Does the name really matter

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick……..Are you now arguing with what Jesus said also. GO read it for yourself and tell us what it means then (IF) you know. As i said any can work in anyones name that doesn't mean it a right work does it. You clarified it yourself , go reread your last sentence, let me give you a key (the word ANOINTED).

peace………….gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    Here are a few examples for you to work on.

Acts 3:6
    Then Peter said, Silver and gold have I none; but such as I have give I thee: In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk.
    Acts 4:10
    Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.
    Acts 8:12
    But when they believed Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdom of God, and the name of Jesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.
    Acts 4:30
    By stretching forth thine hand to heal; and that signs and wonders may be done by the name of thy holy child Jesus.
    Acts 9:29
    And he spake boldly in the name of the Lord Jesus, and disputed against the Grecians: but they went about to slay him.
    Acts 16:18
    And this did she many days. But Paul, being grieved, turned and said to the spirit, I command thee in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her. And he came out the same hour.

Perhaps you should read this
    Acts 19:17
    And this was known to all the Jews and Greeks also dwelling at Ephesus; and fear fell on them all, and the name of the Lord Jesus was magnified.

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick….It was GOD himself who was doing all the miracles through all the apostles and it was him who did the Miracles through Jesus. All is of God and for GOD and Through GOD. GOD who is the Savior of all men. God was also the savior of Jesus to . NO one could do any thing without the Father, Believe what Jesus said. It was the Father IN him that does the WORK as well as the apostles also. Why do you continually want to take Him glory away from Him, Jesus never did that.

peace to you…………gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    Do you not believe the apostles were correct in their prayers and works? You know more?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Nick………changing subject matter again, you just can't catch a snake in a brier patch. The apostles and their prayers is not the question here. You have no idea if i know more or less then anyone, nor what God has revealed to me or anyone else far as that goes.

peace and love…………………..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    So Acts must be discarded in favour of your teachings?

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 06 2009,05:15)
    GB,
    So Acts must be discarded in favour of your teachings?

Nick……….who said that, just another of your stupid accusations.

love and peace……………………..gene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    Your furious rages against us do not contribute helpfully.
    Please address the question so we can make progress.

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    This is what I said
    “Would you like to clarify how the anointed apostles in Acts worked in the name of Jesus yet were not workers of iniquity?”

Can you answer now?

Should you also follow the example of the apostles and work in the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth?

Jodi
    Participant

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Jan. 04 2009,20:47)
    Nick….It was GOD himself who was doing all the miracles through all the apostles and it was him who did the Miracles through Jesus. All is of God and for GOD and Through GOD. GOD who is the Savior of all men. God was also the savior of Jesus to . NO one could do any thing without the Father, Believe what Jesus said. It was the Father IN him that does the WORK as well as the apostles also. Why do you continually want to take Him glory away from Him, Jesus never did that.

peace to you…………gene

Hi Nick,

I see NOTHING in what Gene said here to be false,

“It was GOD himself who was doing all the miracles through all the apostles and it was him who did the Miracles through Jesus. All is of God and for GOD and Through GOD. GOD who is the Savior of all men. God was also the savior of Jesus to . NO one could do any thing without the Father, Believe what Jesus said. It was the Father IN him that does the WORK as well as the apostles also.”

Nick, will you admit that what is written above is the pure TRUTH, or not?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,
    I agree that the Spirit of Christ from God does the work in the body of Christ.
    We cannot do anything outside of the vine of Christ.

Such branches are removed from the vine
    and cast into the fire.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,
    Those baptised into Christ and enlivened by his Spirit have an appointed role in his body.
    They work in his name and by that Spirit power
    1Cor 12
    3Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost.

4Now there are diversities of gifts, but the same Spirit.

5And there are differences of administrations, but the same Lord.

6And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all.

7But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.

8For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;

9To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;

10To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:

11But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.

12For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.

13For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.

14For the body is not one member, but many.

15If the foot shall say, Because I am not the hand, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?

16And if the ear shall say, Because I am not the eye, I am not of the body; is it therefore not of the body?

