Election

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 122 total)
  • Author
    Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ April 14 2014,00:43)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 13 2014,15:56)
    Hi WU,
    Jeremiah 31:34
    And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the Lord: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

Yes God will teach by His Spirit
    Not by man

Wakeup………That is the way God even teaches NOW. By his spirit, brethren you have no need of a teacher , for the Spirit itself teaches you all things.

and again know you not you shall all be taught by God

The ROCK that Christ Jesus will build the Church on, is the POWER of GOD to get into the mind of a person and reveal the truth. No man can do that not even Jesus only God the Father can. Jesus fully understood that , that is why he said to Peter blessed are you Simon Barjona for flesh and blood did not reveal that unto you but My Father who is in heaven has revealed it unto you.

peace and love to you and yours……………………gene

Gene B.

Did you not learn the scriptures of the apostles?
    Dont you consider them as your teachers?
    How can you learn of God without the gospels
    written by the apostles?

wakeup.

kerwin
    Participant

Nick, Wakeup, and all that are concerned,

I have a statement to make and a couple of related question.

God crated us, what part of God did God not create?

What part of us loves the darkness or loves the light?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    Flesh is of the stolen earth.
    The heart and mind were submitted to the serpent.

It is a long way back and only grace can enable us.

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

There is truth to what you wrote but it does not answer my question. Jesus spoke of those love darkness in his speech to Nicodemus and from his words there and other places it seems clear there are those that love the light. My question is these types and the creation of man.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    Man ate of the fruit of the knowledge of good and evil.
    All me have a conscience.

Some are ruled more than others by the prince of this world

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

There is perhaps truth in what you say but Jesus speaks of those that love darkness and states the will not come out into the light while he also speaks of those who hunger and thirst for righteousness and states they will be filled. We know God created them both.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    So the love of darkness separates some from the others with an unsullied conscience?

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

I would not say it that way but I would say the love of darkness prevents a person from making good a pledge of a clear conscious before God while the hunger and thirst of righteousness compels a person to make good on their pledge of a clear conscious before God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    I disagree
    It is usually the burden of sin that draws folk to that decision in water baptism.

the flesh offers NOTHING

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

Baptism in water and spirit is in the beginning of the process and not as the end. A person that goes through it is a neonatal as has yet to grow fully mature. Satan is determined to make sure they do not and if and when they do to cause them to fall just as he strove to make Jesus fall. Paul spoke against those who put too much emphasis on baptism.

I agree that prisoners in darkness are those more likely to look to rebirth; as such individuals are those from which the ones that hate darkness are to be drawn. Some, who love darkness hate being bound to certain sins but love others, may seek a limited deliverance. These things in no way disagrees with what I wrote.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    No Paul baptised. He was moved on to greater things using wisdom.
    God helps his children who want to grow up.

Jesus came to save SINNERS not the JUST-in their own eyes.

FLESH OFFERS NOTHING

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

I did not say Paul did not immerse believers in water. I stated that was not the end which is clear since it was written of those that were immersed in water and spirit that the should be saved, Acts 2:47.

God makes them mature just as he makes the body of a man mature but those who chose not to live by faith perish.

Jesus came to save each man from his sins, Matthew 1:21.

How do these things further the conversation about election?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    All is grace.
    We have the privilege to be offered a role in God's work and a reward for service

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

God gives his grace in many ways one of those ways is in creating us. My original question is did God create the part of us that either loves the light or loves the dark?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    He did not create the love of darkness
    Lusts give birth to sin in us.

1.1 John 2:16
    For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

Isn't the love of darkness the love of the things of the world?

Consider these words from Scripture and tell me what you hear.

Romans 9:10-15
    Jubilee Bible 2000 (JUB)

10 And not only this, but when Rebecca also had conceived by one, even by our father Isaac
    11 (for the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand: not of works, but of him that calls),
    12 it was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger.
    13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.
    14 ¶ What shall we say then? Is there injustice in God? No, in no wise.
    15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    Election is by grace.
    darkness is not of the light

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

How do you think that tells me of your consideration of the passage I quoted?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    What would you like to hear?

kerwin
    Participant

Nick,

The truth.

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 122 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account