ED J, which one is right?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 83 total)
  • Author
    Proclaimer
    Participant

Okay Ed J, I noticed that you have stopped engaging in this conversation, so as promised, it is now a Hot Seat topic.

Your quote is below:

No it you who doesn't understand, In John 6:70 Jesus was NOT callingJudas 'the devil'
    nor was Jesus even calling Judas 'a devil'

Edited James Version (EDJV interpretation):
    Jesus was NOT calling Judas 'the devil' nor was Jesus even calling Judas 'a devil'

Authorised King James Version (AKJV):
    Jesus answered them, Have not I chosen you twelve, and one of you is a devil?

Obviously both your interpretation and the AKJV cannot be correct.
    My question: Which is correct?

1) Your interpretation of John 6:70;
    2) The AKJV translation of this verse.

1 or 2.

Not a hard question. Swallow your pride, be brave, and answer the question please.

Proclaimer
    Participant

I should also say that a third option exists. That neither you or the AKJV are correct.
    So you can choose that option if you want.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (t8 @ Aug. 25 2013,16:18)
    Edited James Version (EDJV)

:D

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Aug. 26 2013,09:18)
    Okay Ed J, I noticed that you have stopped engaging in this conversation, so as promised, it is now a Hot Seat topic.

Your quote is below:

No it you who doesn't understand, In John 6:70 Jesus was NOT callingJudas 'the devil'
    nor was Jesus even calling Judas 'a devil'

Edited James Version (EDJV interpretation):
    Jesus was NOT calling Judas 'the devil' nor was Jesus even calling Judas 'a devil'

Authorised King James Version (AKJV):
    Jesus answered them, Have not I chosen you twelve, and one of you is a devil?

Obviously both your interpretation and the AKJV cannot be correct.
    My question: Which is correct?

1) Your interpretation of John 6:70;
    2) The AKJV translation of this verse.

1 or 2.

Not a hard question. Swallow your pride, be brave, and answer the question please.

Hi T8,

You were attempting to use the Coptic rendering of John 1:1 here to bolster your belief.
    What I did, which is equivalent to what you did: was I took John 6:70 in Greek and put it
    into Google Translations, so it is not my version, but equivalent to your usage of the Coptic.
    Google translations simply supports my view, like you are claiming the Coptic supports your view.

If you are attempting to play the limit my answers game, I don't
    see any question posed as  “Yes”“No”“I don't know” ?
    Are you now attempting to change “YOUR” rules?
                            (<– Question #1)    

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Come on, Eddy.

You are dodging the question and totally avoiding the point – ON PURPOSE.

In that one scripture about “a devil”, are YOU right? Or is the AKJV right? Which one?

(I don't want to see you get a tile, Ed. Because then you'll pout and leave again, and I don't want you to leave. Please just answer the actual question t8 has CLEARLY asked you.)

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Aug. 27 2013,11:32)
    Come on, Eddy.

You are dodging the question and totally avoiding the point – ON PURPOSE.

In that one scripture about “a devil”, are YOU right?  Or is the AKJV right?  Which one?

(I don't want to see you get a tile, Ed.  Because then you'll pout and leave again, and I don't want you to leave.  Please just answer the actual question t8 has CLEARLY asked you.)

Hi Mike,

Do you have a “Yes” / “No” question or have T8's rules changed without
    informing us of a new bogus formatting change of limiting ones answers?         (<– please answer "Yes" or "No")

There is no rule breach without a specified rule. Are we
    all loosing our ability to answer honestly on this forum?

If T8 played fair, Gene would no longer have two tiles.
    T8 said he was going to remove one – is he a liar?

Trying to play the righteous judicator game falls if one proves themself to be unrighteous. If I get thrown off this
    forum it will be because of my not backing down from telling the truth, no matter how many feathers I ruffle.
    Mike, you are always welcome to post on my forum – honest discussion is always welcome there.    :)
    I now have 23437 posts, and still neither you nor T8 know what I believe nor why?

Your brother    
    in Christ, Jesus.
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Ed J
    Participant

“These things have I spoken unto you, that ye should not be offended.
     They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you
     will think that he doeth God service. And these things will they do unto you, because they have not known the Father, nor me.” (John 16:1-3)

“Whatsoever city (or forum) ye enter, and they receive you not, go your ways out into the streets of the same, and say,
     Even the very dust of your city, which cleaveth on us, we do wipe off against you: notwithstanding be ye sure of this,
     that the kingdom of God is come nigh unto you. But I say unto you, that it shall be more tolerable in that day for Sodom, than for that city.” (Luke 10:10-1)

Proclaimer
    Participant

ED J. Stop dodging the question.

1 or 2?

BTW, I will remove the tiles from Gene.

I haven't had a complaint about him in a long time and sometimes people just need to ask. I mean, I can't keep up with everything here.

Tile or no tile Ed J. Up to you.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Face the music Ed J. Can you admit you are wrong here.
    Or is pride too strong to overcome.
    This is a test for you.

Dodging the question makes it worse. But I admit that there is a certain entertainment factor to see how far you will go to keep up the projected appearance of an infallible man.

Can a man who believes that he is mentioned in scripture (as a feast I might add) admit he was wrong.

Stay tuned. Anything can happen. And who knows how many twist and turns that we might see.

Proclaimer
    Participant

At this stage I am imagining Ed J trying to come up with a way to get out of this.