17If the whole body were an eye, where were the hearing? If the whole were hearing, where were the smelling?

18But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased him.

19And if they were all one member, where were the body?

20But now are they many members, yet but one body.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,
    Jesus came and worked in the name of his Father
    John 5:43
    I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.

John 10:25
    Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me.

But we do not have that given authority.
    We have the privilege of continuing that work of God in the name of His Son.
    It is by the gracious pleasure of God that we who are one in Christ in God are allowed to help His work.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Colossians 3:17
    Whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    2 Thessalonians 1:12
    so that the name of our Lord Jesus will be glorified in you, and you in Him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ.

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 07 2009,08:03)
    Hi Jodi,
    Jesus came and worked in the name of his Father
    John 5:43
    I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive.

John 10:25
    Jesus answered them, I told you, and ye believed not: the works that I do in my Father's name, they bear witness of me.  

But we do not have that given authority.
    We have the privilege of continuing that work of God in the name of His Son.
    It is by the gracious pleasure of God that we who are one in Christ in God are allowed to help His work.

Hi Nick:

What about the following scripture with respect to what you have stated:

Jhn 17:15 I pray not that thou shouldest take them out of the world, but that thou shouldest keep them from the evil.
    Jhn 17:16 They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world.
    Jhn 17:17 Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.
    Jhn 17:18 As thou hast sent me into the world, even so have I also sent them into the world.

Of course, not every member of the body of Christ is in a position of authority in the church, but the whole body are commissioned to take the gospel to the whole world. Every member working together in one spirit to accomplish the end result which is to save God's children.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    So Jesus sends us by the authority given him by God

Participant

Quote (Jodi @ Jan. 07 2009,07:19)

Quote (Gene Balthrop @ Jan. 04 2009,20:47)
    Nick….It was GOD himself who was doing all the miracles  through all the apostles and it was him who did the Miracles through Jesus. All is of God and for GOD and Through GOD. GOD who is the Savior of all men.  God was also the savior of Jesus to . NO one could do any thing without the Father, Believe what Jesus said. It was the Father IN him that does the WORK as well as the apostles also. Why do you continually want to take Him glory away from Him, Jesus never did that.

peace to you…………gene

Hi Nick,

I see NOTHING in what Gene said here to be false,

“It was GOD himself who was doing all the miracles  through all the apostles and it was him who did the Miracles through Jesus. All is of God and for GOD and Through GOD. GOD who is the Savior of all men.  God was also the savior of Jesus to . NO one could do any thing without the Father, Believe what Jesus said. It was the Father IN him that does the WORK as well as the apostles also.”

Nick, will you admit that what is written above is the pure TRUTH, or not?

Hi Jodi:

There is nothing wrong with giving God the glory, but it was Jesus who obeyed the Word of God even unto death on the cross.

The way that Gene seems to put this is that God did it all, and that simply is not true.

Phl 2:5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:

Phl 2:6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

Phl 2:7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:

Phl 2:8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.

Phl 2:9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

Phl 2:10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of [things] in heaven, and [things] in earth, and [things] under the earth;

Phl 2:11 And [that] every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ [is] Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

Hbr 5:7 Who in the days of his flesh, when he had offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto him that was able to save him from death, and was heard in that he feared;

Hbr 5:8 Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered;

Hbr 5:9 And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

It appears that the Son and we as sons have something to do with this. We are obeying our Father and God, but robots, really? I don't think so.

chosenone
    Participant

Hi 942767.
    You said in this last post: “The way that Gene seems to put this is that God did it all, and that simply is not true”. I believe Gene is correct in his assumtion, See the following scriptures:

Ro.11:36…seeing that out of Him (God) and through Him and for Him is all: to Him be the glory for the eons! Amen!

1Cor.8:6 …nevertheless for us there is one God, the Father, out of Whom all is,

1Cor.11:12 …12 For even as the woman is out of the man, thus the man also is through the woman, yet all is of God.

2Cor.5:18 …18 Yet all is of God, Who conciliates us to Himself through Christ, and is giving us the dispensation of the conciliation,

Blessings.

NickHassan
    Participant

For soY

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account