Double-edged sword!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Texas
    Participant

Something I forgot to add to that post on the double-edged sword; was this: All of us, just as Paul, just as the Psalmist, have that terrible fight to keep on doing what is right in Jehovah's eyes. I think that now, more than ever before, 'critical times, hard to deal with' are upon us all now. {2Timothy 3:1-5} That makes it even more difficult to win out over our sinful tendencies, that are at war in our members. The reason being, that now there are so many outside influences, in satan's World that add to the difficulty we all now must face. In as much as satan holds this 'whole entire world in his power,' and that he is 'misleading the entire inhabited earth.' So, that's what we must contend with now. No easy battle at all. So,now, more than ever before, the fight is even more difficult than it was, in Paul's day, or in the days of the Psalmist. That doesn't mean, that we can't win out in this Battle. It will just be that much more difficult to do. We will win-out, though! Just keep on wrestling!

This brings to mind one of the teachings of the Watchtower Society. They was teaching us all, that the thorn that Paul had in his flesh, an 'angel of satan that kept slapping him.' {2Corinthians 12:7-10} was poor eyesight. Now, I always believed that, that was a silly notion, because I believe that Paul was discussing that very thorn in Romans 7:15-25. Now, my understanding was, Paul was struck blind, while on the road to Damascus, and later had his sight miraculously restored to him, according to the account in Acts 9:3-16. Now, can anyone imagine that recieving your sight by miraculous means, you would be given poor eyesight? Now, to me, that simply does not compute. Does it, to anyone else? Texas!

Cindy
    Participant

Texas Why do you find it necessary to tell us about J.W. We do have one at least here on this site.
    W.J. said something about you being a Prophet? We already had some J.W. come to our house,
    for the most time, they have been very nice. I agree some with W.J. and you know what He
    said.
    Irene

Texas

Also, why would you keep creating new threads on the same subjects? You are just messing up this board. Why dont you search the board first to see if there is a title that you can put your subject under before you created unnecessay threads? Or just create a thread that says “The truth according to Texas” that would suffice.

Just a suggestion.

WJ

Texas
    Participant

Quote (Cindy @ May 21 2009,04:43)
    Texas  Why do you find it necessary to tell us about J.W. We do have one at least here on this site.
             W.J. said something about you being a Prophet? We already had some J.W. come to our house,
             for the most time, they have been very nice. I agree some with W.J. and you know what He
             said.
            Irene

Well Irene!
    Didn't Jesus himself warn us that, “False Christs and false Propfets would arise, to misled, if possible, even the chosen ones?” Matthew 24:24

Didn't Paul serve this warning: “For such men are false apostles, deceitful workers transforming themselves into apostles of Christ. And no wonder, for satan himself transforms himself into an angel of light. It is therefore nothing great if his ministers also keep transforming themselves into miniters of righteousness. But their end will be according to their works.” {2Corinthians 11; 13-15} According to that, wouldn't satan and his ministers prove to look very nice? It is only a ploy, to get you believing the lie Irene. Only a ploy!Truth be told Irene, I believe there's more than one witness on this Board. Whatever that is worth to you! Yes! I know what WJ said! I know what a lot have said! So does Jehovah and his Son Irene!Texas

Texas
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ May 21 2009,05:02)
    Texas

Also, why would you keep creating new threads on the same subjects? You are just messing up this board. Why dont you search the board first to see if there is a title that you can put your subject under before you created unnecessay threads? Or just create a thread that says “The truth according to Texas” that would suffice.

Just a suggestion.

WJ

WJ!
    I do that because, although, as you said, there are many threads. The problem I find with that, though, is, I have seen no actual truth being told, so I go in, and tell the real truth of the matter. Seems to me, that few, if any on this Board, have the intestinal fortitude to do that. All are satisfied with a white-wash of the truth. Perhaps not even that! That, doesn't do me, and never will! Seems to be quite alright with you though, eh? What do you care about the truth being told? Not much it appears!Texas!

Quote (Texas @ May 20 2009,14:05)

Texas

Just a suggestion.

WJ

WJ!
    I do that because, although, as you said, there are many threads. The problem I find with that, though, is, I have seen no actual truth being told, so I go in, and tell the real truth of the matter. Seems to me, that few, if any on this Board, have the intestinal fortitude to do that. All are satisfied with a white-wash of the truth. Perhaps not even that! That, doesn't do me, and never will! Seems to be quite alright with you though, eh? What do you care about the truth being told? Not much it appears!Texas!

Hi Texas

So like I said, why don't you just create a thread that is eintitled “the truth according to Texas”.

After all that would better explain your post! Why be rude and mess up this sight by creating a million threads to promote your brand of truth?

BTW, you are right, I do not care about your brand of truth!

WJ

Texas
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ May 21 2009,06:58)

Quote (Texas @ May 20 2009,14:05)

Texas

Just a suggestion.

WJ

WJ!

Hi Texas

So like I said, why don't you just create a thread that is eintitled “the truth according to Texas”.

After all that would better explain your post! Why be rude and mess up this sight by creating a million threads to promote your brand of truth?

BTW, you are right, I do not care about your brand of truth!

WJ

No WJ!
    The truths that I put on this Board, I glean from the pages of the Bible! Almost always, if, in fact, always, I supply scripture to back up what I'm saying! I'm usually very careful at doing that too. I'm fully aware of what will happen to those who deliberately do that. Why would I voluntarily commit suicide by twisting the truth to promote my own brand of teaching?

Now,come on WJ, I'm really not all that stupid, as to do something like that! Knowing what I do about the Bible. However, if you wish, if it would really be satifying to you, I could do exactly as you have suggested. “The Truth, according to Texas!” Now, come to think of it, that does have a nice ring to it! Thanks for your suggestion! That just might save me a lot of hassles, as I continue on with this. That's acually, a very good idea! Now, why didn't I think about that myself before? Texas!

Cindy
    Participant

Texas  If you could only hear yourself.  Only you are right. Seems you know everything. Do you ever think, that maybe you could be wrong sometimes?
    Irene

:cool: :cool: :cool:

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account