Dualism

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 121 through 127 (of 127 total)
  • Author
    Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Tim2 @ June 05 2007,18:02)

All I am still saying is that the bible does not say God is a person

Hebrews 1:3 -“And He is the Radiance of His glory and the exact representation of His person …”  The word for person here is hypostasis, which can also mean nature, but has been understood to mean person.

Tim

Tim2, as you must know, the term “hypostasis” has been considered a dis-service to the Trinity doctrine. Read your history – the history that created the creeds.

And yes, WJ has patience with me because he considers me a sister in the Lord. However, to you I am a stranger left out in the cold to die of hypothermia and starvation! Lost? If so, then you are no guide. You are like the goats who turned those away who needed food, drink and clothing…. WJ rebukes and teaches (sometimes harshly) but he has never turned me away like you have. Truth be told, you have broken my heart. And you say it is better to break my heart than to have me be lost?

1 John 3:11-24, in part
    “For this is the message you have heard from the beginning, that we should love one another…..whoever does not love abides in death…..by this we know love, that he laid down his life for us, and we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers…..little children, let us not love in word or talk but in deed and in truth…..and this is his commandment that we believe in the name of his Son Jesus Christ and love one another, just as he has commanded us….whoever keeps his commandments abides in him, and he in them.”

I obey the commandment Tim – I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God. I believe he came in the flesh and lived here on earth. You have no right to impose any other commandments on me! You are in trouble with our Father for not loving me as your sister, and I'm telling on you! :)

Tim2
    Participant

Tim2, as you must know, the term “hypostasis” has been considered a dis-service to the Trinity doctrine. Read your history – the history that created the creeds.

Sure, I believe that some people have considered hypostasis to be a disservice to the Trinity doctrine. Plenty of others haven't. What has that got to do with the fact that it's in the Bible? That's all I said.

I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

No you don't. You insult Him by saying He is just the male offspring of the Father and Mary. You're not my sister, but you can be if you repent and believe that Jesus is the true Son of God, Who was God in the beginning and changes not.

Tim

Not3in1
    Participant

Can you tell me where I might find the word “hypostasis” in the Bible?

Who are you to judge God's children, huh? Jesus is not “just” the offspring of God and Mary – by saying that YOU have insulted God and his Son. Tim, you may not realize how hot the water is that you are in now…..it's been heating up slowly over time……..soon you will be boiled to death! Certainly death is creaping up your very cold heart at this moment if you have not love. God help you!

You say that Jesus is the “true” Son of God and yet you deny that he is by placing him in a “God lot of 3” – well I don't buy your teaching for a dollar! Jesus is the true Son of God. If words mean anything…..Jesus is the true Son of his Father. A true Son. A Son. Son. MALE OFFSPRING!

You're still in trouble, Tim. Believe me, when you need mercy there may be a shortage. God sees your heart and we can see it here, too, to the degree that you show others God's love is in you.

Quote (Not3in1 @ June 06 2007,06:37)
    Can you tell me where I might find the word “hypostasis” in the Bible?

Who are you to judge God's children, huh?  Jesus is not “just” the offspring of God and Mary – by saying that YOU have insulted God and his Son.  Tim, you may not realize how hot the water is that you are in now…..it's been heating up slowly over time……..soon you will be boiled to death!  Certainly death is creaping up your very cold heart at this moment if you have not love.  God help you!

You say that Jesus is the “true” Son of God and yet you deny that he is by placing him in a “God lot of 3” – well I don't buy your teaching for a dollar!  Jesus is the true Son of God.  If words mean anything…..Jesus is the true Son of his Father.  A true Son.  A Son.  Son.  MALE OFFSPRING!

You're still in trouble, Tim.  Believe me, when you need mercy there may be a shortage.  God sees your heart and we can see it here, too, to the degree that you show others God's love is in you.

not3

“hupostasis” is the Greek word for “Person” in Hebrews 1:3.

which means…

1) a setting or placing under

a) thing put under, substructure, foundation

2) that which has foundation, is firm

a) that which has actual existence

1) a substance, real being

b) the substantial quality, nature, of a person or thing

c) the steadfastness of mind, firmness, courage, resolution

1) confidence, firm trust, assurance

Some translations render it “Essence” or “Substance” which is a closer meaning to the word and context than “Person”.

You can find words and their greek meanings at…

http://www.blueletterbible.org/

Blessings

Not3in1
    Participant

Thanks for the website, WJ. I will look it over when it's quiet here tonight.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Tim2 @ June 05 2007,18:49)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ June 05 2007,18:05)

Quote (Tim2 @ June 05 2007,18:02)

All I am still saying is that the bible does not say God is a person

Hebrews 1:3 -“And He is the Radiance of His glory and the exact representation of His person …”  The word for person here is hypostasis, which can also mean nature, but has been understood to mean person.

Tim

Tim

True!

:)

Thanks WJ.  I admire your patience in going over the same material again and again with the lost.

Tim

And why are we lost Tim? :laugh:

Is it because we don't follow the Harlot, her false doctrines, creeds and confusion. Ummmm I wonder who is lost?

What spirit is this that disobeys Jesus. The same spirit that made graven images, calls themselves father, thinks they will be heard because of their worthless prayers of many words, wear long robes, changed the law of God, teach that Jesus was resurrected on the first day.

This is the spirit that you follow. But Judgment day is not here yet. Heed the warning Tim and come out of her.

IHN&L,

Ken

Shame on you!

kenrch
    Participant

Any one who believes that Jesus is the Son of God and died for our sins have the right to become children of God. Judgmentday has not come yet but is at hand. If one is deceived and refuses to “come out” then God and only God will judge them.

Joh 1:12 But as many as received him, to them gave he the right to become children of God, even to them that believe on his name:

Joh 13:34 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another.

Joh 13:35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

Joh 15:12 This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.

Rom 12:10 Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love; in honour preferring one another;

Rom 13:8 Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law.

Gal 5:13 For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another.

Eph 4:2 With all lowliness and meekness, with longsuffering, forbearing one another in love;

1Th 3:12 And the Lord make you to increase and abound in love one toward another, and toward all men, even as we do toward you:

1Th 4:9 But as touching brotherly love ye need not that I write unto you: for ye yourselves are taught of God to love one another.

Heb 10:24 And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works:

1Pe 1:22 Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the Spirit unto unfeigned love of the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently:

1Pe 3:8 Finally, be ye all of one mind, having compassion one of another, love as brethren, be pitiful, be courteous:

1Jo 3:11 For this is the message that ye heard from the beginning, that we should love one another.

1Jo 3:23 And this is his commandment, That we should believe on the name of his Son Jesus Christ, and love one another, as he gave us commandment.

***1Jo 4:7 Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and every one that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God. ***

1Jo 4:11 Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another.

**1Jo 4:12 No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us**

2Jo 1:5 And now I beseech thee, lady, not as though I wrote a new commandment unto thee, but that which we had from the beginning, that we love one another.

Viewing 7 posts - 121 through 127 (of 127 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account