Perhaps he is even contemplating saying that he made a mistake. But he might be battling pride with regards to that.

I pray that God would help him see that the greatest in the Kingdom of God are humble like children and not right in their own minds at all costs.

When you think yourself greater than what you really are, then you have to go through the embarrassment of being made humble by circumstances. When you are humble to begin with, the only way is up.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 26 2013,22:29)
    Hi Mike,

Do you have a “Yes” / “No” question or have T8's rules changed without
    informing us of a new bogus formatting change of limiting ones answers?

Ed,

This is how the Hot Seat topic is described on the forum main page:

The Hot Seat
    This is the Supreme Court. Sick of people avoiding your questions?
    Put them on the Hot Seat. If they don't answer, they are penalized.

I don't see anything about it having to be a YES or NO question, do you?

(Thanks for the invite to your forum. I might check it out sometime. :) )

mikeboll64
    Blocked

(Just had a peek at the forum, Ed. Looks fancy and professional. :) )

terraricca
    Participant

yes ,who can scoop bees without honey ???

the truth belong to God and his son Jesus Christ and so we should at all time thinking that what we do is for them not for us ,we are working for pieces of our own lives ,build by our own deeds kept in the bank of God until the day of our resurrection ,

so telling GODS'S THRUT FOR OTHERS TO BELIEVE IN IT AND SO BE SAVED IS MORE IMPORTANTE THAN THE MOST BEAUTIFUL OF “FORUM”OR CHURCH” OR SPEACH” OR HOUSE OR '''ANY OF THE THINGS IN A PLACE WHERE ALL THINGS WILL COME TO AN HILL OF ASCHES

this is my understanding in scriptures

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Aug. 27 2013,15:51)

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 27 2013,15:29)
    There is no rule breach without a specified rule.

ED J. Stop dodging the question.

1 or 2?

BTW, I will remove the tiles from Gene.

I haven't had a complaint about him in a long time and sometimes people just need to ask. I mean, I can't keep up with everything here.

Tile or no tile Ed J. Up to you.

Hi T8,

You've presented two pieces of flimsy evidence which you say supports your claim (Coptic John 1:1 and AKJV John 6:70).  You claim that the AKJV
    bible holds ‘bias’ in John 1:1, but also claim that it doesn’t in John 6:70; is that not hypocrisy on your part? I have provided a computer
    generated translation of John 6:70; are computers not supposed to be free from any religiously held doctrinal bias, “Yes” or “No”?
    Coptic John 1:1 + AKJV John 6:70  –  I say are less than or at the most equal to   –  AKJV John 1:1 + Google John 6:70

Your decision to attempt to punish someone for not agreeing with you is not my decision,
               don’t fool yourself into thinking that your decision to penalize me is my decision.

Your so called judiciary skills are a sham.

You want me to say my understanding wrong without you even hearing the evidence that supports my view.    
    And you offer as an alternative that I stand in the judgement seat against my brethren.
    Your unrighteous command is: you(Ed J) shoot them or I(T8) will shoot you.

Well my friend that is not good enough, I now put you and your kangaroo court system on the Hot-Seat.
    I have started a new thread where I now put YOU on the Hot-Seat – exposing your
    “Ex-post-facto-law” and your sham “Kangaroo Court”.

T8 is now put on the Hot-Seat       (Link to thread)

You are the only person I know that wants to punish someone for defending themself against Luciferian attacks.                    …that is not good T8.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Last chance to answer the question Ed J.

I have a tile with your name on it. It really wants you. You have the power to send it away. Be brave, take a breath, answer the question.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Ed J @ Aug. 28 2013,15:06)
    And you offer as an alternative that I stand in the judgement seat against my brethren.
    Your unrighteous command is: you(Ed J) shoot them or I(T8) will shoot you.

So your answer is that YOU'RE right, and the AKJV translation of John 6:70 is WRONG – but you don't want to point out the error of your brethren?

Proclaimer
    Participant

The thing is either way he is wrong. If the AKJV is wrong then both the AKJV & Ed J is wrong because ED J says this is the perfect version and now he argues against the version. So it would be better for his reputation if he was wrong with his interpretation about Judas being a devil leaving the AKJV as being right (in his mind). Then he can continue with the number thing that he does because the foundation (perfect AKJV) remains intact. However, even if the AKJV was perfect (which it isn't), the number thing is irrelevant anyway.

Of course this is all just about saving face. Best just to be honest every step of the way Ed J. Then you don't have to keep covering your tracks. And living like that makes you bold. And when you are shown to be wrong, then you rejoice in the fact that you have learned something new.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Ed J, you would be much better off if you chose to be honest about everything. When we are not, we are open to believing delusions.

When exactly did you take this path that you are on. When exactly did you fight reality? Was it pride that made you like this? I believe these are questions you should seek an answer to. Something is wrong here Ed if you cannot just be honest even if it incriminates you.

The more you try to dodge being honest, the further you will go into deception.

david
    Participant

Isn't “devil” just a word that means “slanderer,” like “angel” means “messenger”?

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (david @ Aug. 30 2013,06:35)
    Isn't “devil” just a word that means “slanderer,” like “angel” means “messenger”?

are all angels messengers by trade and spirit being by nature ,what about the arch angels,the cherub angels are those also messenger by trade ???

devil ,yes means slander,liar,murderer because it imply the way to destruction by alienation from God's truth

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 83 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account