christ by believing his saving grace. The word of God through Jesus has judged all. If you are judged by faith believing your salvation you are saved. If you believe you are judged by your works and deeds you will be judged that way at the final judgment.

Whosoever will come and accept and receive will be saved. I personally have accepted the work of Jesus on my behalf. The word/Jesus has cleansed me and made me whole and perfect in the eyes of God. There is no further judgment for me because I have accepted his cleansing, not of myself nor of anything I can do or not do of myself, only through faith in his saving grace can I stand in the perfection God has provided. I wish all could accept the peace that is created by knowing it is not from anything I can do. Total freedom from sin and a sin consciousness. Perfection unto God, filled with Gods love. It is the greatest gift one can receive. Many stumble on the freedom given. I do not. This is my opinion, I am at peace with God, TK

Viewing 20 posts - 281 through 300 (of 368 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account